The University of Arkansas football program has released the pre-spring practice depth chart. One thing is for sure, we’ll never run out of receivers this year with sixteeen players listed at the WR positions.
Notable on the offensive side of the ball:
- The afore mentioned WRs. As far as who’s at the top of the depth chart, there are no surprises. Adams, Wright, Childs, Hamilton. Not much of a surprise who is right behind them either as it is mostly guys that were first off the bench this past year.
- Only two “starters” at any of the offensive line positions. Thos are Grant Cook and Travis Swanson. One offensive tackle spot is between two incoming players in Jason Peacock and Brey Cook. One thing that looks really nice is the distribution of experience at all of the positions. Not senior laden…nor dominated by young players.
- Tight end is led by Chris Gragg as expected. Former DE Ryan Calendar and OL Denton Simek are listed here.
- QB is as expected with Wilson, Mitchell, Walker.
- Dennis Johnson is listed as the #4 RB. Broderick Green is #2. Green is also the #1 FB.
- Defensive end is exactly as one would expect.
- We have astounding depth at defensive tackle. Also, Jatashun Beachum is listed as a 6-1, 280 Fr there.
- One cornerback spot is a bit troubling. Jerry Mitchell, De’Anthony Curtis, Eric Redmon, Kealon Kellybrew. None of these have any meaningful experience at the position.
- The other cornerback spot is where all of the experience is with Isaac Madison, Darius Winston, and Greg Gatson.
- Eric Bennett has been moved from corner to safety and is at the top, ahead of Elton Ford.
Join the discussion in the thread on the board.