Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Admins don't know shit,  (Read 9669 times)

the_olde_boare

Admins don't know shit,
« on: February 21, 2005, 11:51:25 AM »
about computers. I asked the admins for help and the little pissants couldn't. Some how, I screwed up the upper portion of the title block of my home page. When I accsess an article, ie, a sports article from the local paper, the link title is no longer shown. I can't place it as a reference in a post.  I, also, don't know shit about computers. How do I correct this?

Offline LSH

• Boar
  • We're putting new coversheets on all TPS reports.
Re: Admins don't know shit,
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 01:26:42 PM »
about computers. I asked the admins for help and the little pissants couldn't. Some how, I screwed up the upper portion of the title block of my home page. When I accsess an article, ie, a sports article from the local paper, the link title is no longer shown. I can't place it as a reference in a post.  I, also, don't know shit about computers. How do I correct this?
Can you do a screenshot so I can see what you're talking about? I might be able to help, but I can't visualize what's going on.

Offline JoeBobHog

• Boar
  • your wife's pussy tastes like sweet butter.
Re: Admins don't know aMm,
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 01:29:16 PM »
I ain't no admin, but...

I think he's sayin' he can't see the address bar anymore.

:notexas:

Irvin: BWAAHAHAHA! (yelling) Aw mane!  Deion, scrin scranton!  BWAAHAHAHA!  Got to grisna!  Like T.O.!  BWAAHAHAHA!
Sanders: BWAAHAHAHA!
Marino: OK, well like we were saying before, McNair will display the toughness and show the kind of heart that…
Irvin: BWAAAHAHAHA! (yelling) You know I scrilleous crate!  Grab a pen in traven!  BWAAAHAHAHA!  Sh*t!  Now I’m say!  Aw mane!
Sanders: HA HA!  Crenious shanta!  BWAAAHAHAHA!   Marino: What?
Irvin: BWAAAHAHAHA! (pushes Sanders in shoulder, falls backward out of chair)
Sanders:  Aw mane!  Irvin: (from ground)  BWAAAHAHAHA!

Offline LSH

• Boar
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 01:35:53 PM »
I ain't no admin, but...

I think he's sayin' he can't see the address bar anymore.

:notexas:
Hmmm.... maybe...

TOB: do you mean you can't see http://www.hogwired.com/  (the address)? If so, go to View>Toolbars>Address Bar and make sure it has a check mark next to it.

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 01:39:40 PM »
Also if it's checked and you still can't see it you may have "dragged" it closed. Look in your toolbar space and see if you see the word Address anywhere. If so, put your mouse pointer over it and hold down the left button until it turns into a 4 pointed arrow. Then you can drag it anywhere you want.

Calmer than you are.

the_olde_boare

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 01:50:41 PM »
That did it. Between the advice of going to view, etc, and address was checked, then back to it and looking at the toolbar space, there was 'address' in the extreme right corner, there was the word 'address.' One klick on it and low and behold the link address space opened up. I even worked it. Thank you all very much. There have been things I wanted to send to friends and couldn't.

To give the devil his due, there was one admin that was close to solving this for me. He sent me to tools rather than view and I dind't have the knowledge to try anyting else. When our company first got  computers, I played solitare on mine, and I had a problem, a loud shout brought a bunch of really smart little pissants to help me. I never bothered but shuffled cards playing solitare while they fixed it.

Thank you all. :thumbup:

Offline LSH

• Boar
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2005, 01:53:38 PM »
Also if it's checked and you still can't see it you may have "dragged" it closed. Look in your toolbar space and see if you see the word Address anywhere. If so, put your mouse pointer over it and hold down the left button until it turns into a 4 pointed arrow. Then you can drag it anywhere you want.
Like this?

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2005, 02:40:57 PM »

ElvisHog

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2005, 02:53:36 PM »
That did it. Between the advice of going to view, etc, and address was checked, then back to it and looking at the toolbar space, there was 'address' in the extreme right corner, there was the word 'address.' One klick on it and low and behold the link address space opened up. I even worked it. Thank you all very much. There have been things I wanted to send to friends and couldn't.

To give the devil his due, there was one admin that was close to solving this for me. He sent me to tools rather than view and I dind't have the knowledge to try anyting else. When our company first got  computers, I played solitare on mine, and I had a problem, a loud shout brought a bunch of really smart little pissants to help me. I never bothered but shuffled cards playing solitare while they fixed it.

Thank you all. :thumbup:

Its not our fault you can't understand instructions.  O0

Offline LSH

• Boar
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2005, 03:02:48 PM »

Shouldn't your login be rpetty43?  O0
I'm considering changing my name. I have two older brothers; why my dad didn't choose to name one of *them* Richard Petty, I have no idea.

Offline LSH

• Boar
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2005, 03:03:49 PM »

Its not our fault you can't understand instructions.  O0
You wouldn't be able to understand instructions, either, if you drank as much Jameson before noon as that man does.

;D

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2005, 04:07:00 PM »

Calmer than you are.

Offline LSH

• Boar
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2005, 04:08:53 PM »

Razorgasm

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2005, 04:57:06 PM »
It's true... admins don't know shit. Hell, some of them can't even fix a minor problem without help and bitching about the help they do get.  :D

:beer:

hawgheadtoo

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2005, 08:34:03 PM »
It's true... admins don't know shit. Hell, some of them can't even fix a minor problem without help and bitching about the help they do get.  :D

:beer:

Hell, I haven't even found one in the last few years that could even talk English.  :beer:

Offline LSH

• Boar
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2005, 09:06:22 PM »

Hell, I haven't even found one in the last few years that could even talk English.  :beer:
Had a lot of experience with Woopig admins in the last few years, or are you just talking out of your ass?

hawgheadtoo

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2005, 10:21:15 PM »

Had a lot of experience with Woopig admins in the last few years, or are you just talking out of your ass?

So, you think Woopig is the only place with admins? You don't have a clue or your just in a piss ant mood. Think I care!! :notexas: :2bird:

Offline HRC

• Boar
  • WPS
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2005, 12:30:02 PM »

A lost chicken?  A chicken?  In the woods? - ElvisHog - 2/4/2004
---------------

Offline LSH

• Boar
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2005, 12:43:55 PM »

Nice. What did you use to record that?

Macromedia Captivate. It does captioning for you. It's a GREAT tool.

Offline MDEM

• Hater
  • Tush Hog
  • Repulsive Degenerate
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2005, 06:43:01 PM »

It's the devil.

This is a high quality post.

Offline HRC

• Boar
  • WPS
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2005, 07:09:12 PM »

Thanks. I work with a guy who has all the Macromedia apps. I could use that for work. I wonder if there are any good freeware versions with similar capability?

A lost chicken?  A chicken?  In the woods? - ElvisHog - 2/4/2004
---------------

Offline LSH

• Boar
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2005, 07:16:31 PM »

Offline pigboy

• Tush Hog
  • Sarcasm tag abuse cop
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2005, 08:10:36 PM »
I ain't no admin,  :notexas:

No way I believe this. Link plz.