Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Not in the top 10, but we make the list at the end  (Read 2780 times)

Offline razorback44

• Wild Hog
  • We will see you in Miami...
Not in the top 10, but we make the list at the end
« on: July 22, 2006, 04:57:59 AM »
Were not in the top 10 on this list of the best QB situations, but at least we get some mention at the end.  Good read at the least.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5805966
"Baby, we're gonna give big daddy the old Rainman suite.  Can you dig that money?  VEGAS BABY, VEGAS!!"

Rod Smith, Denver Broncos:

Rod Smith's slogan in his local television ads for Blackjack Pizza is "Stick with the home team."

The veteran wide receiver was prepared for the critics in the locker room who might want to make light of his acting skills.  "One of the rookies was messing with me about it the other day. He was laughing and I said, 'You don't know how much I got paid for that. It's more than what you make.' Then he quit laughing," Smith said.

Offline Jostlyn McCocksack

• Wise guy extraordinare. Faded weekly
  • King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
Re: Not in the top 10, but we make the list at the end
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 08:46:45 AM »
The Hogs have SO MUCH talent at QB that Alex Mortensen transferred?  Umm, NO.
"Coaches who listen to fans often end up sitting with them."
Bobby Knight

Uncle Remus

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 09:47:49 AM »
Ok, so why did he transfer?
No light at the end of the tunnel.(talent)

Offline Shermy

• #thicke UTV
  • Boar
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 10:16:43 AM »
West Virginia
Troy St.
Kent St.
Rice
Nebraska
North Texas
Navy
Air Force
Ohio

Online pigtacular

• King of the Hogs
  • I know, my behavior can be... *erratic* sometimes
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 10:52:05 AM »
Am I the only one who found this amusing?

"The nation's top high school quarterback, Mitch Mustain, enters the picture this fall and figures to get his shot at going totally Megadeth on the SEC..."

I realize the Megadeth reference has been used before, but I just like to picture Mustain doing some hard guitar riff after every completion.
David St. Hubbins: We say, "Love your brother." We don't say it really, but...
Nigel:We don't literally say it.
David St. Hubbins: No, we don't say it.
Nigel: We don't really, literally mean it.

• King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 11:11:15 AM »
Ok, so why did he transfer?

That wasn't the point. . .Dick and Johnson are not what I would consider worthy of an honorable mention list.  Neither have done a thing under center.  Mitch has not taken a snap.   How in teh world did this guy come to this?  I think that Arkansas has become everyone's sexy underdog pick (Thank you Phil Steele)
Bobby Knight

Offline HogJam

• Boar
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 11:20:42 AM »
That wasn't the point. . .Dick and Johnson are not what I would consider worthy of an honorable mention list.  Neither have done a thing under center.  Mitch has not taken a snap.   How in teh world did this guy come to this?  I think that Arkansas has become everyone's sexy underdog pick (Thank you Phil Steele)

Did you read "the list?"

We didn't even make it, but La-La and UNLV did. Nothing sexy about that.

The majority of our fans probably are happy with their $14,000 per year job, a "good Christian" coaching the hogs, and Hee Haw on Saturday nights.....

Online Phat_Hawg

• I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006, 02:16:41 PM »

Phil Steele said yesterday on the local call-in show that Arkansas was very "unlucky" the last two years and that's why they had losing records. 

That comment pretty much told me all I need to know about Phil Steele's analysis.
Homies help homies.  Always.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2006, 02:26:00 PM »
I love how we've become a sexy pick. If we have a bad year there's going to be more second guessing of everything HDN did. "They were poised for a big year. What happened?"

• King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2006, 11:57:39 PM »

Phil Steele said yesterday on the local call-in show that Arkansas was very "unlucky" the last two years and that's why they had losing records. 

That comment pretty much told me all I need to know about Phil Steele's analysis.

Well he is still a businessman. . .his magazine is very informative and he is quite accurate.  Some of his stuff is very good while other parts are a bit sketchy (I am not a big trends guy) He is by far the best of what is currently out there. . .
Bobby Knight

Online Phat_Hawg

• I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2006, 02:41:14 PM »
He makes it very clear that the trends are about 1/5 of what goes into making a pick.  He includes them as a bonus, does not rely on them.

People can say what they want, ie Phat hog, but our Hogs are going to be good this season.  I feel for him that he is so negative about it.  Can't be a very enjoyable offseason.

You just continue with your fake enthusiasm.  It's what makes you so cool.
Homies help homies.  Always.

Page created in 0.233 seconds with 32 queries.