Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Re: Seriously...if you have the means to have HDTV  (Read 4335 times)

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
Re: Seriously...if you have the means to have HDTV
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2006, 03:48:33 AM »
I have a 50" Sony Grand Wega LCD projection, and it is allsome.  ...  I suggest going with an LCD projection, and Sony makes the best one money can buy.

I think the 50" Sony SXRD is the best HD unit out there, regardless of price, unless its the 60" big brother.  A year ago its MRSP was $4,000.  Sunday at the LR Sears it was $2,850.  Less on the net.

This fall Sony it dropping it and bringing out a 55, 60, and 70 and changing the designation from XBR1 to XBR2. Supposedly they will be slimmer and have an improved bulb.  Worth checking out.
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline Dburg_Hog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2006, 07:53:09 AM »
there's an independent dealer here in town that said he would sell me a 42" Pioneer plasma tv for $3300.  I don't know if that's a deal or not, but I'm going to Best Buy this week to compare. 

Offline STL_HOG

• A Shoat
  • woopig.net
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2006, 08:54:52 AM »
I have a 50" Sony Grand Wega LCD projection, and it is allsome.  I did a lot of research before buying it, and I came to the conclusion that if you are a movie junkie, then DLP is probably best for you (better, deeper blacks...better contrast).  However, if you want and HDTV for sports or games, then LCD projection or plasma is a much better option.  Given that most plasmas are way too damn expensive for a TV that will die in <10 years, I suggest going with an LCD projection, and Sony makes the best one money can buy.

Is this a good buy?

http://www.hotbuyselectronics.com/item_detail.php?item_id=110828
"Oh I had a job once.  It was on a riverboat, wasn't no older than Newt there.  I had to give it up though.  I was too young and pretty, the whores wouldn't let me alone."

Anti-OtisII

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2006, 09:08:50 AM »
I have a 50" Sony Grand Wega LCD projection, and it is allsome.  I did a lot of research before buying it, and I came to the conclusion that if you are a movie junkie, then DLP is probably best for you (better, deeper blacks...better contrast).  However, if you want and HDTV for sports or games, then LCD projection or plasma is a much better option.  Given that most plasmas are way too damn expensive for a TV that will die in <10 years, I suggest going with an LCD projection, and Sony makes the best one money can buy.

I'm glad to hear that.  I've had my eye on the 42" version that will fit in our TV cabinet for over 6 months now.  They were around $2000, but you can get on now for about $1500 or maybe even less online.  Does anyone have any opinion on whether there are any reputable online stores that are good to use versus paying the premium at a store like BestBuy? 

Offline Vito Porkleone

• Director of Golf
  • Boar
  • Next one's coming faster.
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2006, 03:11:31 PM »
I'm glad to hear that.  I've had my eye on the 42" version that will fit in our TV cabinet for over 6 months now.  They were around $2000, but you can get on now for about $1500 or maybe even less online.  Does anyone have any opinion on whether there are any reputable online stores that are good to use versus paying the premium at a store like BestBuy? 

I bought the 42" Sony right before the Masters, and I have been thrilled with it.  Got it from Circuit City, because it was 0% til 2008.  The TV itself was about $1700 back then, but I spent a pretty penny when adding the sound system, HDMI cable, and speaker stands.

DVD's look pretty darn good, but the sports in Hi Def rocks my face off.  I can't wait for football season.  Augusta in HD was absolutely amazing...
The first thing we're gonna do is we're gonna acknowledge that this guy is awesome.  I mean he shoots Theo Tonin;  fakes his own death in a spectacular fashion;  pushes a guy out of an airplane while he's flyin' it;  parachutes into Harlan County with enough coke and cash to jumpstart the economy of a small country;  then he has the balls to get a job in law enforcement - not once but two times;  he spends a couple days ridin' around with you - while you're lookin' for him;  and now he's run off with a hooker that's half his age.  That's some badass shit.

Online Love Handle

• A Shoat
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2006, 03:21:24 PM »
When are the cable and satellite companies going to start offering more programming in HD?  I've heard next year but it seems to constantly change.

Mattchoo

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2006, 05:16:16 PM »
there's an independent dealer here in town that said he would sell me a 42" Pioneer plasma tv for $3300.  I don't know if that's a deal or not, but I'm going to Best Buy this week to compare. 

It's not.

Look at Panasonic and LG plasmas and spend the $1,000 you save on a good set of speakers.

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 38 queries.