Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Re: How big of a clusterf.ck is Football at Arkansas Baptist going to be?  (Read 4203 times)

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
Re: How big of a clusterf.ck is Football at Arkansas Baptist going to be?
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2006, 03:34:53 PM »

Is there that much private money going around in Arkansas to finance that many juco football programs, though?

Most, if not all, true junior/community colleges in Arkansas (which Arkansas Baptist is not) are public institutions.  They would all have to come up with the necessary private funding to field football programs, since they would be prohibited by current state law from using public funds. 

Are there that many deep pockets in this state willing to finance that many juco programs?

Probably not. 

I agree with the idea ASU-Beebe would be included if something like that were the case.

Offline Scotty Doesn't Know

• Guns. Boom. America.
  • Boar
  • Not a doctor.
Re: How big of a clusterf.ck is Football at Arkansas Baptist going to be?
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2006, 03:56:51 PM »

Probably not. 

I agree with the idea ASU-Beebe would be included if something like that were the case.

I know NorthArk doesnt do "athletic" scholarships for their athletes so mosrt are either on some other form of aid or academic scholarships. i dont know if that is how they do it in kansas or mississippi, but pretty much all the school pays for is the equip, facilities and transport.

i dont know how the ASU system would look at a JUCO football program. A place like Mountain Home would support the program (hell, they could use the MHHS football field). My professors have mentioned manytimes that Jonesboro isn't going to let any of the satellite campuses become selfcontained but i dont see why they wouldnt go for it.
That's what I do. I drink and I know things.

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 33 queries.