Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Randy just ended a sentence with two prepositions.  (Read 1550 times)

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
Randy just ended a sentence with two prepositions.
« on: July 26, 2006, 04:21:12 PM »
That is something with which we should not put.

Rick is saying the request for an injunction regarding the new modifier has been scaled back to cover only leagues which have privates or would have had privates.  For example, since the new 6A/7A only has Catholic, and they would be in 7A regardless (or as Randy would say, irregardless) those 32 schools can now go ahead with what they'd planned.

Sounds like they've seperated the reallignment from the multiplier dispute, which makes sense.
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline authorhawgerelli

• A Shoat
Re: Randy just ended a sentence with two prepositions.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 04:30:34 PM »
That is something with which we should not put.

Rick is saying the request for an injunction regarding the new modifier has been scaled back to cover only leagues which have privates or would have had privates.  For example, since the new 6A/7A only has Catholic, and they would be in 7A regardless (or as Randy would say, irregardless) those 32 schools can now go ahead with what they'd planned.

Sounds like they've seperated the reallignment from the multiplier dispute, which makes sense.

Only problem is that many of the 5A and 4A schools have 6A and 7A schools on the non conference schedule.  No, if the judge rules against the AAA, there is no simple solution.

There is a proposal to scale back to 1.50 after next year.  My prediction is that the voting body will vote that one out just as overwhelmingly, but the AAA will no longer exist, so why will it matter.  The legislators are slobbering over this one.  The poor old AAA staff is very nervous over this one.  Very.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 04:43:27 PM »
Only problem is that many of the 5A and 4A schools have 6A and 7A schools on the non conference schedule.  No, if the judge rules against the AAA, there is no simple solution.

There is a proposal to scale back to 1.50 after next year.  My prediction is that the voting body will vote that one out just as overwhelmingly, but the AAA will no longer exist, so why will it matter.  The legislators are slobbering over this one.  The poor old AAA staff is very nervous over this one.  Very.

Well, I'm depending on the legal analysis of Randy and Rick but if what I THOUGHT I heard him say about 6A/7A being off the table is true, those 4A and 5A schools could still play non-conference games against the larger schools, couldn't they?  Any such games would have already been booked into Weeks 1-3, right?  If the judge enjoins the new set up, only the seven weeks beginning with Week 4 would seem to be affected, i.e. conference games.  THOSE games would have to be changed because those slots are for conference games, and that would be a mess but I don't see how non-conference games between 6A/7A schools and smaller schools in Weeks 1-3 would be affected at all.  But maybe I'm missing something.
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Online Law_Hawg

• They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 07:25:12 PM »
Since it's a pretty solid bet that Randy got all his information out of today's Demo-zette, might as well go straight to the source:

http://www.nwanews.com/adg/Sports/161627/

Scope narrows in AAA lawsuit
BY DOUG CRISE

Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A Little Rock lawyer who is seeking a temporary injunction against the Arkansas Activities AssociationÂ’s new classification system is making a concession in his case against the body that governs high school sports in Arkansas.

Little Rock attorney Gary Holt, who is suing the AAA over its recently adopted 1. 75 enrollment multiplier for non-public schools, said Tuesday he is willing to ask that only schools affected by the multiplier be reclassified when a hearing for the injunction takes place at 9 a. m. Monday in front of Pulaski County Circuit Court Judge Mary McGowan

In an earlier request, Holt asked that the AAA revert back to the classification model used during the 2004-2006 cycle. That would mean the AAA would be forced to abandon the new seven-classification system, set to debut this fall, and move back to its earlier five-class system.

“Theoretically, it asks for all of them to go back,” Holt said. “But we’re open to just changing for the schools affected.”

Holt said the possible compromise was prompted in part after Annette Scogin, athletic director for the Springdale School District, contacted Fayetteville-based attorney Ken Shemin, who is representing Holt.

“I called [Shemin ] just to ask for information,” Scogin said. “That [the compromise ] was something that was talked about. I don’t know if that will occur. A lot of schools will still be affected.”

On July 20, Shemin sent an e-mail to Scogin in which he outlined Holt’s case against the AAA. In the e-mail, Shemin said: “Our clients have no desire to adversely impact the schedules of all of the member schools; instead our goal is to limit any correction of schedules to conferences where the affected private schools are members. Therefore we anticipate the number of affected schools to be approximately 70 rather than over 300 as originally stated.”

SheminÂ’s e-mail also shed light on the origins of the lawsuit.

“Our original goal was to have the 1. 75 multiplier in place for only two years and to be replaced thereafter with the 1. 35 multiplier,” Shemin wrote. “It was our understanding that the AAA was not amenable to this settlement proposal. This lack of agreement is the reason this lawsuit has been filed.”

AAA Executive Director Lance Taylor could not be reached for comment.

Scogin said that even with the compromise, a large number of school athletic programs would be affected. Her feelings were backed up by Little Rock School District Athletic Director Johnny Johnson.

“If you’re not in a conference with one of those schools, you’re not going to be affected,” Johnson said. “With [Little Rock ] McClellan, which is in [my district ], they’re in the same conference with Pulaski Academy. So if Pulaski Academy did get bumped back, then that would affect all of us in that conference.”

Holt said Tuesday that he was contacted by Shemin shortly after his conversations with Scogin, and that both were open to limiting a possible reclassification.

“I really hadn’t thought much about it until it was raised by some of the Springdale people,” Holt said. “[Shemin ] wanted to get my opinion on it, and we were on the same page.”

jrmemphishog

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 07:32:55 PM »
GO ROCKETS!

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 33 queries.