Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: What some other schools are doing with closing practices.....  (Read 1752 times)

Offline TulsaHawg

• Embraces the Idiot
  • Tush Hog
  • "Long live Lanny!"
What some other schools are doing with closing practices.....
« on: August 12, 2006, 09:34:03 AM »
Oklahoma State-  After today's scrimmage, all practices will be closed to the public.  The scrimmage will be held on the grass practice fields, and fans are not allowed to bring any type of camera to that area.

Reporters will be allowed to view the first 30-40 minutes of practices.

Fans won't see the team after today until they open against Missouri State on September 2nd.  There is another scrimmage scheduled for August 19, but it is completely closed, and that means no fans and NO MEDIA.

OU-  All practices are closed.

TU's practices are apparently open to the public, but today's scrimmage is their one and opnly before the season starts.

Snoop Hoggy Hogg

Re: What some other schools are doing with closing practices.....
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 09:01:41 AM »
I can understand the OU comparison, but why are we comparing ourselves with Tulsa and Oklahoma State?  Is that really the bar that we are trying to reach. I hope not. How about looking at what some great programs are doing? We might as well base closing practices on what ASU is doing.

Offline HogJam

• Boar
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 09:09:33 AM »

The majority of our fans probably are happy with their $14,000 per year job, a "good Christian" coaching the hogs, and Hee Haw on Saturday nights.....

Offline bsfellers

• A Shoat
  • I am the eggman
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 09:20:24 AM »
I can understand the OU comparison, but why are we comparing ourselves with Tulsa and Oklahoma State?  Is that really the bar that we are trying to reach. I hope not. How about looking at what some great programs are doing? We might as well base closing practices on what ASU is doing.

ASU went to a bowl game last year.  Maybe we need to take their lead in reference to conference alignment as well as closing practices. 

You can't hide those Chinese eyes

Offline Raoul

• Oilfield Trash
  • King of the Hogs
  • You're a Dick
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 09:54:48 AM »
OU might have done it anyway, but for sure now that they are trying to break in another QB. As for UA closing practices, I'm fine with it as long as the product on the field when the season begins delivers.

I'm the King Turd, Up here on Shit Mountain and if you want it you can have the crown.