Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Did Arkansas Nuclear 1 spring a leak?  (Read 5346 times)

Online Austin Nichols

• Tush Hog
Did Arkansas Nuclear 1 spring a leak?
« on: August 14, 2006, 06:55:13 PM »
Dear sweet Baby Jesus, I don't think I've ever heard more unbridled optimism than I've been hearing this afternoon on Sports Rap regarding our QB situation.  The only explanation I can think of is that some depleted uranium has seeped into the entire state's water supply.  Because surely everyone must recall last year's stellar campaign.

Typical Redneck Caller: "Chuck, I'm just so thannkfell that we got suh many good quarterbacks ready to play this yeahr."

Nothing personal, but if Robert Johnson starts vs. USC, I just hope they let the fans know in advance so that I can sell my tickets to some brainless simp at an inflated price and then use the proceeds to finance a night of binge drinking that will further fuel my hatred for all things Nutt or perhaps kill me. 

Either way, it will be more fun than watching Johnson fire balls into the thorax and ankles of the USC defenders.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 07:19:45 PM by Austin Nichols »

Offline chop sooie

• King of the Hogs
  • Records were made to be broken, but not this one!
Re: Did Arkansas Nuclear 1 spring a leak?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 07:06:05 PM »
The only explanation I can think of is that some depleted uranium has seeped into the entire state's water supply.

Depleted uranium has very low radiation quotient and is relatively harmless unless ingested in very large quantities.

"The only person that said anything you should be offended by is chop sooie and I think most have learned to ignore him by now."

-LashHog, 06/09/2008

Offline chop sooie

• King of the Hogs
  • Records were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 07:13:30 PM »
But it sounds more dangerous than just "uranium."

"The only person that said anything you should be offended by is chop sooie and I think most have learned to ignore him by now."

-LashHog, 06/09/2008

Offline GeoHogsGeo

• Str8 Gansta
  • Boar
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 07:15:54 PM »
Either way, it will be more fun that watching Johnson fire balls into the thorax and ankles of the USC defenders.

Not good to take a gulp of sweat sweet tea and read this at the same time.  :thumbup:

Good catch Boartitz...nuther fine example of my Arkansas education....

« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 07:24:59 PM by GeoHogsGeo »

Offline boartitz

• To LA via Omaha
  • King of the Hogs
  • And now, for something completely different
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 07:22:58 PM »
Not good to take a gulp of sweat tea and read this at the same time.  :thumbup:
Sweat tea?

If you can't get even,get odd

Offline H©gHeaded™

• Wild Hog
  • My pigga'
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 08:02:02 PM »
That would be an enriched uranium U-235.

Shit fire and save matches

Red_Red_Swine

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 08:10:46 PM »

Offline Jostlyn McCocksack

• Wise guy extraordinare. Faded weekly
  • King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 08:31:15 PM »
Dear sweet Baby Jesus, I don't think I've ever heard more unbridled optimism than I've been hearing this afternoon on Sports Rap regarding our QB situation.  The only explanation I can think of is that some depleted uranium has seeped into the entire state's water supply.  Because surely everyone must recall last year's stellar campaign.

Typical Redneck Caller: "Chuck, I'm just so thannkfell that we got suh many good quarterbacks ready to play this yeahr."

Nothing personal, but if Robert Johnson starts vs. USC, I just hope they let the fans know in advance so that I can sell my tickets to some brainless simp at an inflated price and then use the proceeds to finance a night of binge drinking that will further fuel my hatred for all things Nutt or perhaps kill me. 

Either way, it will be more fun than watching Johnson fire balls into the thorax and ankles of the USC defenders.

After much reading, parsing, and listening to others evaluations of the Saturday night Scrimmage. . .I will be able to confirm that USC will again buttfuck Arkansas into oblivion.   I actually almost let myself get caught up in the "returning starters" bullshit, and the USC has TONS of "young" players. etc...

Also, I am sure that it has been gone over again and again, but someone please explain the logic behind "Lets not start our true freshman QB, but play him the third series. . .? ? ?"  Okay, the game is on national television, against the best fucking college football program in the country. . .if you are going to play him, why not start him?"

"Coaches who listen to fans often end up sitting with them."
Bobby Knight

Online Austin Nichols

• Tush Hog
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 08:37:49 PM »
After much reading, parsing, and listening to others evaluations of the Saturday night Scrimmage. . .I will be able to confirm that USC will again boofoo Arkansas into oblivion.   I actually almost let myself get caught up in the "returning starters" bullshit, and the USC has TONS of "young" players. etc...

Also, I am sure that it has been gone over again and again, but someone please explain the logic behind "Lets not start our true freshman QB, but play him the third series. . .? ? ?"  Okay, the game is on national television, against the best fricking college football program in the country. . .if you are going to play him, why not start him?"

Indeed.

If Mustain comes in in the 3rd series, I'm imagining that the score would be 21-0 with 11:49 left in the 1st Quarter.

How is that better than at least starting with a blank slate?

rimrocker

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 08:43:13 PM »
maybe robert johnson will be displaced by Mitch halfway through the season, then transfer to [insert black college here] next year.  Casey Dick=Ryan Sorahan? 

Offline HipHog

• Resident Racist and Pedophile
  • King of the Hogs
  • Coming soon to the semi weekly Detention report
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 09:25:33 PM »

the thorax is underrated in my opinion

"I played seven years in the NBA," Mayberry said. "But nothing can take away the time I had over here playing for Coach Richardson. They were the best years of my life. Arkansas fans are the best."

Online sainthog

• A Shoat
  • 77/88
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 09:36:44 PM »
RoJo better play
Mitch ain't ready for bigball
Dick is red shirt hurt

Offline dante_hog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2006, 09:44:22 PM »
RoJo better play
Mitch ain't ready for bigball
Dick is red shirt hurt

Please give me concrete proof that Mitch isn't ready.  I'm tired of the "he's a true freshman" and shouldn't start stuff.  With that rationale D-Mac and Felix should have never saw the field.  We know how that turned out.  Explain WHY he isn't ready.  Understand that I have no problem with Johnson starting IF HE IS THE BEST QB ON CAMPUS.

edit: how about proof over proff.

Online sainthog

• A Shoat
  • 77/88
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2006, 09:51:32 PM »
I can give you my opinion, that is all. Watching him at practice he is behind Rojo and Casey in decision making. When the pressure is on he doesn't make the correct reads which turns into Int's, bad pass placement etc.  This is understandable with his lack of experience at the level he is now playing.  I do not have a crystal ball to look into the future, but as of now if Rojo goes down and Casey's back doesn't improve we will be infor a tough beginning.

Offline Animal

• Custom Title
  • King of the Hogs
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2006, 09:56:39 PM »
Please give me concrete proof that Mitch isn't ready.  I'm tired of the "he's a true freshman" and shouldn't start stuff.  With that rationale D-Mac and Felix should have never saw the field.  We know how that turned out.  Explain WHY he isn't ready.  Understand that I have no problem with Johnson starting IF HE IS THE BEST QB ON CAMPUS.

edit: how about proof over proff.

The thing about it is...you don't start a true freshman unless you absolutely have to. That's the general rule of thumb all throughout college football. The fans are the experts here, they say start the kid. I believe if the guy gives this team the best chance to win the football game then you have to put him in as the starter. If RoJo is "close" with Mustain I think you put the experience in and play the percenteges. We aren't going to throw on USC anyway, we might hit some play action stuff for big gains but I wouldn't expect us to role 250 yards through the air on them. The QB that plays the most will be the one that can best manage the game, odds are that's still Mustain but again experience does help and as the camp progresses with full backs/full contact we will see who starts to emerge...Nathan Emert get ready. :stache: Our best hope is going to be running the football and keeping our Defense fresh. This is still the first game of the season and no matter who it is you don't throw the entire playbook out on the first game especially a non-conference game so I wouldn't expect to see a great deal of changes beyond the way the plays come in a few tweaks to the formations here and there. If the Hogs cans survice the first half in good shape with USC we have an excellent chance of winning that game and I have a feeling that defense is going to settled down early and play pissed for the majority of the game...I just hope they don't overpursue every fricking play because everyone wants to be the hero.

Offline HogJam

• Boar
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2006, 10:05:41 PM »
For the last fucking time, Robert Johnson is better than Casey Dick.

The majority of our fans probably are happy with their $14,000 per year job, a "good Christian" coaching the hogs, and Hee Haw on Saturday nights.....

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Wild Hog
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2006, 10:21:57 PM »
I can give you my opinion, that is all. Watching him at practice he is behind Rojo and Casey in decision making. When the pressure is on he doesn't make the correct reads which turns into Int's, bad pass placement etc.  This is understandable with his lack of experience at the level he is now playing.  I do not have a crystal ball to look into the future, but as of now if Rojo goes down and Casey's back doesn't improve we will be infor a tough beginning.

Talk about wasting a scholarship.  Mustain is behind Casey in decision making?  When has Casey had to make a decision with full pads this preseason?  If what you say is true, we have all been duped.  He is not behind either in talent, and I'll take talent over decision making over two quarterbacks who proved absolutely nothing last year.  Yeah, we beat to high school teams out of Mississippi, and we "almost beat LSU," with Casey at qb.  He was no more impressive, talent wise, than Johnson was.  Johnson has proven how he makes decisions in games, "need 11 yards, hit the 1 yard quick out."

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion.  My opinion, obviously differs from yours.

Offline BigRedBalls

• Tush Hog
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2006, 10:22:28 PM »
The thing about it is...you don't start a true freshman unless you absolutely have to. That's the general rule of thumb all throughout college football. The fans are the experts here, they say start the kid. I believe if the guy gives this team the best chance to win the football game then you have to put him in as the starter. If RoJo is "close" with Mustain I think you put the experience in and play the percenteges. We aren't going to throw on USC anyway, we might hit some play action stuff for big gains but I wouldn't expect us to role 250 yards through the air on them. The QB that plays the most will be the one that can best manage the game, odds are that's still Mustain but again experience does help and as the camp progresses with full backs/full contact we will see who starts to emerge...Nathan Emert get ready. :stache: Our best hope is going to be running the football and keeping our Defense fresh. This is still the first game of the season and no matter who it is you don't throw the entire playbook out on the first game especially a non-conference game so I wouldn't expect to see a great deal of changes beyond the way the plays come in a few tweaks to the formations here and there. If the Hogs cans survice the first half in good shape with USC we have an excellent chance of winning that game and I have a feeling that defense is going to settled down early and play pissed for the majority of the game...I just hope they don't overpursue every fricking play because everyone wants to be the hero.

All of this to say that we are looking at another 70-17 asswhipping if you're right.

Offline HogJam

• Boar
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2006, 10:25:20 PM »
I'll take talent over decision making

That's what we had with Matt Jones.

The majority of our fans probably are happy with their $14,000 per year job, a "good Christian" coaching the hogs, and Hee Haw on Saturday nights.....

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Wild Hog
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2006, 10:29:41 PM »
That's what we had with Matt Jones.

Matt had very little quarterback talent.  He had tons of athleticism.  Mustain and Jones are two different animals.  I'll take quarterback talent (Mustain) over two guys who play quarterback, but happen to be a couple of years older, but have yet to prove they are D-1 talented.

Is that any better?

Offline HogJam

• Boar
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2006, 10:36:10 PM »
Matt had very little quarterback talent.  He had tons of athleticism.  Mustain and Jones are two different animals.  I'll take quarterback talent (Mustain) over two guys who play quarterback, but happen to be a couple of years older, but have yet to prove they are D-1 talented.

Is that any better?

I think both Johnson and Dick displayed last season, at times, Division I talent. I really don't care which of the three starts. However, with the supposed talent surrounding whichever one is eventually the starter, I think that good decision making is essential.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Wild Hog
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2006, 10:39:13 PM »
I think both Johnson and Dick displayed last season, at times, Division I talent. I really don't care which of the three starts. However, with the supposed talent surrounding whichever one is eventually the starter, I think that good decision making is essential.

Then trust me on this, Mitch will make very good decisions. I have said all along, Johnson will start, Mustain will come in and make it respectable, and finish the season as the # 1 qb.  I have no doubt that he is not quite ready, but with things as they are, he will just have to be.  He'll make plenty of mistakes, but halfway through the season, we will be very happy.

Offline Jostlyn McCocksack

• Wise guy extraordinare. Faded weekly
  • King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2006, 10:41:42 PM »
Then trust me on this, Mitch will make very good decisions. I have said all along, Johnson will start, Mustain will come in and make it respectable, and finish the season as the # 1 qb.  I have no doubt that he is not quite ready, but with things as they are, he will just have to be.  He'll make plenty of mistakes, but halfway through the season, we will be very happy.

I hope you are right.  I just worry about a kid who was RARELY pressured in high school.  With all of his surrounding talent, and coaching, it was like a 7 on 7 game.  I worry about his ability to throw under duress.  If and when he shows me the ability to make a play with a LB in his face, I will be on the bandwagon.

"Coaches who listen to fans often end up sitting with them."
Bobby Knight

Offline HogJam

• Boar
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2006, 10:42:50 PM »

I hope that one, or two, or three of them can get us to nine wins this year. Because with this schedule, that's the only thing that would make me somewhat pleased.

Offline The Cowboy Tiger

• I AM THE FIRE
  • King of the Hogs
  • BURN IT DOWN
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2006, 10:47:14 PM »
Our passing attack has been atrocious under Nutt so Nutt was booted from "calling plays" and Gus was brought in.  The same swap should be made with the respective qbs that each coach brought to the team.  Rojo and Dick didn't get it done last year.

Rojo looks decent in practice then freaks out in games.  That propensity was first on display his Freshman year against UGA.  He went bat shit crazy under the pressure, but I chalked it up to youthful inexperience.  Last year he didn't look much better.  Granted, he didn't always have a lot to work with.

Dick's numbers aren't much to write home about either and he hasn't been practicing.

Of course, I'm just discussing what is already understood so I'm just wasting everybody's time.  As soon as Dick was put in against S. Carolina last year we all saw a quarterback controversy brewing.  It's like Nutt does that shit on purpose.  I'm just glad that we have smart coaches like Gus and Wood to figure this mess out.   ;D

I'm just a dark guy from a den of iniquity.

Don't go away mad.  Just go away.