Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: HDN credits Alex with Rojo's improvement  (Read 1706 times)

Offline TulsaHawg

• Embraces the Idiot
  • Tush Hog
  • "Long live Lanny!"
HDN credits Alex with Rojo's improvement
« on: August 17, 2006, 08:19:08 AM »
“It gave each one of us a fresh start, come in and learn a new offense,” Johnson said. “We all started off about the same.” What separates Johnson from Mustain right now are his experience and the improvement he’s shown since last year, Nutt said. Specifically, Johnson has been making quicker, smarter decisions and has been more authoritative leading the offense. Nutt credited Johnson’s relationship with Wood for the improved decision making.

“His decision making is much better now than it was a year ago,” Nutt said. “And, again, it’s just hard to replace experience. He’s been out there and he’s a little bit more familiar with things. We’ve got two quarterbacks right now and we need both of them. We expected to have three but we’ve got two, so both of them are very, very important.”

http://www.wholehogsports.com/adg/163767/

Offline jdcatty

• Boar
Re: HDN credits Alex with Rojo's improvement
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 09:08:00 AM »
Learn a new offense?  Where did that come from?  We have been assured it is more of the same.

Damn Bobby Petrino!!!  What the Hell was he thinking?

Offline socalhogcaller

• Wild Hog
  • "That dunk was for you" - Matt Jones
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 09:51:38 AM »
Learn a new offense?  Where did that come from?  We have been assured it is more of the same.

I have wondered about Nutt's "more of the same" talk.  It always sounded defensive to me.  I know a part of him must be scared of what fans will think if Gus gets the offense clicking in his first season out of HS.

Losers whine about doing their best.  Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

Offline SuperHog32

• Tush Hog
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 10:01:15 AM »

new offense= running to both sides AND up the middle.

Offline jdcatty

• Boar
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 10:02:04 AM »

I have wondered about Nutt's "more of the same" talk.  It always sounded defensive to me.  I know a part of him must be scared of what fans will think if Gus gets the offense clicking in his first season out of HS.

If you are just now wondering about that, you are late to the party.  I don't think there is any question that he and Markuson want very badly to believe this is just more of the same.

Damn Bobby Petrino!!!  What the Hell was he thinking?

Jean-Luc PIGard

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 10:39:59 AM »
new offense= running to both sides AND up the middle.

Yeah, and for music...we like both kinds....country AND western.    :stache: