Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 40/29 going away?  (Read 7533 times)

Offline Beatrix Kiddo

• Don't wish it were easier. Wish you were better.
  • Tush Hog
  • No Excuses
40/29 going away?
« on: September 06, 2007, 10:02:55 AM »
http://www.4029tv.com/news/14042064/detail.html

Can someone please explain to me how this will work?  I gather that we'll still get ABC programming but what happens to KHOG programming?  Do those people lose their jobs?  KHOG is usually the channel that shows the basketball games too.  Wonder if another station will pick them up?  The article says that we'll still see ABC shows on channel 12 so what happens to channel 7?

???

"Cardio respiratory endurance, stamina, strength, power, speed, flexibility, agility, accuracy, balance, and coordination:  You're as good as your weakest link."

Offline battlehog_athaletica

• A Shoat
Re: 40/29 going away?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 02:31:31 PM »
40/29 carries LF football too.  Channel 12 is from Oklahoma isn't it?  If it means I'll miss the 11:30 am hog games that'll suck.

Offline chop sooie

• King of the Hogs
  • Records were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 12:12:38 PM »
Time for you all to move to Dish.

"The only person that said anything you should be offended by is chop sooie and I think most have learned to ignore him by now."

-LashHog, 06/09/2008

Offline Beatrix Kiddo

• Don't wish it were easier. Wish you were better.
  • Tush Hog
  • No Excuses
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 01:59:57 PM »
Time for you all to move to Dish.

You might be right.  This may be the dumbest question ever but I assume you still get the local channels with Dish? 

"Cardio respiratory endurance, stamina, strength, power, speed, flexibility, agility, accuracy, balance, and coordination:  You're as good as your weakest link."

Offline Satriale

• [expletive deleted]
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 02:07:46 PM »
You might be right.  This may be the dumbest question ever but I assume you still get the local channels with Dish? 

That's not even the dumbest question this morning.

You can get them for an additional fee ($6, I think), but currently not in HD.  You need to go ahead and get an HD/digital antenna.  If you live in or near F'ville it will pick up fine, pay for itself (at six bucks a month) in short order, and you'll need it when they quit broadcasting in analog.

Definitely back in the day.  If Ron Huery bangs your girlfriend recently, that is not cool. 

Offline chop sooie

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 05:26:35 PM »
That's not even the dumbest question this morning.

You can get them for an additional fee ($6, I think), but currently not in HD.  You need to go ahead and get an HD/digital antenna.  If you live in or near F'ville it will pick up fine, pay for itself (at six bucks a month) in short order, and you'll need it when they quit broadcasting in analog.

Depending on where you live the HD antenna may or may not pick up certain broadcasts- you can go to antennaweb.org and see all the channels (and speicifcally all the digital channels) you can get with an off air HDTV antenna at your address.
When I was living in south Fayetteville I could only get PBS, Channel 5 (CBS) and 40/29 (ABC) digital signals with my HDTV off air antenna to watch those stations in HD. CBS was spotty but a little adjusting did the trick. I now live in Rogers and can get pretty much everything except FOX in HD.
Digital broadcast signals are not like analog- they depend on a clear straight "line of sight" signal approach from the broadcast tower which means mountainous terrain, buildings, airports, anything that may block that line can cause signal interruption, and if it's interrupted you won't get the signal period. (There is no static or ghost imaging involved with digital broadcast- you either get the signal or you don't.) I was pretty surprised I got the CBS signal from Fort Smith, but like I said it was spotty until I moved the antenna around some.
Oh and yes the locals cost about $6 more a month through Dish.

"The only person that said anything you should be offended by is chop sooie and I think most have learned to ignore him by now."

-LashHog, 06/09/2008

Offline VerotiK

• Inventor of Kitten Mittens
  • Boar
  • All over your face
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 09:04:34 PM »
Also, if you decide to get an antenna to recieve HD broadcasts, dont buy in to the "HDTV" antenna hype.  An antenna is an antenna.  It doesn't have to be special to recieve HD signals.  I recieve HD channels from 70 miles away in Springfield, Missouri on a 25 year old antenna.

If your woman is hideous, well, maybe don't come talk to me.  --Cerdo 2011

Offline Ahole

• Tush Hog
  • DERP!!
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 01:06:12 PM »
http://www.4029tv.com/news/14220784/detail.html?treets=fts&tid=2651926749813&tml=fts_12pm&tmi=fts_12pm_1_12000609282007&ts=H

Hearst-Argyle Television, Inc. (NYSE: HTV), parent of KHBS-KHOG, today announced an agreement providing retransmission consent for carriage over Cox Communications cable systems of the digital and analog signals of Hearst-Argyle’s television stations KHBS-TV/KHOG-TV, Fort Smith/Fayetteville, Arkansas, an ABC affiliate, plus WESH-TV and WKCF-TV, Orlando; KMBC-TV, Kansas City, Missouri; KOCO-TV, Oklahoma City; WDSU-TV, New Orleans; and KETV, Omaha.

The agreement includes carriage of the high-definition digital (HDTV) signals and carriage of digital multicast programming as well as continued carriage of the stations’ analog signals.

WESH and WDSU are NBC affiliates; WKCF is a CW affiliate; the others are ABC affiliates.

“We’re pleased to have our digital signal back on the Cox system and to be able to provide our award-winning local programs and network programming to our valued viewers who are Cox subscribers,” said KHBS-KHOG President/General Manager Jim Prestwood.

Offline chop sooie

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 05:29:14 PM »
http://www.4029tv.com/news/14220784/detail.html?treets=fts&tid=2651926749813&tml=fts_12pm&tmi=fts_12pm_1_12000609282007&ts=H

Hearst-Argyle Television, Inc. (NYSE: HTV), parent of KHBS-KHOG, today announced an agreement providing retransmission consent for carriage over Cox Communications cable systems of the digital and analog signals of Hearst-Argyle’s television stations KHBS-TV/KHOG-TV, Fort Smith/Fayetteville, Arkansas, an ABC affiliate, plus WESH-TV and WKCF-TV, Orlando; KMBC-TV, Kansas City, Missouri; KOCO-TV, Oklahoma City; WDSU-TV, New Orleans; and KETV, Omaha.

The agreement includes carriage of the high-definition digital (HDTV) signals and carriage of digital multicast programming as well as continued carriage of the stations’ analog signals.

WESH and WDSU are NBC affiliates; WKCF is a CW affiliate; the others are ABC affiliates.

“We’re pleased to have our digital signal back on the Cox system and to be able to provide our award-winning local programs and network programming to our valued viewers who are Cox subscribers,” said KHBS-KHOG President/General Manager Jim Prestwood.

BWAHHHAAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

There's nothing like seeing Cox Communications cave!

-LashHog, 06/09/2008

Offline Ahole

• Tush Hog
  • DERP!!
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2007, 03:03:39 PM »
I really hate those bastards.  I just found out that we are finally getting ATT DSL here in mid Oct and I am gonna do the Home Phone, Cell Phone and DSL through them for like 70 a month.  My bills separate right now are well over 200.00.  The only thing I will have with Cocks will only be my digital cable tv. 

I believe you can bundle DishNetwork with the AT&T stuff as well.

Offline gmr0723

• Wild Hog
  • Leave GMFP Alone.
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2007, 03:27:45 PM »
Also don't forget that soon AT&T will be launching Uverse (IPTV) in NWA as well.  Speeds of 25 mb a second over fiber optic cable.  I've seen really positive reviews and can't wait to dump cox.

"Fight 'em till hell freezes over; then fight 'em on ice!" -- Dutch Meyer

Offline chop sooie

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2007, 08:49:01 PM »
I believe you can bundle DishNetwork with the AT&T stuff as well.

Also don't forget that soon AT&T will be launching Uverse (IPTV) in NWA as well.  Speeds of 25 mb a second over fiber optic cable.  I've seen really positive reviews and can't wait to dump cox.

Jesus. If this is true, why the hell am I using Cox internet?  I already have Dish and AT&T (Cingular) cellular service. Only problem is, I am not on contract with either my current Dish service or AT&T. If I bundled this and signed up for DSL will they do it without my having to sign on the dotted line?

-LashHog, 06/09/2008