Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Bread/Milk Alert. Storm of the century tonight!  (Read 2126459 times)

Offline A Boy Named Sue E

• Tush Hog
  • Just caught my second wind.
Re: Bread/Milk Alert. Storm of the century tonight!
« Reply #16000 on: May 07, 2022, 06:48:58 PM »
I got flooded.  I've never seen that much water coming down in my life.... and I've lived in the tropics.  In the house, the whole bit.  I've actually been flooded before with these "100 year floods" so I'm used to the deal now.  What makes me really sad long term though is that I had so many beautiful small flowers and veggies and seeds in planters in the ground and had landscaped with mulch and now it's all destroyed.  Mother Nature can suck my dick.  I really hate her destructiveness when I'm trying to create beauty and she destroys. 

Fucking bitch.

That’s a major bummer. Sorry man.

Offline The Reverend Snoophogg

• A wacked out, east Arkansan turned well-to-do Ferndale-ite
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • ADMINISTRATOR
« Reply #16001 on: May 07, 2022, 09:05:44 PM »
No kidding. I have one client that got 36 acres planted so far, and he swears that he knows several more that haven’t planted any. Insurance adjusters are getting busy.

36 acres?

I’m guessing we have lost nearly 100 times that this year, so far.

Not insureable..

Proffered pronouns:

Your majesty.
His excellency.
Sir
Mr. Man.

Online Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • K.Briles darksider #2.
« Reply #16002 on: May 07, 2022, 09:22:44 PM »
36 acres?

I’m guessing we have lost nearly 100 times that this year, so far.

Not insureable..

By the time it dries up they’re predicting rain again. He’s already given up on the corn fields and is hoping to get the rice in still.

That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit.

• Emperor of Woopig
  • ADMINISTRATOR
« Reply #16003 on: May 07, 2022, 09:27:37 PM »
By the time it dries up they’re predicting rain again. He’s already given up on the corn fields and is hoping to get the rice in still.

It’s sad.

The rain I can live with, it’s the river levels constantly above what they should be that’s insane.

The COE is fucking farmers to death.

Proffered pronouns:

Your majesty.
His excellency.
Sir
Mr. Man.

Online Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • K.Briles darksider #2.
« Reply #16004 on: May 07, 2022, 09:46:32 PM »
Least there’s no need to try to sell you grain bins this year.

That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit.

Offline Cerdo

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #16005 on: May 14, 2022, 10:08:39 PM »
What a completely hateful Spring we are having in NWA. It hailed nonstop for 30-45 minutes just now. I’ve never seen that. 

Hello Darkness My Old Friend

Online hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #16006 on: May 15, 2022, 12:34:01 AM »
Cerdo transgressed against God and is being punished.  Let me know when the frogs and locust start.

Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.

Online chittlins

• Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
  • King of the Hogs
  • It's a two sniff league
« Reply #16007 on: May 15, 2022, 07:34:07 AM »
Cerdo transgressed against God and is being punished.  Let me know when the frogs and locust start.

God hates west Fayetteville, aways has.

“I would rather be governed by the first two thousand people in the Boston telephone directory than by the two thousand people on the faculty of Harvard University.”
— William Buckley on “Meet the Press”, 17 October 1965.

Offline Cerdo

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #16008 on: May 15, 2022, 08:47:46 AM »
I'm guessing God does hate West Fayetteville. 

I think the whole world hates West Fayetteville.  We are just trash.   At least we have a really nice Westwood Gardens though. 
The last 5 years really have me thinking about climate shifts.  The seasons don't end on time anymore.  It's super snowy now in NWA every winter.  The Springs are violent.   We haven't had more than one 100-degree day in any summer for what seems like a decade.  I mean, for God's sake, we had a tornado this year. 

I don't know.  It's weird. 

Online CardHog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #16009 on: May 15, 2022, 09:57:12 AM »

I think the whole world hates West Fayetteville.  We are just trash.   At least we have a really nice Westwood Gardens though. 
The last 5 years really have me thinking about climate shifts.  The seasons don't end on time anymore.  It's super snowy now in NWA every winter.  The Springs are violent.   We haven't had more than one 100-degree day in any summer for what seems like a decade.  I mean, for God's sake, we had a tornado this year. 

You're wrong on the snow totals.  I'll look into the 100 degree days data, not sure how to measure the others you mentioned.

In the past decade we've seen 6 of the 20 lowest snow totals since 1950.    The highest snow total year we've seen in the past decade was 2017 which was ranked 23rd, none in the top 20.

• Emperor of Woopig
  • ADMINISTRATOR
« Reply #16010 on: May 15, 2022, 10:14:51 AM »

It’s odd that people see the climate changing and think it’s our fault.  Not saying you do, but it happens.

Our climate has been changing since the beginning.  The ocean levels have been rising for some 10,000 years.  Parts of northern Canada used to be tropical.  Parts of Wyoming were under sea water.

Next thing the climate nazis will jump on is continental drift.   It’s our fault, somehow.

I read an article this week that said the cleaner air has given rise to larger and more frequent Atlantic hurricanes.  Apparently the pollution of earlier times kept the oceans from heating up so much, and kept them less frequent and less deadly.

Proffered pronouns:

Your majesty.
His excellency.
Sir
Mr. Man.

Offline papermill

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #16011 on: May 15, 2022, 12:45:13 PM »
It’s odd that people see the climate changing and think it’s our fault.  Not saying you do, but it happens.

Our climate has been changing since the beginning.  The ocean levels have been rising for some 10,000 years.  Parts of northern Canada used to be tropical.  Parts of Wyoming were under sea water.

Next thing the climate nazis will jump on is continental drift.   It’s our fault, somehow.

I read an article this week that said the cleaner air has given rise to larger and more frequent Atlantic hurricanes.  Apparently the pollution of earlier times kept the oceans from heating up so much, and kept them less frequent and less deadly.

Doesn't the Arctic have a lot of oil?  Where did it come from I wonder?  The plants up there now aren't what becomes oil, sounds like it may have been hotter.

Diverted into small rabbit hole:
I got curious and looked.  There is a theory that the earth produces it as opposed to what comes from dead plants and we haven't even tapped that part yet.

I don't know if I am buying it but here is the source:
https://www.livescience.com/9404-mysterious-origin-supply-oil.html

"The idea that petroleum is formed from dead organic matter is known as the "biogenic theory" of petroleum formation and was first proposed by a Russian scientist almost 250 years ago.

In the 1950's, however, a few Russian scientists began questioning this traditional view and proposed instead that petroleum could form naturally deep inside the Earth.

This so-called "abiogenic" petroleum might seep upward through cracks formed by asteroid impacts to form underground pools, according to one hypothesis. Some geologists have suggested probing ancient impact craters in the search for oil."

Offline Snortingred1

• Tush Hog
  • Slightly above average common sense...slightly.
« Reply #16012 on: May 16, 2022, 07:23:44 AM »

The direct cause, no.  Helping to accelerate things, yes.

"What was it that Noam Chomsky said about BJ's?" -Zack Galifianakis

Offline Cerdo

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #16013 on: May 16, 2022, 09:30:03 AM »
You have to be incredibly naive to think that mass deforestation, tail pipe outputs and strip mining hasn't had effects on our planet's climate.  I mean.... I don't even know if I can take you seriously if you believe this stuff (along with water rerouting and Lord knows what else) doesn't have an effect. 

I remove the politics of virtue signaling and straight up profit driven Machiavellian agendas from this discussion because, as an adult, I understand that humanity is part of the planet.  We are a problem and a solution to our own created problems sometimes and we have to balance all of that.  To think that the only species on this planet that has introduced foreign chemistry to the Earth and mass deforestation - and to go on believing that HASN'T had some bad effects - that's just nothing more than wanting an answer to be so and wishing for it to be so and making up any talking point you can make up to get to that. 

Humans want to survive and humans will try to solve the messes they make... while still trying to eek out food and shelter for itself on this planet. 

The weather is what it fucking is.   

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Formerly known as Boar Bidet or Board Witch
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #16014 on: May 16, 2022, 09:40:12 AM »
It’s been record breaking heat here for the last week and have had 80 and 90 degree heat. Thursday we will reach nearly 90 then we have a front and have freeze warnings issued for Friday. Gonna be 45 for a high Friday then by back to 80s two days later. Hell if a spring indeed

Once in Yamsylvania, we had the potato famine. Which did not upset us because, hey, we eat only yams! Then we realized it is better to starve on potatoes than eat yams. We became so poor we had to raise monkeys for their fur. OK, we raised them for their pleasant smell and many tasty parasites. The kids today, tell them about parasite stew, and they look at you like you're some kind of nutty man, crazed from yam poisoning.

Online flash23

• Tush Hog
« Reply #16015 on: May 16, 2022, 10:07:06 AM »
Been warm up here in the Great Lakes too. We've had mid summer heat this last week, which is only mid to upper 80s with low dew points, but still. It snowed on mother's day here last year.

Online TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #16016 on: May 16, 2022, 02:48:51 PM »
Doesn't the Arctic have a lot of oil?  Where did it come from I wonder?  The plants up there now aren't what becomes oil, sounds like it may have been hotter.

Diverted into small rabbit hole:
I got curious and looked.  There is a theory that the earth produces it as opposed to what comes from dead plants and we haven't even tapped that part yet.

I don't know if I am buying it but here is the source:
https://www.livescience.com/9404-mysterious-origin-supply-oil.html

"The idea that petroleum is formed from dead organic matter is known as the "biogenic theory" of petroleum formation and was first proposed by a Russian scientist almost 250 years ago.

In the 1950's, however, a few Russian scientists began questioning this traditional view and proposed instead that petroleum could form naturally deep inside the Earth.

This so-called "abiogenic" petroleum might seep upward through cracks formed by asteroid impacts to form underground pools, according to one hypothesis. Some geologists have suggested probing ancient impact craters in the search for oil."
The abiogenic theory makes a lot of sense.  I’ve read much on it and it postulates the amount of biomass required to produce a gallon of oil across millions of years and the dead dinosaur story makes little sense mathematically.  It’s why old wells pumped dry often refill over a few decades.

• Emperor of Woopig
  • ADMINISTRATOR
« Reply #16017 on: May 16, 2022, 09:36:39 PM »
The direct cause, no.  Helping to accelerate things, yes.

New studies show it’s likely our pollution (air pollution) that has kept the planet from getting even warmer.

I’m not saying pollution is a good thing, but facts are hard to argue with.

You will likely never meet a person who hates pollution more than me, but I’m not a “climate change is my religion “guy…you can be one and not the other.

When I float the Buffalo I always get yelled at for slowing the group up because I’m collecting trash.
When we went scuba diving in Curaçao I filled my dive bag with trash instead of shells like everyone else.

I also understand that we as a species need carbon based energies to advance beyond using carbon based energies.

Proffered pronouns:

Your majesty.
His excellency.
Sir
Mr. Man.

• Emperor of Woopig
  • ADMINISTRATOR
« Reply #16018 on: May 16, 2022, 09:39:18 PM »
The abiogenic theory makes a lot of sense.  I’ve read much on it and it postulates the amount of biomass required to produce a gallon of oil across millions of years and the dead dinosaur story makes little sense mathematically.  It’s why old wells pumped dry often refill over a few decades.

We have one on a place in Nebraska.  It’s small and 30 years ago, it “went dry”.  A few years ago they turned it back on and guess what?  Had some more oil in it.  They periodically turn it off and back on and it keeps on producing.

Proffered pronouns:

Your majesty.
His excellency.
Sir
Mr. Man.

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Formerly known as Boar Bidet or Board Witch
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #16019 on: May 19, 2022, 09:55:41 AM »
90 degrees today here…tomorrow 40mph winds, snow and low of 29.
Fuck

Once in Yamsylvania, we had the potato famine. Which did not upset us because, hey, we eat only yams! Then we realized it is better to starve on potatoes than eat yams. We became so poor we had to raise monkeys for their fur. OK, we raised them for their pleasant smell and many tasty parasites. The kids today, tell them about parasite stew, and they look at you like you're some kind of nutty man, crazed from yam poisoning.

Online hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #16020 on: May 19, 2022, 07:19:46 PM »
I like it hot and wet. Perfect climate for human prosperity.  High CO2 as well.

I think many people need to disconnect the idea that better for human prosperity means better for humans that are prospering TODAY.  Oh, for sure some humans that are prospering Today wont be doing as well with a warmer and wetter climate with more global biomass.  Some Regions that are sucking hind tit now will actually improve and others will suffer or not be as good. 

With water, there is almost no place on the planet that humans can’t survive and with enough water, thrive and grow plenty of food.  Cold?  That is the end or humanity. 

These are facts.  There will be a power and influence shift and that is why they are fighting it, along with ignorance.  Those in power want to remain in power.

Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.

Online chittlins

• Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
  • King of the Hogs
  • It's a two sniff league
« Reply #16021 on: May 23, 2022, 05:53:58 AM »
It’s sad.

The rain I can live with, it’s the river levels constantly above what they should be that’s insane.

The COE is fucking farmers to death.

The never ending tiling of fields in the north has forever fucked the Mississippi Drainage Ditch

Are any farmers you know going to go to cotton late in the game as a corn replacement

“I would rather be governed by the first two thousand people in the Boston telephone directory than by the two thousand people on the faculty of Harvard University.”
— William Buckley on “Meet the Press”, 17 October 1965.

• Emperor of Woopig
  • ADMINISTRATOR
« Reply #16022 on: May 23, 2022, 02:44:01 PM »
The never ending tiling of fields in the north has forever fucked the Mississippi Drainage Ditch

Are any farmers you know going to go to cotton late in the game as a corn replacement

I don’t have any numbers yet, but we always plant some cotton.  I don’t think we’ll have 3,000 acres of corn this year, and it was planted pretty early

Proffered pronouns:

Your majesty.
His excellency.
Sir
Mr. Man.

Online Sus-Scrofa

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #16023 on: July 16, 2022, 08:32:58 PM »
So is most of Arkansas just not getting rain again until fall?

Online BASS

• the philosophical woopigga
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #16024 on: July 16, 2022, 08:42:20 PM »
Bermuda high says yes. Much more potent than most years. Kinda like '93.  But without the Mississippi river flooding.

fuck your feelings