Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Bread/Milk Alert. Storm of the century tonight!  (Read 1725882 times)

Offline RedRiverHog

• Tush Hog
  • Fuck Texas
Re: Bread/Milk Alert. Storm of the century tonight!
« Reply #3850 on: May 24, 2011, 11:36:26 PM »
Yeah....I'm not sure what this particular technology is supposed to tell us. Here's a big red circle...this means "X"...you'll just have to take my word for it.

It's their version of velocity reflections similar to the one below. Red indicates wind moving away from the radar site and green is wind moving towards the site. Where they are wound tight together is indicative of rotation.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 11:39:37 PM by RedRiverHog »

Offline Scotty Doesn't Know

• Guns. Boom. America.
  • Boar
  • Not a doctor.
« Reply #3851 on: May 24, 2011, 11:42:38 PM »
Sirens in Eureka Springs.... yeehaw.

That's what I do. I drink and I know things.

Offline Loma

• Backwoodigan Razorback
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hey Pig Sooie~

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • King of the Hogs
  • Strict No Tolerance Palsy
« Reply #3853 on: May 24, 2011, 11:50:53 PM »

Offline chop sooie

• King of the Hogs
  • Records were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #3854 on: May 25, 2011, 12:10:51 AM »
Several years ago I posted on here that Northwest Arkansas (and more specifically, Fayetteville) has never been nor will ever be hit by a tornado. I got grilled for it on here (even had some moron tell me to dig up an article proving it--wouldn't it be more practical to find an article that shows where one DID hit?)

Tonight was shaping up to be the best chance of this happening in years. And what came through pales in comparison to some summer afternoon downpours I've seen here.

I rest my case.

"The only person that said anything you should be offended by is chop sooie and I think most have learned to ignore him by now."

-LashHog, 06/09/2008

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Kentucky Sucks!
« Reply #3855 on: May 25, 2011, 12:13:36 AM »
the storms are roaring through oklahoma until they get near the ark/ok state line where they are slowing down which is probably helped nwa tonight.

Fort Smith is getting rocked again.

NWS says a possible mile wide tornado on the ground moving toward Altus, Denning, and Coal Hill. Clarksville is also under the gun for this one.

Denning has taken a direct hit per NWS

Haters gonna hate

Offline chittlins

• Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
  • King of the Hogs
  • It's a two sniff league
« Reply #3856 on: May 25, 2011, 12:14:08 AM »
Scoff sez Joplin-esque like nader bearing down on Clarkville and fucking up Franklin Co.

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Kentucky Sucks!
« Reply #3857 on: May 25, 2011, 12:18:46 AM »
Several years ago I posted on here that Northwest Arkansas (and more specifically, Fayetteville) has never been nor will ever be hit by a tornado. I got grilled for it on here (even had some moron tell me to dig up an article proving it--wouldn't it be more practical to find an article that shows where one DID hit?)

Tonight was shaping up to be the best chance of this happening in years. And what came through pales in comparison to some summer afternoon downpours I've seen here.

I rest my case.

wrong. springdale got hit in 78 I believe during the grape festival. leveled the piggy wiggly on huntsville. granted it's been a while but it's happened.

Haters gonna hate

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #3858 on: May 25, 2011, 12:19:07 AM »

I rest my case.

You certainly showed them.

Offline TC

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #3859 on: May 25, 2011, 12:22:44 AM »
TWC channel reporting homes destroyed in Denning & Meg, AR. 

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #3860 on: May 25, 2011, 12:24:36 AM »
TWC channel reporting homes destroyed in Denning & Meg, AR. 

Tulsa NWS quoted as saying "Denning has been destroyed."

Offline HipHog

• Resident Racist and Pedophile
  • King of the Hogs
  • Coming soon to the semi weekly Detention report
« Reply #3861 on: May 25, 2011, 12:25:24 AM »

I rest my case.
according to this site you are wrong

http://www.homefacts.com/tornadoes/Arkansas/Washington-County/Springdale.html

"I played seven years in the NBA," Mayberry said. "But nothing can take away the time I had over here playing for Coach Richardson. They were the best years of my life. Arkansas fans are the best."

Offline chop sooie

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #3862 on: May 25, 2011, 12:25:37 AM »
wrong. springdale got hit in 78 I believe during the grape festival. leveled the piggy wiggly on huntsville. granted it's been a while but it's happened.

Wrong.

Find an article about it. Any article. Shouldn't be too tough.

"The only person that said anything you should be offended by is chop sooie and I think most have learned to ignore him by now."

-LashHog, 06/09/2008

Offline chop sooie

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #3863 on: May 25, 2011, 12:27:50 AM »

BWahahhaa, what a load of horseshit. Not one single newspaper article or media report from ANY of those dates shows anything like that. They are counting doewndrafts and straightline winds as tornadoes.

You know better than to trust a website with no official status.

-LashHog, 06/09/2008

Offline GolfingHog

• Boar
  • Calmer than you are.
« Reply #3864 on: May 25, 2011, 12:29:05 AM »
Wrong.

I doubt the people living here in Springdale at that time need an article dipshit, go fuck yourself.

Offline McCarroll21

• A Shoat
« Reply #3865 on: May 25, 2011, 12:29:33 AM »

YouR wrong. Those are just made up numbers. Show me an article!

Offline TC

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #3866 on: May 25, 2011, 12:29:42 AM »
Wrong.

Warning - while you were reading a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Offline chop sooie

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #3867 on: May 25, 2011, 12:33:48 AM »
I doubt the people living here in Springdale at that time need an article dipshit, go frick yourself.

But YOU do. To prove me wrong.

-LashHog, 06/09/2008

Offline HipHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #3868 on: May 25, 2011, 12:34:40 AM »
BWahahhaa, what a load of horseshit. Not one single newspaper article or media report from ANY of those dates shows anything like that. They are counting doewndrafts and straightline winds as tornadoes.

You know better than to trust a website with no official status.
this is to easy

http://www.newson6.com/story/13764662/authorities-three-dead-after-tornado-hits-northwest-arkansas-town?redirected=true

"I played seven years in the NBA," Mayberry said. "But nothing can take away the time I had over here playing for Coach Richardson. They were the best years of my life. Arkansas fans are the best."

Offline TC

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #3869 on: May 25, 2011, 12:35:47 AM »

1/2 mile wide Tornado spotted just east of Ozark.

Offline chop sooie

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #3870 on: May 25, 2011, 12:40:13 AM »
this is to easy

http://www.newson6.com/story/13764662/authorities-three-dead-after-tornado-hits-northwest-arkansas-town?redirected=true

THAT'S the example you're going to use? First of all, that's not the true northwest arkansas corridor I was referring to. It might as well be part of oklahoma, since you know, it really is. Second, that's basically like saying a field was destroyed.  Show me where one ever hit any populated town in the 540/71 corridor.

-LashHog, 06/09/2008

Offline ElvisHog

• Where have you gone Walter Cronkite, and why have you been replaced by the likes of woopig.net?
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #3871 on: May 25, 2011, 12:40:20 AM »

I rest my case.

http://www.homefacts.com/tornadoes/Arkansas/Washington-County/Fayetteville.html

According to our records, the largest Tornado in the Fayetteville Area was an F5 in 1976 that caused 64 injuries and 2 deaths. Fayetteville, Arkansas has potential risk of tornadoes.

Offline chop sooie

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #3872 on: May 25, 2011, 12:42:58 AM »
http://www.homefacts.com/tornadoes/Arkansas/Washington-County/Fayetteville.html

According to our records, the largest Tornado in the Fayetteville Area was an F5 in 1976 that caused 64 injuries and 2 deaths. Fayetteville, Arkansas has potential risk of tornadoes.

Someone already posted that.

You'd think, if there was an F Freaking 5 tornado at any time in this area, you could find an article about it, not some questionable data off some website that gives unofficial a new meaning.  Who moderates that site? The NWS? Or some bearded chip muncher in a basement?

Also, an F5 that only caused 2 deaths??  Are you kidding me?

-LashHog, 06/09/2008

Offline HipHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #3873 on: May 25, 2011, 12:45:25 AM »
THAT'S the example you're going to use? First of all, that's not the true northwest arkansas corridor I was referring to. It might as well be part of oklahoma, since you know, it really is. Second, that's basically like saying a field was destroyed.  Show me where one ever hit any populated town in the 540/71 corridor.
the chop sooie way...run mouth...get proved wrong.... change the story to try and make self look right.

Offline ElvisHog

• Where have you gone Walter Cronkite, and why have you been replaced by the likes of woopig.net?
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #3874 on: May 25, 2011, 12:57:51 AM »
I'm sure you'll figure out a way to work this in your favor, it's the chop way.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20110101_12_A1_CUTLIN128279

Washington County in Arkansas has had 25 tornadoes, including Friday's