Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: AC Repair  (Read 8424 times)

Offline pigtacular

• Boar
  • I know, my behavior can be... *erratic* sometimes
Re: AC Repair
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2021, 09:41:14 AM »
Merv 4 is what to look for. Anything with a higher Merv number is going to be really restrictive and really needs to be designed/sized for the system (and they usually aren't)
:thumbup:

The very pants I was returning!

Online 1st_down_streak

• A redder shade of neck on a whiter shade of trash
  • King of the Hogs
  • Stand back, Burrito!
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2021, 11:42:25 AM »
Merv 4 is what to look for. Anything with a higher Merv number is going to be really restrictive and really needs to be designed/sized for the system (and they usually aren't)

Merv 4!? That shit won't even filter out the skeeters!

Is there a manufacturer recommendation for the filters? I looked at the product page on Trane's website but nada.

I usually buy a case of 12 off the ebays for around $60 and change them about once a month or so - I think merv 11 is what I have now.

https://www.coolray.com/what-does-merv-rating-mean.php

« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 11:44:29 AM by 1st_down_streak »
No fucks were wasted in the preceding message.

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Formerly known as Boar Bidet or Board Witch
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2021, 11:55:31 AM »
Merv 4!? That shit won't even filter out the skeeters!

Is there a manufacturer recommendation for the filters? I looked at the product page on Trane's website but nada.

I usually buy a case of 12 off the ebays for around $60 and change them about once a month or so - I think merv 11 is what I have now.

https://www.coolray.com/what-does-merv-rating-mean.php
I provided a rec last page that’s worked well for me so far. Nordic Pure Merv12. I have also used the 7 as well.

Once in Yamsylvania, we had the potato famine. Which did not upset us because, hey, we eat only yams! Then we realized it is better to starve on potatoes than eat yams. We became so poor we had to raise monkeys for their fur. OK, we raised them for their pleasant smell and many tasty parasites. The kids today, tell them about parasite stew, and they look at you like you're some kind of nutty man, crazed from yam poisoning.

Online 1st_down_streak

• A redder shade of neck on a whiter shade of trash
  • King of the Hogs
  • Stand back, Burrito!
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2021, 12:10:29 PM »
I provided a rec last page that’s worked well for me so far. Nordic Pure Merv12. I have also used the 7 as well.

Pretty sure most all filters are made in the USofA and basically the same so you are probably paying twice what you could be for that cool name

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=merv+12+filters+case+20x25

No fucks were wasted in the preceding message.