Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: AC Repair  (Read 4646 times)

Offline Veritas Arkansas

• Tush Hog
AC Repair
« on: July 11, 2009, 04:05:22 PM »
Need a competent AC repairman in NWA to fix a rattling, squeaking AC unit.

Anybody have any recommendations?

Offline RonaldCarter

• Piglet
Re: AC Repair
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 08:26:23 AM »
I was about to start a new topic but after seeing this thread I had preferred replying here. I have hired  HVAC Houston two weeks ago for ac related issues. They had certified and experienced experts that offers all type of ac related services. So, anyone who is looking for an ac repair company they can call them.

Offline Won Nutt Hung Lo

• Tush Hog
  • Need an apartment?
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 08:33:38 AM »
This is going to be fun.

Offline razorwire

• Boar
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 08:35:16 AM »
Need a competent AC repairman in NWA to fix a rattling, squeaking AC unit.

Anybody have any recommendations?
Sounds like a job for WD-40 and a couple of bungee cords.

Offline DRYANKNPULL

• Pig's Knuckle, Arkansas
  • Boar
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 08:36:54 AM »
So you hired them two weeks ago, and as a parting gift they gave you a company email that you used to register on this site. Nice.

Offline Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Formerly known as Boar Bidet or Board Witch
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 08:41:17 AM »
Someone here on the board has an AC biz that I used a few years back and they were fantastic. Can’t think of the users name

Once in Yamsylvania, we had the potato famine. Which did not upset us because, hey, we eat only yams! Then we realized it is better to starve on potatoes than eat yams. We became so poor we had to raise monkeys for their fur. OK, we raised them for their pleasant smell and many tasty parasites. The kids today, tell them about parasite stew, and they look at you like you're some kind of nutty man, crazed from yam poisoning.

Offline 1st_down_streak

• A redder shade of neck on a whiter shade of trash
  • King of the Hogs
  • Stand back, Burrito!
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 09:30:25 AM »
I was about to start a new topic but after seeing this thread I had preferred replying here. I have hired  HVAC Houston two weeks ago for ac related issues. They had certified and experienced experts that offers all type of ac related services. So, anyone who is looking for an ac repair company they can call them.

Gefilte Fish Chopped Salad

1 package Whitefish Gefilte Fish (I like A&B best) prepared according to the package directions (you can make it any way you like, but drain it very well before you cut it into bite sized pieces
2 cans artichokes, drained and cut into quarters
2 cans sliced water chestnuts (drained)
1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded carrots
6 sliced green onions
2 cans black olives, drained and cut in half
1 red pepper, seeded and chopped into bite sized pieces
3 cups shredded spinach or romaine lettuce or a combination
1/4-cup rice wine vinegar
2/3-cup olive oil
2 teaspoons dill
2 tablespoons sugar
Salt and pepper to taste

No fucks were wasted in the preceding message.

Offline 1st_down_streak

• King of the Hogs
  • Stand back, Burrito!
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2020, 09:31:56 AM »
Someone here on the board has an AC biz that I used a few years back and they were fantastic. Can’t think of the users name

Maybe gibraltar - he's helped out quite few on here

If anyone needs commercial AC repairs in any Texas metro area, let me know. You won't get a cheap price but you will get top notch service.

Online hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
AC Repair
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2020, 09:55:27 AM »
Maybe gibraltar - he's helped out quite few on here

If anyone needs commercial AC repairs in any Texas metro area, let me know. You won't get a cheap price but you will get top notch service.

I might be in the market.  We have 3 AC units and the largest one is like 20+ years old.  Having a $700-900 electric bill has caused us to think maybe it needs replacing.  Also the thermostats aren’t likely reading correctly in some rooms so we have them all adjusted wonky like 83 here, 76 there and one that reads 28F/0C all the time so it doesn’t ever kick on.

I see stuff online for like $7000 to replace one, is that a reasonable price?

Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.

Online bleedinred

• Boar
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2020, 10:05:25 AM »
If you are replacing all 3 then prepare thy butthole for a $25K or more fucking.

Riding in seat #1 on the Muss Bus.

Online hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2020, 10:18:23 AM »
If you are replacing all 3 then prepare thy butthole for a $25K or more fucking.

Just the one largest one likely. 

Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.

Offline 1st_down_streak

• King of the Hogs
  • Stand back, Burrito!
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2020, 10:31:45 AM »
I might be in the market.  We have 3 AC units and the largest one is like 20+ years old.  Having a $700-900 electric bill has caused us to think maybe it needs replacing.  Also the thermostats aren’t likely reading correctly in some rooms so we have them all adjusted wonky like 83 here, 76 there and one that reads 28F/0C all the time so it doesn’t ever kick on.

We do commercial work so our rates are twice what you would typically pay for residential service. I don't even call our guys for service at our house - I use these guys https://www.colonyac.com/

If you could get a good company and a good unit, $7k seems like a very reasonable price but I am guessing that is for a builders grade unit and the perfect install situation. You are probably going to be quoted closer to $10k per.

Materials cost for the 4 ton 16 Seer Trane split system we put in a few years back at our place was about $3000. I paid one of our  techs $1000 cash and helped him with the install.

Offline 1st_down_streak

• King of the Hogs
  • Stand back, Burrito!
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2020, 10:37:40 AM »

If you have old thermostats, replacing them is easy and cheap. I got a honeywell wifi one for around $60 that, once it was setup, has been rock solid.

Online hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2020, 11:17:33 AM »
If you have old thermostats, replacing them is easy and cheap. I got a honeywell wifi one for around $60 that, once it was setup, has been rock solid.

I have some odd system that is all tied in together and apparently there is a central control that allows to open and close 16 zones or something.  45 years and this is my first time living in AC. 

Statnet is the current units and supposedly there is a master control unit somewhere to partition it into 16 zones.  Add in this, the odd entertainment system and the shitload of security cameras and secret rooms, this house is kinda...odd

Online bleedinred

• Boar
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2020, 11:30:48 AM »
I have some odd system that is all tied in together and apparently there is a central control that allows to open and close 16 zones or something.  45 years and this is my first time living in AC. 

Statnet is the current units and supposedly there is a master control unit somewhere to partition it into 16 zones.  Add in this, the odd entertainment system and the shitload of security cameras and secret rooms, this house is kinda...odd

If you have a true zoned setup then you may have bad damper motors.  that would explain why the house doesn't cool properly.

Online hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2020, 11:35:40 AM »
If you have a true zoned setup then you may have bad damper motors.  that would explain why the house doesn't cool properly.

Maybe so.  Might call someone and get them out to have a look and get a quote.  The current big unit is like 13 seer or whatever so it is old and likely not efficient either.

Need to get a security company out too and figure out why the cameras done seem to have power

Offline 1st_down_streak

• King of the Hogs
  • Stand back, Burrito!
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2020, 11:39:20 AM »

All that shit is over my head. Gibraltar is still around but probably busy as shit with the heat of the summer. Maybe he can offer some advice.

Offline 1st_down_streak

• King of the Hogs
  • Stand back, Burrito!
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2020, 11:46:18 AM »
Maybe so.  Might call someone and get them out to have a look and get a quote.  The current big unit is like 13 seer or whatever so it is old and likely not efficient either.

Need to get a security company out too and figure out why the cameras done seem to have power

The owners used to be our neighbors -

http://www.cforceinc.com/

Online bleedinred

• Boar
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2020, 11:48:52 AM »
One quick note: If you have 3 units and 3 thermostats then you have zero zones.

My two story house is zoned on the first floor.  The master bedroom/bath has a thermostat and the rest of the downstairs living area has a thermostat.  Basically the downstair unit kicks on depending on which thermostat is calling for cooling/heating.  The ducts that lead to those areas have damper motors in them that open the ducts which allow the air to flow.

We have had a historical problem with one of the dampers going bad for the main living area.  When that duct does not open the other ducts/registers downstairs manage to compensate and keep the living room comfortable.  When that motor is working the living room turns into an icebox.  That is the effect a bad motor can have on the balance of an area from a cooling/heating perspective.

Online hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
AC Repair
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2020, 11:57:04 AM »
One quick note: If you have 3 units and 3 thermostats then you have zero zones.

My two story house is zoned on the first floor.  The master bedroom/bath has a thermostat and the rest of the downstairs living area has a thermostat.  Basically the downstair unit kicks on depending on which thermostat is calling for cooling/heating.  The ducts that lead to those areas have damper motors in them that open the ducts which allow the air to flow.

We have had a historical problem with one of the dampers going bad for the main living area.  When that duct does not open the other ducts/registers downstairs manage to compensate and keep the living room comfortable.  When that motor is working the living room turns into an icebox.  That is the effect a bad motor can have on the balance of an area from a cooling/heating perspective.

We have a ton of thermostats.  Downstairs: Family room, kitchen, office, M bedroom, M bath (the 28F one).  Upstairs:movie room, play room, 3 upstairs bedrooms all have one too.  Maybe more that I’m missing.

The closet in the M bath that I use is somehow tied into the thermostat in the office and gets cold as FUCK.  Like, an ice box.  Much colder than the office but it is controlled by that thermostat it seems. 

« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 11:58:13 AM by hogsrunwild »

Offline Animal

• Custom Title
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2020, 06:13:54 PM »
Just the one largest one likely.
7k is becoming a the entry level

Offline Animal

• Custom Title
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2020, 06:15:33 PM »

You know that 7k...say goodbye to that shit

Online hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2020, 06:40:36 PM »
You know that 7k...say goodbye to that shit

So like 10k?  Just a ballpark figure is all I'm looking for.  I plan to be in this house for 20 years or more, so replacing it with a new, higher efficiency one should be a good investment.  Will give peace of mind and should save some money on electric bills each month?

Online bleedinred

• Boar
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2020, 07:06:28 PM »
We have a ton of thermostats.  Downstairs: Family room, kitchen, office, M bedroom, M bath (the 28F one).  Upstairs:movie room, play room, 3 upstairs bedrooms all have one too.  Maybe more that I’m missing.

The closet in the M bath that I use is somehow tied into the thermostat in the office and gets cold as FUCK.  Like, an ice box.  Much colder than the office but it is controlled by that thermostat it seems. 

Jesus.  What did you buy?  I picture a mansion made out of double wides. Sure you're not counting window units?

Offline Animal

• Custom Title
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2020, 07:26:12 PM »

So like 10k?  Just a ballpark figure is all I'm looking for.  I plan to be in this house for 20 years or more, so replacing it with a new, higher efficiency one should be a good investment.  Will give peace of mind and should save some money on electric bills each month?
Really depends on how in-depth the zone system gets in terms of problems. Mostly they are a shit show if it's all that old. In general there isn't nearly enough information to give a "guy on the internet said" kind of price.

A lot of these dealers are going to recommend the high end inverter system with the variable speed indoor for zoned equipment...that's 15k and up. And then they will also sell you a new zone controller and dampers...

I would absolutely find you a company that knows zones. Personally I'm anti zone...I'd rather size and design the system right instead of supposedly saving on energy costs on zones that break often.

If you are truly spending 800 a month on electric...you need to run to a good dealer. Surely someone can find out why. You might have strip heat coming in with the AC for example...it happens.