Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: ALLTEL TO VERIZON WIRELESS  (Read 2600 times)

Offline spur

• A Shoat
  • here for the free beer
ALLTEL TO VERIZON WIRELESS
« on: September 11, 2009, 09:30:11 PM »
We went to upgrade and had to swap to  verizon to get our upgrade. I was cool with everything until the wireless internet. The laptop made the switch, no problem, but the desktop wont recognize the new wireless modem. Tech help is for shit I already tried what they said. If any of you guys have had any dealings with this, I would appreciate the help. Upgrading my driver didn't do it either. I'm losing my mind here.

It's been real and it's been fun, but it ain't been real fun.

Offline Animal

• Totally not an administrator
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
Re: ALLTEL TO VERIZON WIRELESS
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 09:45:08 PM »
What kind of internet connection? DSL, 3G....what?

It's better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war

Bruce Lee

Offline spur

• A Shoat
  • here for the free beer
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 10:26:10 PM »
Uh, I guess I'm lost. It's just wireless internet, the modem is a device that I plug into my USB port. Mobile broadband, verizon calls it MiFi2200. Wherever I have cell service I have internet, supposed to.

Offline Animal

• Totally not an administrator
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 09:07:50 AM »
Uh, I guess I'm lost. It's just wireless internet, the modem is a device that I plug into my USB port. Mobile broadband, verizon calls it MiFi2200. Wherever I have cell service I have internet, supposed to.

I would think that would make it a 3G connection then. What operating system is on the desktop? I assume this is a wireless connection to a MiFi router. So you would need a wireless LAN in your desktop. You need to make sure it is set to automatically detect IP settings in the TCP/IP properties tab found in the properties tab of the wireless network card. Also one way or the next you need to make sure if you have security settings for the MiFi that you enter those settings in exactly the same way in order for everything to jive. You may not have anything like that set up....it could just be open to any tom dick and harry that comes along with a wireless finder.

I just put together a computer for my dad about a week ago and he's got basically the Alltel version of that MiFi and the computer found everything without me having to do anything...maybe putting drivers into that thing is doing more harm than good, I like dealing with XP/Vista settings vs. the verizon wifi drivers. Anyway good luck...would need more specific information to really be of much help.

It's better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war

Bruce Lee

Offline spur

• A Shoat
  • here for the free beer
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 12:37:46 PM »
Thanks, I will try that