Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The NBA  (Read 766803 times)

Offline Cerdo

• Despacito
  • King of the Hogs
Re: The NBA
« Reply #250 on: May 25, 2011, 06:14:33 PM »
You people are crazy.  Ronnie never really had that great of a shot in college, he was just an NBA level player playing NCAA ball. 

Offline 501 Boyz

• Boar
« Reply #251 on: May 25, 2011, 07:31:24 PM »
You can almost shut him out for parts of the game, but only for a short stretch at a time.  Joakim Noah can stop him in his tracks and Ronnie Brewer did a dang good job on him last night.  Seems like the Bulls forgot concepts like "rotation" or "help-side" on defense last night at times.  The dude's improved his jump shot so much though that if you stay in front of him he can just shoot it over you and all you can do is say good shot.  Kobe has moves, Rose has the speed to step around anybody (Lebron included if he really wants too), but right now Lebron is taking whatever the defense gives him and simply scoring lots of points.  James/Nowitzki is going to be an interesting matchip for sure.  Assuming the Bulls don't win 3 straight.
So your saying in the conf finals, Rose's team is down a game, about to be two games, and rose didnt really want to get around James?

Offline Buffinator

• The Other Other White Meat
  • King of the Hogs
  • Has perfect aim.
« Reply #252 on: May 25, 2011, 07:58:03 PM »
I'm saying Rose was wore the frick out, and getting around James would have been pointless with Bosh and Anthony waiting on either side of the rim for him.  They had nothing set up other than just having Rose run around and throw it up.  Pointless.

Offline gambler

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #253 on: May 25, 2011, 08:10:03 PM »
I'm saying Rose was wore the frick out, and getting around James would have been pointless with Bosh and Anthony waiting on either side of the rim for him.  They had nothing set up other than just having Rose run around and throw it up.  Pointless.
Rose is a good player, but there was no doubt where the ball was going on that last play. Miami has several options for a last play. Chicago has to go out and get him some help.

Offline Cerdo

• Despacito
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #254 on: May 25, 2011, 08:46:19 PM »
In the most non-Hog-homer way I can say this, Joe Johnson really would have been a huge addition to this Bulls team.  With Joe playing, they would have maybe been up on the Heat right now.

I don't know if they need a Nick Van Exel "instant offense" guy but they do need someone who is a scorer more than anything else - they've got guys all over that team that can play lock down defense.  Their window of opportunity is just starting to open but they need to get a guy quick out of free agency. 

Offline PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
« Reply #255 on: May 25, 2011, 11:11:27 PM »
What Dirk is doing in the playoffs is legendary. 

I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. Fucking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the shit men fanta

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hammer Down
« Reply #256 on: May 26, 2011, 12:44:53 AM »

But only legendary if he finishes it off.  Nobody remembers Rolando Blackmon.  Shoot, only a few people remember stockton and/or malone in a way that doesn't include "but no NBA championship."

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

"I can understand your disdain for Arkansas people when all you've had exposure to is the NW Ark people. The natives are idiots and the imports are Yankees." - Lurk, May 2016

Offline gambler

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #257 on: May 26, 2011, 01:06:02 AM »
I've been pulling for Dallas the whole playoffs. I don't keep up with the NBA during the season, just a playoff fan. I want Dirk and Kidd to get a ring. Their time is running out and this year is their best chance. Chicago, OKC, and Miami have a lot of chances in the future.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #258 on: May 26, 2011, 01:20:59 AM »
But only legendary if he finishes it off.  Nobody remembers Rolando Blackmon.  Shoot, only a few people remember stockton and/or malone in a way that doesn't include "but no NBA championship."

To be fair, most people are retarded.

Offline hogsfan4life

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #259 on: May 26, 2011, 07:29:19 AM »
I am a Kobe hater, started leaning towards hating on Lebron as of late but there is no fucking way Kobe wins a championship in Cleveland, with the players they have and had.  Coach be damned

The same thing can be said for Lebron.  The only difference being you assume Kobe couldn't win. We know Lebron couldn't.

A Tapout tattoo will look great with your do-rag, wife-beater, ankle-monitor, and blank resume

Offline bigghurtt

• Sockpuppet of an angry god
  • King of the Hogs
  • Prying open, my brown eye...wait...damnit.
« Reply #260 on: May 26, 2011, 08:24:32 AM »
What season was it Kobe won a title without huge support?  Oh, that's right, none of them.

When did he get to the finals without huge support?  Never?  Oh yeah, that was LeBron.  But Kobe might have won a title in Cleveland, since the record shows he's so good without other All-Stars to help and everything.

This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
  • FAH Q
« Reply #261 on: May 26, 2011, 08:27:20 AM »
Jason Kidd is like a infinitely wise basketball wizard.

Offline goporkyourself

• cool side of the pillow
  • King of the Hogs
  • having a good week of practice
« Reply #262 on: May 26, 2011, 08:29:17 AM »
You people are crazy.  Ronnie never really had that great of a shot in college, he was just an NBA level player playing NCAA ball. 

raisins! but yeah, you're probably right. nostalgia.

Offline Hackfuck McDouche

• King of the Hogs
  • Call the Supernatural.
« Reply #263 on: May 26, 2011, 08:49:20 AM »
I don't know why I bother watching the first 44 minutes of any NBA game, regular season or playoff.  I've gone to bed/switched off games the past several nights only to wake up the next morning and see the trailing team won.

Offline boomer_sooie

• Boar
« Reply #264 on: May 26, 2011, 08:58:20 AM »
And another tough loss to swallow as a thunder fan. The team just hasn't figured out how to close games in the playoffs. They actually struggled in closing games out against the Nugs and Grizz, but those teams didn't have two hall of famers. I won't even get into the inconsistency by each player in this series. That would result in an Animal-esque post.

I do think the Thunder are in a better position than the Bulls for the future. Thunder players still have room for improvement, but if you look at the Bulls roster, except for Rose and maybe Noah, everyone has already maxed out their ability.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #265 on: May 26, 2011, 10:48:33 AM »
And another tough loss to swallow as a thunder fan. The team just hasn't figured out how to close games in the playoffs. They actually struggled in closing games out against the Nugs and Grizz, but those teams didn't have two hall of famers. I won't even get into the inconsistency by each player in this series. That would result in an Animal-esque post.

I have hopes the Mavs can pull off the impossible and beat the superfriends in the finals, but the Mavs definitely won't be favored.  So while I feel for the Thunder fans, you don't know the pain I know. Haha. I'm going on at over 20 years as a Mavs fan. The best memories don't include a championship. :(

I do think the Thunder are in a better position than the Bulls for the future. Thunder players still have room for improvement, but if you look at the Bulls roster, except for Rose and maybe Noah, everyone has already maxed out their ability.

OKC should be the favorite to return to the WCF for the next decade if they can keep their nucleus together and continue to grow/mature.  It's scary how good they are for being so young.  Keep Durant, Westbrook (Unless they can somehow trade for someone like Chris Paul/Deron Williams), Harden, and Ibaka together.  Surround them with good glue guys like Collison.  Then just relax and watch their maturation.   They might not get to the Finals now, but I just don't see any team in the West being able to match their athleticism, talent, and youth for the next 5 years.  You never know what will happen with trades/free agency, but OKC is primed for a long run of success if they can keep their nucleus.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 10:52:32 AM by ocelot_ark »

Online Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
« Reply #267 on: May 26, 2011, 12:53:14 PM »
I don't know why I bother watching the first 44 minutes of any NBA game, regular season or playoff.  I've gone to bed/switched off games the past several nights only to wake up the next morning and see the trailing team won.

You're not the only one.
 >:(

<--- I'm with him

Offline shortstop6

• Cooled-Out Buddhist Cowboy
  • Boar
  • Lathed from solid envy, thick with menace.
« Reply #268 on: May 26, 2011, 12:59:19 PM »
So while I feel for the Thunder fans, you don't know the pain I know. Haha. I'm going on at over 20 years as a Mavs fan. The best memories don't include a championship. :(

Moody Madness says, "Hi."

I'm an outdoorsman.  I like getting drunk on patios.

Offline hogsfan4life

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #269 on: May 26, 2011, 03:32:04 PM »
What season was it Kobe won a title without huge support?  Oh, that's right, none of them.

When did he get to the finals without huge support?  Never?  Oh yeah, that was LeBron.  But Kobe might have won a title in Cleveland, since the record shows he's so good without other All-Stars to help and everything.

So basically you agree with what I said and you are just butthurt about it.

A Tapout tattoo will look great with your do-rag, wife-beater, ankle-monitor, and blank resume

Offline Mike Slive

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #270 on: May 26, 2011, 05:20:52 PM »
So basically you agree with what I said and you are just butthurt about it.

Only if you include that Trent Dilfer was a better QB than Marino.  BTW, Kenny Smith is legendary.

Offline 501 Boyz

• Boar
« Reply #271 on: May 26, 2011, 07:56:36 PM »
I remember Jerry West was finals MVP on a losing team.

Offline Buffinator

• The Other Other White Meat
  • King of the Hogs
  • Has perfect aim.
« Reply #272 on: May 26, 2011, 10:10:09 PM »
Dang.  Chicago Bulls are chock full of teh FAIL.

That's 2 games that the defense broke down at the end, and Rose failed to hit clutch free throws.  They're called "free" for a reason.  Memphis background came out in him again.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 10:16:50 PM by Buffinator »

Offline boomer_sooie

• Boar
« Reply #273 on: May 26, 2011, 10:16:48 PM »
I had no idea TNT was re-airing the Mavs vs Thunder series.

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
  • FAH Q
« Reply #274 on: May 27, 2011, 08:08:02 AM »
Yet again, I go to bed thinking the game is over, and yet again a team comes from ahead to lose the game.