Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The NBA  (Read 766679 times)

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
Re: The NBA
« Reply #275 on: May 28, 2011, 11:52:36 PM »
Long wait until Tuesday.  I'm ready for it to get here.  Break a leg, Lebron.  No, really.

Offline Hardpork

• Tush Hog
« Reply #276 on: May 29, 2011, 11:24:02 PM »
I think the Mavs are the better team but they're going to get screwed over again.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #277 on: May 30, 2011, 02:25:04 AM »
I think the Mavs are the better team but they're going to get screwed over again.

It'll be a lot harder for refs to screw over guys like Kidd, Marion, Stevenson on playing good defense.  Contrasted with guys like Devin Harris, Josh Howard, and Jerry Stackhouse - we've at least got a much better reputation defensively.  That stuff matters, unfortunately.

I think the Mavs are going to be playing a decent amount of zone this series and hope guys like Bibby/Miller aren't hitting their threes.

Offline Snorts

• Boar
  • 7 Screaming Diz Busters
« Reply #279 on: May 31, 2011, 11:17:31 AM »
So what's new?  The protected stars will stay protected. 

Just ask the Axis

Offline Trigger7672

• Boar
« Reply #280 on: May 31, 2011, 12:22:03 PM »
So what's new?  The protected stars will stay protected. 

Good thing no one is better than Dirk at pretending he got fouled.

Offline 501 Boyz

• Boar
« Reply #281 on: May 31, 2011, 05:19:35 PM »
Im talking about the corrupt ref shitting on Stern's cash cow.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #282 on: May 31, 2011, 05:48:10 PM »

You sure about that?

Offline boomer_sooie

• Boar
« Reply #283 on: May 31, 2011, 07:40:39 PM »
As much as everyone talks about Dirk and Kidd finally getting a ring, it'd also be nice for Carlisle to finally win one. I believe he lost a handful of times in the Eastern Conference Finals between his years with the Pistons and Pacers.

Offline jmcwill04

• #StaySchleep
  • A Shoat
  • on fleek
    • http://www.boattrader.com/
« Reply #284 on: May 31, 2011, 09:22:03 PM »

Offline hogsfan4life

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #285 on: May 31, 2011, 10:00:26 PM »
It'll be a lot harder for refs to screw over guys like Kidd, Marion, Stevenson on playing good defense. 

The refs don't seem to be having much trouble. 

A Tapout tattoo will look great with your do-rag, wife-beater, ankle-monitor, and blank resume

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #286 on: May 31, 2011, 10:12:53 PM »

I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #287 on: May 31, 2011, 10:21:29 PM »
The refs don't seem to be having much trouble. 

This is near unfathomable right now... those calls on Dirk and Chandler on the offensive end just now were un real.... meanwhile, Jet takes a shot with a hand on his lead arm the whole time. No call there.

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline hogsfan4life

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #288 on: May 31, 2011, 10:22:21 PM »
Apparently Haslem is the next Jordan.  I haven't seen this many bullshit calls since the hogs fucking in Gainesville.

A Tapout tattoo will look great with your do-rag, wife-beater, ankle-monitor, and blank resume

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #289 on: May 31, 2011, 10:24:34 PM »
LeBron with an easy call for a 4th foul. He could easily have 6 or 7 right now.

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline hogsfan4life

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #290 on: May 31, 2011, 10:34:07 PM »
Dirk called despite the clean strip. 

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #291 on: May 31, 2011, 10:50:14 PM »
I'm not sure it's even worth watching the other games now... they usually extend these things as much as possible, but officials win this in 5 easy.

Offline Ty Webb

• I don't play golf, for money, against people
  • King of the Hogs
  • Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it
« Reply #292 on: May 31, 2011, 10:54:42 PM »
I'm not sure it's even worth watching the other games now... they usually extend these things as much as possible, but officials win this in 5 easy.
I would normally agree BUT I doubt Miami will hit 10 3's in another game in this series nor will Barea go 1-8 on his FGs. Unless the refs turn up the BS even more (which is entirely possible) I think Dallas will win at least 2 and maybe 3.

That was not a good team we barely beat at home.  We seriously may not win another game this season. - BASS January 20, 2018, 07:40:43 PM

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #293 on: June 01, 2011, 12:24:35 AM »
Won't matter.

See Dirk toying with his finger late? Tore a tendon in his middle finger. He'll be wearing a splint.
Without Dirk at 100%, Mavs are done.

Coincidentally, I remember noticing him pawing at his hand immediately after that ridiculous strip that was called a foul by the official's imagination. Probably did it there or just before.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hammer Down
« Reply #294 on: June 01, 2011, 12:36:55 AM »
The refs must have been pretty bad.  Didn't get a chance to watch it, but there's more whining here than in a losing Razorback game thread.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

"I can understand your disdain for Arkansas people when all you've had exposure to is the NW Ark people. The natives are idiots and the imports are Yankees." - Lurk, May 2016

Offline Jostlyn McCocksack

• Wise guy extraordinare. Faded weekly
  • King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #295 on: June 01, 2011, 08:21:15 AM »
They are always bad....they suck both ways.  Marion ran over mike miller and they somehow give him an and one....that is followed by dirk stripping bosh and getting called for a foul.  The heat played great d in the second half.  I didn't watch the first half but the heat were rotating out of their double teams like a mofo.  The only chance Dallas has is for their zone to be effective enough to get a nice lead....otherwise they have no chance. Miami plays defense

"Coaches who listen to fans often end up sitting with them."
Bobby Knight

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Wild Hog
« Reply #296 on: June 01, 2011, 08:40:14 AM »
I'm not going to read this entire thread, so maybe it was already mentioned.  During the second quarter, Lebron stumbles as he's gaining possession of the ball around mid court.  He gains possession and then commences to stand up, looking almost like Otis stumbling around to get up out of the Mayberry jail cell.  No walk is called.  My son, who is a huge Lebron fan chuckles at the no call.  Later in the game, the guy with the Snoop Dog haircut, does the quick shuffle, no more than 2 feet, to get going and he's called for a walk.

The Dirk is so automatic at the free throw line, I keep expecting ABC/ESPN to go to a commercial when he's shooting free throws.

I can't help but wonder what an awesome WR Lebron would make in the NFL.  I hope Miami goes ahead and wins in 4 or 5.  You never know when another Cowboy receiver will get arrested and banned, and Lebron needs a new challenge if he finally gets that ring at the ripe old age of what, 28?

Offline Trigger7672

• Boar
« Reply #297 on: June 01, 2011, 10:42:37 AM »

I can't help but wonder what an awesome WR Lebron would make in the NFL.  I hope Miami goes ahead and wins in 4 or 5.  You never know when another Cowboy receiver will get arrested and banned, and Lebron needs a new challenge if he finally gets that ring at the ripe old age of what, 28?

We're talking about Lebron James? The same guy who acts like he tore an acl or broke a leg every time he hits the deck or gets fouled hard. The same guy who disappeared last year versus the Celtics after a phantom elbow injury... The first time LBJ gets hit on a football field would be his last because he would have to be carted off of the field.

Offline bigghurtt

• Sockpuppet of an angry god
  • King of the Hogs
  • Prying open, my brown eye...wait...damnit.
« Reply #298 on: June 01, 2011, 04:19:32 PM »
Yeah, James was a top football prospect in high school because he can't take getting hit.

I watched the game and could give two shits for either team, and never thought the officiating was biased either way.  Shitty both ways, yes, but sure as shit not biased.  Bad calls on both ends, both teams.

Then again, I never bought into the whole thing where we're all supposed to hate the Heat because one of their players wasn't nice when he left his last team, so who knows? 

Maybe I'm wrong and Lebron isn't the best and most clutch player in the game, but he's actually a loser who folds under pressure.  Maybe the Heat aren't really good at getting to the line by getting to the right spots and forcing the issue (only Dirk is), they just have the NBA protecting them.

There's really no way of knowing, since I don't even have the common damned sense to view everything through the context of "What Lebron Did".

I'll hang up and listen.

This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Offline Trigger7672

• Boar
« Reply #299 on: June 01, 2011, 08:33:53 PM »
Yeah, James was a top football prospect in high school because he can't take getting hit.

Yeah you're right, Lebron probably ran into a lot of guys that look like Ray Lewis when he was catching passes for St. Vincent St. Mary's prep school.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4194437

Without ever having held a stopwatch on him, Pees guessed James would not possess receiver wheels. That, combined with James' body type, would make him a tight end who'd be considerably more vulnerable to contact than a wideout.

"The biggest thing he wouldn't be ready for is somebody hitting him," Pees said. "I know they play physical in the NBA, so put [Patriots outside linebacker] Adalius Thomas up in his face all day and have a defensive back maybe behind him that has some size too, that can go up with him.