Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 2005 Accord Trunk Won't Open With Remote  (Read 3831 times)

Offline SteveJ

• ElvisHog of ye olden days
  • King of the Hogs
2005 Accord Trunk Won't Open With Remote
« on: December 17, 2009, 06:43:32 PM »
Neither of our remotes will open it.  I'm assuming there's a fuse out somewhere, but I can't find where to change it.  Anyone run into this before?

Offline capnthog

• Poorly qualified to represent the LBC.
  • Tush Hog
Re: 2005 Accord Trunk Won't Open With Remote
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 07:02:37 PM »
Damn.

Is all your shit falling apart today?

Eat me.

Offline chop sooie

• King of the Hogs
  • Records were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 11:54:31 PM »
Neither of our remotes will open it.  I'm assuming there's a fuse out somewhere, but I can't find where to change it.  Anyone run into this before?

If your Accord is anything like my 01, there is a very visible fuse box on the left hand side of the dashboard (by the driver's side door), but there is also a secondary fuse box under the right hand side of the dash...you basically have to take off the dash panel underneath the glove box to get to it. I am pretty certain that is where all of the keyless entry fuses are. The only reason I know it's there is because I ordered my Honda keyless entry kit after I bought the car and it was in the installation instructions.

EDIT: I thought I remembered having to take the dash panel off to get to the right hand side fuse box, but there is another access panel door just like the one on the left side to get to it.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 11:58:05 PM by chop sooie »
"The only person that said anything you should be offended by is chop sooie and I think most have learned to ignore him by now."

-LashHog, 06/09/2008

Offline HipHog

• Resident Racist and Pedophile
  • King of the Hogs
  • Coming soon to the semi weekly Detention report
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 07:07:10 PM »
talked to a buddy of mine who works with this kinda stuff. He said it more than likely wont be a fuse unless other stuff in the car doesnt work since the fuse would be running more things than the trunk release. He said it would more than likely be the motor or the remote, but since neither remote works i would rule that out obviously

"I played seven years in the NBA," Mayberry said. "But nothing can take away the time I had over here playing for Coach Richardson. They were the best years of my life. Arkansas fans are the best."

Offline 501 Boyz

• Tush Hog
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 02:37:30 PM »
talked to a buddy of mine who works with this kinda stuff. He said it more than likely wont be a fuse unless other stuff in the car doesnt work since the fuse would be running more things than the trunk release. He said it would more than likely be the motor or the remote, but since neither remote works i would rule that out obviously

^ This guy knows what he is talking about.  He has kidnapped many a girl and thrown them in the back of of a Honda before.

Offline SteveJ

• ElvisHog of ye olden days
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 03:46:09 PM »

Well fook.

Offline jumbo

• Wild Hog
  • War Damn Eagle
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 01:41:49 AM »
Both of my remotes wouldn't work for my Accord until I took the remote apart and cleaned the battery and the connectors, it works great now.

Be advised. I'm mean, nasty and tired. I eat concertina wire and piss napalm and I can put a round in a flea's ass at 200 meters. So why don't you go hump somebody else's leg, mutt face, before I push yours in.

Auburn Forum
Auburn Merchandise
Auburn News
2010 BCS National Champions

Offline 501 Boyz

• Tush Hog
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 01:32:45 PM »
if your next to the car at the back of the car and you hit the trunk button on the remote, does the motor make a sound like its trying to release?