Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Hog Baseball Caps  (Read 4306 times)

Offline NotoriousPIG

• Boar
Hog Baseball Caps
« on: April 21, 2010, 08:49:56 AM »
How is it baseball season and I can't find a ball cap like the team wears anywhere?

http://www.secstore.com/COLLEGE_Arkansas_Razorbacks_Mens_Hats/The_Game_Arkansas_Razorbacks_Cardinal_On-field_Baseball_Fitted_Hat

Everyone is basically sold out of normal sizes.  Restock dem bitches!

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
Re: Hog Baseball Caps
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 09:05:30 AM »
How is it baseball season and I can't find a ball cap like the team wears anywhere?

Because it is a day that ends in "y."

(I assume you mean fitted caps.  If not, disregard)

It's like they don't want to make money. In recent times you can sometimes get them at the ballpark but the price is jacked up.  It's been years since I've seen one in the bookstore on a football weekend.  In fact, I don't know if I ever have.

Back in the day, they ordered from Best Sports on Dickson and Best would always carry the same fitted model the team was wearing.  I don't know if they are even around anymore, much less order caps for the team.

Within the last season or two, the official game caps were the "The Game" model made by Richardson Caps and for awhile Big Red on 6th Street (MLK?) had them.  Either them or another store in that same strip mall.

I don't know why the bookstore doesn't stock the exact same fitted cap the team wears.  They've got every concievable "one size fits most" hog caps in pink and everythg else.  But you can't get the actual team cap from them, at least I've never had any luck.

"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline Kevin Bacon

• A Shoat
  • bitch you aint no nerd?
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 09:06:30 AM »
From what I know they aren't restocking that site.  It took me forever to find one, and only through sheer luck I saw one behind all the knockoffs and it actually fit.

Got it behind home plate in the little nook shop. I'd say that's still your best bet.

Posted up like a mailbox

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 09:14:35 AM »
I'm not a fan of the flat brimmed caps but you can get the flat version of the New Era 5950 off their website for $31.99.  Arkansas wore New Era on the field some years ago.

As of the moment, they have every size in stock, up to and incuding 8.

"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Ya mo be there?
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 09:16:32 AM »

http://www.secstore.com/COLLEGE_Arkansas_Razorbacks_Mens_Hats/The_Game_Arkansas_Razorbacks_Cardinal_On-field_Baseball_Fitted_Hat

what size you need?

Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline ace1202

• Piglet
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 09:17:27 AM »

check Big Reds on 6th street

Offline NotoriousPIG

• Boar
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 10:04:52 AM »
what size you need?

7 1/4

check Big Reds on 6th street

I emailed them (I'm in NYC).  Tried to buy one from them last year but they were out of stock.

I'm not a fan of the flat brimmed caps but you can get the flat version of the New Era 5950 off their website for $31.99.  Arkansas wore New Era on the field some years ago.

As of the moment, they have every size in stock, up to and incuding 8.

I actually got one of these for Christmas but the 7 1/4 I got is way too big.  Might take it to my local New Era store and see what they say.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• Emperor of Woopig
  • savage
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 10:22:57 AM »
7 1/4

I emailed them (I'm in NYC).  Tried to buy one from them last year but they were out of stock.

I actually got one of these for Christmas but the 7 1/4 I got is way too big.  Might take it to my local New Era store and see what they say.

How big is it? Those New Era's are wool and made to shrink to your head. If its fairly close, or maybe even just a full size big...  there's a really easy fix that only requires warm water, a few paper towels and patience while the hat dries in your head.

"I was right, but things change."

Offline NotoriousPIG

• Boar
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 10:41:35 AM »
How big is it? Those New Era's are wool and made to shrink to your head. If its fairly close, or maybe even just a full size big...  there's a really easy fix that only requires warm water, a few paper towels and patience while the hat dries in your head.

It's weird b/c I bought a 7 1/4 cap from the New Era store in NYC and it has fit right since when I bought it.  This one is probably a full size bigger despite the tag.  I googled shrinking that bitch so maybe I'll give it a shot.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 10:47:11 AM by NotoriousPIG »

Offline Stephen Colboar

• Emperor of Woopig
  • savage
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 10:54:48 AM »
Yeah they're sizing isn't as consistent as it should be.

With the wool ones it doesn't really matter. Those things will shrink and you just stretch it on your knee if it shrinks too much.

"I was right, but things change."

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 12:56:58 PM »
Hog Heaven in the union has fitted "The Game" caps in size 7 1/4. They are $21.99.

Offline NotoriousPIG

• Boar
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 12:58:44 PM »
Hog Heaven in the union has fitted "The Game" caps in size 7 1/4. They are $21.99.

Cheers.  Now need to figure out how to get one to NYC if I can't shrink this New Era one. 

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 12:59:22 PM »
Cheers.  Now need to figure out how to get one to NYC if I can't shrink this New Era one. 

I will be happy to pick one up for you and mail it. Let me know.

Offline NotoriousPIG

• Boar
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 01:03:42 PM »

I will be happy to pick one up for you and mail it. Let me know.

Thanks.  Gonna work on this New Era first. 

Side note, found a pretty cool site that has some hard to find collegiate baseball team caps.

http://www.shop.dugouthats.com/main.sc

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • Boar
  • I sang "Hey Jude", as he died.....
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 02:49:56 PM »
Best Sports in Evelyn Hills has the game day hats in several sizes for $21.99.  I had to go there at lunch.

LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline TomTHog

• Tush Hog
  • Woopig Poker Open Champion of the World!
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 02:56:44 PM »
Best Sports in Evelyn Hills has the game day hats in several sizes for $21.99.  I had to go there at lunch.

Ti Amo or Chuck E Cheese?     :stache:

Thanks for the...um....heads up.

baseball is dull only to dull minds.

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • Boar
  • I sang "Hey Jude", as he died.....
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 03:23:40 PM »
Ozark Natural Foods FTW!

I'm part hippie.

LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline Raoul

• Oilfield Trash
  • Boar
  • You're a Dick
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2010, 04:13:48 PM »
Ti Amo or Chuck E Cheese?     :stache:

Thanks for the...um....heads up.

East Buffet! Ugggggh...I gotta take shit just saying the words East Buffet.

I'm the King Turd, Up here on Shit Mountain and if you want it you can have the crown.

Offline ups_hog

• Boar
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2010, 04:18:56 PM »
Since the hat question has been answered and we are now on the feeding topics of hippies...

I saw one of these shirts at Baum last weekend.  Me want.

Offline Sweet River Baines

• Tush Hog
  • Our man in Inglewood.
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2010, 07:26:15 PM »
Since the hat question has been answered and we are now on the feeding topics of hippies...

I saw one of these shirts at Baum last weekend.  Me want.

Got me one at Houndstooth in Park Plaza.  :thumbup:

Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 4:11 Posi-trac out back, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle.

Offline NotoriousPIG

• Boar
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2010, 11:02:38 PM »
I appreciate everyone relaying the info that these caps are available all over Arkansas but seeing as how I live out of town I guess my bitching was more directed at the fact that they are nowhere to be found on the interwebs including the "official" Razorback online store.  I'm sure Shanklin is behind this.

Offline Jahog

• A Shoat
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2022, 09:13:56 PM »
Totally Shanklin's fault.  Did you ever find a hat?

If the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, it's either Astroturf or it's growing above a sewer line.

Offline VegasHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2022, 09:18:56 PM »
holy 12 year old bump!

Offline Sus-Scrofa

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2022, 09:23:53 PM »
Old thread bumps read like the “those we lost this year” segments on awards shows.

Offline Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2022, 09:25:29 PM »
I'm still looking for a hat.

<--- I'm with him