Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register.

Author Topic: iTunes help  (Read 3658 times)

Offline Death By Sooiecide

• King of the Hogs
iTunes help
« on: July 18, 2010, 12:40:40 PM »
Hey guys I am trying to update my iPhone 3G with the new update. I click on my iTunes and now I can't connect to the iTunes store. It says something about unable to establish a connection. I obviously can connect to the internet because I am here. I have deleted iTunes and re-installed it and it still says this.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Ahole

• Boar
  • DERP!!
Re: iTunes help
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 03:49:08 PM »
What version of iTunes? 9.2 is the latest. Try updating it if not the latest. Download directly from the web if you can't through iTunes. Or reinstall if you have the latest.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 04:15:17 PM »
What version of iTunes? 9.2 is the latest. Try updating it if not the latest. Download directly from the web if you can't through iTunes. Or reinstall if you have the latest.

Just downloaded the newest itunes and still can't connect. Is there a way I can update my iPhone thru the web and not itunes?

Offline Ahole

• Boar
  • DERP!!
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 05:33:16 PM »
Just downloaded the newest itunes and still can't connect. Is there a way I can update my iPhone thru the web and not itunes?

Not that I'm aware of. I assume this is a legit iPhone? Make sure your computer is the "Authorized" by opening iTunes, clicking "Store" on the toolbar, and clicking "Authorize this computer". Also make sure you are signed in from that same menu. If you are signed in trying signing out and signing back in. Also be sure you don't have any fees that are not paid to iTunes. Worst case is to do a complete uninstall of iTunes, reboot, and reinstall to be sure all drivers are working and services are running.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 06:44:36 PM »
Not that I'm aware of. I assume this is a legit iPhone? Make sure your computer is the "Authorized" by opening iTunes, clicking "Store" on the toolbar, and clicking "Authorize this computer". Also make sure you are signed in from that same menu. If you are signed in trying signing out and signing back in. Also be sure you don't have any fees that are not paid to iTunes. Worst case is to do a complete uninstall of iTunes, reboot, and reinstall to be sure all drivers are working and services are running.
Yep. Legit Iphone. When I try to authorize the computer it puts up the same message. network timed out. Check your network settings. try again. yada yada yada. I can't sign in for the same reason. No unpaid fees to iTunes. I uninstalled and tried again. Nothing.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 06:55:12 PM »
Where the fuck do you check network settings on itunes!

FUCK!!!!!!

Offline Ahole

• Boar
  • DERP!!
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 04:25:12 PM »
Where the fuck do you check network settings on itunes!

FUCK!!!!!!

Help>>Run Diagnostics

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 12:30:48 PM »
Update. I just got the new update by downloading it on a friend's computer then plugged my phone back on my computer to put the songs back on.

Offline Ahole

• Boar
  • DERP!!
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 10:26:24 AM »
A new version of iTunes was released today, maybe earlier this week. It is version 9.2.1.