Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Mitch Mustain did what?  (Read 127828 times)

Offline UAClassof81

• Boar
  • Squeeze my lemon.....
Re: Mitch Mustain did what?
« Reply #500 on: April 18, 2013, 07:55:34 AM »
Without a doubt. The best course of action would have been just to fade into obscurity and consider all things "lessons learned".

Exactly.  Maybe he'll just have to use his college degree (assuming he actually got one) to make a living.

Offline Snortingred1

• Tush Hog
  • Slightly above average common sense...slightly.
« Reply #501 on: April 18, 2013, 09:46:23 AM »
Still kind of shitty how everything turned out for the guy.  No telling where we would have gone if he was allowed to start his entire time here.  Shame.  I wish him luck.

"What was it that Noam Chomsky said about BJ's?" -Zack Galifianakis

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • King of the Hogs
  • Strict No Tolerance Palsy
« Reply #502 on: April 18, 2013, 09:56:04 AM »
Still kind of shitty how everything turned out for the guy.  No telling where we would have gone if he was allowed to start his entire time here.  Shame.  I wish him luck.

Make no mistake, he was screwed* and there was nothing fair about what happened to him.  Making a documentary at this point, though, does him no good.  You either have to air everything publicly and fight shit like that as soon as it happens, or you have to pretty much let it go for a long time.  Doing it right now only seems like whining, even though he has earned the right.

Of course, opening with the bluesy, woeful sounds of harmonica while showing a middle class white kid playing near his suburban house was not the smartest idea.  It almost seems like satire.

*I don't hate Gus like a lot of folks, but I also don't understand why he doesn't take more heat for all of this.

Offline Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #503 on: April 18, 2013, 11:05:27 AM »
Make no mistake, he was screwed* and there was nothing fair about what happened to him.  Making a documentary at this point, though, does him no good.  You either have to air everything publicly and fight shit like that as soon as it happens, or you have to pretty much let it go for a long time.  Doing it right now only seems like whining, even though he has earned the right.

Of course, opening with the bluesy, woeful sounds of harmonica while showing a middle class white kid playing near his suburban house was not the smartest idea.  It almost seems like satire.

*I don't hate Gus like a lot of folks, but I also don't understand why he doesn't take more heat for all of this.
I picked up on that too, but I thought the television out in the yard by the curb offset it.

...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #504 on: April 18, 2013, 11:08:16 AM »
Springdale has gotten so uppity that y'all are calling it "middle class"?

Thankfully, the city government is doing all it can to remedy this.

LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #505 on: April 18, 2013, 11:32:50 AM »
Springdale has gotten so uppity that y'all are calling it "middle class"?

It may not be Georgetown, but it isn't Mississippi Delta, either.

Offline Trigger7672

• Boar
« Reply #506 on: April 18, 2013, 11:53:44 AM »

Yeah but this kind of stuff happens to big time high school recruits all the time. Sometimes they don't pan out. What makes Mustain so fucking special? The thing is he was overrated in high school, Damian Williams was the real big time talent on SHS and he was the recruit colleges should have been fawning over more than Mustain.

You can argue that Mitch got fucked here which he pretty much did but he had every opportunity to make it as a QB while at USC and he couldn't do it.

Offline notheretopaint

• Banished to Complete Crap
  • Wild Hog
« Reply #507 on: April 18, 2013, 12:24:56 PM »
Yeah but this kind of stuff happens to big time high school recruits all the time. Sometimes they don't pan out. What makes Mustain so fricking special? The thing is he was overrated in high school, Damian Williams was the real big time talent on SHS and he was the recruit colleges should have been fawning over more than Mustain.

You can argue that Mitch got fricked here which he pretty much did but he had every opportunity to make it as a QB while at USC and he couldn't do it.

You just post shit out of your ass don't you? He never had a shot at USC.  He consistently out performed Barkley in practice and scrimages but had he gotten the job Barkley would've transferred out, leaving USC without their golden boy of the future to get them through probation. Ask any L.A. reporter that covered them during that time. His mistake was transferring to one of the few places he would'nt have immediately been able to play for. 
Williams should have been more sought after, but Mustain wasn't overrated.

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #508 on: April 18, 2013, 12:38:54 PM »
His third mistake was transferring to one of the few places he would'nt have immediately been able to play for.

Offline Trigger7672

• Boar
« Reply #509 on: April 18, 2013, 12:55:27 PM »
You just post shit out of your ass don't you? He never had a shot at USC.  He consistently out performed Barkley in practice and scrimages but had he gotten the job Barkley would've transferred out, leaving USC without their golden boy of the future to get them through probation. Ask any L.A. reporter that covered them during that time. His mistake was transferring to one of the few places he would'nt have immediately been able to play for. 

Except he wasn't even their backup QB in Barkleys freshman year. That was Aaron Corp. So not only did Mustain not outperform Barkley, he didn't outperform Corp either. But please point me in the direction of the articles where Mustain was killing it during spring and fall camp only to be outcast to third fucking string.

Offline BigEarn

• Wild Hog
  • Did I wake you Fatima?
« Reply #510 on: April 18, 2013, 01:20:16 PM »
I was actually at the South Carolina game in Columbia when Mustain got yanked with my brother. My brother was not that familiar with Hootie and the whole situation with Mustain and Mal-u-zahn. He was shocked that the starting QB got yanked after one interception in the first quarter. He asked me " Isn't this kid 8-0 as a starter?". I just shook my head and explained how thanks to Mal-u-zahn Hootie had enough wins to where he knew he was not getting fired. And that allowed him to go back to using his guy and that play calling will be next.

What was so frustrating is not only all the talent that was wasted but the fact it was so obvious that winning was not a priority. It was Hootie keeping his job as long as he kissed Jim Lindsey and the rest of those guys asses.

That woman is a stone faced liar. I pulled out of her way early.

Offline notheretopaint

• Wild Hog
« Reply #511 on: April 18, 2013, 01:59:10 PM »
Except he wasn't even their backup QB in Barkleys freshman year. That was Aaron Corp. So not only did Mustain not outperform Barkley, he didn't outperform Corp either. But please point me in the direction of the articles where Mustain was killing it during spring and fall camp only to be outcast to third fricking string.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/usc/post/_/id/2751/mitch-mustain-outperforms-matt-barkley

I mean that took about two seconds fuckstain. Bill Plaschke ranted about it a few times as well.  He was behind Corp for a period of time, that hardly justifies your ignorance.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 02:08:12 PM by notheretopaint »

Offline Won Nutt Hung Lo

• Tush Hog
  • Need an apartment?
« Reply #512 on: April 18, 2013, 02:18:24 PM »
I was actually at the South Carolina game in Columbia when Mustain got yanked with my brother. My brother was not that familiar with Hootie and the whole situation with Mustain and Mal-u-zahn. He was shocked that the starting QB got yanked after one interception in the first quarter. He asked me " Isn't this kid 8-0 as a starter?". I just shook my head and explained how thanks to Mal-u-zahn Hootie had enough wins to where he knew he was not getting fired. And that allowed him to go back to using his guy and that play calling will be next.

What was so frustrating is not only all the talent that was wasted but the fact it was so obvious that winning was not a priority. It was Hootie keeping his job as long as he kissed Jim Lindsey and the rest of those guys asses.

Who is your brother?

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #513 on: April 18, 2013, 02:33:32 PM »
I don't get the backlash against stuff like this.
The people who literally go "Why do people still care about Mitch Mustain? Fuck him."

It's not like people are hailing him as the lost messiah or even the prodigal son... it's just an intriguing god damn story. One of the most decorated high school athletes to ever come out of this state, goes to the flagship university here, goes 8-0 as a starter his first year, then *poof*... He was gone, and rarely heard from again.

There has to be a story behind that, and it makes for an interesting inspiration for a documentary like this.

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline Splurge

• Resident Wooooo-pigger
  • King of the Hogs
  • My shoes cost more than your house
« Reply #514 on: April 18, 2013, 03:15:05 PM »
You just post aMm out of your ass don't you? He never had a shot at USC.  He consistently out performed Barkley in practice and scrimages but had he gotten the job Barkley would've transferred out, leaving USC without their golden boy of the future to get them through probation. Ask any L.A. reporter that covered them during that time. His mistake was transferring to one of the few places he would'nt have immediately been able to play for. 

I don't know (or care) what reporter out LA you are reading, but it was widely discussed by his USC teammates (including ones that were his teammates at SHS and USC) that he had the talent to be the starting qb at USC, but he wasn't willing to work for the starting job whereas others were.  Bluntly, his work ethic was fricking pathetic out there. 

I've heard it stated with my own ears in off-camera discussions with his teammates and I don't claim to be anybody with some special inside knowledge.  He was used to always being the best on the field and it coming easier naturally, but he got out there and everybody was just as good if not better (considering that team had 412 5-star recruits) so the ones that worked, earned the play.  It was well-discussed on that team and in team meetings.  Despite the media whatever on Barkley, Corp, or anyone else says, he had the job in pencil on the field when camp started and proceeded to loaf, comparatively speaking.  Starkville, it was public knowledge even in Springdale.  That combined with the raw deal he got with Nutt, overbearing mother, and a generally shitty attitude...well, you saw the result.  Sad deal to watch unfold as I always root for hometown boy.

Like Doug Greenlee, but on a larger scale.

Offline IH8LSU

• King of the Hogs
  • Puts Carts Where They Go
« Reply #515 on: April 18, 2013, 04:12:10 PM »

Wow

This is going to be a great 4 years and possibly 8.  The amount of butthurt from the left is already at glorious levels.

Offline Splurge

• Resident Wooooo-pigger
  • King of the Hogs
  • My shoes cost more than your house
« Reply #516 on: April 18, 2013, 04:24:40 PM »
Who is your brother?

I'm thinking it might just be bad sentence structure and he was meaning that he attended the SC game with his brother. 

That or Mustain and his brother got yanked off while they were at the game, in which case his brother would easily trump me on almost all of my favorite Razorback memories assuming it was by a female.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #517 on: April 18, 2013, 05:02:19 PM »
I'm thinking it might just be bad sentence structure and he was meaning that he attended the SC game with his brother. 

That or Mustain and his brother got yanked off while they were at the game, in which case his brother would easily trump me on almost all of my favorite Razorback memories assuming it was by a female.

Even if it wasn't a female, that's just a situation where he probably made sure not to look down and try and enjoy it, just for the novel of it all.

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #518 on: April 18, 2013, 05:08:12 PM »
Even if it wasn't a female, that's just a situation where he probably made sure not to look down and try and enjoy it, just for the novel of it all.
that's the method what works for me.

...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Offline notheretopaint

• Wild Hog
« Reply #519 on: April 18, 2013, 05:33:44 PM »
I don't know (or care) what reporter out LA you are reading, but it was widely discussed by his USC teammates (including ones that were his teammates at SHS and USC) that he had the talent to be the starting qb at USC, but he wasn't willing to work for the starting job whereas others were.  Bluntly, his work ethic was fricking pathetic out there. 

I've heard it stated with my own ears in off-camera discussions with his teammates and I don't claim to be anybody with some special inside knowledge.  He was used to always being the best on the field and it coming easier naturally, but he got out there and everybody was just as good if not better (considering that team had 412 5-star recruits) so the ones that worked, earned the play.  It was well-discussed on that team and in team meetings.  Despite the media whatever on Barkley, Corp, or anyone else says, he had the job in pencil on the field when camp started and proceeded to loaf, comparatively speaking.  Starkville, it was public knowledge even in Springdale.  That combined with the raw deal he got with Nutt, overbearing mother, and a generally shitty attitude...well, you saw the result.  Sad deal to watch unfold as I always root for hometown boy.

Like Doug Greenlee, but on a larger scale.

So where was this well discussed other than in off camera discussions? He wasn't given every opportunity to earn the starting job. He proved to be consistently BETTER despite what the fuck his teammates thought about his work ethic. I can't even call you a name dropper because your cool story bro is so vague and full of horsehit. Like I give two fucks what an Internet dumbass that calls himself Splurge heard with his own ears.

Offline HipHog

• Resident Racist and Pedophile
  • King of the Hogs
  • Coming soon to the semi weekly Detention report
« Reply #520 on: April 18, 2013, 05:40:58 PM »
So where was this well discussed other than in off camera discussions? He wasn't given every opportunity to earn the starting job. He proved to be consistently BETTER despite what the frick his teammates thought about his work ethic. I can't even call you a name dropper because your cool story bro is so vague and full of horsehit. Like I give two fricks what an Internet dumbass that calls himself Splurge heard with his own ears.
simmer down big boy

"I played seven years in the NBA," Mayberry said. "But nothing can take away the time I had over here playing for Coach Richardson. They were the best years of my life. Arkansas fans are the best."

Offline Humphrey BOARgart

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #521 on: April 18, 2013, 05:44:00 PM »

Did his brother yank Mustain, or did Mustain yank his brother?

Offline Trigger7672

• Boar
« Reply #522 on: April 18, 2013, 06:46:47 PM »
So where was this well discussed other than in off camera discussions? He wasn't given every opportunity to earn the starting job. He proved to be consistently BETTER despite what the fuck his teammates thought about his work ethic. I can't even call you a name dropper because your cool story bro is so vague and full of horsehit. Like I give two fucks what an Internet dumbass that calls himself Splurge heard with his own ears.

What the fuck are you so mad about? If Mustain was as good of a QB as you claim he is he would be in the NFL right now. Instead he has gone from third string USC QB, to longshot pro baseball project, to used car salesman, and now backing up a 60 year old Jeff Garcia in the Arena League. He's obviously not that good you fucking CUNTSTAIN. He wasn't good here, he wasn't good at USC, he wasn't good playing for the San Antonio Fudgepackers as a middle reliever, he couldn't sell cars for shit, he wasn't even good at selling drugs. So why the fuck are you defending him?

Offline HipHog

• Resident Racist and Pedophile
  • King of the Hogs
  • Coming soon to the semi weekly Detention report
« Reply #523 on: April 18, 2013, 06:58:57 PM »
So where was this well discussed other than in off camera discussions? He wasn't given every opportunity to earn the starting job. He proved to be consistently BETTER despite what the frick his teammates thought about his work ethic. I can't even call you a name dropper because your cool story bro is so vague and full of horsehit. Like I give two fricks what an Internet dumbass that calls himself Splurge heard with his own ears.
I get it, you were the one that yanked mustain

"I played seven years in the NBA," Mayberry said. "But nothing can take away the time I had over here playing for Coach Richardson. They were the best years of my life. Arkansas fans are the best."

Offline jeb stuart

• Tush Hog
« Reply #524 on: April 18, 2013, 08:08:01 PM »
Ignore = notheretopaint. Just to follow what was going on I read his posts, I'm a fucking genus going 346 posts back. I SOOOOO FUCKING RULE!!