Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NCAA Baseball Tournament Regionals - Hogs in Tempe  (Read 8525 times)

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • Boar
  • (.) (.)
NCAA Baseball Tournament Regionals - Hogs in Tempe
« on: May 29, 2011, 02:34:55 PM »
Bullshit.

Looks like the NCAA gave the Pac-10 way more love than it deserved.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/2011-05-29/2011-regional-hosts-announced
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 12:07:04 PM by wmr »
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline wmr

• Boar
  • (.) (.)
Re: We're not hosting - so where do we go?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 02:42:53 PM »
The most logical are Fort Worth, Austin or College Station.

Of course the MOST logical would be Fayetteville, so there's really no way in Starkville to tell right now.  Hope we don't get sent out west.

Offline Ty Webb

• Your uncle molests collies.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hog football will win 6 in '14
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 02:43:35 PM »
Frick UCLA and their 33 RPI. No way should they be hosting. If the NCAA doesn't want to give the hosting spots to the best teams (us or SMiss obvioulsy shuld have UCLA's spot) just fricking do away with the RPI and SOS aMm. Baseball America says UCLA getting a host spot with a 33 RPI is the 2nd worst ever only surpassed by Michigan at #35 getting a spot in 2008.

:bird: the NCAA.
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Offline dirtyred39

• A Shoat
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 02:44:53 PM »
Not sure how UCLA is hosting.  #14 RPI vs #33 RPI.  The top 13 in the RPI are hosting.
I don't care whether they're greek columns or second-hand steinways.  What's between em...passport to heaven.

Offline HogEnRaged

• Boar
  • Jack Bauer's Bitch
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 03:03:02 PM »
thoughts are that we are still a #1 seed but not hosting.  Either way, it's BS!

Offline HogTat

• It's in my nature
  • Boar
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 03:06:20 PM »
"Hosts announced - just one surprise: Pac-10 champ #UCLA gets the nod over #Arkansas. Kudos to committee for looking past RPI."

frick Aaron Fitt in his goat ass, too. 
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in confederacy against him.

Offline Ty Webb

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 03:08:08 PM »
thoughts are that we are still a #1 seed but not hosting.  Either way, it's BS!
This would be even more bizarre to me because the NCAA would then be missing out on 7K+ in attendence $$$ for each Hog game and 2K+ in other games. I doubt UCLA has over 2-3K for any game.

Online Jostlyn McCocksack

• Suck my cock I'll murder your family!!!-jacki mhoon
  • King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 03:45:59 PM »
So I am assuming that everyone thinks we go to a super regional with ease? Baseball's RPI ranking is not as sharp as other sports IMO....baseball is an up and down sport.  I could give two shits less...if we are that good, we will advance. 
"Coaches who listen to fans often end up sitting with them."
Bobby Knight

Offline Ty Webb

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 03:58:24 PM »
So I am assuming that everyone thinks we go to a super regional with ease? Baseball's RPI ranking is not as sharp as other sports IMO....baseball is an up and down sport.  I could give two shits less...if we are that good, we will advance.  
A home regional with this young, scrappy team was needed to probably advance. It will be tough on them to go on the road and win.

If you could give 2 shits about it there's no need to post on the subject now is there?

Offline HOGGLY WOGGLY

• Shitter's Full
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 03:59:15 PM »
Pitiful baseball stadium.

Offline HogTat

• It's in my nature
  • Boar
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2011, 04:07:19 PM »
Well, if they send them up to Oregon State, they're be at least one loud Hog fan.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 08:39:14 PM by HogTat »
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in confederacy against him.

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2011, 04:53:58 PM »
I think we're a 2. The only thing they could have knocked us for would be conference record, which at 15 wins would be lower than they would usually award with a host.

UCLA may be hosting as a 2, but if we're the 1 they send out there...well the NCAA is more fricking retarded than we've feared.

This should put to bed any arguments for good that money matters to the NCAA in handing out host spots. If it mattered at all, we'd be hosting.

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2011, 04:56:40 PM »
Also by not having us host, they are completely without a host in the Mid-South/ Mid-West. Yet you will have people say with a straight face every year that there should be a Northeast host and they should spread them out. I'm fine with them giving the top 16 teams host spots provided they have the facilities, but they should stop acting like they want these things to be regional.

Offline Hackfuck McDouche

• With a name like Hackfuck, it has to be Good
  • King of the Hogs
  • BASEBALL GENIUS
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2011, 05:25:07 PM »
This some bullshit right here.

Offline Hog Up

• Baggo Champion of the World
  • Boar
  • You're a daisy if you do
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 07:40:28 PM »
How about 5 ACC teams?  Rice looked like Kentucky last night v Houston.  Ridiculous.  Is the NCAA trying to pretend to those paying attention that hey are NOT the same money-grubbing sluts that allow the 5 Ohio State rule-breakers to play in the Sugar Bowl?

Like Ty Webb said, we needed a "throw-off" game against a #4 like Deleware in the first round so we could throw anyone but Baxendale in that game. 

However, I still remember Norman a few years back....
Let's see...we had our head coach scaling the tower to lead the band while his afflicted little brother was groping an inflatable Hog. Meanwhile, our offensive coordinator, decried by some as "too high school" to work in the Southeastern Conference, was probably back in his office penning another tome about the logistics of the hurry-up no-huddle.  -- Red Red Swine  Sept 24, 2006

Offline Ham Malone

• Tush Hog
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2011, 07:49:05 PM »
This some bullshit.
819 F.2d 451

Offline wmr

• Boar
  • (.) (.)

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2011, 10:27:31 PM »
I could give two shits less...

Then how about a big ol' glass of shut the frick up then?

Offline Hardpork

• Wild Hog
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2011, 11:18:49 PM »
Could not hosting a regional be some weird contrived attempt by our athletic department to avoid playing another in-state school?  Cause you know the NCAA would send UALR to Fayetteville.

I remember a few years ago we pulled out of some early season baseball tournament in Dallas or Minnesota or somewhere because Frank & Company found out the ASU Indians would be there.

I am sick and tired of our pussified athletic department.  Put the in-state teams on the schedule and beat the piss out of them!

Offline Hog Up

• Baggo Champion of the World
  • Boar
  • You're a daisy if you do
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2011, 11:21:29 PM »
Could not hosting a regional be some weird contrived attempt by our athletic department to avoid playing another in-state school? 

No.

We'd better be in Ft Worth
Let's see...we had our head coach scaling the tower to lead the band while his afflicted little brother was groping an inflatable Hog. Meanwhile, our offensive coordinator, decried by some as "too high school" to work in the Southeastern Conference, was probably back in his office penning another tome about the logistics of the hurry-up no-huddle.  -- Red Red Swine  Sept 24, 2006

Offline PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2011, 11:27:02 PM »
This is some bullshit
I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. fricking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the aMm men fantasize about.

Offline Hardpork

• Wild Hog
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2011, 11:55:34 PM »
Maybe we go to Houston.

Offline ups_hog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2011, 12:20:34 AM »
This is some bullshit.  I want us to be a #1 seed because I know it's better for our chances, but if we are it will piss me off even more.

Offline Ty Webb

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2011, 12:38:38 AM »
Maybe we go to Houston.
This is now what I want as well. UCLA has 2 starting pitcher's who are 1st round top 10 draft picks, TCU has 2 starting pitcher's who are both 1st round top 20 types. Texas is Texas, always with a ton of pitching.

Houston or College Station looks to be our best chance, matchup wise, to me. Maybe in a wierd way this will harden our young team for a huge run next year. Go on the road now and see what we happens and good or bad, in the long run we'll be better off for the experience.

All that said, this is bullshit.

Offline BoarlissWilliamson

• Boar
  • Infected with the brain eating amoeba since 2006
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2011, 02:04:30 AM »
Could not hosting a regional be some weird contrived attempt by our athletic department to avoid playing another in-state school?  Cause you know the NCAA would send UALR to Fayetteville.

I remember a few years ago we pulled out of some early season baseball tournament in Dallas or Minnesota or somewhere because Frank & Company found out the ASU Indians would be there.

I am sick and tired of our pussified athletic department.  Put the in-state teams on the schedule and beat the piss out of them!

Nice try blaming our athletic department for us not hosting.   ???  However, UALR hadn't received their slot in the NCAA tournament until this evening when they beat FIU in their conference tournament.  Since the host sites were announced this afternoon, I doubt our "pussified" athletic department would turn down hosting because UALR *might* play in Fayetteville if they won today. 

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.32 seconds with 20 queries.