Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Conference Chaos/Rumblings...  (Read 111750 times)

Offline Old P. Hartt

• The P is for Phunk
  • Tush Hog
  • Atomic Dog
Re: Conference Chaos/Rumblings...
« Reply #375 on: November 08, 2011, 12:51:58 PM »

Offline bigfathog

• A Shoat
« Reply #376 on: November 08, 2011, 01:42:12 PM »
You might need to look at a map there Hoss.

Seriously.

Well I B shit.

Mizzou would be better for Arkansas in the West.  Goole directions is my friend...

Offline Turd F.

• Very Stable Genius
  • Boar
Nick Cave: "I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the fuck is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers.”

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #378 on: December 06, 2011, 12:47:23 PM »
officially official:

Boise St and San Diego St will join for Big East football only.

SMU, Central Florida and Houston for all sports.

The Big East is adding in the hopes of keeping an Auto Bid...a month after BCS movers and shakers announce they're talking about doing away with Auto Births, and only deciding #1 v #2
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline Southern Yeoman

• Wild Hog
« Reply #379 on: December 06, 2011, 01:41:38 PM »
officially official:

Boise St and San Diego St will join for Big East football only.

SMU, Central Florida and Houston for all sports.

The Big East is adding in the hopes of keeping an Auto Bid...a month after BCS movers and shakers announce they're talking about doing away with Auto Births, and only deciding #1 v #2

Well, somebody has to go to all those credit union, tater, and hungry bowls out yonder.

Offline Cerdo

• Despacito
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #380 on: January 18, 2012, 10:50:28 PM »
Arkansas is "on the table" to become Mizzou's divisional crossover rival in the Southeastern Conference, and the SEC is hopeful that St. Louis and Kansas City will bid for future men's and women's conference basketball tournaments, SEC transition chair Larry Templeton said Monday at Mizzou Arena.

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/arkansas-might-be-mu-s-sec-crossover-rival/article_63453a22-6c81-59dd-9aa6-2e1c5ae78c6f.html#ixzz1jsPG4CHL

Offline Turd F.

• Very Stable Genius
  • Boar
« Reply #381 on: January 18, 2012, 10:55:18 PM »
Arkansas is "on the table" to become Mizzou's divisional crossover rival in the Southeastern Conference, and the SEC is hopeful that St. Louis and Kansas City will bid for future men's and women's conference basketball tournaments, SEC transition chair Larry Templeton said Monday at Mizzou Arena.

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/arkansas-might-be-mu-s-sec-crossover-rival/article_63453a22-6c81-59dd-9aa6-2e1c5ae78c6f.html#ixzz1jsPG4CHL

Good. It's only logical that if we're not in the same division that we are cross division rivals. Plus they already really hate us for what we're doing them in recruiting and for taking MA.
Nick Cave: "I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the fuck is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers.”

Offline Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #382 on: January 19, 2012, 12:07:09 AM »
Good. It's only logical that if we're not in the same division that we are cross division rivals. Plus they already really hate us for what we're doing them in recruiting and for taking MA.

And for that knee in the junk that Oliver Miller gave Doug Williams back in '90.

Offline Turd F.

• Very Stable Genius
  • Boar
« Reply #383 on: February 07, 2012, 01:46:50 PM »
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/07/report-big-east-memphis-working-toward-2013-membership/

Memphis will be a full-sport member and they're in the final stages of negotiation.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #384 on: February 07, 2012, 02:02:42 PM »
If Memphis is meant to be the plug that keeps your sinking ship afloat, you might want to put on your life vest.
I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Online chittlins

• Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
  • King of the Hogs
  • It's a two sniff league
« Reply #385 on: February 07, 2012, 02:20:42 PM »
Memphis knows not what they do. It'll hurt them in the wins column on the basketball side(their one true sport) and if they couldn'd  field a competitive football squad in the CUSA and having lost three of the last four against Howling an Shit how in the hell will they now. Memphis thinks it belongs with Louisville and to a lesser extent Cincy. Trouble is those two don't give two farts about Memphis and are both wanting Longhorn Conference membership.

Offline Turd F.

• Very Stable Genius
  • Boar
« Reply #386 on: February 07, 2012, 02:24:34 PM »
Maybe they'll put more into their football program now that their AD is retiring. From everything I read, he's never cared at all about football and has directed everything towards the basketball program.

Online chittlins

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #387 on: February 07, 2012, 03:14:35 PM »
Maybe they'll put more into their football program now that their AD is retiring. From everything I read, he's never cared at all about football and has directed everything towards the basketball program.

What money? Their fundraising for football is shit and has always been shit. They are dependant on the city government for liberty bowl improvements which laughable given current state of affairs there.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #388 on: February 07, 2012, 05:11:33 PM »
What money? Their fundraising for football is aMm and has always been aMm. They are dependant on the city government for liberty bowl improvements which laughable given current state of affairs there.
When the AD is pushing all of the money towards basketball, why the Starkville would anyone donate to football?

I know for a fact two things.

Memphis has made efforts towards its own on-campus facility. Not much yet, but even the prospect of such would improve the program two-fold almost immediately.

They would not suck worse by moving to the Big East. Maybe in the first year or two, but they'd step up their game just like Louisville, Cincinnati and USF did.

Now, would they ever be a threat to our program?
No, not at this rate. A threat to Tennessee or Ole Miss/Miss State? They're more worried about Vanderbilt...  about ten-fold more.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 05:14:56 PM by Stephen Colboar »
I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline jsimp

• Boar
« Reply #389 on: February 07, 2012, 05:13:13 PM »
howlin to conference usa?

Online chittlins

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #390 on: February 07, 2012, 07:21:18 PM »
When the AD is pushing all of the money towards basketball, why the Starkville would anyone donate to football?

I know for a fact two things.

Memphis has made efforts towards its own on-campus facility. Not much yet, but even the prospect of such would improve the program two-fold almost immediately.

They would not suck worse by moving to the Big East. Maybe in the first year or two, but they'd step up their game just like Louisville, Cincinnati and USF did.

Now, would they ever be a threat to our program?
No, not at this rate. A threat to Tennessee or Ole Miss/Miss State? They're more worried about Vanderbilt...  about ten-fold more.

Louisville er....... John L and Bobby had stepped up Louisville's game during a nice run preceding the Big East invite. Schenlenbooger had going once before as well before jumping to Miami.

The on campus stadium is a pipedream. It will never happen for a multitude of reasons. Memphis has done some work to the LB turning what once was LibertyLand to a tailgating area

I rather have kept the Zippin Pippin.

They got a new weightroom (but not in our league) but have yet to fully fund an indoor practice field

By the Way, all that is at the south campus and not at the main campus
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 07:24:16 PM by chittlins »

Online chittlins

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #391 on: February 12, 2012, 10:33:23 AM »
Honus "The Dude" Sneed reports Clemson & FSU have formed committees to explore the feasability of leaving the ACC for the Big 12 and are expected to reach a decision by late summer.

The Big 12 conference will put its expansion plans on hiatus while Clemson and FSU decide to apply for membership or stay with the ACC.

Talks between the two schools and the Big 12 began late last fall and continued after the completion of the 2011 season. Recently  both schools have formed committees to examine the advantages and disadvantages of leaving the ACC for the Big 12 and expect to reach a decision by late summer.

Chief among their concerns are travel costs and the prospect of increased revenues resulting from Big 12 membership. Clemson and FSU officials have told the Big 12 that the projected increase of ACC revenues resulting from the addition of Pittsburgh and Syracuse falls short of what Big 12 teams currently receive.

Reportedly Big 12 members receive just over $17 million per team in annual TV rights while the ACC projects TV revenues will increase to $16 per team after Pittsburgh and Syracuse join the conference.

The Big 12 provided Clemson and FSU financial projections with estimates of each member’s share of annual revenues in excess of $35 million per team – more than double ACC projections -- after the tier 1 TV contract is reworked.

The increase in revenues would allow Clemson and FSU to keep up with the spending by their SEC neighbors and in-state rivals.

Rumored invitations to Louisville and BYU are on hold until Clemson and FSU decide to apply for membership.

Online BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
« Reply #392 on: February 12, 2012, 11:12:10 AM »
Honus "The Dude" Sneed reports Clemson & FSU have formed committees to explore the feasability of leaving the ACC for the Big 12 and are expected to reach a decision by late summer.

The Big 12 conference will put its expansion plans on hiatus while Clemson and FSU decide to apply for membership or stay with the ACC.

Talks between the two schools and the Big 12 began late last fall and continued after the completion of the 2011 season. Recently  both schools have formed committees to examine the advantages and disadvantages of leaving the ACC for the Big 12 and expect to reach a decision by late summer.

Chief among their concerns are travel costs and the prospect of increased revenues resulting from Big 12 membership. Clemson and FSU officials have told the Big 12 that the projected increase of ACC revenues resulting from the addition of Pittsburgh and Syracuse falls short of what Big 12 teams currently receive.

Reportedly Big 12 members receive just over $17 million per team in annual TV rights while the ACC projects TV revenues will increase to $16 per team after Pittsburgh and Syracuse join the conference.

The Big 12 provided Clemson and FSU financial projections with estimates of each member’s share of annual revenues in excess of $35 million per team – more than double ACC projections -- after the tier 1 TV contract is reworked.

The increase in revenues would allow Clemson and FSU to keep up with the spending by their SEC neighbors and in-state rivals.

bet those two are having a little buyer's remorse over not joining the SEC.  if not yet, they will after we renegotiate our tv deals (current contracts have out/renegotiate clauses dealing specifically with conference membership changes) and see what they could have saved on travel.  the sec, for the near future, will always out do any other conference when it comes to tv money. 
Drives in the left lane with the hammer down.

Offline Turd F.

• Very Stable Genius
  • Boar
« Reply #393 on: February 12, 2012, 11:32:22 AM »
bet those two are having a little buyer's remorse over not joining the SEC.  if not yet, they will after we renegotiate our tv deals (current contracts have out/renegotiate clauses dealing specifically with conference membership changes) and see what they could have saved on travel.  the sec, for the near future, will always out do any other conference when it comes to tv money.

I don't think Clemson and FSU were ever offered due to having SEC teams already in those states? I think it would be a dumb move. Doesn't make any geographical sense and they'd lose a few traditional rivalries. Not only that, but those fans aren't driving to Big 12 country for games. 

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #394 on: February 12, 2012, 12:07:47 PM »
Maybe in a few years we can trade tamu & mizu to the Texas League for FSU and Clemson.  Hey....
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline Turd F.

• Very Stable Genius
  • Boar
« Reply #395 on: February 13, 2012, 04:00:01 PM »
Takes place in 2013. 16 teams currently but might expand to 24, although I doubt it will involve 24 football teams.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/13/mwc-c-usa-to-dissolve-form-one-conference/

Air Force (MWC)
Colorado State (MWC)
East Carolina (C-USA)
Fresno State (MWC)
Hawaii (MWC)
Marshall (C-USA)
New Mexico (MWC)
Nevada (MWC)
Rice (C-USA)
Southern Miss (C-USA)
Tulane (C-USA)
Tulsa (C-USA)
UAB (C-USA)
UNLV (MWC)
UTEP (C-USA)
Wyoming (MWC)

Offline HogTuba

• 加油猪!
  • A Shoat
« Reply #396 on: February 13, 2012, 04:26:57 PM »
I rather have kept the Zippin Pippin.

Liberty Land was both the worst and greatest thing in my childhood.  I was surprised as hell when they took it down.

It was like Memphis distilled to a theme park: Sounds like a great idea, but if you actually go to it, you're probably going to get a disease.
"A beautiful sense of anger, a fury full of pride."

Offline HogTuba

• 加油猪!
  • A Shoat
« Reply #397 on: February 14, 2012, 12:10:47 PM »
"A beautiful sense of anger, a fury full of pride."

Offline TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #398 on: February 14, 2012, 12:21:40 PM »
Oof. That's gonna leave a mark. Finally, something of Clay Travis' I can actually read.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline asshat

• not just any asshat
  • Boar
  • Hates all things Auburn
« Reply #399 on: February 14, 2012, 02:35:18 PM »
Texas - all cat
A fucking for the AGES. Gutless motherfuckers every one of them, from the replay man to the entire officials crew.  May the faggot, cowardly bastards rot in hell.  Gutless fucking pussies.

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 33 queries.