Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hogs - Tide media pre-game fodder  (Read 7188 times)

Offline bigghurtt

• An elder statesman of nonsense, if you will.
  • King of the Hogs
Re: Hogs - Tide media pre-game fodder
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2011, 01:37:39 PM »
I don't believe Arkansas was underwhelming the last couple of weeks because they were hiding aMm.  I firmly believe that they weren't playing with 100% on the field, because, hey, c'mon, it's fricking New Mexico and Troy, and Bammer is comin.  Petrino may or may not be ok with that, but it's still 18-23 year old kids.

I think matchups are more important than style of wins or recruiting stars or any of that other aMm.  We may give up a couple scores to Bammer, but I bet we score more.  At the end of the day, they still have to outscore us to win.

Ark 31
Bammer 17

Ark D - Bama (O + ST) > Bama D - Ark(O + ST)

We're better than they are.
This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Offline nobu

• A Shoat
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2011, 01:52:11 PM »
The rest of the SEC says Arkansas is replacing an all world QB, TE, and RB. Plus replacing 3 on the OL and have to start a Freshman at LEFT fricking tackle. How can they be as good as last year?

Just playing devils advocate here.

Good point, But I would say this. The BIG difference between Alabama and Arkansas is that now arkansas is a "System". That dreaded word in college football. Arkansas is now at the point that Louisville was at and teams with superior coaches such as Boise ST. We recruit across the board similar types of talent. Many guys can play offence or defense in fact. Arkansas is a "system". And like in all systems we can suffer the loss of a Mallet (not so much a knile, ill admit) loss of WRs, loss of TE. We have guys that are prepared from the superior high speed/intensity practices and we have an offense in place that does not require the greatest talents in the world to win. We have a superior system.

Arkansas is now a "System". The bad part of this is in the future our QBs will be dissed in heismen talks because of being in a "system" etc etc.

The good about this is, our losses last year do not hurt us as bad as Bamers losses. They have ONE go to receiver. ONE go to rb, and one very sub-par QB. Our guys have just steppedup into the roles and we have not missed much of a beat.

The play of a freshman tackle does bother me though. They are going to really test him I bet. But the thing is, our system can handle this. I promise you Coach P has plays in to move the QB around and short passes and runs up the middle, setting up a good playaction.

I even think that all of those Joe adams runs were a set up for this weekend. I think They had to prepare for joe coming around for a handoff. And in fact Joe will be coming around to chip block and help the freshman tackle AFTER a fake handoff.

But we will all see. I'm ready for game time! go hogs! Im majig cooolaided up!

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2011, 01:54:11 PM »
Alabama lives on reputation.  Always.  In every respect, not just football.  But that's another story.

What else does that horrible state have, other than football?

George Wallace?
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline hogggdadi

• Tush Hog
  • I'm watching you on the pig. always
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2011, 01:59:34 PM »
Good point, But I would say this. The BIG difference between Alabama and Arkansas is that now arkansas is a "System". That dreaded word in college football. Arkansas is now at the point that Louisville was at and teams with superior coaches such as Boise ST. We recruit across the board similar types of talent. Many guys can play offence or defense in fact. Arkansas is a "system". And like in all systems we can suffer the loss of a Mallet (not so much a knile, ill admit) loss of WRs, loss of TE. We have guys that are prepared from the superior high speed/intensity practices and we have an offense in place that does not require the greatest talents in the world to win. We have a superior system.

Arkansas is now a "System". The bad part of this is in the future our QBs will be dissed in heismen talks because of being in a "system" etc etc.

The good about this is, our losses last year do not hurt us as bad as Bamers losses. They have ONE go to receiver. ONE go to rb, and one very sub-par QB. Our guys have just steppedup into the roles and we have not missed much of a beat.

The play of a freshman tackle does bother me though. They are going to really test him I bet. But the thing is, our system can handle this. I promise you Coach P has plays in to move the QB around and short passes and runs up the middle, setting up a good playaction.

I even think that all of those Joe adams runs were a set up for this weekend. I think They had to prepare for joe coming around for a handoff. And in fact Joe will be coming around to chip block and help the freshman tackle AFTER a fake handoff.

But we will all see. I'm ready for game time! go hogs! Im majig cooolaided up!

Jimmy 4 times.  So are we a system?

FYI from the ESPN blogs, still no word on Bequette, whether he practiced yesterday or not.  Petrino won't say.  Teh Petrion is keeping things secret.  ;D
You only have to be the best team today.

Offline BigDavis

• Squirrel hater
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2011, 02:02:29 PM »
Jimmy 4 times.  So are we a system?

FYI from the ESPN blogs, still no word on Bequette, whether he practiced yesterday or not.  Petrino won't say.  Teh Petrion is keeping things secret.  ;D

Someone either Bahn or Biddy or one of those guys said they saw him practicing.

Offline BoarlissWilliamson

• Boar
  • Infected with the brain eating amoeba since 2006
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2011, 02:13:13 PM »
Someone either Bahn or Biddy or one of those guys said they saw him practicing.

Yesterday @NWAMatt Matt Jones
Receivers Jarius Wright and Greg Childs, and defensive end Jake Bequette were back at practice for Arkansas today. All missed the Troy game.

Offline ElvisHog

• Where have you gone Walter Cronkite, and why have you been replaced by the likes of woopig.net?
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2011, 02:16:06 PM »
I've watched part of Petrino's press conference on Monday...I'm going to watch the rest and make some notes.

One thing jumped out at me. He was asked if Alabama's offense was more conservative due to a lack of experience. He said no...that they're probably doing some things where they're preparing for our game...and that's the thing you wonder about in this game. What is it that they've shown...and what is it that they're really going to do?

You HAVE to know that if he's thinking that's what they're doing...then we're doing the exact same thing. We haven't seen a lot of what we can do.

He said that there's a big difference in our mindset now as opposed to two years ago when we said we were ready...and acted like we were ready, but deep down inside they didn't feel like they could win. And when you feel like that, you get what you see with a lot of teams against Alabama. You miss assignments, you drop balls, you trip on a line, you're out of your comfort zone and you don't play football like you can. Last year's game helped with our confidence...but we've got to go out and show it on the field and prove to each other that we can win the game.

He also said the Troy game was very good for us...that we needed to be in a situation where things aren't going well for us...to see how the players respond. For them to realize that things aren't always going to go as planned. Helps them later on in the season.

Offline LaMoHog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2011, 02:22:45 PM »

Wilson fumbles/int's which relates to:

OL protection and
Secondary on the deep balls.

I'd add Wingo to this list. Most of the times he runs, he's looking for a place to land, and if he's letting Missouri State, the Lobos and Troy affect him like that, then he may aMm the bed and fumble in Tuscaloosa. I don't think anyone else will be overly intimidated but Wingo.

Offline BigDavis

• Squirrel hater
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2011, 02:25:02 PM »
As if there wasn't enough riding on this game for us here is an article about how historically the loser of this game is out of the race as soon as it begins... with the exception of 2002 when they were on probation.

http://news.tidefans.com/2011/09/20/alabama-vs-arkansas-the-trendsetter-rivalry/

Offline sneaky_love

• A Shoat
  • Exsperminate
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2011, 02:28:04 PM »
What else does that horrible state have, other than football?

George Wallace?

I wasn't trying to imply that there were positive aspects to Alabama's reputation other than football, only that its reputation overtakes whatever horrible reality is on the ground there, good or bad.  Overwhelmingly bad.

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2011, 02:50:50 PM »

I think matchups are more important than style of wins or recruiting stars or any of that other aMm.  We may give up a couple scores to Bammer, but I bet we score more.  At the end of the day, they still have to outscore us to win.

At least you didn't break this down to 5*'s vs. 3*'s.
AYFSM?

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2011, 03:07:55 PM »
I've been a Razorback fan for 39 years and all during that time Arkansas just doesn't win games like this.  Oh sure they'll pull a big upset from time to time but when the game actually means something big they don't.  Maybe one of these days Petrino turns it around and Arkansas starts winning these but until that happens I have no hope they win.
Homies help homes.......always

Offline BigDavis

• Squirrel hater
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2011, 03:11:40 PM »
I've been a Razorback fan for 39 years and all during that time Arkansas just doesn't win games like this.  Oh sure they'll pull a big upset from time to time but when the game actually means something big they don't.  Maybe one of these days Petrino turns it around and Arkansas starts winning these but until that happens I have no hope they win.

This  :'(

Offline APhiOHog

• My little fairy tale book is better than yours.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Bloozocky.
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2011, 03:21:20 PM »
What Phat Hawg said. We'll play just well enough and make it just close enough that will be even more heartbreaking when we inevitably lose.

Offline HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2011, 03:25:37 PM »

No better day to start than Saturday.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2011, 03:26:53 PM »

We all said that during the run up to LSU. 

At the end of the season when we "came so close" against Bama, and then again "came so close" against Auburn.  People were just throwing their hands up saying "We're Arkansas. If we win, we go to the Sugar Bowl. Therefore, we'll lose."

And we whipped them up and down the field.
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline Old Dirty Boarstard

• Boar
  • quack
« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2011, 03:32:24 PM »
As if there wasn't enough riding on this game for us here is an article about how historically the loser of this game is out of the race as soon as it begins... with the exception of 2002 when they were on probation.

http://news.tidefans.com/2011/09/20/alabama-vs-arkansas-the-trendsetter-rivalry/

DO NOT read this article if you hate Alabama for any of the said reasons in this post http://woopig.net/board/index.php/topic,76602.msg1418415.html#msg1418415

Offline sainthog

• A Shoat
  • 77/88
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2011, 04:37:57 PM »
No better day to start than Saturday.

:beer:

Offline Floridahogboy

• A Shoat
« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2011, 04:47:20 PM »
 HOGS WIN!

I tell you that imagination creates reality and I ask you to imagine a state, any state, which would imply the fulfillment of your desire.

It doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks; it's what you think that matters to you!

If you create a scene which implies the fulfillment of your desire and dwell in it until you have an inner conviction that it is real, what does it matter what another thinks?    Neville Goddard

Offline ElvisHog

• Where have you gone Walter Cronkite, and why have you been replaced by the likes of woopig.net?
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #94 on: September 21, 2011, 05:23:39 PM »

Offline aNiMaL

• Selling The Drama daily
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2011, 06:01:10 PM »
I'm not even sure why we're even sending a team over there. I'd just assume they stay at home and paint.  :sarcasm:
And so it was that later
As the miller told his tale
That her face, at first just ghostly,
Turned a whiter shade of pale

Offline BigDavis

• Squirrel hater
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2011, 06:37:43 PM »
One thing that I hadn't considered is an extremely low scoring game in which we win something like 17-10 or 20-17 because in the past we just haven't been built to win games like that. Maybe now are are capable of winning a grinder like that.

The way I see it, their defense is going to make things extremely tough for us... but their offense isn't scary at all and plays right into our hands.

Offline hogggdadi

• Tush Hog
  • I'm watching you on the pig. always
« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2011, 07:07:04 PM »
Keep that thinking up BD. I said at the start of the thread 21-17. I agree, we will have a real challenge, but I do like our chances. We've won 5 in a row as the 14th ranked team, & we are 20-5 overall at 14. You gotta believe. It's ok to believe. Better to have loved & lost than never loved at all. Just ask yourself, do you believe in the Petrion?  Well, do ya!  Gimme a he'll yeah! 

If you want to see the Petrion kick some ass, gimme a he'll yeah!  3:16.

That's the bottom line, cause SC said so.
You only have to be the best team today.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2011, 07:23:55 PM »
Keep that thinking up BD. I said at the start of the thread 21-17. I agree, we will have a real challenge, but I do like our chances. We've won 5 in a row as the 14th ranked team, & we are 20-5 overall at 14. You gotta believe. It's ok to believe. Better to have loved & lost than never loved at all. Just ask yourself, do you believe in the Petrion?  Well, do ya!  Gimme a he'll yeah! 

If you want to see the Petrion kick some ass, gimme a he'll yeah!  3:16.

That's the bottom line, cause SC said so.

We've won 5 in a row?

What the frick are you smoking?

Offline BigDavis

• Squirrel hater
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2011, 07:29:21 PM »
We've won 5 in a row?

What the frick are you smoking?

"While ranked 14th"

That's like saying "we're undefeated when playing in 74 degree weather"

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.276 seconds with 22 queries.