Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register.

Author Topic: Here's the Server Story  (Read 46099 times)

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Wild Hog
Re: Here's the Server Story
« Reply #100 on: October 13, 2011, 11:04:33 AM »
Try this.  Click on "Profile" at the top left of the page.  When that new screen pops up, see if there is a button on the top right that looks kind of like two arrows pointing to the left      <<      in a box.  If so, click on that, then you should be able to go and update your profile again to Woopig 4.  You should be able to do it in "Look and Layout"

Offline HogEnRaged

• Boar
  • Jack Bauer's Bitch
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2011, 11:07:57 AM »
Boar, right there with you.  can't dowload a new browser at work so stuck with some profile pictures having a big x instead of the pic.  My work is stupid. 

Offline TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2011, 11:15:33 AM »
Well, I'm using Google Chrome, and those two things are showing up for me.  Are you on a PC or Mac, or are you using an iPad?

Have you tried the reboot option?

I'm on a Samsung Netbook.

What's the reboot option?

Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline Boar Bidet

• I need fity dollars to make you holler.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Formerly known as Swahili Steve
« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2011, 11:17:21 AM »
This must be the issue for me.  The resident Nazis have us locked into IE 8 and I can't install Chrome behind our firewall.  Everything looked good this morning on Chrome on a Mac before I left home.
we must work for the same nazis :bird:

Offline ups_hog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2011, 11:19:23 AM »
Everything is fine on Woopig4 for me except that there's nothing in the box under my messages where my avatar and time logged in would be showing up.  Not a big deal, but it's there in the core theme. I'm on Safari on a Mac.

EDIT... Also just realized that some of the avatars aren't showing up.  I'm not bitching though, this thing is running fast.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 11:22:56 AM by ups_hog »

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Wild Hog
« Reply #105 on: October 13, 2011, 11:20:19 AM »
I'm on a Samsung Netbook.

What's the reboot option?
Turn off. Turn on. On the iPad I had to do what I described about 2 or 3 posts up about your profile.

Offline Boar Bidet

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #106 on: October 13, 2011, 11:21:37 AM »
Try this.  Click on "Profile" at the top left of the page.  When that new screen pops up, see if there is a button on the top right that looks kind of like two arrows pointing to the left      <<      in a box.  If so, click on that, then you should be able to go and update your profile again to Woopig 4.  You should be able to do it in "Look and Layout"
This didn't work either  :(  Guess I'll just have to deal with it while here at work.  Thanks for your help anyways

Offline Pork Soda

• Smood. Like, eh, drinkin' a pig.
  • Boar
« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2011, 11:23:48 AM »
This didn't work either  :(  Guess I'll just have to deal with it while here at work.  Thanks for your help anyways

Same here.  I doubt we work for the same Nazis, but Nazis is Nazis.  This blue shit is ugly.

Offline VerotiK

• Inventor of Kitten Mittens
  • King of the Hogs
  • All over your face
« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2011, 11:27:58 AM »
This must be the issue for me.  The resident Nazis have us locked into IE 8 and I can't install Chrome behind our firewall.  Everything looked good this morning on Chrome on a Mac before I left home.

Not sure what the problem is with you guys.  Im running IE9 and having now issues.  Ran IE8 on another machine, no issues.  Must be your works and stuff.

If your woman is hideous, well, maybe don't come talk to me.  --Cerdo 2011

Offline One Quarter

• SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
  • King of the Hogs
  • I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT
« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2011, 11:28:57 AM »
It's not workplaces or browsers.  I've tried Safari 5.1.1, Chrome 14.0.835.202, Firefox 7.0.1, and Mobile Safari iOS 5 over WiFi and 3G.  I've reset browsers and switched between the theme options.  These are the consistent problems:

About 1/2 of avatars aren't loading (e.g., HOGGLY WOGGLY, Hogtired, 501 Hawgz, libertyhog, Boar Bidet in this thread).  The "Welcome" area is missing, and the PM notification is missing the word "messages".  Element spacing and font sizes display inconsistently across the browsers.

Offline Hawg_Good

• Wild Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2011, 11:30:33 AM »
It's not workplaces or browsers.  I've tried Safari 5.1.1, Chrome 14.0.835.202, Firefox 7.0.1, and Mobile Safari iOS 5 over WiFi and 3G.  I've reset browsers and switched between the theme options.  These are the consistent problems:

About 1/2 of avatars aren't loading (e.g., HOGGLY WOGGLY, Hogtired, 501 Hawgz, libertyhog, Boar Bidet in this thread).  The "Welcome" area is missing, and the PM notification is missing the word "messages".  Element spacing and font sizes display inconsistently across the browsers.

Same here.  Running Firefox, and these are all of the same problems I'm having.

Offline One Quarter

• SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
  • King of the Hogs
  • I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT
« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2011, 11:33:43 AM »
For those whose avatars aren't showing, I got mine to work by uploading a new one.

Offline Filthy_McSwine

• Boar
« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2011, 11:37:24 AM »
For those whose avatars aren't showing, I got mine to work by uploading a new one.

same here.

Offline Pork Soda

• Boar
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2011, 11:40:48 AM »

It's way worse than this for me.  I get almost no formatting and almost no images when I use Woopig4. 

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2011, 11:50:37 AM »
Check your hosts file and make sure there are no entries for Woopig in there.

Offline One Quarter

• SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
  • King of the Hogs
  • I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT
« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2011, 11:57:07 AM »

Definitely no such entries for me.

Offline Pork Soda

• Boar
« Reply #116 on: October 13, 2011, 11:57:36 AM »

If this was directed at me, I have no such entry in my hosts file.

Offline Boar Bidet

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #117 on: October 13, 2011, 12:02:16 PM »
It's way worse than this for me.  I get almost no formatting and almost no images when I use Woopig4.
no shit.  this is f'ed up.  i'm glad i'm not the only one having issues.  I can't view my own avatar or any of the ones mentioned above either but some do show.

Offline VerotiK

• King of the Hogs
  • All over your face
« Reply #118 on: October 13, 2011, 12:29:12 PM »
Can one of you who are having the problem open the page, click view source, save it as a txt file and attach it here please.

Offline Boar Bidet

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #119 on: October 13, 2011, 12:33:24 PM »
Can one of you who are having the problem open the page, click view source, save it as a txt file and attach it here please.
Here ya go...the first is looking at the Razorback Discussion page, the second is viewing this particular thread.

Offline ElvisHog

• Where have you gone Walter Cronkite, and why have you been replaced by the likes of woopig.net?
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #120 on: October 13, 2011, 12:35:53 PM »
There's an issue with some attachments. Not sure what it is...but that same problem is affecting some avatars. This was a big move...and an upgrade to the SMF software. We'll try to fix the attachments, but it's entirely possible that it can't be fixed.

So...if you don't see your avatar, upload a new one.

And screenshots, like PorkSoda posted, are helpful. For him, it looks like the stylesheet isn't loading at all. Going to change something I noticed last night when messing with the stylesheets. Maybe it will fix it.

Offline Pork Soda

• Boar
« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2011, 12:36:57 PM »
Here ya go...the first is looking at the Razorback Discussion page, the second is viewing this particular thread.

I think I might see why I can't see the theme. 
var smf_theme_url = "http://72.167.55.110/board/Themes/enterprise_smf20final"

Our internet filters won't let me load anything from an 'unknown' website, and raw IP addresses are deemed unknown in all cases for some reason. 

Offline VerotiK

• King of the Hogs
  • All over your face
« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2011, 12:37:10 PM »
Go ahead and try it now.

Offline VerotiK

• King of the Hogs
  • All over your face
« Reply #123 on: October 13, 2011, 12:37:40 PM »

Our internet filters won't let me load anything from an 'unknown' website, and raw IP addresses are deemed unknown in all cases for some reason.

Right, thats what i saw too and its fixed.  Try refreshing and see if it works now.

Offline ElvisHog

• Where have you gone Walter Cronkite, and why have you been replaced by the likes of woopig.net?
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #124 on: October 13, 2011, 12:40:05 PM »

That's what I noticed last night and just changed. Just said to my bride "I bet these people work at a place that filters websites that are just an IP address".

See if it's working.