Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Razorbacks v LSU Tigers --- Tonight 9/8cst at Bud Walton Arena  (Read 15771 times)

Offline PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
Re: Razorbacks v LSU Tigers --- Tonight 9/8cst at Bud Walton Arena
« Reply #175 on: January 14, 2012, 10:33:10 PM »
6 weeks ago, I never thought this team would be able to play poorly and still win.  They proved that wrong tonight.  We'll get our asses kicked at Kentucky, but we could get a huge boost by beating Michigan next Saturday.

I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. Fucking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the shit men fanta

Offline Too Big Pig

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #176 on: January 14, 2012, 10:35:20 PM »
6 weeks ago, I never thought this team would be able to play poorly and still win.  They proved that wrong tonight.  We'll get our asses kicked at Kentucky, but we could get a huge boost by beating Michigan next Saturday.

But, but, but "Coach" Crawford said on the drive times that we would beat Kentucky.  He said mark his words and everything.

"If life gives you lemons, fuck life."  - Sir John Michael of Oklahoma

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #177 on: January 14, 2012, 10:46:37 PM »
Due to a variety of circumstances I've yet to watch this team win on teevee.  I've seen us lose, tho.

Maybe I should delete my scheduled recording of us vs. Kensucky

I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline GuinnessHog

• ( . ) ( . )
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #178 on: January 14, 2012, 11:05:43 PM »
Who was the left handed post player for Auburn about 5-6 years ago? He always gave us fits and was a solid player, but slightly undersized in the height department. I liked his game and hope Abron can develop into something similar.

Marco Killingsworth. Played at Auburn 2001-2004 and then transferred to Indiana. 6'7" 260 big dude.

Replace my original 5-6 years ago with 8-10  :stunned:

Offline capnthog

• Poorly qualified to represent the LBC.
  • Boar
« Reply #179 on: January 14, 2012, 11:06:08 PM »
Decent crowd.  Everytime it wanted to get loud like the bud of old, we would foul.  The pack of recruits came in right at gametime, and a group of 6-8 of them did the hog call with the crowd.  Young and Mickelson give me hope.  Sanchez gives me a headache.  His first 2 touches, he looked like Phillip Seymour Hoffman screaming "let it rain".

Eat me.

Offline VillageHawg7

• Tush Hog
« Reply #180 on: January 15, 2012, 01:35:04 AM »
Marco Killingsworth. Played at Auburn 2001-2004 and then transferred to Indiana. 6'7" 260 big dude.

Replace my original 5-6 years ago with 8-10  :stunned:

You just dated yourself...and I as well. I remember him, didn't know he transferred to IU though. I'm sure Tuberville would have liked to have seen him in pads.

Offline dylanfreake

• A Shoat
« Reply #181 on: January 15, 2012, 04:40:04 AM »
The first time I saw Sanchez play this year , I thought we had a girl on the team. What`s with the hair? Cut that shit off.

Offline KSHogg

• Music Man
  • King of the Hogs
  • Mobile spray tanner
« Reply #182 on: January 15, 2012, 07:13:58 AM »
The first time I saw Sanchez play this year , I thought we had a girl on the team. What`s with the hair? Cut that shit off.

I don't know if you are kidding or not so I will refrain from telling about this little kid he knows who has been getting radiation treatments and has lost all his hair. Someone should tell you that he is gonna donate his hair to locks of love when it gets long enough. But I won't.

Still runnin' against the wind

Offline Show-Me Hog

• King of the Hogs
  • Yep
« Reply #183 on: January 15, 2012, 07:47:31 AM »
Mitchell completed 22 of 32 passes for 271 yards and two touchdowns last season in a back-up role for Arkansas, and also rushed for two touchdowns.

That's a pretty good game.

Offline Ruddy Stormwater

• Boar
  • Bruuuuce
« Reply #184 on: January 15, 2012, 08:33:06 AM »
I don't know if you are kidding or not so I will refrain from telling about this little kid he knows who has been getting radiation treatments and has lost all his hair. Someone should tell you that he is gonna donate his hair to locks of love when it gets long enough. But I won't.

Sounds like he will be cutting that hair off so.....everybody wins!!!

Get outside guys... The world is cool.

Offline SunshineSweaterman

• Boar
« Reply #185 on: January 15, 2012, 10:20:59 AM »
Decent crowd.  Everytime it wanted to get loud like the bud of old, we would foul.  The pack of recruits came in right at gametime, and a group of 6-8 of them did the hog call with the crowd.  Young and Mickelson give me hope.  Sanchez gives me a headache.  His first 2 touches, he looked like Phillip Seymour Hoffman screaming "let it rain".

What I noticed was that every time it started to get loud, LSU's coach used a timeout (with the exception of their last time out of the game when they didn't have possession of the ball). 

I think Abron may end up being the best of the class in the long term.  I say that because I imagine BJ leaves in the couple years.  Abron has shown flashes of being a beast (16 boards at Uconn, 14 boards last night). 

I'm very optimistic about the future of the team.  If everyone comes back and stays healthy next year, we could be top 2 or 3 in the SEC next year.

Offline Cerdo

• Despacito
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #186 on: January 15, 2012, 10:33:45 AM »
We are really young.  We're playing fast but a lot of times we just are not in control of what we're doing, like the crazy down the court passes that you see so much with us that get turned over or go out of bounds. 

Offensive opportunities open up wide for us but by the time our young guys see it and THEN react, it's too late.  Like someone told me last night - we see, we think, we react.  Next year we will be a lot faster with that. 

BJ Young is just a damn slick kid.  He reminds me a little of a guy that could turn in to a Todd Day type, maybe more aggressive to the rim but without the greatness of #10's outside shot.  Hunter is going to develop in to an NBA guy, I think. 

I really like this team.  They all knew they were good in high school but they're all still developing that confidence when they match up with the athletes you see on SEC teams. 

Last night was really just enjoyable for me. BWA is starting to feel again like it is supposed to - one of the LSU players (a freshman) is quoted in the paper today as saying that he was really impressed by the BWA atmosphere, the crowd and the way the Hog players feed off of it.    It is really nice sitting there, with 5 minutes left in a tight game and watching the teams in a huddle and just KNOWING that Mike Anderson is in that huddle coaching them kids.  He's not flustered; he's been there before.  He has seen this stuff.  It isn't Pelphrey panicing and learning on the job or Heath looking over his head. 

Offline ElvisHog

• Where have you gone Walter Cronkite, and why have you been replaced by the likes of woopig.net?
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #187 on: January 15, 2012, 10:36:43 AM »

Offline Too Big Pig

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #188 on: January 15, 2012, 10:42:40 AM »
like the crazy down the court passes that you see so much with us that get turned over or go out of bounds. 

Remember us all bitching about Nolan's teams doing the same thing?  I'm glad we get to bitch about this again.

"If life gives you lemons, fuck life."  - Sir John Michael of Oklahoma

Offline Animal

• Custom Title
  • King of the Hogs
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #189 on: January 15, 2012, 11:14:25 AM »
Powell would have made this team a possible NCAAT team this year...something I never believed would happen. We have 13 wins right now and in decent position to get to 18 which is where I had high hopes we would get to with Powell. I think the magic number for the dance would be 20 wins with a win against Michigan and strong finish. It's still possible especially if the young guys continue to grow and Mitchell gives us something.

Offline bigghurtt

• Sockpuppet of an angry god
  • King of the Hogs
  • Prying open, my brown eye...wait...damnit.
« Reply #190 on: January 15, 2012, 11:16:44 AM »
BJ Young is just a damn slick kid.  He reminds me a little of a guy that could turn in to a Todd Day type, maybe more aggressive to the rim but without the greatness of #10's outside shot. 

2012 BJ Young  Fr || 28-64 3pt || 1.6-3.8 3pt/gm || 43.8% 3pt
1989 Todd Day Fr || 31-90 3pt || 1.0-2.8 3pt/gm || 34.4% 3pt

O0

This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Offline Cerdo

• Despacito
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #191 on: January 15, 2012, 11:23:08 AM »
Hmmm.

If that isn't a testament to how we choose to remember stuff, I don't know what is.

I really think next year, with Marshawn and the experienced kids on this team, we are going to be really really competitive.  I don't follow recruiting in basketball but Karl O told me last night we had a shooter on the way as well. 

Offline Animal

• Custom Title
  • King of the Hogs
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #192 on: January 15, 2012, 11:32:58 AM »
Hmmm.

If that isn't a testament to how we choose to remember stuff, I don't know what is.

I really think next year, with Marshawn and the experienced kids on this team, we are going to be really really competitive.  I don't follow recruiting in basketball but Karl O told me last night we had a shooter on the way as well.

Anthlon Bell out of Memphis is supposedly a great shooter...6-3 sg. I noticed really for the first time last night that they had Madden running point while Young was at the off guard role. Not sure what to make of that...maybe this is MAs way of making Madden more responsible with the ball since he has had a bad habit throwing lazy passes. It was a curious observation.

Mickleson needs to be stronger with the ball and quit putting it on the floor...bad habit picked up from Sanchez no doubt. We need a big mans corch.

Offline subliznime

• Don't tread on me!
  • Boar
  • We are the like
« Reply #193 on: January 15, 2012, 11:42:11 AM »
The first time I saw Sanchez play this year , I thought we had a girl on the team. What`s with the hair? Cut that aMm off.
Wait you are a Bob Dylan freak and you have an issue with some guy having long hair? Dylan wouldve said, "let your freak flag fly!"

“An intellectual is a person who has discovered something more interesting than sex.”
― Aldous Huxley

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #194 on: January 15, 2012, 12:56:34 PM »
Wait you are a Bob Dylan freak and you have an issue with some guy having long hair? Dylan wouldve said, "let your freak flag fly!"

Wasn't that a David Crosby line?"

"Leave him alone, he's on a roll."

"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline hoghart

• A Shoat
  • my shit is ragged
« Reply #195 on: January 15, 2012, 06:53:04 PM »
White-collar conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me.
They're hoping soon my kind will drop and die,
But I'm gonna wave my freak flag high . . . HIGH!

Offline subliznime

• Don't tread on me!
  • Boar
  • We are the like
« Reply #196 on: January 15, 2012, 08:50:05 PM »
White-collar conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me.
They're hoping soon my kind will drop and die,
But I'm gonna wave my freak flag high . . . HIGH!
Jimi !!
I know bob did not write that i was just throwing out a line he would abide by.

“An intellectual is a person who has discovered something more interesting than sex.”
― Aldous Huxley

Offline Zoso

• Claims to have met Duckman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #197 on: January 15, 2012, 09:06:00 PM »
Now wait a minute...I gotta get this shit straight.

So we got "Almost Cut My Hair" by CS&N...

And then we have "If 6 was 9" by Hendrix....

And finally we have "Walk Like An Egyptian" by the Bangles.

My question is.....what the FUCK does Gary Busey have to do with ANY OF THIS?!?!?!?!?

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #198 on: January 16, 2012, 12:33:43 AM »
If 6 was 9 from Easy Rider

No video but a great version from about '89 when Crosby had finally "got his shit together."  This is one of the ones where he inserts "Dallas" before "police car."

Unrealeased acoustic version from the Deja Vu sessions.

"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #199 on: January 16, 2012, 07:31:05 AM »
..<object width=\"600\" height=\"376\" id=\"embed\" classid=\"clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000\"><param name=\"movie\" value=\"http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/mediaPortal/embed.swf\" /><param name=\"quality\" value=\"high\" /><param name=\"allowFullScreen\" value=\"true\" /><param name=\"allowScriptAccess\" value=\"always\" /><param name=\"flashVars\" value=\"id=834552&server=http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/XML/titanv3/&pageurl=http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/mediaPortal/&jtv=6100&gaa=UA-8527997-1\" /><embed name=\"embed\" pluginspage=\"http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer\" src=\"http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/mediaPortal/embed.swf\" type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" width=\"600\" height=\"376\" quality=\"high\" allowFullScreen=\"true\" allowScriptAccess=\"always\" flashVars=\"id=834552&server=http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/XML/titanv3/&pageurl=http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/mediaPortal/&jtv=6100&gaa=UA-8527997-1\"></embed></object>

Thanks for the highlights.

Is it just me, or does every good play we have in a game involve BJ Young?  Or at least he's on the court when they happen.  Strange, since he only plays 20 minutes a game.

And I guess "the Hogs move it quickly up the court" can be translated to mean "Young gets the rebound, dribbles through the whole team and lays it up and in".

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.