Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: LOL MIZZ  (Read 252836 times)

Offline Southern Yeoman

• Wild Hog
Re: LOL MIZZ
« Reply #200 on: February 25, 2012, 07:17:25 PM »
I hear you on Haith.  Too, I wonder if they think they are going to walk into the conference and own it in BB, and then see Anderson and go, "Uh, oh yeah...damn."

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #201 on: February 25, 2012, 08:53:17 PM »
Dinner is when you go out or eat in.

Supper is when your mama cooks for you.

Sorry I'm late in this thread;  been a long day and I'm on the crapper catching up.
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline Southern Yeoman

• Wild Hog
« Reply #202 on: February 25, 2012, 09:03:55 PM »
Dinner is when you go out or eat in.

Supper is when your mama cooks for you.

Sorry I'm late in this thread;  been a long day and I'm on the crapper catching up.
Ah, the omnipresent gizmo.

I don't own a gizmo to read while crapping.  My wife says it's OK to take a beer in to sit on the commode, but it's poor taste to take a glass of wine.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #203 on: February 25, 2012, 10:19:33 PM »
Ah, the omnipresent gizmo.

I don't own a gizmo to read while crapping.  My wife says it's OK to take a beer in to sit on the commode, but it's poor taste to take a glass of wine.

I've known people to eat supper on the pot.

It's disgusting I say. I mean I'll eat dinner on the can, maybe. But supper is too high brow for such times.
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline Rob

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #204 on: February 26, 2012, 09:17:11 AM »

Ten Teams About To Take A Tumble

By Phil Harrison
CollegeFootballNews.com
Posted Feb 24, 2012

| More

What ten teams are about to suffer a crash and start to disappoint?

Phil Harrison
Harrison: Ten Teams Headed for a Slide

Follow me on Twitter @PhilHarrisonCFN

College football can be a cyclical beast.

While the top dogs of the sport more or less stand the test of time, there are still peaks and valleys for every team. For some programs, the limelight shines less frequent--with the window of opportunity only remaining open for a much shorter period of time. With spring ball here for some, what programs are about to experience leaner times? Here’s a look at ten teams that stand on the precipice of tumbling expectations.

10. Stanford

Though the Cardinal kept things going last year, it was mainly because of some leftovers in the cupboard from the Jim Harbaugh era--mainly Andrew Luck. Now that Luck is working on acquiring real estate in Indianapolis, and Harbaugh’s grittiness has moved on to the NFL, the coaching staff will have its hands full replacing an all-timer of a talent under center and getting the pieces in place up and down the roster. There will be holes that will be become more glaring and even more difficult to fill beginning this year and beyond.

9. Texas A&M

Stating that the Aggies have been consistently relevant in recent years is stretching things a bit, but the program was at least good enough to throw a flash in the pan year here and there and seemed to have things going the right way--at least from a talent standpoint. And now, welcome to the SEC, and welcome to less frequent one-hit wonders. Quite simply put, there’s only so much room at the top of the loaded league. Welcome to the neighborhood coach Kevin Sumlin. It’ll be tough for the Aggies to punch their way out of the corner for a while with so many new variables to go up against.

8. Wisconsin

Wisconsin has been a solid program ever since Barry Alvarez started stomping around Madison, but the program has gone to another level under Bret Bielema throwing hay-makers with Big Ten titles and BCS bowls. No more. With Michigan and Ohio State ready to ramp things up a bit, and with the departure of several key assistants, the Badgers won’t be in the same class picture of the Big Ten like it has over the last few years. Montee Ball is still there, but the Badgers will soon take a step back through all of the transition and resurgence of some of its Big Ten brethren .

7. Michigan State

Not to be outdone by its Big Ten brother, Wisconsin, Michigan State is also staring down the barrel of a decline, and for much of the same reasons. For MSU though, not only will it get recruits stolen by surging Michigan, it’ll also feel the pinch of Urban Meyer cutting off one of its hotbed recruiting states--Ohio. Because of Mark Dantonio’s ties to the Ohio high school coaches, he has been able to get the likes of BJ Cunningham, Le’Veon Bell, Denicos Allen, and Jerel Worthy. While the pipeline in Ohio won’t completely dry up, Meyer has shown that it could slow to more of a trickle than a gushing flood. Without the talent that Dantonio has developed from the state of Ohio, in combination with some serious heat from the Brady Hoke, something has to give--and it’ll more than likely be Sparty.

6. Miami

Bravado no more. If the whole Nevin Shapiro scandal hadn’t of broken, you’d believe it to only be a matter of time before the swagger was back around South Beach. Instead, the proud program stands a good chance of toppling right over once all the digging and prodding is complete. It won’t be the first time that Miami has had to deal with some penalties. Lest anyone forget, the last time put the program in a several year coma that was hard to wake up from. If and when the smoke that is bellowing from Coral Gables uncovers a towering inferno of abominations, you can expect the same pattern of mediocrity--or worse to emerge this time, despite the efforts of Al Golden.

5. Oregon

There is something brewing in the Pac-12, and it’s not the ungodly amount of Starbucks Pike Place Roast cups of coffee. No, it’s an old, familiar beast that is about to awaken. In case you haven’t noticed, the USC Trojans are getting their house in order and are primed to retake a league they have dominated over the history of the proud conference. For Oregon Duck fans, that means the quack attack won’t be taking flight as it has during the post Pete Carroll apocalypse. USC is going to get players--as it always has, and now that the sanctions are in count-down mode, and the NCAA is sniffing around Nike U, it stands to reason that not even 3,234 uniform combinations can keep the party going. Chip Kelly has already entertained ideas of a departure to the NFL, and it may just be a matter of time before he leaves the program, USC becomes USC again--and with the combination, the shiny, new “it” program will fall back to the days of yore.

4. TCU

While Boise State was out finding a BCS conference that it could hang in, if not excel in, TCU was doing the opposite by going to a more competitive Big Twelve. It’s one thing to be the darling of college football and beat one or two high quality opponents a year. It’s another to be able to compete against athletically gifted teams on an almost weekly basis. Now that the Horned Frogs are sitting at the big boy table, there won’t be as much food to get fat on. TCU might catch up to the bright spotlight of the league, but it won’t happen overnight. Suddenly, an outside shot at a BCS bowl might appear much better than the uphill fight that TCU is going to find itself in as it backs the U-Haul up to its new neighborhood. One in which it will no longer be the bully of the block.

3. Missouri

Gary Pinkel was beat into submission with teams utilizing the spread attack against him. The result--If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em. Ever since Missouri changed its offensive scheming to the spread attack, the Tigers have ridden the elevator up a few floors to at least close to the penthouse of the Big Twelve. Now, there is a new high rise in town, and Mizzou is going to have to do it all over again. It’ll be coming from a league where offense and wide open attacks rule the day, to a defensive slug-fest type of league in the SEC. If they can do it, the coaching staff will need at least some time to align the recruiting to be competitive. There are just too many good teams in America’s favorite (and least favorite) conference to believe that Missouri won’t be lost in a school with tons of cool kids already strutting around.

2. West Virginia

Continuing the trend of teams moving on to perceived greener pastures in a new conference, West Virginia stands to lose some ground. Mountaineer fans have become accustomed to being the class of the Big East (as “hard” as that may be), but now, in the Big Twelve, there are bigger fish to bait, catch, and clean. There just aren’t any Oklahoma Sooners and Texas Longhorns showing up on the schedule in Big East stadiums. And as good as West Virginia and head coach Dana Holgorsen looked lighting up Clemson in the Orange Bowl, it’s bound to stub its toe against stiffer, and more consistent programs with a pedigree. Sure the offense might fit right into the Big 12 model, but not even the live ammunition toting mascot can fend off the upper crust of the Big 12 on the same regular basis it did in the Big East.

1. Penn State

Everyone is predicting some very lean times for the Nittany Lions, and it all makes sense. All that has gone on in around Happy Valley over the last six months or so has gotten the feds and NCAA involved with urgency. It has already resulted in many recruits fleeing the program to other schools, and until things calm down, it’ll likely continue. That’s all before even discussing what the NCAA might conjure up after all of the legal due process takes place. Add a first time head coach in Bill O’Brien, dissension in the program, and the Urban Meyer stalking of recruits in and around the area to the situation and there leaves little doubt that the Penn State program is headed from being the once proud “Beast of the East,” to perhaps the least of what’s left. It’s a sad but true tale all around.

Offline boomer_sooie

• Boar
« Reply #205 on: February 27, 2012, 05:08:38 PM »
If already posted, I know what to do.

http://newsok.com/haith-says-he-is-cooperating-with-ncaa-miami-probe/article/feed/353087

The Hurricanes declared center Reggie Johnson ineligible over the weekend, saying his family received impermissible travel benefits from an unidentified member of Miami's staff when Haith was in charge of the program.

Miami has asked the NCAA to reinstate Johnson, and said the player wasn't aware of the possible NCAA violation and didn't directly receive anything. A written statement issued by Miami said that Johnson's "family was told (the extra benefits) were permissible by that member of the former basketball coaching staff."

A former Hurricanes booster, Nevin Shapiro, told Yahoo Sports that Haith approved a $10,000 payment to then-Miami recruit DeQuan Jones. Haith has denied that allegation, and Jones has since been cleared to play by Miami after initially being sidelined this season.

Miami said the improper travel benefits tied to Johnson were discovered as part of the "ongoing joint" inquiry by the school and the NCAA after Shapiro's claims of providing cash, cars, prostitutes and other impermissible benefits to 72 Miami football players and other athletes between 2002 and 2010 with the knowledge of at least six coaches and as many as 10 athletic department employees overall. Shapiro has not been linked to the current situation involving Johnson.

Offline Hogye West

• Tits
  • Tush Hog
  • He's Kent Dorfman! He's a legacy from Harrisburg
« Reply #206 on: March 02, 2012, 11:59:56 AM »

Can't let this thread continue without showing the main influence of this thread itself.
Who the fuck are you and why are you worthy of my praise?

Blow it out your ass Howard.

Offline HogTat

• It's in my nature
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #207 on: March 02, 2012, 02:34:13 PM »
Can't let this thread continue without showing the main influence of this thread itself.

That.  Well.  I just don't have words.

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in confederacy against him.

Offline Southern Yeoman

• Wild Hog
« Reply #208 on: March 02, 2012, 03:49:50 PM »

That guy on the right is going to get his neck rung and then beaten with his bling.

Offline ManBearHog

• A Shoat
« Reply #209 on: March 02, 2012, 04:16:52 PM »
My lady's sister's boyfriend is a Mizzou grad.  On signing day he texts me and says "looks like we got DGB."

No shit.  I made a comment about how he's throwing his future away.

Then the guy scoffs and says in all seriousness "Mizzou is about to introduce the spread offense to the SEC."

I was literally speechless.  These dipshits know nothing about football and their biggest rival is fucking Kansas.  Even though I hate Bama, I get giddy as a schoolboy when I think about them donkey raping Mizzou. 

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
« Reply #210 on: March 02, 2012, 04:39:59 PM »

Seth Green has not changed much.

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #211 on: March 02, 2012, 04:54:26 PM »
My lady's sister's boyfriend is a Mizzou grad.  On signing day he texts me and says "looks like we got DGB."

No shit.  I made a comment about how he's throwing his future away.

Then the guy scoffs and says in all seriousness "Mizzou is about to introduce the spread offense to the SEC."

I was literally speechless.  These dipshits know nothing about football and their biggest rival is fucking Kansas.  Even though I hate Bama, I get giddy as a schoolboy when I think about them donkey raping Mizzou.

Scam Newton and St. Gus of Springdale would like a word with your friend.

Offline cooter

• Boar
« Reply #212 on: March 02, 2012, 08:20:32 PM »
I was at the Buffett concert last night and this stupid bitch starts yelling, "Who are We?" expecting something in return.  Nobody answered and then she started the Hotty Toddy shit.  You could have heard a pin drop as everyone looked at everyone else.  I think we were thinking, "Houston Nutt doesn't coach Ole Miss anymore, and you sure as hell don't have a football team".  She got absolutely no response and walked off.  The chick next to me asked if she was referring to Ole Miss.

Offline jesus

• wackmessiah
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #213 on: March 02, 2012, 11:46:18 PM »

I was at the Buffett concert last night and this stupid bitch starts yelling, "Who are We?" expecting something in return.  Nobody answered and then she started the Hotty Toddy shit.  You could have heard a pin drop as everyone looked at everyone else.  I think we were thinking, "Houston Nutt doesn't coach Ole Miss anymore, and you sure as hell don't have a football team".  She got absolutely no response and walked off.  The chick next to me asked if she was referring to Ole Miss.

That was George, Ziffell's life-partner.

Stir Good.  Puppy On Bottom!

www.detentionreport.com

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
« Reply #214 on: March 03, 2012, 12:02:28 AM »
What is it with the mizzou ra-tards thinking they gonna roll into the sec and show us something none of us have seen before in foozball? Did they not see what happened to the highest scoring offense in college foozball history, from the big-12, when they finally played an sec team in the title game a few years ago?  14 whopping points, thats what.  And I believe that oklahomo team destroyed the Gary pinkel mizzou spread.
Bring on White Chocolate

Offline TC

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #215 on: March 03, 2012, 03:14:14 AM »

It would be funny if they beat Georgia, and became the new "but they beat Georgia" in 2012.  In the end they might crow their way to 3-4 wins in the SEC, but they'll hang their hats on wins at home against Georgia, Vandy, and Kentucky, as a job well done.     

At the end of the day...I dont give a shit about them as long as they win OOC.  OMrs needs someone to keep her company in the basement.  And in case you havent heard, LOL MIZZ is the new LOL MISS hotness. 

Offline dour countenance

• A Shoat
  • woopig.net
« Reply #216 on: March 03, 2012, 09:14:04 PM »
What is it with the mizzou ra-tards thinking they gonna roll into the sec and show us something none of us have seen before in foozball? Did they not see what happened to the highest scoring offense in college foozball history, from the big-12, when they finally played an sec team in the title game a few years ago?  14 whopping points, thats what.  And I believe that oklahomo team destroyed the Gary pinkel mizzou spread.

Don't forget Leach's 10 win Texas Tech in the Cotton Bowl against a Mike Shula Bama team a few years ago.  10-3 Bama.

Offline Mr A Ziffell

• A Shoat
  • old
« Reply #217 on: March 08, 2012, 10:12:47 AM »

That was George, Ziffell's life-partner.

She's still not hotty tottying just yet...the Hootie years set her back in all that is Black Bear Rebel...

& I see what you did there w/the life-partner BS.... :2bird:

BTW, this is a Missouri thread.....
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 10:17:02 AM by Mr A Ziffell »

Offline Hawgblog

• A Shoat
  • Not Suitable For All Viewers
« Reply #218 on: March 08, 2012, 11:36:46 AM »

That's 3 1/2 minutes of my life I will not get back.......
So Long.....

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #219 on: March 08, 2012, 12:59:41 PM »
Must have been drunk during the meeting.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2012/mar/07/sec-rivalry-switch-news-pinkel/?tigerextra

Missouri coach Gary Pinkel hasn't been told that the Tigers' permanent cross-divisional opponent will be Arkansas instead of Texas A&M.

"I have no idea," he said. "I talked to" Athletic Director "Mike" Alden, "and never in any meeting he's been in has it ever been discussed. That's what he said to me. … So I don't know anything about it."

Offline cooter

• Boar
« Reply #220 on: March 09, 2012, 01:53:08 PM »
I just listened to some rant from a Misery fan on Bo's show.  It was one of the stupidest things I've ever heard and am dumber for having listened to it.  If all Misery fans are as clueless as this, it's going to be a tortuous experience dealing with them.  They honestly don't understand why we think the SEC is better than the Big 12.  I am anxiously waiting their first skullfricking by an SEC team and will take great pleasure in seeing it repeated every weekend this fall.

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #221 on: March 09, 2012, 02:26:24 PM »
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/pinkel-expects-backlash-as-m-comes-off-helmets/article_9779856c-6785-11e1-88a2-0019bb30f31a.html

Without giving details on the change, which Mizzou was studying before the SEC move, coach Gary Pinkel said the uniforms are "off-the-charts" and have resonated with recruits.

"They went crazy," he said. "Those are 18-year-old kids, and (those concepts are) what we're recruiting against and what we're playing."

As for the helmets, he seems to have a sense that traditionalists will be a hard sell.

"I would like to think people know that I have a deep respect for Missouri football, OK? I know the history of that helmet, I know everything about that helmet," he said. "But we chose to take the `M' off the helmet."

I think it is scary when a coach quotes recruits.

The last statement will not buff out.

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • King of the Hogs
  • Strict No Tolerance Palsy
« Reply #222 on: March 09, 2012, 04:20:58 PM »
So, what.  They're just going to call them "helets" now?

Offline Southern Yeoman

• Wild Hog
« Reply #223 on: March 09, 2012, 04:23:58 PM »
I just listened to some rant from a Misery fan on Bo's show.  It was one of the stupidest things I've ever heard and am dumber for having listened to it.  If all Misery fans are as clueless as this, it's going to be a tortuous experience dealing with them.  They honestly don't understand why we think the SEC is better than the Big 12.  I am anxiously waiting their first skullfricking by an SEC team and will take great pleasure in seeing it repeated every weekend this fall.
I can't agree that's true.  Why did they move if they don't believe it's an upgrade?  It's just some normal slackjawing.

I hope they don't change their "M" and helmet stripes, I'm not sure but I think it carries some tradition.  But, they need to lose the all-black WAC/Saints/Vandy/Jerry Glanville look altogether.

Offline cooter

• Boar
LOL MIZZ
« Reply #224 on: March 09, 2012, 05:31:22 PM »
I have no doubt they realize it's an upgrade. But I don't think they understand the boofooking  they are about to get.  The guy talking equivocated Colorado to Georgia. They really have no idea of the vast differences in quality of competition.

Page created in 1.995 seconds with 34 queries.