Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: LOL MIZZ  (Read 252140 times)

Offline KSHogg

• Music Man
  • King of the Hogs
  • Mobile spray tanner
Re: LOL MIZZ
« Reply #225 on: March 09, 2012, 06:57:26 PM »
So, what.  They're just going to call them "helets" now?

I saw that.
Still runnin' against the wind

Online Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #226 on: March 10, 2012, 01:43:41 AM »

Can't let this thread continue without showing the main influence of this thread itself.

I'm really disappointed there hasn't been a voiceover done on this yet.  The potential is endless.

This definitely needs a "Howlin' and shit" version.

Offline Cerdo

• Despacito
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #227 on: March 10, 2012, 09:09:43 AM »
That video needs absolutely no help.  They tried to bury it but it's gaining new life. 

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • King of the Hogs
  • Strict No Tolerance Palsy
« Reply #228 on: March 10, 2012, 09:34:38 AM »

Offline Death By Sooiecide

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #229 on: March 10, 2012, 05:07:47 PM »
Switching gears here. Mike really left Haith a helluva squad. They should be a 1 seed if they win tonight IMO

Online Mike Slive

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #230 on: March 10, 2012, 05:15:31 PM »
They start 4 seniors. That's right, they don't just have that many seniors but they are all starters and leaders. MMFA is not walking back through their door tho so they better win it all this year or they may not sniff the NCAA tourny for a few years.

Offline Jostlyn McCocksack

• Wise guy extraordinare. Faded weekly
  • King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #231 on: March 10, 2012, 06:18:13 PM »
Anderson obviously did a great job recruiting and coaching his style but why are we giving him credit for a team he is no longer coaching?  Haith is using a different style offensively and defensively.  We want to give Anderson a break here because according to the posters here, it takes time to implement a system.  So give haith his due....I know Anderson is a much better recruiter and probably will always have a much better team but damn....
"Coaches who listen to fans often end up sitting with them."
Bobby Knight

Online Mike Slive

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #232 on: March 10, 2012, 06:36:34 PM »
I just saw the worst call of the year. Not shitting you once. This Baylor/Lolmizz game around the 13:00 mark 2nd half. Offensive foul was the call and I just can't breath.... Bobby Knight says very observant call by the official. I just can't even watch basketball anymore.

Offline Death By Sooiecide

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #233 on: March 10, 2012, 07:38:57 PM »
Haith, Anderson, Quinn Snyder, whomever. They looked like a 1 to me tonight.

Let's see if they chant SEC in November when they're getting their shit pushed in though

Offline Southern Yeoman

• Wild Hog
« Reply #234 on: March 10, 2012, 07:41:36 PM »
There are those who get their shit pushed through for money.

Online Mike Slive

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #235 on: March 10, 2012, 08:06:35 PM »
Anderson obviously did a great job recruiting and coaching his style but why are we giving him credit for a team he is no longer coaching?  Haith is using a different style offensively and defensively.  We want to give Anderson a break here because according to the posters here, it takes time to implement a system.  So give haith his due....I know Anderson is a much better recruiter and probably will always have a much better team but damn....

Nutt went to back to back Cotton Bowls with another man's players. Some say Heath did it at Kent St. Some say Pel did it with Heath's players. If you can't see MMFA set it up for great success then I don't know what to say. Let's see what he does next year when he reloads like MMFA had to do. Of course MMFA doesnt just have to reload, he is rebuilding. The guy's cawk you're choking on isn't in that boat.

Offline Ty Webb

• I don't play golf, for money, against people
  • King of the Hogs
  • The Best in Sight and Sound
« Reply #236 on: March 10, 2012, 08:48:59 PM »
Haith was 129-101 at Miami with a 43-69 conference record and 1 NCAA bid. In year 6 there he was 4-12 in conference and year 7 was 6-10 (nice job building that program). Haith never finished an ACC season with a winning record. Even Stan Heath in year 5 at USF has a winning conference record in the Big East. Haith didn't all of a sudden gain coaching smarts at Mizzou. MMFA's players make him look smart. End of story.
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

• King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #237 on: March 11, 2012, 10:06:27 AM »
Houston nutt comparison?  Please.  Not only did he use another man's recruits but he also lucked into Jevon Snead.  BEsides basketball and football are not comparable at all

This isn't hating on anderson it's how you just dismiss the job haith is doing. No one is saying the guy is all world, but fuck me.   Anderson is and always will be a better
recruiter, which let's face it in college is the bottom line.  But he isn't there. 

So I guess all of you who are saying Anderson should get a ring think xs and os
Bobby Knight

Online DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #238 on: March 11, 2012, 12:00:22 PM »
Houston nutt comparison?  Please.  Not only did he use another man's recruits but he also lucked into Jevon Snead.  BEsides basketball and football are not comparable at all

This isn't hating on anderson it's how you just dismiss the job haith is doing. No one is saying the guy is all world, but fuck me.   Anderson is and always will be a better
recruiter, which let's face it in college is the bottom line.  But he isn't there. 

So I guess all of you who are saying Anderson should get a ring think xs and os

Stan Heath at Kent State is a better comparison.  Both inherited a senior-laden team with a lot of self-motivation.  Neither had seen that type of success before, and neither will ever achieve it again. 

If you can't recruit enough talent to at least be mediocre in what has been a down ACC, while residing in Miami and actively attempting to purchase that talent, you are not very good. 

Haith will be someone's assistant again within 4-5 years.  Anderson would have done as least as well with this Missouri team, likely better come tournament time. 

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #239 on: March 11, 2012, 12:43:20 PM »
Stan Heath at Kent State is a better comparison.  Both inherited a senior-laden team with a lot of self-motivation.  Neither had seen that type of success before, and neither will ever achieve it again. 

Haith/Missouri also has that Chiz/Auburn feel.

• King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #240 on: March 11, 2012, 12:45:35 PM »
Haith/Missouri also has that Chiz/Auburn feel.

I just don't think haith can ever get that type of athlete again.  Chiz continues to receuit well but I get your point. 
Bobby Knight

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #241 on: March 11, 2012, 12:50:24 PM »

I wouldn't quarrel with anyone who wants to compare Anderson at this stage to Petrino in '08. 

Anderson has players to work with, but the best ones are freshmen. 
He had really good success at a couple stops prior to Arkansas.
He runs a system the fans want to see and definitely want to believe in.
He appears to be a tremendous upgrade over the previous coach.
If successful, he appears to want to be here a long time.

Seems to be a lot of similarities, so yeah, of course Razorback fans are going to give him the credit for Mizzou's season.  I wouldn't doubt it at all if we make the incremental strides Petrino's teams did in the first few years.  Barely get into the NCAA's next year and consistent top 5 seed after that?  I'd take it.
"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

• King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #242 on: March 11, 2012, 12:59:16 PM »
I wouldnt either I just think it's funny how we can't give haith any credit at all.  It's a new system...granted those kids are seniors, but damn.  The problem for haith is he has not shown any ability to recruit athletes to compete consistently. 

I really like how some of andersons guards improved their ball skills...especially early.  Shot fakes, minimal dribbling, by nobles wade and Scott were very evident.  Hopefully madden will improve his entire repotorie and young will not overdribble as much. 

Also someone please tell me why Anderson and Richardson always play zone? 
Bobby Knight

Offline cooter

• Boar
« Reply #243 on: March 11, 2012, 01:18:12 PM »
I wouldn't quarrel with anyone who wants to compare Anderson at this stage to Petrino in '08. 

Anderson has players to work with, but the best ones are freshmen. 
He had really good success at a couple stops prior to Arkansas.
He runs a system the fans want to see and definitely want to believe in.
He appears to be a tremendous upgrade over the previous coach.
If successful, he appears to want to be here a long time.

Seems to be a lot of similarities, so yeah, of course Razorback fans are going to give him the credit for Mizzou's season.  I wouldn't doubt it at all if we make the incremental strides Petrino's teams did in the first few years.  Barely get into the NCAA's next year and consistent top 5 seed after that?  I'd take it.

That would be appreciated and expected even though we haven't been shit since the same amount of time the average person spent in K-12 school.  The rise that BMFP gave though was the greatest rise in football history.  I didn't expect to be consistently where we are today in football.  I was told it would take at least 10 years.

Offline MFL

• A Shoat
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #244 on: March 11, 2012, 06:05:59 PM »
Haith was 129-101 at Miami with a 43-69 conference record and 1 NCAA bid. In year 6 there he was 4-12 in conference and year 7 was 6-10 (nice job building that program). Haith never finished an ACC season with a winning record. Even Stan Heath in year 5 at USF has a winning conference record in the Big East. Haith didn't all of a sudden gain coaching smarts at Mizzou. MMFA's players make him look smart. End of story.

"Kim English said it best after his team's senior night win against Iowa State: "Frank Haith is the best coach I've had in my four years at Missouri.""

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/missouri-tigers/2012/3/6/2848414/frank-haith-doing-what-mike-anderson-could-not-at-missouri

Offline Ty Webb

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #245 on: March 11, 2012, 06:45:34 PM »
"Kim English said it best after his team's senior night win against Iowa State: "Frank Haith is the best coach I've had in my four years at Missouri.""

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/missouri-tigers/2012/3/6/2848414/frank-haith-doing-what-mike-anderson-could-not-at-missouri
If English is talking about a coach with a shitty track record making good with someone else players....he's exactly right.

You'll see how smart Haith is starting next year. There's a reason Haith was crying after that game yesterday. He knows time is getting short for his 4 seniors and he'll be exposed very soon.

Offline jsimp

• Boar
« Reply #246 on: March 11, 2012, 07:42:32 PM »

oh well then that settles it doesn't it? isn't this the same kid running off at the head on twitter after mike left about how they wished arkansas was on the schedule? I'm sure there are no sour grapes at all in any of these comments. You shitbirds better hope you make a final 4 this year because this is your shot. I have a feeling you will go belly up earlier than you should just like you always do.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 06:07:53 PM by jsimp »

Offline Ty Webb

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #247 on: March 11, 2012, 07:59:23 PM »
oh well then that settles it doesn't it? isn't this the same kid running off at the head on twitter after mike left about how they wished arkansas was on the schedule? I'm sure there are no sour grapes at all in any of these comments. You shitbirds better hope you make a final 4 this year because this is your shot. I have a feeling you will go belly up earlier than you should just like you always do.
Exactly. MMFA took Mizzou as far as anyone ever has in the tourney but Haith (with 1 career tourney win) is much, much better. Dumbasses the lot of them.

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #248 on: March 11, 2012, 08:42:41 PM »

Lincoln thought John Wilkes Booth was a good actor.

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
« Reply #249 on: March 11, 2012, 09:00:33 PM »
That would be appreciated and expected even though we haven't been aMm since the same amount of time the average person spent in K-12 school.  The rise that BMFP gave though was the greatest rise in football history.  I didn't expect to be consistently where we are today in football.  I was told it would take at least 10 years.

ISWDT :thumbup:

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 33 queries.