Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: LOL MIZZ  (Read 261883 times)

Offline boartitz

• To LA via Omaha
  • King of the Hogs
  • And now, for something completely different
Re: LOL MIZZ
« Reply #250 on: March 11, 2012, 09:06:10 PM »

Lincoln thought John Wilkes Booth was a good actor.
Except for that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the show?
If you can't get even,get odd

Offline Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #251 on: March 14, 2012, 07:09:30 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/13/opinion/powers-limbaugh-missouri/index.html?hpt=hp_bn9

To sculptor E. Spencer Schubert, Missouri House Speaker Steve Tilley and the members of the Missouri Legislature:

Gentlemen and ladies, don't do this.

Put the whole thing away before it is too late and the stain becomes permanent.

Consult your consciences and your individual and collective sense of honor. The better angels of your nature, if you like. I believe these inner voices will tell you that Rush Limbaugh has forfeited his claim, perhaps legitimate at one time, to be commemorated with a bust in the state Capitol's Hall of Famous Missourians. As a proud native of this state, I appeal to each and all of you to halt the process and assure the nation that Missourians know the difference between fame and infamy, and between accountability and idolatry.

This is not about Rush Limbaugh's political views, although many in these times of fractured good faith will inevitably refuse to believe it. If it were only about his politics, and if someone wanted to finance a full statue of him astride a Missouri mule and bolt it to the top of the Gateway Arch, I would not object, though I might not like it very much. Free speech is free speech.

But free speech in this country, by enlightened tradition, has its boundaries. These boundaries were created in large part to protect private citizens from falling victim to public humiliation through fraudulent smears and lies.

Beginning with his broadcast of Feb. 29, and continuing on for days, Limbaugh crashed those boundaries, fell face-first into a mud puddle of his own making, and deeply soiled his already questionable legacy. By now the particulars of his abusive spree — his gratuitous, slanderous and misogynist airwave assault on the young law student Sandra Fluke — are part of American pop-cultural legend, as evidenced by the flight of scores of his sponsors and waves of revulsion rolling in from all corners of the nation.

This is not political. This is personal, as only epithets like "slut" and "prostitute" can be personal. This is an unprovoked besmirching of person-hood. It calls out for repudiation.

Are the Missourians most empowered to exact this repudiation likely to act in the historic interest of their state? Their statements so far are dismally feckless.

The sculptor Schubert is quoted as saying that "I take my responsibility very seriously," abstaining from the chance to expand on his concept of "responsibility." He added that his criteria for accepting commissions was "whether or not they are artistically interesting." This pre-empts any discussion of art as a moral (or amoral) force, and also begs the question of how "artistically interesting" is the Limbaughian countenance. Let it go, and let Schubert sculpt.

The real gatekeeper here is Speaker Tilley, who dreamed up the Hall of Famous Missourians, got it installed in the people's Capitol building and apparently runs it like his own private wax museum. Tilley's justification for ignoring Limbaugh's vicious attack, and the real pain and outrage it visited upon millions of American women, was as follows: "It's not the 'Hall of Universally Loved Missourians,' it's the Hall of Famous Missourians." And the state Capitol doesn't stand for Jeffersonian enlightenment and respect for human dignity, it just ... stands. Another roadside attraction. Maybe Donald Trump will want to buy in.

Or maybe ... just maybe ... Speaker Tilley or someone else will come to their senses, halt this travesty of honor and save Missouri from lasting embarrassment.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 07:14:43 AM by Das Uberschwein »

Online chittlins

• Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
  • King of the Hogs
  • It's a two sniff league
« Reply #252 on: March 14, 2012, 08:10:33 AM »
English was supposedly the drama queen player under Anderson. He was very vocal against Anderson when Mike left. He still seems jaded. I will say Mike was recruiting for the late signing period last year and dropped it when the Arkansas job came open and the seniors are the core besides the young Pressley kid.

Online Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #253 on: March 14, 2012, 10:06:16 AM »
Exactly. MMFA took Mizzou as far as anyone ever has in the tourney but Haith (with 1 career tourney win) is much, much better. Dumbasses the lot of them.

Most people would be surprised to find out Missouri has as many final fours as UALR.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
  • FAH Q
« Reply #254 on: March 14, 2012, 10:11:38 AM »
Most people would be surprised to find out Missouri has as many final fours as UALR.

This is why I find the deification of Norm Stewart so bizarre. The M'Fer never even got a team to the Final Four! Yet you name your court after him. Delusional.

Offline Mike Slive

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #255 on: March 14, 2012, 11:20:46 AM »
This is why I find the deification of Norm Stewart so bizarre. The M'Fer never even got a team to the Final Four! Yet you name your court after him. Delusional.

Bet Nolen read this and said nick apleeze.

Offline The Reverend Snoophogg

• A wacked out, east Arkansan turned well-to-do Ferndale-ite
  • King of the Hogs
  • ADMINISTRATOR
« Reply #256 on: March 14, 2012, 12:19:47 PM »
Well, in all fareness, who would they name it after?  They have nobody really, so....?

That's just sad.
Your new administration.
Accept it, bitches!

That's me.

Offline jsimp

• Boar
« Reply #257 on: March 14, 2012, 01:15:28 PM »
Well, in all fareness, who would they name it after?  They have nobody really, so....?

That's just sad.

frank haith court next year, keep this hurr

Offline Joe Swine

• Brass it out, Danny!
  • King of the Hogs
  • I don't want my feelings restrained
« Reply #258 on: March 14, 2012, 01:39:05 PM »

After that disturbing image, I gotta start using a bigger font.

Offline Pork Soda

• Smood. Like, eh, drinkin' a pig.
  • Boar
« Reply #259 on: March 14, 2012, 02:49:17 PM »
After that disturbing image, I gotta start using a bigger font.

Did you read defecation, too?  I wasn't quite sure who was supposed to be shitting him...

Offline Rob

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #260 on: March 14, 2012, 03:50:51 PM »
James Franklin sprained his shoulder may be done for spring. Their team is a mash unit this spring.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #261 on: March 14, 2012, 04:14:43 PM »
James Franklin sprained his shoulder may be done for spring. Their team is a mash unit this spring.

he won't be having a real good time

this is a very meta-post
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline KCHOGS

• Tush Hog
« Reply #262 on: March 14, 2012, 04:34:38 PM »

That's the least of his worries.  He'll get kilt this year.  It's not (subject to opinion) going to be funny, but when they play Jo-Jaw he's going to take off running and get hit so hard by a DT that runs just as fast as he does that he'll either not get up or start the "Mizzou back to the Big 12" facebook page.  I hear he's a good kid from a good family, but he better move to WR quickly. 

They make fun of the SEC not having any offense, but before the season is over they'll be looking for their John Rutledge.  The season after that they'll get introduced to our offense.  They have no idea of the size of train coming down the tracks.  I stick by my prediction they beat Kentucky and aTm.  The aTm game may be 3rd team vs 3rd team by that time.

Offline shortstop6

• Cooled-Out Buddhist Cowboy
  • Boar
  • Lathed from solid envy, thick with menace.
« Reply #263 on: March 14, 2012, 05:34:00 PM »
he won't be having a real good time

this is a very meta-post

ISWYDT
I'm an outdoorsman.  I like getting drunk on patios.

Offline jsimp

• Boar
« Reply #264 on: March 16, 2012, 05:47:51 PM »
oops

Offline Hogye West

• Tits
  • Tush Hog
  • He's Kent Dorfman! He's a legacy from Harrisburg
« Reply #265 on: March 16, 2012, 05:54:24 PM »
Somehow, I have a feeling this will be Mike Anderson's fault in some form or fashion.
Who the fuck are you and why are you worthy of my praise?

Blow it out your ass Howard.

Offline Ty Webb

• I don't play golf, for money, against people
  • King of the Hogs
  • Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it
« Reply #266 on: March 16, 2012, 05:57:52 PM »
"Kim English said it best after his team's senior night win against Iowa State: "Frank Haith is the best coach I've had in my four years at Missouri.""

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/missouri-tigers/2012/3/6/2848414/frank-haith-doing-what-mike-anderson-could-not-at-missouri
Mr. English, you DO have an unique coach. He joins 4 other coaches as the only 5 guys to lose as a 2 seed to a 15 seed. Congrats and frick off.
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Offline LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #267 on: March 16, 2012, 06:03:28 PM »
These make me happy. I just wish they had shown Kim English.

It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • What Kate Does...to me.
« Reply #268 on: March 16, 2012, 06:06:43 PM »
Mizzou lost as a 2 seed in the Big Dance?

Nor folking way!

Offline jsimp

• Boar
« Reply #269 on: March 16, 2012, 06:10:27 PM »
oh well then that settles it doesn't it? isn't this the same kid running off at the head on twitter after mike left about how they wished arkansas was on the schedule? I'm sure there are no sour grapes at all in any of these comments. You shitbirds better hope you make a final 4 this year because this is your shot. I have a feeling you will go belly up earlier than you should just like you always do.

:maundoed:        :shocker:

Offline boomer_sooie

• Boar
« Reply #270 on: March 16, 2012, 06:14:40 PM »

Offline Karl Onterio

• Wild Hog
  • #UnleashTheFury
« Reply #271 on: March 16, 2012, 06:18:57 PM »
"Hi, I'm Ray Tucker how'd you like to suck my Porkula".

"I gave Kirk Botkin's step-sister a jelly donut." -John Gault- 12/2/05

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Boar
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
« Reply #272 on: March 16, 2012, 06:23:08 PM »
A little history lesson for you young'un's. The year was 1990. #3 seed Mizzou vs. #14 seed Northern Iowa.

Offline Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #273 on: March 16, 2012, 06:29:36 PM »
A little history lesson for you young'un's. The year was 1990. #3 seed Mizzou vs. #14 seed Northern Iowa.

I lold then, I lol now.

Offline Joe Swine

• Brass it out, Danny!
  • King of the Hogs
  • I don't want my feelings restrained
« Reply #274 on: March 16, 2012, 06:31:35 PM »
1990 Colorado.

1997 Nebraska.

While we're at it.

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 38 queries.