Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: GSD v2012.2.8 Build 70824  (Read 33009 times)

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
Re: GSD v2012.2.8 Build 70824
« Reply #175 on: February 10, 2012, 11:16:01 AM »
I'd quote one of you on this one, but so many of you are saying things along these lines:

If we move the games there will be an impact to the fans financially.  There will be an impact to our future fan base.  Those are just facts.  It'll happen.  And you NWA elitists need to realize that...

Blah, blah. Something like that.

Bull. Fucking. Shit.

Stop stating opinion as fact.  The only FACTS about moving the games FROM LR to Fayetteville are positive.  EVERY other opinion that you guys are disguising as "fact" is nothing but hyperbole. 

Here are some FACTS:
Arkansas is the only school in the SEC that foregoes 2 opportunities every year to host official visitors on campus. 
20,000+ additional hog fans could see us play those 2 games. 
Arkansas foregoes, we think, $1-2MM in income for every game we play in LR, which I do not think includes concessions.
Arkansas has a smaller budget than our chief competitors.
For 100+ years, Arkansas has been THE team in Arkansas.

We don't know, for a FACT, that anything would negatively influence the program as a result of moving the LR games.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #176 on: February 10, 2012, 11:19:19 AM »
You can be a fan of a team, but not buy tickets, donate any money or go to the games, correct?

But that's not their point.  Their point is that Arkansas' fan base would fade.  In your answer, the household would still be Hog fans.

But if we're cool with letting a fraction of the fan base hold the program hostage then, yes, your answer would apply.  Of course, that's just an opinion. We don't know for a FACT that any fans would turn their backs on the program and stop giving.  As a matter of fact, even Stephens himself could come out after the fact and continue to donate.  FACT is, we won't know what will actually happen until the shift happens.

Offline Sweet River Baines

• Boar
  • Never tell me the odds...
« Reply #177 on: February 10, 2012, 11:24:16 AM »
But that's not their point.  Their point is that Arkansas' fan base would fade.  In your answer, the household would still be Hog fans.

But if we're cool with letting a fraction of the fan base hold the program hostage then, yes, your answer would apply.  Of course, that's just an opinion. We don't know for a FACT that any fans would turn their backs on the program and stop giving.  As a matter of fact, even Stephens himself could come out after the fact and continue to donate. FACT is, we won't know what will actually happen until the shift happens.

So your FACTS in your post above are mute...

Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 4:11 Posi-trac out back, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle.

Offline Biff Malibu

• Resident Asshole
  • Boar
  • In...the...FACE!
« Reply #178 on: February 10, 2012, 11:28:17 AM »
How are 10-15k tickets gonna 'come open'? RRS is still gonna seat what it does right now if games are moved starting in 2013, say. Why do you think those tickets would get gobbled up when we don't sell out season tickets as it is? Maybe we will this year with Bama and LSU both at RRS and our top 10 ranking but that'd be a first.

I'm throwing out an arbitrary number for the sake of arguement.  You say that the added expense to Fay season ticket holders with the addition of two extra games will cause some to drop tickets.  That may be, but my point remains that people that can afford the addition of more games will gobble those tickets up.  To your other point about RRS not being sold out now...well, that would be just the upper corners and the tickets we allow the visitors to have.  Good to decent seats will get taken.  Also, I don't really get your arguement about always being able to buy tickets outside the stadium, if we were playing the Dallas Cowboys and the game had been a sellout for a year, you'd still be able to buy tickets outside the stadium.

With all due respect, yes. That's missing the point completely. Go read his entire post again. It's not about him going to games on a personal level.
I'm using Byran Jones and his family as an example because he was mentioned.  I don't believe people who have to drive farther to Razorback games are going to stop being fans or stop going (in droves, mind you) if we moved games out of LR.  I seriously doubt you are going to see fewer Razorback shirts at the Warren WMT because we aren't playing twice a year in LR.  Maybe 20 years ago, but not now with every single game being televised.  Again, as someone else pointed out, there has to be a closer alternative...are they going to become UAPB or UCA fans instead of Hog fans??

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #179 on: February 10, 2012, 11:43:08 AM »
So your FACTS in your post above are mute...

Why would they be moot points? They are facts. We have no indications, other than hyperbole, that any of that would change.

Offline Ty Webb

• I don't play golf, for money, against people
  • King of the Hogs
  • Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it
« Reply #180 on: February 10, 2012, 11:43:36 AM »
I'd quote one of you on this one, but so many of you are saying things along these lines:

Blah, blah. Something like that.

Bull. fricking. aMm.

Stop stating opinion as fact.  The only FACTS about moving the games FROM LR to Fayetteville are positive.  EVERY other opinion that you guys are disguising as "fact" is nothing but hyperbole. 

Here are some FACTS:
Arkansas is the only school in the SEC that foregoes 2 3 opportunities every year to host official visitors on campus. 
20,000+ additional hog fans could see us play those 2 games. 
Arkansas foregoes, we think, $1-2 MM in income for every game we play in LR, which I do not think includes concessions.
Arkansas has a smaller budget than our chief competitors.
For 100+ years, Arkansas has been THE team in Arkansas.

We don't know, for a FACT, that anything would negatively influence the program as a result of moving the LR games.
Alot of holes in these FACTS:

1. Who would we bring in for an official visit the 2nd week of September for the big Mizzou St game? Official visits happen for SEC games or big weekends in January during basketball season. See the Michigan hoops game.

2. We also choose to forgo a recruiting weekend to play in Jerry World.

3.WMS hold 55K. That 20k could see us play is a fact. Reality says only 10-15k more at most would see the crap games. 75k for ULM or NMexST aren't walking thru that turnstile especially since a top 10 USC-E only draws 73K this year. We didn't draw 75k for a home game this year at all which would be needed to reach your 20K more seeing the Hogs play.

4. When you put 'we think' inside any info.....it's not FACT.

That was not a good team we barely beat at home.  We seriously may not win another game this season. - BASS January 20, 2018, 07:40:43 PM

Offline hogfan58

• Nothing that's out there that's not correctable - Bert
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #181 on: February 10, 2012, 11:52:32 AM »
I don't understand the logic that in order to be a fan, you either had to attend UA or go to games. I have relatives, both alive and deceased, that did neither. And as many have stated, in this age of every game being on tv or streamed on the net, the visibility is MUCH greater than it was back in the day. So I just don't get the correlation between not playing games in WMS and losing fans when every game is on tv anyway

"Florida is kind of the new Ole Miss. They're doing some things in recruiting that kind of shock you a little bit" ~~ Bret Bielema, NSD 2016

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #182 on: February 10, 2012, 11:58:09 AM »
Seriously. I've asked 2 very simple fricking questions in this thread that no one has attempted to answer.

1) For Arkansas to LOSE fans/potential fans, someone else will have to gain them or those fans will just stop being fans of anyone.  So which do you think it is?  Do you think we lose fans to some other school? If so, who?  Or do you think these people will just not care about college football at all?

2) If we're all cool with keeping 1 game in LR, which seems to be the consensus, what are the conditions of said game? Are we going to say, "Hey LR, you can have 1 crappy non-con game every year for the rest of eternity.  You don't even have to add luxury suites, chair back seating, or additional seats period!"  Or will we insist upon improvements?

1.) I've said repeatedly... REPEATEDLY...  THAT I DO NOT BELIEVE WE WILL LOSE FANS. I HAVE LITERALLY HAD TO SAY THIS IN EVERY GOD DAMN RESPONSE. I'm not explaining that answer again.

2.) There will obviously be conditions on keeping the stadium in upstanding condition. Which it currently is. If the powers that be want them to add seats/suites (which, btw, that new pressbox added suites), then yeah, you write that in a 10 year or so contract.

I think we almost all agree on one game, because I think most of us realize there are some issues and repercussions with "ripping off the band-aid" that no one in this administration appears committed to dealing with...

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #183 on: February 10, 2012, 12:06:57 PM »
I don't understand the logic that in order to be a fan, you either had to attend UA or go to games. I have relatives, both alive and deceased, that did neither. And as many have stated, in this age of every game being on tv or streamed on the net, the visibility is MUCH greater than it was back in the day. So I just don't get the correlation between not playing games in WMS and losing fans when every game is on tv anyway

The visibility IS much greater.

However, what happens when 20 years down the line, the KATVs, KTHVs, whatever, stop sending people up to Fayetteville every weekend?
We can sit here and say that people would get their news, hype, etc. from other places. We can say they could still watch the games on tv... but would they? We don't have the answer to that. I grew up a Razorback fan, because by god, I'm from Arkansas. My family is from Arkansas. And that's just what we did. That's pretty unique. I didn't show up to 4th grade and have someone ask me if I was Auburn or Alabama like some kid in Birmingham does every day. I was already a born-Razorback then. I'm not saying the WMS games going completely away would immediately end that. I'm just saying it would impact it in the future down the line. Nobody can honestly say that's false.

I'm on record as saying one game every other year would meet some resistance, but would be just fine.
Maybe that includes a deal with some nearby SunBelt or even La Tech or someone where it's technically a home-and-home in Fayetteville and LR, but we're selling the seats for your home game in WMS.

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #184 on: February 10, 2012, 12:11:28 PM »
1. Who would we bring in for an official visit the 2nd week of September for the big Mizzou St game? Official visits happen for SEC games or big weekends in January during basketball season. See the Michigan hoops game.

Yes, you're absolutely right.  But, unfortunately, that doesn't dismiss the possibility that a random recruit would want to come see us on a particular weekend for his own personal reasons (bye week from his high school schedule, work schedule, etc).  The majority of our recruiting will go down during the big games, sure.  But lets not close ourselves off from ANY recruit.  We, supposedly, want to win a national title.  WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU PUT YOURSELF BEHIND THE EIGHT BALL?  We are in the worst state in the SEC for home state talent.  We don't have the recruiting advantages of Bama, LSU, FL, UGA, etc.  So why turn your noses up to ANYTHING that might improve our chances to land said random recruit?

Jerry World IS a recruiting trip.  And it doesn't cost us $1-2MM.  But if LR wants to start paying the UofA $5MM per game, it'd be a helluva lot easier to ignore the discrepancies.  At least we could up our recruiting budget.  But there's a difference between playing a game in a state that's completely obsessed with the SEC but lacks a lot of D1 talent, versus playing in a state with only a passing interest in the SEC and more D1 talent than they know what to do with.

3.WMS hold 55K. That 20k could see us play is a fact. Reality says only 10-15k more at most would see the crap games. 75k for ULM or NMexST aren't walking thru that turnstile especially since a top 10 USC-E only draws 73K this year. We didn't draw 75k for a home game this year at all which would be needed to reach your 20K more seeing the Hogs play.

It's potential. You can't argue with POTENTIAL attendance.  Up to 76K can see a razorback game.  Up to 55K can see a game in LR.  >20K extra butts in the seats, potentially.  But even if it was only 10K, that's still over half a million in extra revenue (being conservative at $55/tkt), not to mention the savings of not having to pay for the LR games.  But that's 10,000 extra individuals.  Let's say that's 5,000 father/son combos. Or 2500 families.  You want to keep hog fans being hog fans? What's better than giving them more opportunities? Alabama has games with empty seats.  LSU has games with empty seats.  USCe has games with empty seats.  Shit happens. It's not a damning by-product to have empty seats for cupcakes.  But in the case of college football, more butts in the seats is more butts in the seats.

You're right. But the most recent article that I remember said we lose $2mm/per, and that it didn't include concessions.  Answer the call will have eaten into that, I'm sure.  The $10 surcharge x 55000 = $550M.  So instead of losing $2mm, we lose $1.5.  That's why I said 1-2MM.  But, point take, I don't know HOW much we're losing now, exactly.  I can only make an educated guess. 

Offline CJLR

• A Shoat
  • woopig.net
« Reply #185 on: February 10, 2012, 12:15:08 PM »
"If we move the games there will be an impact to the fans financially.  There will be an impact to our future fan base.  Those are just facts.  It'll happen.  And you NWA elitists need to realize that..."

This is completely true.  I live in LR, make a decent livings, and donate to the foundation (tush hog).  I buy only LR tix at the moment because I can't afford to buy Fayetteville season tickets - I should say, I can afford the tickets, but I can't afford going up for every game and everything that entails - gas, food, hotel, booze, etc.  And before you start saying, you could drive up and drive back, I've done it quite a few times and it absolutely fricking sucks - I would imagine it would suck even more now with a kid.  And considering the fact that pretty much all of the games are on tv - pay-per-view or otherwise - it makes it even less enticing.

So, for me, if all the games were moved to Fayetteville in a few years, I would probably quit donating simply for the fact I can't justify spending money on a donation and tix that I likely won't use except for maybe two or three games a year.  I'd rather save the donation money and try to come across single game tickets for the games I can actually get to.

And just for the record, I have no problem with the LSU game being played in fayetteville.  It makes sense just as moving SC up there made sense.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 12:19:18 PM by CJLR »

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #186 on: February 10, 2012, 12:22:28 PM »
However, what happens when 20 years down the line, the KATVs, KTHVs, whatever, stop sending people up to Fayetteville every weekend?

From a business perspective, what sense would it make for the local media to stop following the Razorbacks?  You think they'd actually risk alienating what would be the largest alumni base in the state? To cover who, exactly? Do you really think that would happen?

We can sit here and say that people would get their news, hype, etc. from other places. We can say they could still watch the games on tv... but would they? We don't have the answer to that. I grew up a Razorback fan, because by god, I'm from Arkansas. My family is from Arkansas. And that's just what we did. That's pretty unique. I didn't show up to 4th grade and have someone ask me if I was Auburn or Alabama like some kid in Birmingham does every day. I was already a born-Razorback then. I'm not saying the WMS games going completely away would immediately end that. I'm just saying it would impact it in the future down the line. Nobody can honestly say that's false.

You're right. We could lose 1 fan an your argument would hold water. But I thought you just said, above, that we WOULDN'T lose fans? Make up your mind. And despite how special your story is, Auburn and Alabama still have plenty of fans to support their programs.  So maybe we lose some of the half-ass fans and their families (I still don't see real men all of the sudden saying, "fuck the razorback," women maybe).

Offline radioman

• Boar
« Reply #187 on: February 10, 2012, 12:24:34 PM »
1.  Official visits could occur for home LSU games,  if they were on campus.   Many high school football players are finished with their season by that weekend,  and many of their parents have the proceeding Friday off from work, so travel would be easier.

2.  The game in Dallas has been about a good pay day and exposure in Texas.  That game is arguably helpful for recruiting.   WMS games do not do this. 

I have accepted the fact that the UofA might not have the political will to leave WMS.   If it ever happens,  we better get onboard and be happy about it, if we love the Razorbacks.   Along the same lines,  if the administration decides to keep playing there, I am not going to get upset about it for the sake of not arguing with all of the fans, who want those games.

Alot of holes in these FACTS:

Offline WPFM

• Schadenfreude
  • King of the Hogs
  • no artificial sweeteners
« Reply #188 on: February 10, 2012, 12:25:04 PM »
And what for? to destroy 60 years of tradition and kill something that has been such a big part of the program? Okay.

Great point.

Ya'll ever tried to suck a dick for 20 minutes?  It isn't easy.

Offline bakervscarrr

• puts honey on his pizza
  • Boar
« Reply #189 on: February 10, 2012, 12:25:08 PM »
Something to at least think about.

One of the reasons that some people were SO confident that we'd get DGB was that we felt his hometown, Springfield, is somewhat insulated from the major in-state school that happened to be our major competition for him.

Those who were so confident would allay the worries of those who were concerned about Mizzou's home-state advantage by pointing out that Springfield wasn't really a Mizzou town.  It was a push at best, and quite possibly more of a Hog town than anything else.

How could Springfield be so conflicted?  They know they are within the state of Missouri, right? and that there is only one major college football team there?  They command the support from all corners of the state, right? 

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #190 on: February 10, 2012, 12:39:33 PM »
1.) I've said repeatedly... REPEATEDLY...  THAT I DO NOT BELIEVE WE WILL LOSE FANS. I HAVE LITERALLY HAD TO SAY THIS IN EVERY GOD DAMN RESPONSE. I'm not explaining that answer again.

Then what difference does it make if the media stops covering the Hogs (which is an asinine assertion, by the way)?  You've said the media would stop covering the hogs and we would stop gaining hog fans.  That is to assume that they would have otherwise been hog fans if not for the lack of media coverage.  So the precipice of your argument is the media argument.  Okay, so they have 4 or 5 minutes on Saturday night to discuss sports.  It's fall 2016.  The following teams played in Arkansas: UofA, ASU, UCA?

2.) There will obviously be conditions on keeping the stadium in upstanding condition. Which it currently is. If the powers that be want them to add seats/suites (which, btw, that new pressbox added suites), then yeah, you write that in a 10 year or so contract.

Thank you for finally addressing that point.  But do you think having a stadium that is in decent condition is enough? DO you think they need to add seats. I'd be fine with 1 game per year in the interim, but if they want to keep doing it they need to add seats. Who pays for the seats?  At what point does the cost become too much of a burden on tax payers? That's a reality that has to be looked in the eye.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #191 on: February 10, 2012, 12:46:51 PM »
Something to at least think about.

One of the reasons that some people were SO confident that we'd get DGB was that we felt his hometown, Springfield, is somewhat insulated from the major in-state school that happened to be our major competition for him.

Those who were so confident would allay the worries of those who were concerned about Mizzou's home-state advantage by pointing out that Springfield wasn't really a Mizzou town.  It was a push at best, and quite possibly more of a Hog town than anything else.

How could Springfield be so conflicted?  They know they are within the state of Missouri, right? and that there is only one major college football team there?  They command the support from all corners of the state, right?

I can look at your post and make the argument either way.  We've been playing games in LR for decades. And there's NO mistaking LR as a town for any other school but Arkansas.  But that hasn't kept elite LR talent from leaving the state. 

You can't let the actions of 17-18 year old kids dictate the direction of the program.  You can't let the posturing of supposed fans and their threats to stop supporting the program dictate the direction of the program. 

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #192 on: February 10, 2012, 12:57:43 PM »
I really hope any changes will come with the PTB further improving gameday atmosphere in Fayetteville.  I'm not talking just about investments in tailgating infrastructure, but also attention to parking, streets, traffic flow, etc.

Sold out games in Fayetteville overload the infrastructure as it is.  They need to work to make coming to campus as pain-free as possible.

LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline Cerdo

• Despacito
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #193 on: February 10, 2012, 12:59:45 PM »
I don't worry about my alma mater losing fans in Central and Southern AR. I do think a special type game down there every year would CREATE fans though, down the road... or continue creating fans.

I don't plan out of fear but instead try to take advantages of opportunities. 

By the way, I'm no recruitnik by any means, but it keeps getting mentioned in this thread that the Hogs don't use cupcake weekends to host major recruits and that is absolutely not true.  We've hosted a bajillion top recruits during cupcake game weekends.   

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #194 on: February 10, 2012, 01:00:46 PM »
I really hope any changes will come with the PTB further improving gameday atmosphere in Fayetteville.  I'm not talking just about investments in tailgating infrastructure, but also attention to parking, streets, traffic flow, etc.

Sold out games in Fayetteville overload the infrastructure as it is.  They need to work to make coming to campus as pain-free as possible.

Agreed.  It'd be cool if they could somehow buy up all of the property that's west of the University, extending to 540, and add a big 4 lane road.

Offline Ty Webb

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #195 on: February 10, 2012, 01:06:22 PM »
"If we move the games there will be an impact to the fans financially.  There will be an impact to our future fan base.  Those are just facts.  It'll happen.  And you NWA elitists need to realize that..."

This is completely true.  I live in LR, make a decent livings, and donate to the foundation (tush hog).  I buy only LR tix at the moment because I can't afford to buy Fayetteville season tickets - I should say, I can afford the tickets, but I can't afford going up for every game and everything that entails - gas, food, hotel, booze, etc.  And before you start saying, you could drive up and drive back, I've done it quite a few times and it absolutely fricking sucks - I would imagine it would suck even more now with a kid.  And considering the fact that pretty much all of the games are on tv - pay-per-view or otherwise - it makes it even less enticing.

So, for me, if all the games were moved to Fayetteville in a few years, I would probably quit donating simply for the fact I can't justify spending money on a donation and tix that I likely won't use except for maybe two or three games a year.  I'd rather save the donation money and try to come across single game tickets for the games I can actually get to.

And just for the record, I have no problem with the LSU game being played in fayetteville.  It makes sense just as moving SC up there made sense.
Move all the games and there will be many more, just like you, in this scenario.

That was not a good team we barely beat at home.  We seriously may not win another game this season. - BASS January 20, 2018, 07:40:43 PM

Offline Ty Webb

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #196 on: February 10, 2012, 01:12:27 PM »
I don't worry about my alma mater losing fans in Central and Southern AR. I do think a special type game down there every year would CREATE fans though, down the road... or continue creating fans.

I don't plan out of fear but instead try to take advantages of opportunities. 

By the way, I'm no recruitnik by any means, but it keeps getting mentioned in this thread that the Hogs don't use cupcake weekends to host major recruits and that is absolutely not true.  We've hosted a bajillion top recruits during cupcake game weekends.   
The Troy game this year was used for recruiting? Maybe for unofficials, not for many, if any, official visits. Unofficials can be made in LR too, right, or am I mistaken?

Offline bakervscarrr

• puts honey on his pizza
  • Boar
« Reply #197 on: February 10, 2012, 01:12:52 PM »
I can look at your post and make the argument either way.  We've been playing games in LR for decades. And there's NO mistaking LR as a town for any other school but Arkansas.  But that hasn't kept elite LR talent from leaving the state. 

You can't let the actions of 17-18 year old kids dictate the direction of the program.  You can't let the posturing of supposed fans and their threats to stop supporting the program dictate the direction of the program.

I wasn't really talking about Little Rock as much as trying to point out that towns on the fringe of a state can be kind of up for grabs.  Playing games in Little Rock helped lock our borders down as far as fans go. It's unfathomable that any town in Arkansas, even Lake Village, West Memphis, Texarkana, Blytheville, etc, would be anything other than an overwhelming Razorback stronghold. The discussion that was had here regarding Springfield and its allegiances would never be had over an Arkansas town.

It's a unique situation. We've done unique things to make it so. I think you can make a positive correlation. Take games out and I believe you open that possibility up. An advantage we've always held over everyone else would be in jeopardy. And nobody truly knows how the numbers would shake out.

But, hey, if the benefits outweigh the potential losses, then pull the trigger. If it regionalizes the university to an extent, then that's what happens. Certainly wouldn't be the first time.  We're making gains elsewhere anyway. 

(Notice I said "we", despite having gone to school at OBU and grown up in South Arkansas with WMS as the impetus for my fandom. People like me may go away some, but they'll be replaced by people like you, from out of state.)

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #198 on: February 10, 2012, 01:20:15 PM »
From a business perspective, what sense would it make for the local media to stop following the Razorbacks?  You think they'd actually risk alienating what would be the largest alumni base in the state? To cover who, exactly? Do you really think that would happen?

You're right. We could lose 1 fan an your argument would hold water. But I thought you just said, above, that we WOULDN'T lose fans? Make up your mind. And despite how special your story is, Auburn and Alabama still have plenty of fans to support their programs.  So maybe we lose some of the half-ass fans and their families (I still don't see real men all of the sudden saying, "frick the razorback," women maybe).
Jesus, your thick.

Where did I say, we'd "lose" a fan. I didn't. I'm talking about the atmosphere of kids growing up in this state. The atmosphere of insanity around everything Razorback all through the state down to Junction City.

That presence in Little Rock matters towards that. Period.

The band-aid option just serves to piss a lot of folks and money off on both sides, when the one game per year, then maybe one game every other year would ween people off of it.

Offline cinghiale

• A Shoat
  • ROOT HOG OR DIE!
« Reply #199 on: February 10, 2012, 01:41:42 PM »
...  I seriously doubt you are going to see fewer Razorback shirts at the Warren WMT because we aren't playing twice a year in LR.  ...

... Warren doesn't have a WMT ... guess they heard the Razorback games might be moved from WMS and decided to locate elsewhere ...