Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: GSD v2012.2.8 Build 70824  (Read 33060 times)

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
Re: GSD v2012.2.8 Build 70824
« Reply #200 on: February 10, 2012, 01:52:44 PM »
Jesus, your thick.

Where did I say, we'd "lose" a fan. I didn't. I'm talking about the atmosphere of kids growing up in this state. The atmosphere of insanity around everything Razorback all through the state down to Junction City.

You said we'd gain fans.  If we lose what would have otherwise gained, is that not a loss in your estimation?  Atmosphere is great, but it's not a guarantee.  If we got back to 4-8 seasons that would do a lot more towards hurting our atmosphere because our competition would have been so stellar during that time frame.  Because of widespread, nationwide coverage, the best thing we can do is make the program as strong as possible.  The football program.  Not a fan outreach program. The football program. 

That presence in Little Rock matters towards that. Period.

How about we play a game in SE Arkansas instead?  Then we can have this atmosphere thing covered from corner to corner.  Why stop at LR?  Fuck.  Let's play a game in every corner of the state on a rotating basis.  If you want to create an atmosphere such as the one you speak, why stop at LR?

The band-aid option just serves to piss a lot of folks and money off on both sides, when the one game per year, then maybe one game every other year would ween people off of it.

What would piss them off more? Moving all games to Fayetteville now, at the height of our program? Or waiting however long it takes before we actually can't afford to have the games in LR anymore?  My presumption is that sooner or later, all games will be in Fayetteville.  If that's the case, i'd rather we do it now (when fan support is so high).  If we let this carry on another 5, 10, 15 years and THEN pull the plug in somewhat of a downturn, or after millions have been pumped into WMS, I just see that as a huge waste.

Offline CJLR

• A Shoat
  • woopig.net
« Reply #201 on: February 10, 2012, 01:54:19 PM »
Move all the games and there will be many more, just like you, in this scenario.

I should have included in my post that the group I go to games with is generally in the same boat - early 30s, good jobs, just starting families, and alumni of the University.

And for those that say they don't care about losing fans to "their alma mater" in central and south Arkansas, F.U.C.K. you.  It's my alma mater too, twice over, and I do worry about it, so fuck off.  On that point, I love how several posters have talked the most shit about LR games and losing "half-ass fans and their families," yet have been to zero LR games in the past few years.  Why is that I wonder?  Is it not worth the expense of coming down here?

No one on this board, at least that I am aware of, is saying that the LSU game should not be moved, or that it is not entirely unreasonable for LR to only have one game.  But having a presence in LR is important - whether it be one game or two.  And pissing all over LR games only adds to the perception that you fucks that are lucky enough to live in NWA (or reasonable driving distance) are fucking arrogant and conceited cock-suckers. 

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #202 on: February 10, 2012, 02:00:08 PM »
You said we'd gain fans.  If we lose what would have otherwise gained, is that not a loss in your estimation?  Atmosphere is great, but it's not a guarantee.  If we got back to 4-8 seasons that would do a lot more towards hurting our atmosphere because our competition would have been so stellar during that time frame.  Because of widespread, nationwide coverage, the best thing we can do is make the program as strong as possible.  The football program.  Not a fan outreach program. The football program. 

How about we play a game in SE Arkansas instead?  Then we can have this atmosphere thing covered from corner to corner.  Why stop at LR?  frick.  Let's play a game in every corner of the state on a rotating basis.  If you want to create an atmosphere such as the one you speak, why stop at LR?

What would piss them off more? Moving all games to Fayetteville now, at the height of our program? Or waiting however long it takes before we actually can't afford to have the games in LR anymore?  My presumption is that sooner or later, all games will be in Fayetteville.  If that's the case, i'd rather we do it now (when fan support is so high).  If we let this carry on another 5, 10, 15 years and THEN pull the plug in somewhat of a downturn, or after millions have been pumped into WMS, I just see that as a huge waste.

You're just swimming in semantics, now.

I'm not rehashing one more god damn thing, for you.

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #203 on: February 10, 2012, 02:07:08 PM »

You're just swimming in semantics, now.

I'm not rehashing one more god damn thing, for you.

Offline Biff Malibu

• Resident Asshole
  • Boar
  • In...the...FACE!
« Reply #204 on: February 10, 2012, 02:08:55 PM »
I should have included in my post that the group I go to games with is generally in the same boat - early 30s, good jobs, just starting families, and alumni of the University.

And for those that say they don't care about losing fans to "their alma mater" in central and south Arkansas, F.U.C.K. you.  It's my alma mater too, twice over, and I do worry about it, so fuck off.  On that point, I love how several posters have talked the most shit about LR games and losing "half-ass fans and their families," yet have been to zero LR games in the past few years.  Why is that I wonder?  Is it not worth the expense of coming down here?

No one on this board, at least that I am aware of, is saying that the LSU game should not be moved, or that it is not entirely unreasonable for LR to only have one game.  But having a presence in LR is important - whether it be one game or two.  And pissing all over LR games only adds to the perception that you fucks that are lucky enough to live in NWA (or reasonable driving distance) are fucking arrogant and conceited cock-suckers.

First, the Hogs are not going to lose fans if there are not games in LR anymore.  That's a bullshit strawman argument.  Do you honestly think Bama lost fans when they moved the one or two games a year in Birmingham back to campus??  Horseshit...

Second, is it not worth the expense of coming from NWA to LR for a game??  Yes, it's worth it, but a lot of people don't because it's nothing more than a novelty now and they'd rather watch it on their 60' HD flat screen than get crammed onto aluminum bleachers.  I think only us NWA elitists have access to 60' flat screens...

...and on that topic...Third, stop it with you inferiority "elitist" NWA bullshit....anybody who runs out that tired crap should have their opinion automatically disqualified from consideration.  IT'S WHERE THE FUCKING CAMPUS IS! 

The revenue that is lost from LR only donations if games are moved will be made up by the extra revenue generated by have said games on campus.  period...end of story.

Offline Mike Slive

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #205 on: February 10, 2012, 02:19:33 PM »

And for those that say they don't care about losing fans to "their alma mater" in central and south Arkansas, F.U.C.K. you.  It's my alma mater too, twice over, and I do worry about it, so frick off.  On that point, I love how several posters have talked the most aMm about LR games and losing "half-ass fans and their families," yet have been to zero LR games in the past few years.  Why is that I wonder?  Is it not worth the expense of coming down here?

No one on this board, at least that I am aware of, is saying that the LSU game should not be moved, or that it is not entirely unreasonable for LR to only have one game.  But having a presence in LR is important - whether it be one game or two.  And pissing all over LR games only adds to the perception that you fricks that are lucky enough to live in NWA (or reasonable driving distance) are fricking arrogant and conceited cock-suckers.

Will you raise your kids to be Hog fans if they move the games?  Will you stop rooting for the Hogs around your kids?  I am a Cowboy's fan and never saw them in person but my Dad was a fan so I followed his footsteps.  Dallas isn't even in the state yet there are a lot of Cowboys fans in this state.  Did they use to play games here or something?  I wonder why a team 5 hours away can maintain fans from another state when they don't even play in this state?  Is it because that's what regional Pro team we have close to here?  Would the Hogs be considered in LR's region if they only played games on campus?  Even the AR media covers the Cowboys more than other Pro teams, why?

Offline Ty Webb

• I don't play golf, for money, against people
  • King of the Hogs
  • Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it
« Reply #206 on: February 10, 2012, 02:23:41 PM »
Leaving 1 non-conf game in LR, and taking a 1-1.5mil hit in the pocketbook to keep all parties happy seems a small price to pay vs the unknown risk of pulling all of them. But it's Long's call, not mine or yours.

That was not a good team we barely beat at home.  We seriously may not win another game this season. - BASS January 20, 2018, 07:40:43 PM

Offline Biff Malibu

• Resident Asshole
  • Boar
  • In...the...FACE!
« Reply #207 on: February 10, 2012, 02:37:53 PM »
Leaving 1 non-conf game in LR, and taking a 1-1.5mil hit in the pocketbook to keep all parties happy seems a small price to pay vs the unknown risk of pulling all of them. But it's Long's call, not mine or yours.

Well, it's not completely unknown.  It's not hard to look at the total amount in donations that come from people who only get LR tickets.  Of course, it's not that simple but an educated guess could be made.

As an "elitist" from NWA, I actually have no problem with one game a year in LR.  I'll still get my LR tickets and I'll just sell them if I don't go, I'm not having to make any larger of a donation to get those tickets anyway.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #208 on: February 10, 2012, 02:46:04 PM »
And it's entirely possible that they could multiple variations of season ticket packages. 

You could have season ticket package A: All Fayetteville games.
Package B: Half the home games.  One stud team (LSU, Bama) included.
Package C: The other half.

You see that in other sports. It's easy to make participating in the program easy for all potential season ticket holders.

Offline CJLR

• A Shoat
  • woopig.net
« Reply #209 on: February 10, 2012, 02:46:37 PM »
First, the Hogs are not going to lose fans if there are not games in LR anymore.  That's a bullshit strawman argument.  Do you honestly think Bama lost fans when they moved the one or two games a year in Birmingham back to campus??  Horseshit...

Second, is it not worth the expense of coming from NWA to LR for a game??  Yes, it's worth it, but a lot of people don't because it's nothing more than a novelty now and they'd rather watch it on their 60' HD flat screen than get crammed onto aluminum bleachers.  I think only us NWA elitists have access to 60' flat screens...

...and on that topic...Third, stop it with you inferiority "elitist" NWA bullshit....anybody who runs out that tired crap should have their opinion automatically disqualified from consideration.  IT'S WHERE THE fricking CAMPUS IS! 

The revenue that is lost from LR only donations if games are moved will be made up by the extra revenue generated by have said games on campus.  period...end of story.

Well, I guess since you ended your thoughts with a "period" every other viewpoint is invalid so I suppose I shouldn't even try but here goes.  To say that it is entirely a given that the UA won't lose any financial support by moving all of the games to Fayetteville is perhaps the stupidest shit I've read in this thread.  But I guess I forget that a "period" turns all speculation into pure fact so I'll go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt.  And to speculate that all the money that would be lost, would some how be magically made up of the difference in people coming up to Fayetteville vs LR, where do you think these people come from?  Here's some conjecture for you, if the Spring game attendance is any indication, it ain't NWA.  But I'm not going to rely on what I don't know.   

Here's what I do know, the UA would lose my donation.  Not because I am protesting anything and not because I'd suddenly disavowing my allegiance to the Hogs (which will never happen), but simply because it makes no economic sense for me to make a donation and buy season tickets.  And it makes no economic sense for me for one simple reason - the very "novelty" you speak of - of going up to Fayetteville to see us kick the shit out of a non-conference opponent 4-5 times out of 8 every year.       

And I'm not calling you an elitist, I'm calling you a conceited and arrogant cock-sucker.  In actuality, I feel much more of an elitist living in LR than NWA (as I should) but this isn't a thread about elitism, at least not for me.  BTW, I have a 70" TV.

Offline Ty Webb

• I don't play golf, for money, against people
  • King of the Hogs
  • Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it
« Reply #210 on: February 10, 2012, 02:51:08 PM »
And it's entirely possible that they could multiple variations of season ticket packages. 

You could have season ticket package A: All Fayetteville games.
Package B: Half the home games.  One stud team (LSU, Bama) included.
Package C: The other half.

You see that in other sports. It's easy to make participating in the program easy for all potential season ticket holders.
Funny, I was just talking with my brother and he said it'll come to a point where 2 families could pay for 4 season tickets and split them up with each group getting 4 games each. Plan B is basically the same thing type deal and I think would be a good alternative for alot of folks including my family.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 03:12:25 PM by Ty Webb »
That was not a good team we barely beat at home.  We seriously may not win another game this season. - BASS January 20, 2018, 07:40:43 PM

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #211 on: February 10, 2012, 03:05:34 PM »
Funny, I was just talking with my brother and he said it'll come to a point where 2 families could pay for 4 season tickets and split them up with each group getting 4 games each. Plan B is basically the same thing type deal and I think would be a good alternative for alot of folks.

Shit, as a single male in his late 20's, even I might hook up with a plan like that. All you'd have to do is even up each option. If more pick one over the other, then one half just won't get as good seats as they want that year.

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline Biff Malibu

• Resident Asshole
  • Boar
  • In...the...FACE!
« Reply #212 on: February 10, 2012, 03:22:24 PM »
Well, I guess since you ended your thoughts with a "period" every other viewpoint is invalid so I suppose I shouldn't even try but here goes.  To say that it is entirely a given that the UA won't lose any financial support by moving all of the games to Fayetteville is perhaps the stupidest shit I've read in this thread.  But I guess I forget that a "period" turns all speculation into pure fact so I'll go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt.  And to speculate that all the money that would be lost, would some how be magically made up of the difference in people coming up to Fayetteville vs LR, where do you think these people come from?  Here's some conjecture for you, if the Spring game attendance is any indication, it ain't NWA.  But I'm not going to rely on what I don't know.   

Here's what I do know, the UA would lose my donation.  Not because I am protesting anything and not because I'd suddenly disavowing my allegiance to the Hogs (which will never happen), but simply because it makes no economic sense for me to make a donation and buy season tickets.  And it makes no economic sense for me for one simple reason - the very "novelty" you speak of - of going up to Fayetteville to see us kick the shit out of a non-conference opponent 4-5 times out of 8 every year.       

And I'm not calling you an elitist, I'm calling you a conceited and arrogant cock-sucker.  In actuality, I feel much more of an elitist living in LR than NWA (as I should) but this isn't a thread about elitism, at least not for me.  BTW, I have a 70" TV.

I'm a conceited and arrogant cock-sucker because I wouldn't have a problem with our games being played ON FUCKING CAMPUS!  Now that's the stupidest fucking thing in this thread...

There's nothing magical about it being made up, one game would be a cupcake and roughly 15,000 more people would attend it in Fayetteville than in LR....the other game would be an SEC game and roughly 20,000 more people would attend it.  You may not like it but Jeff Long is not going to give two shits if you and your five Tush Hog buddies stop contributing.  Demand is going to keep going up for a perrenial top 10 program, if people like you drop out, there will be others who haven't been contributing that will decide that they want to now.  Nothing personal...simply supply and demand.

of going up to Fayetteville to see us kick the shit out of a non-conference opponent 4-5 times out of 8 every year.

At least try to stick to facts if you're going to resort to hyperbole. Last time I checked, we don't have 5 home non-conference games. This coming season, for example, we'll have two cupcakes, a mid major (Tulsa) and a BCS conf opponent (Rutgers).

Let me ask you a serious question, you're a Notre Dame grad living in Indianapolis, are you going to get your panties in a wad if Notre Dame plays all of its games in South Bend and doesn't throw ND grads that live closer to Indy a bone by having a game at Lucas Oil Field?

I've lived in LR as well...you may feel like more of an elitist living down, but I'm not sure why and I'm pretty sure you shouldn't.

I've actually got a 120' projection setup that's only sold to NWA cock suckers.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 03:29:04 PM by Biff Malibu »

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #213 on: February 10, 2012, 03:28:34 PM »
I'm not sure Notre Dame is the best example considering that they're playing home games at:
Chicago 2012
Dublin, Ireland 2012
Dallas 2013
New York 2014,2015,2016

They're playing @Navy to kick off the year in fricking Dublin, Ireland.
Corrected. It's a home game too. They have 8 home games this year. Two off campus.
Don't think they'll have any non-official visits on that opening game vs Navy.

They're Notre Dame and they can do these things.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 03:33:34 PM by Stephen Colboar »

Offline Biff Malibu

• Resident Asshole
  • Boar
  • In...the...FACE!
« Reply #214 on: February 10, 2012, 03:39:28 PM »
I'm not sure Notre Dame is the best example considering that they're playing home games at:
Chicago 2012
Dublin, Ireland 2012
Dallas 2013
New York 2014,2015,2016

They're playing @Navy to kick off the year in fricking Dublin, Ireland.
Corrected. It's a home game too. They have 8 home games this year. Two off campus.
Don't think they'll have any non-official visits on that opening game vs Navy.

They're Notre Dame and they can do these things.

None of those places are LR and none are in a run down, out of date stadium.  I'm not going to look but I am also assuming that those games are marquee games, not La Monroe.

Agreed though, ND isn't the best example...though the Alabama one I used earlier is.

Offline bakervscarrr

• puts honey on his pizza
  • Boar
« Reply #215 on: February 10, 2012, 03:51:37 PM »
None of those places are LR and none are in a run down, out of date stadium.  I'm not going to look but I am also assuming that those games are marquee games, not La Monroe.

Agreed though, ND isn't the best example...though the Alabama one I used earlier is.

Alabama isn't a good example.  Tuscaloosa is 60 miles from Birmigham, and it's on a major interstate and has been for decades. Having games at Legion was about nothing but convenience for Birminghamians.  While there is certainly some of that from the LR crowd, that's not the compelling argument for Little Rock games to me.  I live in the metro and I prefer games in Fayetteville.

Offline Biff Malibu

• Resident Asshole
  • Boar
  • In...the...FACE!
« Reply #216 on: February 10, 2012, 04:03:14 PM »
Alabama isn't a good example.  Tuscaloosa is 60 miles from Birmigham, and it's on a major interstate and has been for decades. Having games at Legion was about nothing but convenience for Birminghamians.  While there is certainly some of that from the LR crowd, that's not the compelling argument for Little Rock games to me.  I live in the metro and I prefer games in Fayetteville.

I think currently, having games in LR is mainly about the same thing, conveinence.  It used to be about exposure in the central part of the state, recruiting and the fact that it took 5+ hours to get to Fayetteville.  TV and new highways have made that argument irrelevant. 

Not to mention how many players we used to have to get from the state back when recruiting was local and regional.  I think this latest class shows just how much that has changed.  Four kids from the state and none from Central Arkansas.

Bottomline, we're going to get exposure in central, south, east Arkansas regardless of whether we have games in LR.

Offline bakervscarrr

• puts honey on his pizza
  • Boar
« Reply #217 on: February 10, 2012, 04:21:03 PM »
I think currently, having games in LR is mainly about the same thing, conveinence.  It used to be about exposure in the central part of the state, recruiting and the fact that it took 5+ hours to get to Fayetteville.  TV and new highways have made that argument irrelevant. 

Not to mention how many players we used to have to get from the state back when recruiting was local and regional.  I think this latest class shows just how much that has changed.  Four kids from the state and none from Central Arkansas.

Bottomline, we're going to get exposure in central, south, east Arkansas regardless of whether we have games in LR.

You're always going to get exposure.  We just might not maintain a death grip on every town within the borders, particularly those who aren't beholden to Arkansas media. Towns who get newscasts originating from outside the state.

But when we're adding thousands of kids every year from Texas and south Arkansas is leaking residents like a sieve, the dirty truth is that the support of those the UA stands to lose is worth less than what they stand to gain by moving the games. People who want to move the games don't want to say it, and those of us who don't want games moved don't want to admit it, but that's the rub.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #218 on: February 10, 2012, 04:43:43 PM »

Alabama has home games at
2012 - Dallas
2013 - Atlanta
2014 - Atlanta

Having one home game off campus is not a huge setback.
Yes, these are higher profile games and blah, blah, blah.

On years where we have 8 home games, it's no big deal and we can still do a LR game and a higher profile Dallas type game.

Having 6 on-campus home games where we can do officials is not hindering the program.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #219 on: February 10, 2012, 04:45:37 PM »
You're always going to get exposure.  We just might not maintain a death grip on every town within the borders, particularly those who aren't beholden to Arkansas media. Towns who get newscasts originating from outside the state.

But when we're adding thousands of kids every year from Texas and south Arkansas is leaking residents like a sieve, the dirty truth is that the support of those the UA stands to lose is worth less than what they stand to gain by moving the games. People who want to move the games don't want to say it, and those of us who don't want games moved don't want to admit it, but that's the rub.

Yeah I agree.

I'm just more in the camp of letting it work itself out with the one game deal for a while.
Leak it out.

Then at that point, it probably won't fricking matter.

If the demand for such games in Little Rock slowly erodes, then there's no problem.
If you ignore the demand and rip it away, issues will be created.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 04:55:51 PM by Stephen Colboar »

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #220 on: February 10, 2012, 05:50:43 PM »
2012 - Dallas
2013 - Atlanta
2014 - Atlanta

On years where we have 8 home games, it's no big deal and we can still do a LR game and a higher profile Dallas type game.

Having 6 on-campus home games where we can do officials is not hindering the program.

Home games or neutral site games?

The one in DFW is sure as hell not a home game.

Online hogsrunwild

• King of the Hogs
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #221 on: February 10, 2012, 07:12:23 PM »
2012 - Dallas
2013 - Atlanta
2014 - Atlanta

Are they losing money on those games?

Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #222 on: February 10, 2012, 07:36:17 PM »
I am ok with one game per year at WMS, and I'm ok with that being an SEC game every other year.  (but never LSU)

I also don't have a problem scheduling stAte now and then, but I wouldn't want it to be an every year thing, simply because there are apparently a lot of retarded people in this state who might mistake it for a "rivalry" game.  Those kids would play their best, and it might make for a decent warm-up early season game most years. 

I'd like that game to be in Fayetteville, mainly because it would be a hard sell-out every time, even if it took 10k Howl-tards to do it.  And the HAS (Howlin And aMm) would probably play us for next to nothing.  Starkville, if they'd play in Fayetteville for free, and sell more hotdogs, we might come out making an extra $1million per season just by playing their stupid asses.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 07:40:54 PM by wmr »
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline Hogwildpigcrazy

• Boar
« Reply #223 on: February 10, 2012, 08:07:59 PM »
Note to hogsrunwild.

Until you change your avatar, I will never know what the fuck you posted.

Our founding fathers would have been shooting by now.

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
« Reply #224 on: February 10, 2012, 10:14:28 PM »
1. nobody at the university of arkansas gives a flying fuck what anyone on this board thinks unless you have a family member working for the university, and then only one person at the uofa gives a flying fuck and the other 25,000 people on campus don't.

2. the athletic department doesn't give two shits about your preferences of where games are played. 

3. the football team doesn't give two shits about your preferences of where games are played.

4. bmfp doesn't give two shits about your preferences of where games are played.

5. the uofa started playing games in wms after the stadium was built in the late 40's because:
     a. it was 20,000 seats larger than razorback stadium
     b. the roads to fayetteville sucked donkey dick
     c. there weren't enough people in nwa to fill up razorback stadium
     d. the uofa made a shitload more money for each home game they played in wms

6. none of the 4 reasons the uofa started playing in wms exist anymore.

7. the tradition of playing in wms has its roots based on making the most money for the program.  for tradition's sake they better move all of the games pronto, we don't want to miss out on any tradition.

8. no one in the athletic department gives two shits about little rock's hotel/restaurant/bar income from the razorback games.  if its so damn important, the city can find other events to cater to that income.

9. arkansas puts out a whopping 4 or 5 sec caliber athletes per year.  if we lose out on one because his mommy and daddy can take a shorter trip to oxfart, ruston, monroe, or memphrica, nobody is going to care and the football program will survive.  if we lose out on all of them (which isn't going to happen), we'll replace them with kids from another state.

10. if you are whining about games being moved from little rock because you don't want to have to drive 3 hours to watch the games live and in person, quit being a pussy.

11. if you are being a pussy about driving 3 hours for games because you have to shell out an extra $100 in gas and $100 for a hotel room, then keep your ass at home and watch on tv like a half a million other people in this state for every home game, someone else will buy your ticket, in case you didn't know there are about 600,000 people in nwa now.  tennessee fans in memphrica that drive 10 hours to knoxville for games and never complain about jack shit are putting all you moufbreathing pussies to shame.

12. if you will truly stop giving money to the uofa or stop being a fan because the uofa isn't catering to your need to be a pussy, then get the fuck out, razorback fans don't need you on the roll call.  go be an a state fan and hope and pray that before you die that with all of the money you give them they will finally graduate out of the sun belt.  or give all of your money to ualr in hopes that they start an intramural league.

13. expanding wms to 80,000 seating capacity will cost upwards of $100m or more, hell they spent $20m on a fucking press box.  if the wms commission and city of little rock make an extra $1m per game because of the expansion, the stadium will need to be renovated again or bulldozed before the expansion pays for itself.  if that extra revenue is going to the city of lr and wms commission, what is the monetary benefit to the uofa to keep playing there after the expansion?

14. the current athletic department and university administration are simply biding their time until the wms contract is up in 2016.  there will not be a renewal.  for an explanation as to why, re-read #'s 1 through 12.

15. the wms contract "extension" signed by jeff long right after he was hired was a facade.  jeff long got on campus and realized the athletic department couldn't afford to play 3 games in wms in any one season (existing contract was through 2014 and stated that in 2 of the years 3 games had to be played in wms) because the department needed that extra $1.5m in those seasons.  his solution was to keep playing the 2 game format and promise them an extra 2 years, a total of 2 additional games in wms through 2016 vs the original contract through 2014.  it had nothing to do with any other justification wms supporters want to believe about jeff long's and the uofa's commitment to central arkansas.

16. i was born and raised in saline county and lived there until i went to college at the uofa.  my first games were in wms.  i was at the best game ever hosted in that stadium, the shootout with houston in '89.  i am not an nwa elitist and don't get or give a fuck about the whole central arkansas vs nwa pissing contest among all you ra-tards.

17. i think playing games away from your campus is fucking stupid.  if there is no benefit to the university to do so, like more money from ticket sales, it is beyond fucking stupid.  playing games away from your campus in a smaller piece of shit rodeo arena on steroids while losing $1.5-$2m per game in revenue, losing the ability to host recruits for a home game per year, and being the laughing stock of the college football world in front of a national tv audience once a year for playing in said piece of shit rodeo arena on steriods approaches levels of stupidity that god never imagined possible of an organism even when he created the single cell bacteria to decompose shit.

Drives in the left lane with the hammer down.