Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: DEA Raids TCU  (Read 41521 times)

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
Re: DEA Raids TCU
« Reply #325 on: March 03, 2012, 06:30:33 PM »
Are you being serious?

Schedule II
Substances in this schedule have a high potential for abuse which may lead to severe psychological or physical dependence.

Examples of single entity schedule II narcotics include morphine and opium. Other schedule II narcotic substances and their common name brand products include: hydromorphone (Dilaudid®), methadone (Dolophine®), meperidine (Demerol®), oxycodone (OxyContin®), and fentanyl (Sublimaze® or Duragesic®).

Examples of schedule II stimulants include: amphetamine (Dexedrine®, Adderall®), methamphetamine (Desoxyn®), and methylphenidate (Ritalin®). Other schedule II substances include: cocaine, amobarbital, glutethimide, and pentobarbital.

http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/schedules/index.html#list

You probably have this literature at your house somewhere. However, i am not sure if you have ever read it:

http://pi.shirecontent.com/PI/PDFs/AdderallXR_USA_ENG.PDF

And just for propaganda sake :

http://www.adderall.net/

Not entirely serious with the non-addictive comment, but it is not near as bad as you, others, and the available literature want you to believe.

Abusing these drugs is bad and you may develop a dependency as a result, obviously all of the drugs you mentioned do not have the same addictiveness or same level of harmful affects.  For some other of my thoughts on that, read some of my more recent posts on this page.  Listing possible side effects is a bit of a red herring.

After taking adderall for a year and a half, I have never had a craving to take the next dose, nor a withdrawal symptom when I forget to take a dose.  Missing my morning cup of coffee has much worse consequences for me than not taking my meds.  I forget to take doses and have a daily reminder on my phone set to go off at 1:00 to help me not forget.  Any kind of dependency would suggest you don't need to be reminded to get your next fix. Does that sound like a highly addictive, habit forming, physically and psychologically dependent drug?  But, according to you and several others on here i've got an amphetamine addiction and apparently a screwed up person because I don't even realize it. 

« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 06:41:27 PM by BASS »
Drives in the left lane with the hammer down.

Offline MDEM

• Hater
  • Boar
  • Repulsive Degenerate
« Reply #326 on: March 03, 2012, 08:02:36 PM »
Not entirely serious with the non-addictive comment, but it is not near as bad as you, others, and the available literature want you to believe.

Abusing these drugs is bad and you may develop a dependency as a result, obviously all of the drugs you mentioned do not have the same addictiveness or same level of harmful affects.  For some other of my thoughts on that, read some of my more recent posts on this page.  Listing possible side effects is a bit of a red herring.

After taking adderall for a year and a half, I have never had a craving to take the next dose, nor a withdrawal symptom when I forget to take a dose.  Missing my morning cup of coffee has much worse consequences for me than not taking my meds.  I forget to take doses and have a daily reminder on my phone set to go off at 1:00 to help me not forget.  Any kind of dependency would suggest you don't need to be reminded to get your next fix. Does that sound like a highly addictive, habit forming, physically and psychologically dependent drug?  But, according to you and several others on here i've got an amphetamine addiction and apparently a screwed up person because I don't even realize it.

If it works for you, rock on.  Fuck these assholes.  It's your life.

You only have one person to answer to.

This is a high quality post.

Offline The Reverend Snoophogg

• A wacked out, east Arkansan turned well-to-do Ferndale-ite
  • King of the Hogs
  • ADMINISTRATOR
« Reply #327 on: March 03, 2012, 08:21:15 PM »
If it works for you, rock on.  Fuck these assholes.  It's your life.

This^^^^^^*^^

Your new administration.
Accept it, bitches!

That's me.

Offline subliznime

• Don't tread on me!
  • Boar
  • We are the like
« Reply #328 on: March 03, 2012, 10:15:22 PM »

His wife?

“An intellectual is a person who has discovered something more interesting than sex.”
― Aldous Huxley

Offline subliznime

• Don't tread on me!
  • Boar
  • We are the like
« Reply #329 on: March 04, 2012, 01:40:38 AM »
If it works for you, rock on.  frick these assholes.  It's your life.

It took me talking to my friend tonight who is an organic chemistry teacher at a local college for me to realize anythIng more than this approach and im being preachy as the sons a bitches that hate the herbs.

To bass: i know one thing. No one can tell me what i can and cannot put in my body and you should feel the same . I am sorry I projected my plight on to you. Everything i stand for says that if you feeel you need to take or do whatever to make you happy as long as it doesnt harm others do it. The scorpio in me makes my passions for anything run crazy and then the ox year i was born makes me hard headed as a motherfucker. And in all truth thats how the oilfield west texas side of my family always was.  so, genetics is the most of it ;). Most of my issue is with giving these drugs to a non fully developed brain of a child. It also weirds me out that a 30 year old finds benefit from this drug. If you think it helps do it. It is your body. Some people around here think i smoke too much herb. I say Fuck em.

“An intellectual is a person who has discovered something more interesting than sex.”
― Aldous Huxley

Offline littlerayofsunshine

• Wild Hog
  • Bitches, rub your titties if you love Big Poppa...
« Reply #330 on: March 04, 2012, 07:18:15 AM »
BASS - Just so it's on the record, I'm all for you doing whatever the fuck you want to.  It was never my intent to critcize your use of the medication.  Hell, to this day I still wonder if I may very well need it myself.  I always did well in school.  College wasn't hard for me at all, but I started to show some extreme difficulty finishing tests within time limits during that time (I had the same problem in high school, but my teachers always allowed me the time I needed to finish).  In spite of that, I still graduated with honors.  After college I enrolled in law school, where the difficulties became more pronounced.  I had 4 hours to complete every final I had my first semester in law school and I didn't finish one of them.  The dean of students at the law school I attended was the first person to ever even make me consider the possibility that I might suffer from ADD.  He suggested I get tested, so I went to my family doctor and he set me up an appointment with a psychiatrist, and I showed up for testing at a clinic.  To begin with I was given an IQ test.  I was given a few tasks to complete.  Towards the end they gave me what I believe was the MMPI.  Like 400 simple questions.  I made it halfway through, made up an excuse that I had some shit to do and would come back the next day and finish it.  That was over 10 years ago.  And I never finished law school.  And I have no idea what the result of any of that testing was.

I've had 3 really close friends struggle with Adderall addiction in the past.  To a large degree, it is why I haven't pursued the issue any further with regard to my own situation.  I'm almost afraid they're gonna tell me I need it.  That being said, I can't deny that it may very well help me live in this world a little more efficiently.  You've definitely renewed my interest in getting to the bottom of the issue.  Thanks for that, regardless of whether we agree on the addictive nature of any relevant substances.   :beer:

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."  - Carl Sagan

Offline Passed

• What the fuck you lookin' at?
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #331 on: March 04, 2012, 07:48:31 AM »
As far as the meds and addiction; they doesn't erradicate the symptoms, but attention, focus, and impulsiveness are all noticeably better.  You have to do things to help yourself with ADHD; like make lists or set routines so that you don't forget things, knowing you will forget them if you don't.  And I mean simple things like putting on a belt or fixing your hair before you leave for work; you'd be surprised how something as simple as my shoes not being in the closet and I have to go look for them throws off my whole morning routine and I end up at work with no belt, or no phone, or no wallet.  It is a life that is frustrating as hell; you're smart enough to test in the 97th percentile on IQ tests in elementary school, graduate with a master's degree magna cum laude, and yet every time there is the slightest change to your routine you can't keep your thoughts organized well enough to remember to fix your fucking hair before you go to work.  And I don't mean you woke up late and your in a hurry, or hungover and just slipped your mind once last year and it was funny.  I mean it happens every single time your routine is thrown off, which can be a few times a week.

Sounds like a day in my life lol.  If I don't go through my routines in the mornings and evenings then shit gets all fucked up.  My wife has finally gotten to the point where she no longer moves my daily life stuff when she cleans (wallet, watch, keys, lighter, hat, etc).  I got out of routine one morning looking for my boots, and wound up leaving the house without my wallet, watch, bike key-fob and house keys.  Luckily I stopped for gas and figured it out when I couldn't open the gas cover, and of course, was stuck since I didn't have my fob and couldn't re-start the bike.  Had to have the wife bring me my stuff.  It's also really difficult to explain this particular issue to people... they just don't get it.  I did move my second fob out of the garage so now I can't even start the bike without having it in my pocket.  Which has saved me from this same situation several times now (3 this week alone).  It's really weird hearing someone else deal with that same thing.  If my routine is off just a bit, I forget my stuff, or I walk around all day trying to remember what I feel like I forgot.  Same goes for in the evening when I get home.  I have to immediately go to my office and deposit my stuff in it's proper location so that I don't forget to, and wind up leaving it somewhere else.  I've even gotten to the point where I get ready in the morning in the exact same order every day.

I do still struggle with remembering to make to-do lists and set reminders.  Which makes me look like a huge procrastinator since I end up forgetting to do stuff until it's too late and have to put it off until the next day... rinse and repeat.

Offline cooter

• Boar
« Reply #332 on: March 04, 2012, 10:19:55 AM »
Sounds like a day in my life lol.  If I don't go through my routines in the mornings and evenings then shit gets all fucked up.  My wife has finally gotten to the point where she no longer moves my daily life stuff when she cleans (wallet, watch, keys, lighter, hat, etc).  I got out of routine one morning looking for my boots, and wound up leaving the house without my wallet, watch, bike key-fob and house keys.  Luckily I stopped for gas and figured it out when I couldn't open the gas cover, and of course, was stuck since I didn't have my fob and couldn't re-start the bike.  Had to have the wife bring me my stuff.  It's also really difficult to explain this particular issue to people... they just don't get it.  I did move my second fob out of the garage so now I can't even start the bike without having it in my pocket.  Which has saved me from this same situation several times now (3 this week alone).  It's really weird hearing someone else deal with that same thing.  If my routine is off just a bit, I forget my stuff, or I walk around all day trying to remember what I feel like I forgot.  Same goes for in the evening when I get home.  I have to immediately go to my office and deposit my stuff in it's proper location so that I don't forget to, and wind up leaving it somewhere else.  I've even gotten to the point where I get ready in the morning in the exact same order every day.

I do still struggle with remembering to make to-do lists and set reminders.  Which makes me look like a huge procrastinator since I end up forgetting to do stuff until it's too late and have to put it off until the next day... rinse and repeat.

Dude, this is the kindler gentler woopig so I'm not judging.  Sounds more like obsessive/compulsive than ADHD though.  It's very common and I don't think ritalin is going to help you.  I'm an even numbers guy myself.

Offline Passed

• What the fuck you lookin' at?
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #333 on: March 04, 2012, 11:36:18 AM »
Dude, this is the kindler gentler woopig so I'm not judging.  Sounds more like obsessive/compulsive than ADHD though.  It's very common and I don't think ritalin is going to help you.  I'm an even numbers guy myself.

I think you misunderstood me.  There is no compulsion involved.  My routines are simply something created, by me, to ensure that I don't forget my daily essential items.  It's a trick that a shrink taught me when I was a kid...  And then further reinforced by my time in the Corps.  No compulsion what-so-ever.  Just a habit that I consciously created so that I wouldn't forget my stuff when I get distracted in the mornings, or if something goes awry. 

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • King of the Hogs
  • Strict No Tolerance Palsy
« Reply #334 on: March 04, 2012, 02:34:15 PM »
Before I will let any physician prescribe a medication for me, I ask his zodiac sign and factor in precession to determine his true astrological bent.  Because if there's one thing that concerns me about a grown man who has been through 20-30 years of school, it's what month he was born.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #335 on: March 05, 2012, 10:47:16 AM »
Who the fuck turned this into a discussion about ADHD?  There's long paragraphs, links, graphs, blah, blah.  Let's get back on topic.   O0

Offline The Reverend Snoophogg

• A wacked out, east Arkansan turned well-to-do Ferndale-ite
  • King of the Hogs
  • ADMINISTRATOR
« Reply #336 on: March 05, 2012, 08:36:50 PM »
Who the fuck turned this into a discussion about ADHD?  There's long paragraphs, links, graphs, blah, blah.  Let's get back on topic.   O0

This

Is

WOOPIG!

You know shit gets derailed here more than the Bangladeshi Railroad.

Your new administration.
Accept it, bitches!

That's me.

Offline cooter

• Boar
« Reply #337 on: March 06, 2012, 12:04:28 AM »

Probably the ones with ADHD. Wouldn't you think?

Offline Death By Sooiecide

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #338 on: March 08, 2012, 11:46:54 AM »
Right.  It's TCU, not Baylor
This is Baylor