Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Corndogs to Gods Country  (Read 33946 times)

Offline sainthog

• A Shoat
  • 77/88
Re: Corndogs to Gods Country
« Reply #175 on: February 25, 2012, 11:46:21 AM »
Hanks. Fiiiiiiiiiiiiine furniture.

The FFO Bowl

Offline Tanny Bogus

• Haunting Wickes since the mid-50's
  • King of the Hogs
  • Longtime Fan of Tom Rogic
« Reply #176 on: February 25, 2012, 02:13:56 PM »
Hanks. Fiiiiiiiiiiiiine furniture.
OT but what is the deal with odd hand motions and furniture sales?  Hank does the weird repetitive robotic motions and the Sams guy is always rocking the ZZTop thing. 

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #177 on: February 25, 2012, 05:25:13 PM »
That's just Hank who's a nice guy but one cheap SOB

AYFSM?

Offline Hackfuck McDouche

• King of the Hogs
  • Call the Supernatural.
« Reply #178 on: February 25, 2012, 06:03:49 PM »
OT but what is the deal with odd hand motions and furniture sales?  Hank does the weird repetitive robotic motions and the Sams guy is always rocking the ZZTop thing. 

The Sam's guy is the walking, talking definition of morbidly obese.  Saw that guy once in his Grand Cherokee (with gold plated badgest, natch) and it looked like 10 pounds of sugar shoved into a 5 pound bag.

Offline hogggdadi

• Tush Hog
  • I'm watching you on the pig. always
« Reply #179 on: February 27, 2012, 12:54:36 PM »
I thought that thing was closed.  Besides, Cothams Hubcap hamburgers there are a better draw.

In Mobile, you can git dronk and go piss in the gulf.

You guys quit hatin on scott & Keo. ( since I live out that way)  Cothams is ok, one of the few local joints we have close.  don't be threatening to burn it down.  also, FYI this will be the next major growth of central arkansas, since there's nowhere else to expand in LR/NLR.  keep this hurr, tho.

You only have to be the best team today.

Offline Southern Yeoman

• Wild Hog
« Reply #180 on: February 27, 2012, 01:03:43 PM »
Nothing wrong with England, Scott or Keo.  Quickest way to get out in the country from LR.  Lots of oxbows to catch the cats/crappie on.  Too durn hot, though.  And enjoy your dirt washed down there from the Boston Mountains.  I wish I could get it back.

Offline Turd F.

• Skiddly biddly bop
  • Boar
« Reply #181 on: March 01, 2012, 09:58:50 PM »
Saw this being discussed on TD. LSU's AD made a remark insinuating that he'd prefer LSU vs. A&M to be on Thanksgiving. Interesting, I guess.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/2187346-123/scheduling-could-be-sticky-in.html

Then there’s the matter of who LSU would end the season with. Since Arkansas joined the SEC in 1992, that team has been the Razorbacks. But Alleva is warming to the idea of ending the season against A&M, and he said he gets a similar vibe from College Station. That rivalry would be a natural season-ender for two schools with so much similar territory in common, but one of the problems is what to do with Arkansas?

Nick Cave: "I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the fuck is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers.”

Offline RedRiverHog

• Tush Hog
  • Fuck Texas
« Reply #182 on: March 01, 2012, 10:17:06 PM »
Pussy motherfuckers

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
« Reply #183 on: March 02, 2012, 12:22:38 AM »

Offline sainthog

• A Shoat
  • 77/88
« Reply #184 on: March 02, 2012, 06:36:00 AM »
Saw this being discussed on TD. LSU's AD made a remark insinuating that he'd prefer LSU vs. A&M to be on Thanksgiving. Interesting, I guess.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/2187346-123/scheduling-could-be-sticky-in.html

Then there’s the matter of who LSU would end the season with. Since Arkansas joined the SEC in 1992, that team has been the Razorbacks. But Alleva is warming to the idea of ending the season against A&M,cause we would beat that ass every year and he said he gets a similar vibe from College Station. That rivalry would be a natural season-ender for two schools with so much similar territory in common, but one of the problems is what to do with Arkansas?

« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 06:39:21 AM by sainthog »

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #185 on: March 02, 2012, 08:16:14 AM »
The coldest one I remember was a Fayetteville game vs Ole Miss.  We won 35-0 (something like this), but the sleet and rain went the entire game.  This would've been probably 12 years ago or so.  Our season tickets were still close to the top of the West side.

To echo a sentiment from earlier in this thread...I was at this game on my band recruiting visit.  It was my first exposure to Arkansas football, having grown up in Texas in a family that only cared about pro football.  It. Was. Miserable.  We ended up leaving sometime in the 3rd quarter because my little sister was so miserable.  But the fans won me over.  I'll never forget that.  It was 1998. 

Offline Ty Webb

• I don't play golf, for money, against people
  • King of the Hogs
  • Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it
« Reply #186 on: March 02, 2012, 08:29:18 AM »

Then there’s the matter of who LSU would end the season with. Since Arkansas joined the SEC in 1992, that team has been the Razorbacks. But Alleva is warming to the idea of ending the season against A&M, and he said he gets a similar vibe from College Station. That rivalry would be a natural season-ender for two schools with so much similar territory in common, but one of the problems is what to do with Arkansas?
Give us Mizzou in this spot so we can lay that ass-whipping on them each year after their roster is beat up and depleted.

That was not a good team we barely beat at home.  We seriously may not win another game this season. - BASS January 20, 2018, 07:40:43 PM

Offline shortstop6

• Cooled-Out Buddhist Cowboy
  • Boar
  • Lathed from solid envy, thick with menace.
« Reply #187 on: March 02, 2012, 08:42:14 AM »
Give us Mizzou in this spot so we can lay that ass-whipping on them each year after their roster is beat up and depleted.

So, Mizzou really is the new Vanderbilt...

I'm an outdoorsman.  I like getting drunk on patios.

Offline Cerdo

• Despacito
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #188 on: March 02, 2012, 09:45:12 AM »
I don't give a frick when we play Corndog University.  We'll whip that ass in October in front of a national and INTERESTED audience.  They can play A&M after we've left them both irrelevant in the national title race while we whip the shit out of Mizzou the Saturday after Thanksgiving. 

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #189 on: March 02, 2012, 11:16:18 AM »
Why are we automatically assuming we'd play Mizzou on that day?
It could just as easily be Tennessee or Vandy. Scheduling is a complete mess right now.

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
  • FAH Q
« Reply #190 on: March 02, 2012, 11:42:02 AM »
Why are we automatically assuming we'd play Mizzou on that day?
It could just as easily be Tennessee or Vandy. Scheduling is a complete mess right now.

I'm just free styling here--but myself and many other Hog fans fricking hate Mizzou right now. Hopefully those that make these kinds of decisions are picking up on that.