Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Football Recruiting 2014  (Read 68499 times)

Offline Turd F.

• Wrote the Big Beat Manifesto
  • Tush Hog
Football Recruiting 2014
« on: June 11, 2012, 07:35:16 PM »
http://recruiting.arpreps.com/2012/06/11/top-qb-becomes-first-2014-commitment/

2014 QB Rafe Peavey, 6-2, 197 pounds, 4.5 of Bolivar (Mo.) High School has committed to Arkansas. He becomes the first pledge for the 2014 class.

He chose the Hogs over about nine other offers, including Missouri, Nebraska, UCLA, Boston College, Connecticut and Ole Miss.

Offline Death By Sooiecide

• King of the Hogs
Re: Football Recruiting 2014
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 06:30:47 AM »

Offline aNiMaL

• Soap with a prize inside!
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 02:22:55 PM »
As long as we can watch out for them fancy Mizzou helicopters we should be in pretty good shape then.
I totally yielded.

Offline HOGGLY WOGGLY

• Shitter's Full
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 09:33:05 PM »
4 star DT Bijhon Jackson committed.

Offline VegasHog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 06:19:15 PM »
Tenpenny's teammate Juan Day committed.

Offline Ty Webb

• Your uncle molests collies.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hog football will win 6 in '14
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 10:30:49 PM »
Tenpenny's teammate Juan Day committed.

Damn, we sure are missing Timmy Horton already.
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 04:36:20 AM »
Are you kidding me?  Tee-im locked that kid up for us in secret.... while he was working for free.... bleeding all that Razorback red. 

Offline HughJasole

• Your mother has a vagina that will #NeverYield
  • Wild Hog
  • You ain't bout that life
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 07:42:34 AM »
Day's first cousin?

This guy...

Offline Turd F.

• Tush Hog
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 08:07:31 PM »
Josh Frazier's mom is posting on grudenvillehomeofthedregsandsimpletons. We can only hope they don't scare her off...
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2013/jan/14/fraziers-mother-gives-thoughts-ua-visit/

"Highly regarded Springdale Har-Ber junior defensive lineman Josh Frazier and his mother, Donna visited Arkansas on Sunday.
Frazier, 6-4, 324, 5.1 seconds in the 40 yard dash, has scholarship offers from Arkansas, Alabama, Dead Trees and Arkansas State. He and his mother were very impressed with Coach Bret Bielema and the staff during their four and half hour visit.
Donna Frazier gave her thoughts on the visit on a Razorback message board, grudenvillehomeofthedregsandsimpletons.net. It has been confirmed the post is her's. Click here"

CLICK

http://www.grudenvillehomeofthedregsandsimpletons.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=527007.0

"Hey all.  I said I'd be getting back to y'all about Joshua's visit.  I know many have been waiting with baited breath.

Well, shortly after we arrived, we discovered that it was Coach Bielema's 43rd birthday yesterday.  He met us at the door in a warm-up suit and flip-flops along with 2 other coaches.  He was so pleasant and relaxed as he shared his world views on the importance of flip-flops, and although I don't wear them much, I happen to agree.  I get pretty cranky when I have to wear shoes that hurt my feet. 

This coaching staff compared to Petrino's is much more relatable and genuine.  It didn't get past me and Joshua last year that Petrino's bunch just seemed a bit pretentious and overly mushy towards him as an athlete.  Joshua appreciated the candor and down-to-"earthiness" of this bunch a lot more.

I must say, we had a very good visit.  I will try to refrain from speaking for Joshua, he doesn't like for me to do that, but my take on his reaction was a VERY positive one.  Our visit with CBB and Coach Partridge was encouraging.  Joshua was attentive and engaged throughout the visit.  His time spent with the strengthening coach, Bob Herbert, was especially enjoyable to Joshua.  Coach Herbert is a very intense, results-oriented trainer who will take our players to another level physically to prepare for the most formidable of opponents. 

Coach Partridge seems to be a fair and no-nonsense DL coach who is versatile in his approach to how he handles relationships with players.  Joshua seemed particularly pleased with some of the tips Coach Partridge showed him in how he focuses on opponents and how to get the upper hand when the ball is snapped. 

Academically, what the school has to offer for student athletes is bar-none the best of the best.  I'm so glad to see what Arkansas puts into seeing to it that their athletes achieve in the classroom as well as on the field.  I've made it clear before, as to who I want to take my son to through and to the next phase of his life/career and that is Arkansas. 

I will say to those of you with questions about their ability to recruit, you should trust their process.  They get to know who they are recruiting and have the ability to line right up with what any player is looking for in a school, a team, or a coaching staff...and its not because their placating the recruit, it's just that they are just that versatile and relatable to just about anyone they come into contact with. 

Coach Bielema and his coaches had me and Joshua feeling like we were talking to our next door neighbors as opposed to Petrino's bunch that had me feeling like we were talking to a bunch of politicians who were scrambling for our vote in the next election.

They've set the bar very high and in my opinion, will be the ones to beat as we continue through the recruitment process.  I have a very keen sense of judgement and believe this is the team my son will want to play for unless someone else just comes and completely blows them out of the water - but it's gonna take a lot for that to happen." 

Offline JoeBobHog

• Git to fuckin'.
  • King of the Hogs
  • your wife's puthy tastes like sweet butter.
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 09:06:59 PM »
this won't end well.

:thumbup:
Irvin: BWAAHAHAHA! (yelling) Aw mane!  Deion, scrin scranton!  BWAAHAHAHA!  Got to grisna!  Like T.O.!  BWAAHAHAHA!
Sanders: BWAAHAHAHA!
Marino: OK, well like we were saying before, McNair will display the toughness and show the kind of heart that...
Irvin: BWAAAHAHAHA! (yelling) You know I scrilleous crate!  Grab a pen in traven!  BWAAAHAHAHA!  Sh*t!  Now I'm say!  Aw mane!
Sanders: HA HA!  Crenious shanta!  BWAAAHAHAHA!
Marino: What?
Irvin: BWAAAHAHAHA! (pushes Sanders in shoulder, falls backward out of chair)
Sanders:  Aw mane!
Irvin: (from ground)  BWAAAHAHAHA!

H.P. 4/27/04

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• The Wages of Gin
  • Boar
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 08:44:47 AM »
I don't get it. Are we supposed to believe that this is the players mother posting this?
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night keeps TTD from his Hot Damn.

Offline Turd F.

• Tush Hog
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 09:43:21 AM »
I don't get it. Are we supposed to believe that this is the players mother posting this?

Reread the part underneath the first link. RD stated that it's her.

Offline Ty Webb

• Your uncle molests collies.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hog football will win 6 in '14
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 06:23:49 PM »
this won't end well.

:thumbup:
No it will not. The boy is in love with Bama.
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 07:22:24 PM »
No it will not. The boy is in love with Bama.

For any kid deciding between ARkansas and Alabama it's pretty simple....if you want to go somewhere that's going to have considerably more competition which means that starting is less likely but will have a darn good chance of getting at least one championship ring during your time there than Alabama is for you.  If you want to go somewhere that you have a much better chance of getting immeadiate playing time and will always be considered a Razorback which will open many doors for you post-school if you decide to stay in Arkansas and be a part of building a program than you go to Arkansas.

Offline wolvorback

• A Shoat
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2013, 10:27:08 PM »
They tried to Teo you, but you wouldn't let them.
My hot asian wife love me long time

Offline hoggadore

• Insolent Pissant, Bescumberer.
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 07:01:33 PM »

Offline HughJasole

• Wild Hog
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2013, 05:07:05 PM »

Taller Joe Adams...

Offline hoggadore

• Insolent Pissant, Bescumberer.
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2013, 06:13:24 PM »

Taller Joe Adams...

I'm not sure I see the comparison.  He's got a few moves, but

Offline HughJasole

• Wild Hog
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2013, 06:06:10 PM »
He just got offered by Alabama.

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2013, 08:01:21 PM »
It was mentioned in the local paper this morning that the staff has probably 100-150 offers out... they implied it was around 125.  They also implied that this is a smaller number than others staffs have done here before and that BB preferred to do more evaluations, be more choosey with offers and that he was a big believer in character.

I know we've heard that kind of spin before... I've just never heard a number for complete offers out there and thought it was interesting. 

Offline Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
  • An image of excellence.
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2013, 08:48:09 PM »
There has been some talk that this guy has committed today.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/arkansas/football/recruiting/player-Dominick-Sanders-142843
An té nach leigheasann im nó uisce beatha, ní aon leigheas ar.

Tiocfaidh ár lá! Éireann go brách!

Offline HOGGLY WOGGLY

• Shitter's Full
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2013, 11:28:07 PM »
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2013/jun/14/peavey-all-arkansas/

Peavey all in with Arkansas

Arkansas quarterback commitment Rafe Peavey, 6-2, 207, 4.5 seconds in the 40 yard dash, of Bolivar, Missouri visited Arkansas today and has declared his recruiting over. He has visited several schools to reassure himself he was making the right decision.
He has steadily received offers from schools since his pledge to the Hogs last summer and is now up to about 30.
A dual-threat, Peavey has posted times of 11.2 seconds in the 100 meters and 22.5 in the 200.
8:20 update
Peavey said it feels amazing to get everything out of the way and being all Hog. He said Coach Bret Bielema and offensive coordinator Jim Chaney and others called the Hogs as he entered the Broyles Complex after taking a tour of the business school. He called Bielema a great person and he really cares for his players. The trip was his third since Bielema was hired.
Peavey also praised recruiting coordinator Chris Hauser and offensive line coach Sam Pittman.
He wanted to give a shout out to quarterback Austin Allen, running back Alex Collins and tight end Hunter Henry because they are great people and they wanted him to be a Razorback.

Offline Turd F.

• Tush Hog
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2013, 09:45:00 PM »
We got a kicker for next year.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2013/jun/15/arkansas-gets-no-5/
Kicker Cole Hedlund of Argyle, Texas has committed to Arkansas. He becomes the Hogs' fifth commitment for the 2014 class.
8:07 update

Hedlund, 5-10, 170 is a 5-star kicker and is ranked 4th in the nation by Kohl's Kicking Camps.
10:19 update
He set a national record of 25 field goals in a season as a sophomore and was 7 of 10 field goals as a junior and had a long of 47 yards. He had 42 touchbacks on 57 kickoffs last year.

Offline aNiMaL

• Soap with a prize inside!
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2013, 11:47:52 AM »
Ty Storey has committed. Hadn't seen it mentioned yet..if so I'll go buttersnap shitfuck myself.
I totally yielded.

Offline PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2013, 12:53:02 PM »
That is the biggest get of the Bielema era.  The kid has a chance to be the #1 QB recruit in the country.  This is the equivalent of Mustain, minus all the drama, and hopefully Storey ends up being a better QB.
I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. fricking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the aMm men fantasize about.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.368 seconds with 21 queries.