Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register.

Author Topic: Plumbing issue  (Read 1550 times)

Offline Green_Lanternn

• KEEPER OF THE SMEGMA
  • Boar
  • I wake up in the morning and piss excellence
Plumbing issue
« on: January 17, 2013, 03:16:21 PM »
Question.

When we flush the toilets, the sink in the downstairs kitchen is gurgling.  Any ideas on what it could be?  No backup when toilets flush or anything. 

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Ya mo be there?
Re: Plumbing issue
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 03:47:41 PM »
Question.

When we flush the toilets, the sink in the downstairs kitchen is gurgling.  Any ideas on what it could be?  No backup when toilets flush or anything.

old pipes? 

Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline Green_Lanternn

• KEEPER OF THE SMEGMA
  • Boar
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 08:47:16 AM »
No, house is only 11 years old.  Seems like we have a partial/mostly clogged main sewer line near the street where the city line runs.  It's our responsibility, so that means renting a big sewer snake and snaking it out.  Should be fine (I hope).  I've got someone coming out today. 

We have one of those home warranties we got when we bought the house, they said they would send someone out Monday.  Fuck that, I'll have crap backed up in my home by then.  My thought too is that since it's outside the house, near the road, I would get charged a $65 trip fee only to have them tell me that it's not covered.

Offline JDHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 02:44:47 PM »
Clogged vent pipe?

Offline Green_Lanternn

• KEEPER OF THE SMEGMA
  • Boar
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 03:39:54 PM »
Clogged main line running to the city line.  Got it snaked out at not too much expense, however, the stoppage exposed a crack in a joint that leads from main line to the house. (grey stuff surfaced on the grass above the joint). It's going to be a bitch to replace, expense wise.  At least it's not a replacement of any lines and just the joint.

We're talking backhoe and everything.

Sucks.

And JD, that is what I was hoping it would be but alas, no.

Offline MDEM

• Hater
  • Boar
  • Repulsive Degenerate
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 05:10:20 AM »
Clogged main line running to the city line.  Got it snaked out at not too much expense, however, the stoppage exposed a crack in a joint that leads from main line to the house. (grey stuff surfaced on the grass above the joint). It's going to be a bitch to replace, expense wise.  At least it's not a replacement of any lines and just the joint.

We're talking backhoe and everything.

Sucks.

And JD, that is what I was hoping it would be but alas, no.

Rent a backhoe and do it yourself.  There's not much more fun than smoking a bowl and digging a big ass hole in the yard with a backhoe. 

This is a high quality post.