Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Coaching Hot Seat & Changes  (Read 992371 times)

Offline lawtiger

• Loyal Citizen of Zamunda
  • King of the Hogs
  • Sexual Chocolate
Re: Coaching Hot Seat & Changes
« Reply #10525 on: January 31, 2022, 03:45:52 PM »
Auburn’s offensive coordinator that was hired 6 weeks ago has “left the program.”

I'm not sure he ever stepped on campus.  Weird situation, but hiring from the NFL to the college ranks in the middle of playoff season is a pretty dicey game. Not ideal, but I'm not overly concerned.

I'm gonna be bigger than Jesus
Bigger than wrestling
Bigger than the Beatles
And bigger than breast implants

Online Boared Cynic

• Should RMPL
  • Boar
« Reply #10526 on: January 31, 2022, 03:56:18 PM »
I'm not sure he ever stepped on campus.  Weird situation, but hiring from the NFL to the college ranks in the middle of playoff season is a pretty dicey game. Not ideal, but I'm not overly concerned.

You should be. I would be. Auburn seems to have an issue of coordinators wanting to stay

Offline chrchoswinentology

• Tush Hog
« Reply #10527 on: January 31, 2022, 07:23:31 PM »
You should be. I would be. Auburn seems to have an issue of coordinators wanting to stay

It’s the daily auditing. 

Offline TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
Coaching Hot Seat & Changes
« Reply #10528 on: January 31, 2022, 07:24:42 PM »
Harsin is supposedly an old school sleep at the office work 22 hours a day grinders.  Most coaches don’t live that way anymore; the hours are long but most want happy wives.  With high salaries now wives aren’t willing to move every year and like the stability of being in one place for awhile.   Why work for an add joke when you can make the same $200k coaching for a nicer guy.

Offline PorkSaladAnnie

• Tush Hog
« Reply #10529 on: January 31, 2022, 07:33:57 PM »
Mr. D. McBanjoface to the white courtesy phone…

Offline Animal

• Totally not an administrator
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #10530 on: January 31, 2022, 07:47:22 PM »
Where is Joe Brady these days. That guy went from flavor of the month to unemployed in record time.

It's better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war

Bruce Lee

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #10531 on: February 01, 2022, 07:05:29 AM »
Well isn't this place a geographical oddity! Two weeks from everywhere!

Offline Lurk

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #10532 on: February 01, 2022, 11:26:04 AM »
Gosh, i hate that the cheaters are struggling, more good stuff in the article.

Six coaches now have departed Auburn under Harsin — some with his guidance and others in defiance. Two offense coordinators have stepped down and veteran defensive coordinator Derek Mason, whose philosophical and personal goals didn't align with Harsin, skipped town last week for Oklahoma State. Two of the coaches Harsin hired never coached a game at Auburn (Tracy Rocker and Davis), and only two of the six coached in all 13 games last season (Mason and Nick Eason). The mass exodus on Harsin's watch is damning and only Harsin is the common denominator. One might spin the leaks in the transfer portal and a flood of coaching departures as the new coach re-defining the culture and cleaning house, but that's not the reality.

Meanwhile, a terrible trend brews in the locker room. Nineteen players have entered the transfer portal since the end of the regular season, including a potentially-debilitating eight defensive linemen. Four have transferred to SEC rivals, including two linemen at Ole Miss, where they will likely start in the trenches this fall when Auburn travels to Oxford.

Can’t get the link to copy. SEC.replay office must have veto power over critical posts. It’s on 247

The answer to every question about the seeming stupidity of every government decision from Covid to the coming war is simple. The elites want you dead..

Offline CardHog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #10533 on: February 01, 2022, 12:41:50 PM »

Six coaches now have departed Auburn under Harsin — some with his guidance and others in defiance. Two offense coordinators have stepped down and veteran defensive coordinator Derek Mason, whose philosophical and personal goals didn't align with Harsin, skipped town last week for Oklahoma State. Two of the coaches Harsin hired never coached a game at Auburn (Tracy Rocker and Davis), and only two of the six coached in all 13 games last season (Mason and Nick Eason). The mass exodus on Harsin's watch is damning and only Harsin is the common denominator. One might spin the leaks in the transfer portal and a flood of coaching departures as the new coach re-defining the culture and cleaning house, but that's not the reality.

Meanwhile, a terrible trend brews in the locker room. Nineteen players have entered the transfer portal since the end of the regular season, including a potentially-debilitating eight defensive linemen. Four have transferred to SEC rivals, including two linemen at Ole Miss, where they will likely start in the trenches this fall when Auburn travels to Oxford.

Can’t get the link to copy. SEC.replay office must have veto power over critical posts. It’s on 247

https://247sports.com/Article/College-football-Auburn-Tigers-Bryan-Harsin-hot-seat-transfer-portal-181921619/

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• Surgeon General of Woopig
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #10534 on: February 01, 2022, 01:25:35 PM »

They are turning into such a dumpster fire that even if they fired Harsin I think they'd have a tough time finding someone to take the job.

I never thought Harsin was a bad coach, is it just that he's a terrible fit there?

Offline lawtiger

• Loyal Citizen of Zamunda
  • King of the Hogs
  • Sexual Chocolate
« Reply #10535 on: February 01, 2022, 02:13:23 PM »
8 DL?  Oh Noes!

At the end of the 2021 season, there were 21 players along the DL.

3 were seniors that opted out of their Super Senior year.

We signed/accepted 3.

So, with spots left to fill, we still have 3 full rotations.

I'm gonna be bigger than Jesus
Bigger than wrestling
Bigger than the Beatles
And bigger than breast implants

Offline Olive Branch Hog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #10536 on: February 01, 2022, 02:23:20 PM »
https://247sports.com/Article/College-football-Auburn-Tigers-Bryan-Harsin-hot-seat-transfer-portal-181921619/

Two things stand out to me from that article:

1. How does Auburn hire Tracy Rocker, their legendary defensive tackle, and he not coach in a game?  ???

2. Amidst all their bad news, the last positive thing that happened to Auburn football was their handling of a "nationally ranked" Arkansas team in Fayetteville.  :suicide:

Online The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #10537 on: February 01, 2022, 02:36:22 PM »
I’m not going to worry about Auburn.  Good enough program that if they hire a good coach, they’ll be back tomorrow.  Look at what Pittman has done here.  And Arkansas was dead dead dead.

Offline PorkSaladAnnie

• Tush Hog
« Reply #10538 on: February 01, 2022, 03:19:52 PM »
Auburn depends more on the SEC referees than they do on coaching or players.

Offline bleedinred

• Boar
« Reply #10539 on: February 01, 2022, 05:12:07 PM »
8 DL?  Oh Noes!

At the end of the 2021 season, there were 21 players along the DL.

3 were seniors that opted out of their Super Senior year.

We signed/accepted 3.

So, with spots left to fill, we still have 3 full rotations.

Sure Bob...

Riding in seat #1 on the Muss Bus.

Online Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • K.Briles darksider #2.
« Reply #10540 on: February 01, 2022, 07:19:59 PM »
They are turning into such a dumpster fire that even if they fired Harsin I think they'd have a tough time finding someone to take the job.

I never thought Harsin was a bad coach, is it just that he's a terrible fit there?

Also curious. Wtf is going on?

That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit.

Offline Lurk

• King of the Hogs
The answer to every question about the seeming stupidity of every government decision from Covid to the coming war is simple. The elites want you dead..

Offline Razor B

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #10542 on: February 01, 2022, 09:55:20 PM »
I agree, the Auburn loss still pisses me off.

Offline Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
  • An image of excellence.
« Reply #10543 on: February 03, 2022, 01:03:56 AM »
So, it's being put out there that Harsin has gone full Petrino with a side chica. Vanburn fans care to comment?

An té nach leigheasann im nó uisce beatha, ní aon leigheas ar.

Tiocfaidh ár lá! Éireann go brách!

Offline gambler

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #10544 on: February 03, 2022, 04:22:10 AM »
So, it's being put out there that Harsin has gone full Petrino with a side chica. Vanburn fans care to comment?
Pics.

Online Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • Boar
« Reply #10545 on: February 03, 2022, 06:52:34 AM »
Can't be true. He doesn't even ride a motorcycle....does he?

...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Offline Wooisme2

• A Shoat
« Reply #10546 on: February 03, 2022, 07:50:17 AM »

Dang.  That former Arkansas volleyball girl gets around....

Arkansas didn't need the NCAA Death Penalty.  We had JEFF LONG.

Offline Animal

• Totally not an administrator
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #10547 on: February 03, 2022, 07:54:55 AM »

And Auburn's administration will probably say "Ok...AND?"

It's better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war

Bruce Lee

Online mde114

• kb
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #10548 on: February 03, 2022, 08:00:21 AM »
And Auburn's administration will probably say "Ok...AND?"
The reason the news of a side piece IS out there is because Auburn would like to get rid of Harsin.

If he was a good fit, you’d never hear of it. Hell, Auburn would encourage it.

So we are a program run by fucking idiots for fucking idiots- razor5396 12/4/2018

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #10549 on: February 03, 2022, 08:14:47 AM »
Is wife is a smoke show

Arkansas: The Buyout State