Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Coaching Hot Seat & Changes  (Read 894215 times)

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Tush Hog
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
Re: Coaching Hot Seat & Changes
« Reply #9625 on: November 28, 2021, 07:08:08 PM »
Wonder if Riley knew about OU's intention to move to the SEC before it was announced?  This move definitely reeks of fear of the beast.  But, to be devil's advocate, he was handed the keys to a Stoops-built program at OU; maybe he thinks USC is the perfect spot to go build a program in his own image.

Has Mike Woods announced his next business decision yet?

Kinda sounds like Fat Boy when he left Wisky to come here to “build a program on his own” with Barry Alvarez. Maybe Lincoln Riley will about as much success there as Fat Butthead had here.

Offline Animal

• Totally not an administrator
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #9626 on: November 28, 2021, 07:10:33 PM »
The OU thing to me sounds like a mutual parting of ways with Lincoln saving face and taking the USC job. It may spin as an upgrade position but the real story here is he's not the right guy to take them into the SEC.

It's better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war

Bruce Lee

Offline Boared Cynic

• Should RMPL
  • Boar
« Reply #9627 on: November 28, 2021, 07:27:47 PM »
This Riley = crybaby thing needs to catch on more.

SEC ain't got room for any of that. I take it as a sign of weakness.

Offline The Red Death

• Woopig’s Emotional Woman Dipshit
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #9628 on: November 28, 2021, 07:41:51 PM »
OU is now fricked.  They’re thinking they lose Caleb Williams.  Their five star running back recruits from So Cal are exploring their options. 

Pretty disastrous to have such instability right before you have to raise your game. 

I’m loving it. 

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.”  George Carlin

Offline acater

• The Muchacho with the Couponas
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #9629 on: November 28, 2021, 07:42:56 PM »
Wonder if Riley knew about OU's intention to move to the SEC before it was announced? 

Huh??

"I hate you Acater!"- Otis Kirk

"Grant couldn't practice, we put a green shirt on him, he kept trying to put the red on but 'no no no, we're not gunna touch you' Then he goes out and has that game. He's out there holding his elbow and goes and picks off a pass to win. He is Arkansas." - Pittman

Offline Too Big Pig

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #9630 on: November 28, 2021, 08:12:50 PM »
OU is now fricked.  They’re thinking they lose Caleb Williams.  Their five star running back recruits from So Cal are exploring their options. 

I'm wondering how long he's had this deal with SoCal?  Odd for Oklahoma to have so many recruits to lose from that area.  Could he actually have been knowingly using Oklahoma's resources to get in the door early for USC-West?

"If life gives you lemons, fuck life."  - Sir John Michael of Oklahoma

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
Coaching Hot Seat & Changes
« Reply #9631 on: November 28, 2021, 08:14:30 PM »
Odom’s name has last on a list of possibilities at Louisiana,.

Arkansas defensive coordinator Barry Odom crossed paths with Maggard (UL AD) at Missouri as well. Odom went 25-25 in four years as Mizzou’s head coach, including two winning seasons. He was a Broyles Award nominee last year, and this year’s scoring defense has improved from No. 97 to No. 46.

These made me laugh

1465135523937366020[/tweet]?s=21] ?s=21[/URL]

1465104854930632710[/tweet]?s=21] ?s=21[/URL]

« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 08:21:07 PM by DrMongoose »
Arkansas: The Buyout State

Offline The Red Death

• Woopig’s Emotional Woman Dipshit
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #9632 on: November 28, 2021, 08:23:53 PM »
I'm wondering how long he's had this deal with SoCal?  Odd for Oklahoma to have so many recruits to lose from that area.  Could he actually have been knowingly using Oklahoma's resources to get in the door early for USC-West?

It is very odd and you are not the only one asking these questions in Norman.  I can assure you that he is the most hated man in Norman forever.  They are salty and are starting the talk he tried to damage the program on the way out. 

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.”  George Carlin

Offline Feral

• Wild Hog
  • Ketchup is my steak sauce
« Reply #9633 on: November 28, 2021, 08:42:23 PM »
It is very odd and you are not the only one asking these questions in Norman.  I can assure you that he is the most hated man in Norman forever.  They are salty and are starting the talk he tried to damage the program on the way out.
OU fans salty and melting on every board

Offline El Hogarado

• Illegitimi non carborundum
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #9634 on: November 28, 2021, 08:42:38 PM »

Somebody (Feldman, Schlabach, or a local reporter) has to get the play-by-play story out there. Folks hinting this was a done deal since the OU / Baylor game week, which would explain why USC rumor mill was so quiet.

Munny: Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.
The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess he had it comin'.
Munny: We all got it comin', kid.

Offline Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • K.Briles darksider #2.
« Reply #9635 on: November 28, 2021, 08:46:04 PM »

Wish I still lived over there.  I be the Sports Animal crews are going insane.

That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit.

Offline Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • Boar
« Reply #9636 on: November 28, 2021, 09:15:08 PM »
Didn't he have a shit load of socal recruits coming to OU? Would they possibly follow him to USC-W?

...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Offline TC

• King of the Hogs
  • Bout to get juicy.
« Reply #9637 on: November 28, 2021, 09:38:29 PM »
He obviously wasn't looking forward to the grind of the SEC.  I can't say I blame him.  If he can keep the talent there and continue to recruit the area like he supposedly has, it's an easier path to the playoffs than OU will face in the SEC.

Offline VegasHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #9638 on: November 28, 2021, 09:43:11 PM »

who gives a fuck.  ou fans are a bunch of arrogant pricks anyway.

and if this fucks their program up and makes it that much harder when they join the sec, i say sucks to be them and it couldn't have happened to a shittier bunch.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 09:50:47 PM by VegasHog »

Offline Feral

• Wild Hog
« Reply #9639 on: November 28, 2021, 10:04:42 PM »
He obviously wasn't looking forward to the grind of the SEC.  I can't say I blame him.  If he can keep the talent there and continue to recruit the area like he supposedly has, it's an easier path to the playoffs than OU will face in the SEC.
I remember a little more than a decade ago when coaches were clamoring to come to the SEC. It was where top coaches wanted to come compete. At one time the SEC coaching ranks included Saban, Meyer, Spurrier, Richt, Petrino, and Miles, four of whom had a NC ring.

I said during our post-Bert search that the shine had worn off the SEC, especially in the playoff era. Why go grind your ass off and be in dogfights every single week just to claw your way to 7-5 or 8-4 when you could make short work of weak competition week in and week out and have an easier road to the playoffs elsewhere.

For a time, the SEC was the only conference paying football coaches generational type money. Now you can make great money anywhere. Hell Houston is paying Holgorsen $4 million a year. That was Saban level money not all too long ago.

Offline TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #9640 on: November 28, 2021, 10:12:53 PM »
What is the history of coaches who won championships or even went to the FBS at multiple schools?

Is Urban the only one?

This is why I question this quest for “proven “ coaches.  It’s hard to make magic twice.  It’s more than coaching.  And you can’t just move and replicate success.  The odds would say that Lincoln should have stayed put, that Jimbo should have stayed at FSU, that Dabo should never leave. 

Offline Law_Hawg

• Have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #9641 on: November 28, 2021, 10:20:49 PM »
Wish I still lived over there.  I be the Sports Animal crews are going insane.

Click and find out.

https://www.thesportsanimal.com/listen-live/

I see that you have made three spelling mistakes.   -Thomas de Mahy, Marquis de Favras, upon reading his death warrant.

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #9642 on: November 28, 2021, 10:35:53 PM »
Didn't he have a shit load of socal recruits coming to OU? Would they possibly follow him to USC-W?
Yes. Most likely.

1465169264877481991[/tweet]?s=21] ?s=21[/URL]

Arkansas: The Buyout State

Offline TC

• King of the Hogs
  • Bout to get juicy.
« Reply #9643 on: November 28, 2021, 11:12:21 PM »

Petrino as the OC at either OU or LSU would be fun to watch.  Something tells me we haven't seen the last of him yet in the SEC.

Offline PorkSaladAnnie

• Tush Hog
« Reply #9644 on: November 29, 2021, 01:21:05 AM »
He skeer

Online Tampa TechnoHOG

• Tush Hog
  • My boink is FIERCE!
« Reply #9645 on: November 29, 2021, 04:11:50 AM »
Lincoln makes a business decision.   Good for him. 

When's the last time there was this much instability at our recruiting borders of Oklahoma, Texas, and Louisiana?  I really hope we are actually able to cash in.

If you think you're above failure, you'll always be beneath success.

Offline Feral

• Wild Hog
« Reply #9646 on: November 29, 2021, 06:09:03 AM »
What is the history of coaches who won championships or even went to the FBS at multiple schools?

Is Urban the only one?

This is why I question this quest for “proven “ coaches.  It’s hard to make magic twice.  It’s more than coaching.  And you can’t just move and replicate success.  The odds would say that Lincoln should have stayed put, that Jimbo should have stayed at FSU, that Dabo should never leave.

Riley has a bit of a Bert feel to him in that he was a coordinator/HCIW type under a legendary head coach and ultimately stepped into a ready-made situation.

Neither built anything at their original school, so we’ll see how good Riley is as a program builder over the next few years. While he does have an easier road to the CFP, the talent level on that team is dogshit right now. He’s got his work cut out for him.

Offline CrocodileHunter

• Chairman Emeritus of the 102 Crew
  • Tush Hog
  • ^^^ El Capitan
« Reply #9647 on: November 29, 2021, 07:47:22 AM »

Is Urban the only one?

Urban and Saban.

Offline RPL

• Tush Hog
« Reply #9648 on: November 29, 2021, 07:53:30 AM »
All this turmoil is refreshing as we are not involved. 

LSU goes from being confident in who they are getting to sheer panic.
Oklahoma is stunned and in free fall.  Recruits are recommitting.
Ole Piss is panicking anytime LK’s name is mentioned.
Texas is floundering.  Recruits are decommiting.  Sark is not long for there.
A&M is beginning to face reality that they bought the white elephant and can’t get rid of it.
Mizzou is realizing Drink is nothing more than a Brass Monkey,

It’s great to be an Arkansas Razorback football fan these days. 

I'm like a fat kid at kickball.

Offline Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • K.Briles darksider #2.
« Reply #9649 on: November 29, 2021, 08:27:32 AM »
TRAITOR signs being put up around OU’s campus

That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit.