Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Coaching Hot Seat & Changes  (Read 1118133 times)

Online Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
Re: Coaching Hot Seat & Changes
« Reply #11525 on: November 29, 2022, 05:49:17 PM »

<--- I'm with him

Offline Animal

• Totally not an administrator
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #11526 on: November 29, 2022, 06:26:11 PM »
Sounds like the Tulane coach going to Georgia Tech isn't happening...as now the word is they are opting for Brent Key who has been the interim. So it appears GT is going the Arkansas route in a matter of speaking. Key was at one point tabbed to replace George O'Leary as hc at UCF but never got that chance. Former OL coach...meathead. They'll like him.

It's better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war

Bruce Lee

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
  • Ketchup is my steak sauce
« Reply #11527 on: November 29, 2022, 08:01:53 PM »
Sounds like the Tulane coach going to Georgia Tech isn't happening...as now the word is they are opting for Brent Key who has been the interim. So it appears GT is going the Arkansas route in a matter of speaking. Key was at one point tabbed to replace George O'Leary as hc at UCF but never got that chance. Former OL coach...meathead. They'll like him.
They should’ve hired him all along. He did a phenomenal job as the interim and is a GT alum. They’re lucky Fritz fell through because his tenure at Tulane until this year has largely been mediocre. 

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #11528 on: November 29, 2022, 09:45:55 PM »
Trent Dilfer to UAB?

https://twitter.com/footballscoop/status/1597791499416047616?s=61&t=AcI4q5jlxtvaHbxXpnDVLA

It is telling that Coach Prime’s best offer so far seems to be Colorado and he got zero play at GA Tech or Auburn.

KY Jelly just fired their OC who had a $2.5 mill buyout. And the RB coach is out too.

Arkansas: The Buyout State

Online jdcatty

• Boar
« Reply #11529 on: November 30, 2022, 10:39:41 AM »
Trent Dilfer to UAB?

https://twitter.com/footballscoop/status/1597791499416047616?s=61&t=AcI4q5jlxtvaHbxXpnDVLA

It is telling that Coach Prime’s best offer so far seems to be Colorado and he got zero play at GA Tech or Auburn.

KY Jelly just fired their OC who had a $2.5 mill buyout. And the RB coach is out too.

I was just going to post something about Dilfer.  How much coaching experience does he have?  He apparently is at something called Lipscomb Academy in Nashville, which I believe is a high school.

Sam's got it going in the right direction!

Offline Olive Branch Hog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #11530 on: November 30, 2022, 12:00:31 PM »
I was just going to post something about Dilfer.  How much coaching experience does he have?  He apparently is at something called Lipscomb Academy in Nashville, which I believe is a high school.

Dilfer (and the Lipscomb boosters) made that academy into Tennessee's IMG.

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #11531 on: November 30, 2022, 08:34:07 PM »
former Hog GA Chip Long has been let go from GA Tech where he was the OC. He's been the OC at Notre Dame. Memphis, Tulane, and GT.

Nebraska's interim Mickey Joseph was arrested on battery charges today.

https://twitter.com/Lincoln_Police/status/1598098154532245505?

« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 08:43:40 PM by DrMongoose »
Arkansas: The Buyout State

Offline Hizhog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #11532 on: November 30, 2022, 09:12:47 PM »
former Hog GA Chip Long has been let go from GA Tech where he was the OC. He's been the OC at Notre Dame. Memphis, Tulane, and GT.

There’s a good chance he was just demonstrating proper tackling form and the folks in Lincoln didn’t recognize it.

Carolina on my mind...

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• Surgeon General of Woopig
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #11533 on: November 30, 2022, 09:40:30 PM »
I'm curious what's going on at Tulane.  Nobody's won there in forever.  Who's their coach?

Online jdcatty

• Boar
« Reply #11534 on: November 30, 2022, 09:46:56 PM »
I'm curious what's going on at Tulane.  Nobody's won there in forever.  Who's their coach?

Some guy named Fritts, or maybe Fritz.  He was rumored to be going to Georgia Tech, but didn’t.

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
« Reply #11535 on: December 01, 2022, 06:04:55 AM »
Willie Fritz.

He seemed to be a name that always got thrown around as a message board “what about this guy” type of coach in a few of our searches.

He’s had an extremely mediocre tenure at Tulane except for this year. He’s 62, so I assume he didn’t feel like starting over at a new school at his age when he can just get a retirement contract from Tulane for this season.

He actually played at Pittsburg State with Pittman but was a year or two older than him.

Offline Animal

• Totally not an administrator
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #11536 on: December 01, 2022, 06:53:54 AM »
David Shaw's demise may have started before NIL but certainly by 2019 the winds of change were already here. Transfer rules were relaxed by then,  how much of that hurt Stanford I don't know because I don't follow that program. Basically I'm talking out of my ass but certainly you can see that the wheels feel off the wagon since 2019. I do wonder if the culture around that program has for whatever reason gone stagnant...they used to have a pretty dang good men's bb program. Not so much anymore.

If he wants a new job in the future (and at 50 years old I think it's a real possibility) it would be foolish to not take that seriously no matter which school it is. Certainly he's feasted on a weak as fuck PAC10/12 in the absence of Pete Carroll and for a time Chip Kelly he also benefited from what Jim Harbaugh had built. So there are things you can pick at just like you can pick at for other coaches. At any rate he won 10+ games 5 times over like a 7 year period before things fell apart. That's not bad. I reckon someone will give him a gig at some point and why not take that free money at 10+ per year.

It's better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war

Bruce Lee

Offline FNG

• Boar
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #11537 on: December 01, 2022, 09:24:45 AM »

Is Mickey Joseph gonna hafta choke a bitch?

Online papermill

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #11538 on: December 01, 2022, 03:01:54 PM »
They should’ve hired him all along. He did a phenomenal job as the interim and is a GT alum. They’re lucky Fritz fell through because his tenure at Tulane until this year has largely been mediocre.

I am excited about Key.

I am glad Long is gone and Weinke is staying.

There are conflicting reports about Weinke having more to do with the last few weeks than before.

We were playing with QB3 and QB4, stayed with U(sic)GA for a half but they have been farting around this year with their margins.

GT3 QB was so bad his first trip out that in the final play with a hail Mary situation he just ambled right on out of bounds.
Afterwards he said, "That was a bad look."

He is a smaller school QB brought in like the UA guy,  They had him serviceable at the end of the year.

Everybody should have 2 teams to root for.  You'd see a LOT of parallels in fan bases.  Whenever you feel like griping about our reactions to things remember - all fan bases are like that.

Online VegasHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #11539 on: December 01, 2022, 05:54:00 PM »
fau hires tom herman.

Offline Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Inches per pound, hung like a horse
« Reply #11540 on: December 01, 2022, 05:57:09 PM »
I thought Kendal Briles was a lock for a head coaching job this year.  Maybe next?  I'm still holding out hope that South Carolina will save us from him.

That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit.

I think we all know which poster you're talking about.

Online Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
« Reply #11541 on: December 01, 2022, 06:11:37 PM »
fau hires tom herman.

It’s pretty bizarre how many coaches there have been down here who were once at major college programs.  Yet no one has pissed more than a drop or two.   I mean, it would be like UALR having a football team since it’s basically a commuter school.  And because of the demographics in this area it will never have tremendous fan support.  But it’s still kind of a shame. 

Fast guy, but can't see a hole if Moses or Jenna Jameson opened it for him.

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
« Reply #11542 on: December 01, 2022, 07:28:00 PM »
I am glad Long is gone and Weinke is staying.

TIL that Chris Weinke was coaching college football

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
« Reply #11543 on: December 01, 2022, 07:34:55 PM »
It’s pretty bizarre how many coaches there have been down here who were once at major college programs.  Yet no one has pissed more than a drop or two.   I mean, it would be like UALR having a football team since it’s basically a commuter school.  And because of the demographics in this area it will never have tremendous fan support.  But it’s still kind of a shame.
Very true. Howard Schnellenberger, Kiffin, Taggart, and now Herman.

Who knows if he’ll piss a drop at FAU, but on paper Herman is a good hire. His tenure at Texas wasn’t THAT bad. He was just a douchebag who didn’t live up to the hype of being one of the bigger “can’t miss” hires in recent years. But his record at Texas wasn’t terrible, especially when silhouetted against the derp of late era Mack Brown, Charlie Strong, and now Sark. He was 32-18, won a bowl game every year, had their only 10 win season of the 2010s, a Sugar Bowl win, and three top 25 finishes.

Online jdcatty

• Boar
« Reply #11544 on: December 01, 2022, 08:14:01 PM »

Who knows if he’ll piss a drop at FAU, but on paper Herman is a good hire. His tenure at Texas wasn’t THAT bad. He was just a douchebag who didn’t live up to the hype of being one of the bigger “can’t miss” hires in recent years. But his record at Texas wasn’t terrible, especially when silhouetted against the derp of late era Mack Brown, Charlie Strong, and now Sark. He was 32-18, won a bowl game every year, had their only 10 win season of the 2010s, a Sugar Bowl win, and three top 25 finishes.

I don’t know what he will be paid at FAU, but probably at least a couple of million dollars.  Why not take a job like that on the beach somewhere for a couple of years? 

Online Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #11545 on: December 01, 2022, 09:33:38 PM »

Don’t forget Charlie Partridge!

Online BASS

• the philosophical woopigga
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #11546 on: December 02, 2022, 08:46:41 AM »
fau hires tom herman.

wish they would have hired briles and we could have gotten herman as oc.  fau wins that one.

fuck your feelings

Offline Guardrail

• Boar
  • 3rd MI BN
« Reply #11547 on: December 02, 2022, 10:20:18 AM »
I thought Kendal Briles was a lock for a head coaching job this year.  Maybe next?  I'm still holding out hope that South Carolina will save us from him.
And in typical Arkansas fashion, the Hogs will get pummeled like 70-0 by a Briles led offense.

Online Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #11548 on: December 02, 2022, 10:26:21 AM »
And in typical Arkansas fashion, the Hogs will get pummeled like 70-0 by a Briles led offense.

With all 10 touchdowns from the 2-yard line.

Offline Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Inches per pound, hung like a horse
« Reply #11549 on: December 02, 2022, 10:31:19 AM »

Might as well embrace the inevitability of it all.

That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit.

I think we all know which poster you're talking about.