Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register.

Author Topic: Buying a bed  (Read 19631 times)

Offline WORD

• Trying to figure out where to contribute...turns out I'm good at titties, ass, and beer.
  • Boar
  • Beauty lies in the hands of the beerholder
Re: Buying a bed
« Reply #100 on: February 26, 2014, 07:31:23 AM »
Now you cockknockers got me looking at new mattresses.

Upon searching for a way to reduce my inevitable ass pillaging, I found this site -

http://www.sleeplikethedead.com/

same here actually.  One of the Docs I work with got his bed at Mountain Air Organics in Fayetteville and very highly recommends them. he also suggested the sleep like the dead site you posted.

http://mountainairorganicbeds.com/

God made yeast, as well as dough, and loves fermentation just as dearly as he loves vegetation. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline razorwire

• King of the Hogs
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2014, 08:38:27 AM »
At the Mt. Air prices you might as well have one shipped from the Charleston Mattress Factory.  I recommend the Beaufain Firm.  The best hand made mattress I have ever owned.  Oh, it will cost you about $600 to ship and they use Arkansas Best Freight!

Offline County Parson

• A Shoat
  • Pray for your neigbors and be kind to others
« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2014, 08:49:29 AM »
Has anyone bought a new bed recently? It's about that time for me. I want a queen and don't want to spend more than a grand.

Check out Mattress Gaint.  They are running sales all the time.   We got a new box spring and pillow top 2 or 3 years ago for $750 delivered.  It is a Sealy.

Prayers for the Family of Star City Football Player Zack Towers.
He died way too soon.

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2014, 08:31:20 AM »
If you are in Little Rock go see the manager, Doug, at the mattress place where Just for Feet was (in front of Sam's) on Bowman. He's honest and will work with you as best he can. His wife taught my son, his daughter used to baby sit my children and they go to the same church.

AYFSM?

Offline Peanut Adams

• i didn't go to high school, i bought one.
  • Tush Hog
  • pincher of harmonics
« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2014, 09:15:37 AM »
Fiance and I went to Mattress Firm in Fayetteville this weekend. Only wanted to spend about a grand, came away with a 2400 setup. Mainly due to an attractive financing plan and the fact that the bed felt like butter.

Like others in this thread, went with Sealy Optimum, Vibrant model. It was 2500, but we took the floor model for half price. The place looked nice and professional, figure there couldn't have been too many unsavory bodies layed on there.

Also got an adjustable base for it that does all of the lifting and massage.

Neither of us have ever slept on anything more than average quality mattress/box springs. So needless to say, the last two nights have been the best sleep ever. I can't believe I waited so long to look into such an investment. I did do some research on the organic alternatives suggested here. But we have a wedding coming up so no-interest financing was the number one priority for us.

And yes, there is quite a difference in bed technique. Feels like doing it in quicksand, gotta keep pounding it, any slowdown and you'll start sinking more.

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2014, 09:21:09 AM »
Fiance and I went to Mattress Firm in Fayetteville this weekend. Only wanted to spend about a grand, came away with a 2400 setup. Mainly due to an attractive financing plan and the fact that the bed felt like butter.

Like others in this thread, went with Sealy Optimum, Vibrant model. It was 2500, but we took the floor model for half price. The place looked nice and professional, figure there couldn't have been too many unsavory bodies layed on there.

Neither of us have ever slept on anything more than average quality mattress/box springs. So needless to say, the last two nights have been the best sleep ever. I can't believe I waited so long to look into such an investment. I did do some research on the organic alternatives suggested here. But we have a wedding coming up so no-interest financing was the number one priority for us.

And yes, there is quite a difference in bed technique. Feels like doing it in quicksand, gotta keep pounding it, any slowdown and you'll start sinking more.

You'll love the Optimum.  We wanted to go with the adjustable base because of my acid reflux, but decided to save the money.  I'm glad we didn't now, as I'm already sleeping better than I have in the last ten years. 

Offline 1st_down_streak

• A redder shade of neck on a whiter shade of trash
  • King of the Hogs
  • I am surrounded by my privilege
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2014, 09:44:52 AM »

This one - I'd pay anything to not have to go into a mattress store.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_08214444000P

No fucks were wasted in the preceding message.

Offline Guardrail

• Boar
« Reply #107 on: April 07, 2014, 12:09:28 PM »

This sounds like the memory foam bed I got a couple of years ago. Trying to frick in that thing was like trying to do it in a half full water bed. Zero bounce and the more you pounded the deeper you sank. Hated that thing. 

Offline Splurge

• Resident Wooooo-pigger
  • King of the Hogs
  • My shoes cost more than your house
« Reply #108 on: April 07, 2014, 12:44:48 PM »
This sounds like the memory foam bed I got a couple of years ago. Trying to frick in that thing was like trying to do it in a half full water bed. Zero bounce and the more you pounded the deeper you sank. Hated that thing.

The fat girl or the mattress?

Offline Guardrail

• Boar
« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2014, 02:23:10 PM »

Offline oldhogfan

• Wild Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2014, 09:17:13 PM »
This one - I'd pay anything to not have to go into a mattress store.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_08214444000P

Have you bought one from Sears online or just thinking about it.  We ordered a bed a while back because we're 60 miles from a Sears store and didn't want the hassle of going to pick it out and I knew which one we wanted.  I found out we were not buying directly from Sears but a marketing agent. They sell for several companies as you can see on that page in your link. It was shipped from another state to the closest trucking terminal and a guy in a pickup pulling a flat bed trailer delivered it.  The free delivery is just to drop it off. After I threaten to refuse the delivery he did remove the old and put the new one in the bedroom.  I won't buy from Sears online again because of this deal.

Offline 1st_down_streak

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2014, 09:42:32 PM »
Have you bought one from Sears online or just thinking about it.  We ordered a bed a while back because we're 60 miles from a Sears store and didn't want the hassle of going to pick it out and I knew which one we wanted.  I found out we were not buying directly from Sears but a marketing agent. They sell for several companies as you can see on that page in your link. It was shipped from another state to the closest trucking terminal and a guy in a pickup pulling a flat bed trailer delivered it.  The free delivery is just to drop it off. After I threaten to refuse the delivery he did remove the old and put the new one in the bedroom.  I won't buy from Sears online again because of this deal.

No, but yes, sears does third party sellers like amazon. The link I sent is from sears direct. I would never drop that kind of dough on a third party offering.

Offline gibraltar

• habitual line stepper
  • Boar
« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2014, 09:45:25 PM »

I get packages and equipment all the time from companies where I have no idea who will deliver. Most drivers only drive. You do realize that sears sent that third party and you got a delivery guy to move in and out a bed for you. Hope you tipped him

Offline TexZilla

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #113 on: April 07, 2014, 09:53:30 PM »

On this particular link for the Optimum, the mattress is sold by Sears, but is not stocked by Sears to sell in stores.  This is part of what is called "expanded assortment", a practice allowed by some manufacturers and disallowed by others.  Sears gets the order, transmits to Sealy, and they "drop ship" to your house, and typically for large items like this will use a white glove delivery contractor to bring it out. 

What happened in your case is that your purchase was likely from a marketplace vendor, which must be indicated on the web page somewhat adjacent to the buy button.  In recent years click and mortar stores like Sears and BestBuy have integrated the marketplace offerings into their own, a la Amazon, a shitty practice in my opinion as very often it's not really clear who you're buying from.  The result is folks looking to buy from those they trust can easily buy from some scumbag.     

Offline oldhogfan

• Wild Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #114 on: April 09, 2014, 11:09:17 AM »
I bought from the same site that was linked, it recognized my computer and told how many points I got with the purchase. The payment went to Sears, I checked with my card company the next day after I got an email that said the order was received, would take 2-3 weeks for delivery, and that I could not cancel or change it. The delivery delay was ok just wanted to be sure I wasn't scammed.
Then later I got two emails and two automated calls that gave different delivery times. The customer service number listed got me a person I couldn't understand which is typical but didn't expect it from Sears. Finally the delivery guy called the day before with the right time. That's when I found out it was a drop shipment. I told him it stated free delivery with haul off of the old bed. It was a king sized mattress and box springs, in pretty good condition, we just wanted a new/better one. He was more willing to exchange them after he found out about the haul off.

The thing I disliked the most about the purchase was when he showed with a high dollar bed tied down on an open flatbed trailer that he had hauled 50 miles. And it was during the bad weather, just happened it wasn't snowing or raining that day. The plastic cover was pretty damn dirty from junk off the roads.
I've been buying off the internet for about 18 years, bought lots of big items from Lowes and a few from other places but never had a deal like this one.

Offline 1st_down_streak

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #115 on: April 09, 2014, 11:18:53 AM »
I bought from the same site that was linked, it recognized my computer and told how many points I got with the purchase. The payment went to Sears, I checked with my card company the next day after I got an email that said the order was received, would take 2-3 weeks for delivery, and that I could not cancel or change it. The delivery delay was ok just wanted to be sure I wasn't scammed.
Then later I got two emails and two automated calls that gave different delivery times. The customer service number listed got me a person I couldn't understand which is typical but didn't expect it from Sears. Finally the delivery guy called the day before with the right time. That's when I found out it was a drop shipment. I told him it stated free delivery with haul off of the old bed. It was a king sized mattress and box springs, in pretty good condition, we just wanted a new/better one. He was more willing to exchange them after he found out about the haul off.

The thing I disliked the most about the purchase was when he showed with a high dollar bed tied down on an open flatbed trailer that he had hauled 50 miles. And it was during the bad weather, just happened it wasn't snowing or raining that day. The plastic cover was pretty damn dirty from junk off the roads.
I've been buying off the internet for about 18 years, bought lots of big items from Lowes and a few from other places but never had a deal like this one.

You are right - that is some bullshit there.

Offline DLog12

• Wild Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #116 on: August 28, 2014, 08:38:29 PM »
Anyone have a Serta iComfort Memory Foam setup? Can get the below setup at Sam's for $1500 including box springs and a $300 gift card.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/insight-everfeel-king-set/prod13150450.ip?navAction=

Offline HoneyBakedPiglet

• aka Fireplace
  • King of the Hogs
  • #1-0
« Reply #117 on: August 28, 2014, 08:46:03 PM »
Anyone have a Serta iComfort Memory Foam setup? Can get the below setup at Sam's for $1500 including box springs and a $300 gift card.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/insight-everfeel-king-set/prod13150450.ip?navAction=

I have a Serta memory foam mattress a step down from the iComfort series. Been really happy with it for a while now. Mine cost ~$800 for a queen size without box springs or gift card.

Got some dawg in him.

Offline KSHogg

• Music Man
  • King of the Hogs
  • Mobile spray tanner
« Reply #118 on: August 28, 2014, 09:12:06 PM »
I've heard that some of the foam mattresses are hot, is that right?

Still runnin' against the wind

Offline WPFM

• Schadenfreude
  • King of the Hogs
  • no artificial sweeteners
« Reply #119 on: August 28, 2014, 09:15:53 PM »
Check out Mattress Gaint.  They are running sales all the time.   We got a new box spring and pillow top 2 or 3 years ago for $750 delivered.  It is a Sealy.

Last Active: May 19, 2014, 09:56:40 AM

Someone must have finally come through with the Sealy pillow-over-your-face upgrade for free.

Ya'll ever tried to suck a dick for 20 minutes?  It isn't easy.

Offline HoneyBakedPiglet

• aka Fireplace
  • King of the Hogs
  • #1-0
« Reply #120 on: August 28, 2014, 09:19:44 PM »
I've heard that some of the foam mattresses are hot, is that right?

Some are hence all the cool gel, etc, to help with that. Mine isn't.

Got some dawg in him.

Offline Hogustus

• Tush Hog
  • ex-commissary clerk
« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2014, 05:30:28 AM »
I just saw this thread and thought I'd share my story.

I bought a Sealy mattress a year ago that promised it would be cooler and more comfortable than any other mattress (Cooling foam, maybe?).  Anyway, that motherfucker is cool as it can be.  My dog and I snuggle for warmth every night.  I've been too hot in my rack since my freshman year at Fayetteville.  Not this past year.  I have slept like the motherfucking dead.  If you're a fat boy/post-menopausal (SS/BB?)/or just run hot in general (my case), this is the mattress for you.  It's comfortable, has good back support and is amazingly cool.  I'll never skimp on my mattress again.

Offline KSHogg

• Music Man
  • King of the Hogs
  • Mobile spray tanner
« Reply #122 on: September 02, 2014, 09:35:09 AM »
Sounds llike what I need!

Still runnin' against the wind

Offline Razor B

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #123 on: September 30, 2015, 08:54:21 PM »
Bumping this back up.  My mattress is killing my neck and back.  Need a new one.

Offline Snowman Slayer

• Irreplaceably Irrelevant
  • Boar
  • The Man, The Myth, The Legend
« Reply #124 on: October 03, 2015, 11:34:21 PM »
I bought one online in February it was a Simmons beautyrest.  Usmattess online has periodic sales and I got mine from them like 70-80% cheaper the Ashley/box store price.  The only problem was that it took like 2 weeks for them to deliver it.