Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: A UPS question.  (Read 4450 times)

Offline pinkphiloyd

• will eat your babies, bitch.
  • Boar
A UPS question.
« on: August 17, 2014, 08:02:56 PM »
I should probably stick this in the "Help" forum but I'm running out of time.

I'm trying to get a package held at the terminal so I can pick it up.  I have ten things to do tomorrow and this would be much easier.  So I went to the website.  It said I could create a "UPS My Choice" account and then I could have the package held.  So, I created a My Choice account.  Logged in.  Clicked "Change Delivery."  And the window below pops up.  So I click "log in" in the window and then start over and the same shit happens every time.  I'm stuck in a loop.  Has anyone ever used this shit?  I tried calling customer service and online chat but of course neither is available.

Online PigHair

• Tush Hog
Re: A UPS question.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 08:15:28 PM »
Maybe it has to do with the "Note" part at the bottom left??  Just my guess, maybe you can't have it held unless a delivery attempt has been made?  That's all I got.

Offline pinkphiloyd

• Boar
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 08:23:47 PM »
Maybe it has to do with the "Note" part at the bottom left??  Just my guess, maybe you can't have it held unless a delivery attempt has been made?  That's all I got.

Fuck.  Yea, probably.  I read that part but apparently I wasn't really paying attention because that's how it reads to me.  Oh well.  Shit.

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Strict No Tolerance Palsy
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 08:47:05 PM »
Just get a dime bag locally to hold you over until it's delivered.

Offline pinkphiloyd

• Boar
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 08:45:48 AM »
Just get a dime bag locally to hold you over until it's delivered.

Ha ha, I have a plethora of guitars to get me by until arrival.  The problem is this one requires a signature so now I have to sit around and fucking wait instead of being out doing the other things I need to do.  Such is life.  Maybe he'll get here early, giggle chortle snort.

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Formerly known as Boar Bidet or Board Witch
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 08:56:39 AM »
Don't so that my choice bullshit. They took my money after I changed the address to my work because I couldn't be at home when they delivered and they said it required a signature. After paying $5 to get it changed I go home that day and the asshole finally just left it at my door.

I have gone down to the ups store down off university before to retrieve a package that was sayin delivered but hadn't been delivered to my address. They delivered to m former address and even then they fucked it up because they took it to a different address of an apartment complex across from where I lived..let someone sign for it and then left it in the lost and found for weeks. I was so pissed. Good luck

Once in Yamsylvania, we had the potato famine. Which did not upset us because, hey, we eat only yams! Then we realized it is better to starve on potatoes than eat yams. We became so poor we had to raise monkeys for their fur. OK, we raised them for their pleasant smell and many tasty parasites. The kids today, tell them about parasite stew, and they look at you like you're some kind of nutty man, crazed from yam poisoning.

Offline pinkphiloyd

• Boar
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 09:07:47 AM »
Don't so that my choice bullshit. They took my money after I changed the address to my work because I couldn't be at home when they delivered and they said it required a signature. After paying $5 to get it changed I go home that day and the asshole finally just left it at my door.

I have gone down to the ups store down off university before to retrieve a package that was sayin delivered but hadn't been delivered to my address. They delivered to m former address and even then they fucked it up because they took it to a different address of an apartment complex across from where I lived..let someone sign for it and then left it in the lost and found for weeks. I was so pissed. Good luck

I just signed up for the free account but it doesn't seem to be much good for anything at all, as far as I can tell.  I've had two instances in the past where packages were delivered to the wrong address.  Each time I had tracked them and knew they were delivered, but found nothing after scouring my entire property.  Called UPS and was basically told "they were delivered.  Sorry.  Fuck you."  If the people that wound up with them hadn't been honest and brought them to the house I guess I would have been fucked.  I'd have had to file a claim and I can only imagine the amount of bullshit that goes into that process.

Offline bar_hog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 08:15:21 PM »
Go with FedEx. I had some tickets being delivered last month and changed to FedEx hold at 630 in the morning and they were waiting on me after work

Offline Mr A Ziffell

• A Shoat
  • old
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 12:22:39 AM »
Ask DRod...

Offline Bebop

• Piglet
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 12:59:52 PM »
Call 1-800-PICK-UPS and press "0" a couple times or so to speak with a representative. You can change the delivery address to wherever you want it to go. If your business allows you to accept shipments, then I would do it that way. Having the shipment going a recognized business (not at home business, etc) will require someone at that business to sign for it. That would probably be one of the better alternate routes. Also, if you do have it reassigned to another destination, it may push the delivery date back a day.