Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Let's do a Robb Smith thread  (Read 57980 times)

Offline MDEM

• Hater
  • Tush Hog
  • Repulsive Degenerate
Re: Let's do a Robb Smith thread
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2014, 09:18:37 AM »
We need an OC. If you are gonna be a game manager type like CBB who doesn't specialize in anything, you need rock star coordinators. Our offensive staff outside of Pittman is god awful.

This is a high quality post.

Offline Mike Slive

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2014, 08:39:25 AM »
Pay that man his monies!

Offline Mike Slive

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2014, 08:42:35 AM »
Every week, I've wondered how we will stop some of the best players in the country and every fucking week, this guy delivers the recipe. Unreal.

Offline big_pig

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2014, 09:02:14 AM »
Let's do a pay Robb Smith whatever he wants thread

I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline Stephen Hawging

• Jeff Long Darksider #000001
  • Tush Hog
  • Plundering taintfolds and taking names
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2014, 09:19:22 AM »
He needs a bonus equal to the Petrions APR payout.  It needs to be deposited in his account within 15 days.  He needs his own chartered jet. 

We finally get a game where the offense allowed the D some breathing room with some good long timely drives.  Shows what smith can do with a reasonably fresh D.  We should be a dominant force consistently as we build more depth. 

Free will is a lie
Literally nothing you do matters
We all die alone

Offline Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • Boar
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2014, 09:25:41 AM »
He needs a bonus equal to the Petrions APR payout.  It needs to be deposited in his account within 15 days.  He needs his own chartered jet. 

We finally get a game where the offense allowed the D some breathing room with some good long timely drives.  Shows what smith can do with a reasonably fresh D.  We should be a dominant force consistently as we build more depth.
When we get some depth built up, we are going to crush some motherfucking souls. Send it up there. Mark it down..what the fuck ever. The day is coming, friends.

...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Offline PorkRyan

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2014, 09:39:40 AM »
I read that Bama and LSU rushed 64 times for 100 yards against us this year.  If that is accurate, holy shit. Pay that man 2x his monies. 

I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. Fucking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the shit men fanta

Offline VegasHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2014, 09:47:11 AM »
I read that Bama and LSU rushed 64 times for 100 yards against us this year.  If that is accurate, holy shit. Pay that man 2x his monies. 

robb "who the fuck is that" smith

Offline big_pig

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2014, 09:57:21 AM »
Bama had 66 yards
LSU had 36 yards

According to ESPN.

So round it out to 100 yards

Offline Animal

• Totally not an administrator
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2014, 11:52:14 AM »
It can't hurt that Randy Shannon and Bert is also on the staff, not sure Robb Smith is the only one deserving of credit. Clearly the defense has made great strides and we still lack talent and speed in the back end, but have managed to overcome those issues with better coverage and tackling. We have DBs that arrive willing to hit, in years past our guys would piss down their legs. Collins for example to me doesn't look half as good as he plays. Lsu by all rights had far better talent and speed but their defense just looked lost at times last night.

It's better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war

Bruce Lee

Offline Boared Cynic

• Should RMPL
  • Boar
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2014, 11:59:55 AM »
All of our defensive coaches are doing an outstanding job. All our defensive units look well coached and energetic.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hammer Down
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2014, 12:06:34 PM »
Bama had 66 yards
LSU had 36 yards

According to ESPN.

So round it out to 100 yards

And I believe negative first half yardage.

When we get some depth built up, we are going to crush some motherfucking souls. Send it up there. Mark it down..what the frick ever. The day is coming, friends.

Um, we have a lot of depth right now.  I'm not sure how much more you want.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

"I can understand your disdain for Arkansas people when all you've had exposure to is the NW Ark people. The natives are idiots and the imports are Yankees." - Lurk, May 2016

Offline Sliver72

• Boar
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2014, 12:11:19 PM »

If we had the proper depth, we would have won a couple of those that we lost...going away. Not just winning, but dominating. But sure, whatever you say.

Offline big_pig

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2014, 12:12:48 PM »

Yes it was like -4 to 129.

Hilarious.

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• Surgeon General of Woopig
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2014, 12:51:14 PM »
If we had the proper depth, we would have won a couple of those that we lost...going away. Not just winning, but dominating. But sure, whatever you say.

Agree.  When you consistently give way in the 4th quarter the way we have, it's a depth issue.

Offline Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
  • An image of excellence.
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2014, 03:18:50 PM »
Agree.  When you consistently give way in the 4th quarter the way we have, it's a depth issue.

We have to develop a better oline so we can run the ball with more consistency and run the clock more in the 4th when we have a lead.

An té nach leigheasann im nó uisce beatha, ní aon leigheas ar.

Tiocfaidh ár lá! Éireann go brách!

Offline Sliver72

• Boar
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2014, 04:25:09 PM »

We have to develop a better oline so we can run the ball with more consistency and run the clock more in the 4th when we have a lead.
Fresh horses wouldn't hurt one bit, though, either. Not that I'm disagreeing with you. I love the fact that we have the backs we do.

Offline Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2014, 04:33:03 PM »
Fresh horses wouldn't hurt one bit, though, either. Not that I'm disagreeing with you. I love the fact that we have the backs we do.

I also think we need a playmaker at WR that can stretch the field and be a threat to house it any time he touches the ball. Improvement in our return game and special teams in general would greatly help also.

Online TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2014, 04:33:37 PM »

I agree we need to be able to pound the ball in the fourth, and I know our line will get deeper and play better.  What we need is a QB that presents enough of a threat that defenses can't cheat and overplay the run.  Until that happens ground game will be challenged.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2014, 05:30:37 PM »

I also think we need a playmaker at WR that can stretch the field and be a threat to house it any time he touches the ball. Improvement in our return game and special teams in general would greatly help also.

I think Cornelius can develop into this guy.  He seems pretty sure-handed, to boot.

“You didn’t choose me.  I chose you.”  - Sam Pittman

Offline Arkansas Proud

• King of the Hogs
  • Hammer Down
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2014, 05:53:46 PM »

We have depth on defense.  A supposed lack of depth on defense is not what cost us the AL game where they had just a couple first downs the whole 4th quarter or the MSU game that we lost on a complete defensive breakdown.

If anything, these games were lost on lack of offense and possibly oline depth.  But defensive depth is definitely not the problem.

"I can understand your disdain for Arkansas people when all you've had exposure to is the NW Ark people. The natives are idiots and the imports are Yankees." - Lurk, May 2016

Offline capnthog

• Poorly qualified to represent the LBC.
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2014, 06:25:56 PM »
I would be curious to know how many players have played on defense this year.  I have had to go to the roster numerous times to find out who number so and so is.

We have depth.  And we have players coming.  I like Rob, hell, he can come over and fuck my sister.

Eat me.

Offline LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2014, 06:32:43 PM »
There was talk in the offseason that part of the problem last year was that Ash butted heads with Shannon some and was stubborn in some things he wanted to do. I wrote that off as the people who are convinced Shannon is the greatest defensive coach to ever stand on a sideline just making assumptions.

But this defense is so much better than last year, and I don't feel like Smith has ever had a defense like this before. I don't remember Rutgers defenses having that reputation, but maybe they did.

It just makes me curious how much is just smith or just not having Ash. Either way, it is working and they should pay him whatever he wants to stay here.

It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• King of the Hogs
  • Hammer Down
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2014, 06:37:10 PM »

We definitely need a playmaker.  It's amazing how we've been able to stay in games without one.  Once we recruit one of these electrifying athletes, he'll be used early and often.

Offline Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2014, 06:43:36 PM »
There was talk in the offseason that part of the problem last year was that Ash butted heads with Shannon some and was stubborn in some things he wanted to do. I wrote that off as the people who are convinced Shannon is the greatest defensive coach to ever stand on a sideline just making assumptions.

But this defense is so much better than last year, and I don't feel like Smith has ever had a defense like this before. I don't remember Rutgers defenses having that reputation, but maybe they did.

It just makes me curious how much is just smith or just not having Ash. Either way, it is working and they should pay him whatever he wants to stay here.

Rutgers had some good defenses when Schiano was there. Smith and Shannon should be on the same page since they both have years of experience with this defensive system. One thing I see is that we have way less blown assignments. The difference in our CB's from last season is remarkable. We just have more guys in position to make plays.