Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Let's do a Robb Smith thread  (Read 57980 times)

Offline big_pig

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
Re: Let's do a Robb Smith thread
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2014, 03:39:44 PM »
man crush

I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline Hogwildpigcrazy

• Tush Hog
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2014, 09:39:36 PM »

Our founding fathers would have been shooting by now.

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• Surgeon General of Woopig
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2014, 10:37:12 PM »
Time to pay this man.

Clay Jennings, the DB coach, as well.

Offline The Red Death

• Woopig’s Emotional Woman Dipshit
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2014, 03:05:48 PM »
DAMN IT!!!  Robb Smith nominared for Broyles award.  Shouldn't we be keeping him a secret?

http://www.broylesaward.com/press-releases/2014/11/26/nominees-announced-for-2014-broyles-award

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.”  George Carlin

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2014, 03:07:24 PM »
DAMN IT!!!  Robb Smith nominared for Broyles award.  Shouldn't we be keeping him a secret?

http://www.broylesaward.com/press-releases/2014/11/26/nominees-announced-for-2014-broyles-award

A lot of interesting names on that list.  The biggest surprise to me was James Shibest.

Offline Mike Slive

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2014, 03:22:28 PM »
I'll just put this here.

I really like having a CEO type coach who isn't afraid to make changes when he thinks we can do better. The DC change is the biggest improvement on the team and Coach should get a lot of credit for that.

It's seems great having a guy like Gus, Bobby, Briles, ect... but that is almost always a one sided coin. The OC head coach types seem to never have a good defense. I'm not sure of the reason because anyone and everyone exclaims, if they only had a decent defense. I like our balance and believe it allows us to play more consistent.

Online TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2014, 04:51:09 PM »

If I were Bret, I'd set him up with a blonde and a nice used Harley.  He could then be contrite and sign a contract with a fat raise.

Offline Animal

• Totally not an administrator
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2014, 05:35:37 PM »
Id like to win more than two sec games before crowning anybody.

It's better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war

Bruce Lee

Offline Mike Slive

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2014, 06:21:17 PM »
Id like to win more than two sec games before crowning anybody.

Good point but our defense didn't just show up the last 2 games.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2014, 07:33:48 PM »
A lot of interesting names on that list.  The biggest surprise to me was James Shibest.

Well, wasn't he a teammate of Bazzel's, at least for one year?

“You didn’t choose me.  I chose you.”  - Sam Pittman

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2014, 11:23:24 PM »
PAY

THE

FUCKING

MAN

NOW!!!!

Offline DaveIsNotMyName

• A Shoat
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2014, 11:24:21 PM »
You guys are welcome, lol.

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2014, 11:29:09 PM »
You guys are welcome, lol.

Congrats on your bowl win.  Was pulling for you guys.

Offline Passed

• What the fuck you lookin' at?
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2014, 11:51:33 PM »

PAY

THE

FUCKING

MAN

NOW!!!!

This right motherfucking now!

Offline LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2014, 01:05:36 AM »
 :notexas:

It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2014, 01:11:43 AM »
Florida's coming after Shannon as LBs coach.  They hired Miss St's DC already.

That man needs his paycheck, too.  Spaight and Ellis were superb this year.

Offline Vito Porkleone

• Director of Golf
  • Tush Hog
  • Next one's coming faster.
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2014, 01:37:41 AM »
Surprised no one went here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jUBbCgMWmE

The first thing we're gonna do is we're gonna acknowledge that this guy is awesome.  I mean he shoots Theo Tonin;  fakes his own death in a spectacular fashion;  pushes a guy out of an airplane while he's flyin' it;  parachutes into Harlan County with enough coke and cash to jumpstart the economy of a small country;  then he has the balls to get a job in law enforcement - not once but two times;  he spends a couple days ridin' around with you - while you're lookin' for him;  and now he's run off with a hooker that's half his age.  That's some badass shit.

Offline TC

• King of the Hogs
  • Bout to get juicy.
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2014, 01:56:56 AM »
Florida's coming after Shannon as LBs coach. They hired Miss St's DC already.

That man needs his paycheck, too.  Spaight and Ellis were superb this year.

Really?  Why would Shannon leave for anything less than a DC or HC spot?  He'd have the DC spot here if he wants if Smith leaves.  Of the 2 though, I'll be happily surprised come fall if they're both still on staff.  For Shannon I just don't see him leaving us to go work for Ms St's DC as a LB Coach in a new staff rebuild.

But yeah, Long for real needs to be throwing money around like he just signed a new Cola contract. 

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hammer Down
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2014, 07:53:33 AM »
Great job.  7 points and their lone TD was on an obvious outside hold.  That's 2tds or less in final 5 games?  And against top 5 teams in west plus east champ?  Needs muschamp type money.

Don't read this thread Robb.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

"I can understand your disdain for Arkansas people when all you've had exposure to is the NW Ark people. The natives are idiots and the imports are Yankees." - Lurk, May 2016

Offline The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2014, 09:08:09 AM »
We need to step it up with coordinator salaries.  Teams that want to win are going big.  Auburn just paid a coordinator 1.8 million a year.  Michigan just made its head coach the highest paid person in football on any level.  THAT is what it takes to win.

We make $40 million a year in television revenue solely because of football.  $15 million of that or so needs to be earmarked for salaries.  Coordinators, if you are happy with them, need to make at least $1 million a year.  Arkansas should not lose a coordinator to another Big 5 school.  We should only lose them if they get a HC job.  And, then we need to pay them well enough that they only leave for a really good HC job at that.

If Robb Smith isn't making at least (probably more) $750k in the next year or so, we will lose him.  There isn't a doubt in my mind.  It might seem stupid, hard to live with, but it is going to take big money to keep winning staffs together for the time being.

Offline hogsfan4life

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2014, 11:42:21 AM »
We need to step it up with coordinator salaries.  Teams that want to win are going big.  Auburn just paid a coordinator 1.8 million a year. Michigan just made its head coach the highest paid person in football on any level.  THAT is what it takes to win.

We make $40 million a year in television revenue solely because of football.  $15 million of that or so needs to be earmarked for salaries.  Coordinators, if you are happy with them, need to make at least $1 million a year.  Arkansas should not lose a coordinator to another Big 5 school.  We should only lose them if they get a HC job.  And, then we need to pay them well enough that they only leave for a really good HC job at that.

If Robb Smith isn't making at least (probably more) $750k in the next year or so, we will lose him.  There isn't a doubt in my mind.  It might seem stupid, hard to live with, but it is going to take big money to keep winning staffs together for the time being.

Harbaugh is making $5 mil./yr. at Michigan which puts him in the top 6 for college but he isn't in the top 10 for the NFL. That being said, don't let facts get in the way of your nonsensical bullshit.

A Tapout tattoo will look great with your do-rag, wife-beater, ankle-monitor, and blank resume

HogHead McCormick

« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2014, 12:03:00 PM »
Harbaugh's salary was initially reported as 8 mill.

Offline cotte

• Retired Woopig Softballah
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2014, 12:32:47 PM »
We need to step it up with coordinator salaries.  Teams that want to win are going big.  Auburn just paid a coordinator 1.8 million a year.  Michigan just made its head coach the highest paid person in football on any level.  THAT is what it takes to win.

You is so dumb.

We're going to pick em up when they come off the damn bus. We gonna guard people.
Mike Anderson - March 26th, 2011

Offline The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2014, 01:04:45 PM »
Harbaugh is making $5 mil./yr. at Michigan which puts him in the top 6 for college but he isn't in the top 10 for the NFL. That being said, don't let facts get in the way of your nonsensical bullshit.

When I wrote that it was being reported as $8 million, dumbass.

Offline The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2014, 01:06:04 PM »
You is so dumb.

What is dumb about that, cockgobbler?  If you are going to have top notch coordinators, you are going to have to pay top notch salaries.  And in case you haven't noticed, $500k a year is no longer up to par with top notch coordinator salaries.