Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Let's do a Robb Smith thread  (Read 57981 times)

Offline Animal

• Totally not an administrator
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
Re: Let's do a Robb Smith thread
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2014, 01:29:52 PM »
When I wrote that it was being reported as $8 million, dumbass.

The first numbers tossed around in rumors are almost always way over blown.

It's better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war

Bruce Lee

Offline The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2014, 01:36:05 PM »

Fine, so be it, but we still need to pay a guy like Robb Smith more than he is making now or someone else will.

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Likes doing hoodrat stuff with his friends.
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2014, 01:43:50 PM »

It may be $8 million a year with $3 million going to assistant pay. 

"Lemme guess.. when you shake hands you offer a FIRM grip don't you.. or you think dick size matters? LMMFAO! nobody can do nothing about what your born with, and God gives everyone exactly what they need, your heart is the only thing that matters...Plus, my dicks little, but ask anybody that's kicked it in the sack with me and they'll tell you whats up.."

Offline Animal

• Totally not an administrator
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2014, 01:58:50 PM »
Fine, so be it, but we still need to pay a guy like Robb Smith more than he is making now or someone else will.

We have some highly desirable assistants on the defensive staff, there is no doubt and some if not all will get paid. Smith is among the lesser that I worry about because he's still a little bit unknown. He's not all the sudden going to get Will Muschamp type of money, probably not TOP 15 among DC's. Our db's coach and Randy Shannon are about as important as Smith (also, I'm not allowed within like 50 yards of any school). Both of those guys are developing a reputation for being "fixers" in addition to being excellent recruiters, which comes at a premium.

It may be $8 million a year with $3 million going to assistant pay. 

I guess that would make sense.

It's better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war

Bruce Lee

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• Surgeon General of Woopig
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2014, 02:43:11 PM »
We have some highly desirable assistants on the defensive staff, there is no doubt and some if not all will get paid. Smith is among the lesser that I worry about because he's still a little bit unknown. He's not all the sudden going to get Will Muschamp type of money, probably not TOP 15 among DC's. Our db's coach and Randy Shannon are about as important as Smith (also, I'm not allowed within like 50 yards of any school). Both of those guys are developing a reputation for being "fixers" in addition to being excellent recruiters, which comes at a premium.

I guess that would make sense.

I worry about the Aggies a little bit with Smith.  He has no ties there, but they are throwing huge money around at guys like Muschamp, Foster and Chavis.  The first two guys just got raises, and the Aggies actually think they are getting Chavis and Smith is on their B list. 

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Smith goes up from $550K to $750-850K this year.  At his current income he's going to be a target for lots of teams.  Better to get rid of that and create some stability.

Offline The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2014, 02:49:15 PM »
The guy took our defense from being a joke to being the best one on the Hill since probably the 60s or 70s.  At some point pride is going to kick in as he sees guys who have accomplished far less get paid more.  He deserves a raise and we need to give him one if we want to keep him.

Offline hogsfan4life

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2014, 04:04:07 PM »
When I wrote that it was being reported as $8 million, dumbass.

It was rumored to be $8 mil. Just because your mental midget ass believes it, doesn't make it true. If that is all it took your mother would not be the cum guzzling whore we all know her to be.

A Tapout tattoo will look great with your do-rag, wife-beater, ankle-monitor, and blank resume

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Likes doing hoodrat stuff with his friends.
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2014, 04:45:41 PM »
It was rumored to be $8 mil. Just because your mental midget ass believes it, doesn't make it true. If that is all it took your mother would not be the cum guzzling whore we all know her to be.

"Lemme guess.. when you shake hands you offer a FIRM grip don't you.. or you think dick size matters? LMMFAO! nobody can do nothing about what your born with, and God gives everyone exactly what they need, your heart is the only thing that matters...Plus, my dicks little, but ask anybody that's kicked it in the sack with me and they'll tell you whats up.."

Offline The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2014, 05:01:07 PM »

If you're going to call my mother a cum guzzling whore, at least have it make sense.  A complete non sequitur like that just wastes a fine insult of one's mother. 

I'll give you an example.  "It was rumored to be an $8 million dollar contract, but of course, it wasn't.  Nevertheless, you believed it because you're as big a dumbass as your mother is a cum guzzling whore." 

But as that your cockgobbling ass is eaten up with the dumbass, you messed it all up.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 05:23:07 PM by The Whyte Boar »

Offline Lurk

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2014, 05:21:32 PM »
If you're going to call my mother a cum guzzling whore, at least have it make sense.  A complete non sequitur like just waste a fine insult of one's mother. 

I'll give you an example.  "It was rumored to be an $8 million dollar contract, but of course, it wasn't.  Nevertheless, you believed it because you're as big a dumbass as your mother is a cum guzzling whore." 

But as that your cockgobbling ass is eaten up with the dumbass, you messed it all up.
You kind of messed up your rebuttal also.

The answer to every question about the seeming stupidity of every government decision from Covid to the coming war is simple. The elites want you dead..

Offline The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2014, 05:22:24 PM »
You kind of messed up your rebuttal also.

Damned Ipad.

Offline hogsfan4life

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2014, 07:39:18 AM »

A Tapout tattoo will look great with your do-rag, wife-beater, ankle-monitor, and blank resume

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2014, 09:41:44 AM »
Once upon a time, big fat titties, and they all lived happily ever after.

The End

this is a story that has to have pictures.  :dude2:

Arkansas: The Buyout State

Offline Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • K.Briles darksider #2.
« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2014, 10:42:54 AM »
Have we paid him yet? I had a wet dream last night about bermuda triangles 

That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit.

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #89 on: January 01, 2015, 01:03:23 AM »
Have we paid him yet? I had a wet dream last night about bermuda triangles

Supposedly his wife tweeted about how much they love being here and being a part of the Razorback family, etc.  At least that's encouraging.

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2015, 01:18:30 AM »
Just for kicks, a look at our 2014 defense vs 2013:

8th nationally in scoring defense at 19.2 PPG (4th in SEC) ------ 89th nationally (12th in SEC)
13th nationally in total defense at 323 YPG (5th in SEC) ----- 76th nationally (8th in SEC)
12th nationally in rushing defense at 114 YPG (2nd in SEC) ----- 79th nationally (11th in SEC)
40th nationally in pass defense at 209 YPG (7th in SEC) ----- 73rd nationally (11th in SEC)
29th nationally in turnovers forced (tied for 3rd in SEC) -----  113th in turnovers forced (14th in SEC)

Offline VegasHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2015, 08:03:25 AM »
considering our schedule this year, 13th in total defense is astounding

Offline Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • Boar
« Reply #92 on: January 02, 2015, 12:56:11 PM »
considering our schedule this year, 13th in total defense is astounding
Dude, our D hit some fuckers in the mouf pretty hard this season. Tough sons of bitches, too. Not no easy cupcake motherfuckers. That magnificent Aussie bastard we have punting is the amplifier to the defense's electric guitar. I wish he got more credit than he does. Our punt game is what helped our D be as awesome as it was.

...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Offline Boared Cynic

• Should RMPL
  • Boar
« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2015, 12:57:54 PM »
Imagine the numbers with better Auburn and UGA games. Hell, imagine if the whole team played the earlier part of the season like they played the last part of the season.  :dude2:

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2015, 01:07:18 PM »
Dude, our D hit some fuckers in the mouf pretty hard this season. Tough sons of bitches, too. Not no easy cupcake motherfuckers. That magnificent Aussie bastard we have punting is the amplifier to the defense's electric guitar. I wish he got more credit than he does. Our punt game is what helped our D be as awesome as it was.

Supposedly Robb Smith is known for the way he teaches tackling, and you saw a total difference in how we tackled this year (especially counting out AU and UGa).  Some guys like Gaines we thought of as soft became punishing hitters.

Oh, and I loved having Irwin-Hill, will suck to lose him.  Anybody see the photo of his family back in Australia watching the game on twitter wearing Hog gear?  I hope he gets a shot at the NFL, but not sure he got adequate hype.

Offline big_pig

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2015, 01:10:40 PM »
Imagine the numbers with better Auburn and UGA games. Hell, imagine if the whole team played the earlier part of the season like they played the last part of the season.  :dude2:

Smith said that the team didn't really turn the lights on until after the A&M game, while prepping for Bama. It was his first year and sometimes it takes a little bit for it all to click.

Even with the loss of 2/3 (at least) of the bermuda triangle, I expect us to put up similar defensive numbers next year. Not as good I don't think (hard to replace a QB disruptor like Flowers and a tackling machine like Spaight), but good enough.

This was the first year where we've had a defense that looked like it belonged in the SEC. I expect that trend to continue.

I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline VegasHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2015, 01:44:38 PM »
Supposedly Robb Smith is known for the way he teaches tackling, and you saw a total difference in how we tackled this year (especially counting out AU and UGa).  Some guys like Gaines we thought of as soft became punishing hitters.

Oh, and I loved having Irwin-Hill, will suck to lose him.  Anybody see the photo of his family back in Australia watching the game on twitter wearing Hog gear?  I hope he gets a shot at the NFL, but not sure he got adequate hype.

smith preaches the rugby style of tackling. it seems to work.

Offline LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2015, 03:18:41 PM »
I was thinking the other day, I wonder if it didn't hurt us some having Gurley out. I know that sounds crazy, but it seems like the focus was not on Chubb yet, he was not thought to be good enough to carry the team like Gurley had. He has since shown he is quite good, and I have a hard time believing this defense could shut down Amari Cooper and TJ Yeldon and Derrick Henry but couldn't stop Chubb.

Although, with the turnovers we gave UGA the defense never really had a chance.

It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Offline PorkRyan

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2015, 05:22:18 PM »

Yep.  It's very similar to the Hawk tackling that the Seahawks use. 

I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. Fucking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the shit men fanta

Offline HRC

• Boar
  • WPS
« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2015, 05:24:44 PM »
Yep.  It's very similar to the Hawk tackling that the Seahawks use.

A lost chicken?  A chicken?  In the woods? - ElvisHog - 2/4/2004
---------------