Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: LOL Memphis (Tiger High)  (Read 19138 times)

Offline Ty Webb

• I don't play golf, for money, against people
  • King of the Hogs
  • The Best in Sight and Sound
Re: LOL Memphis (Tiger High)
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2016, 04:02:59 PM »
I can't imagine Bailey and Cook being any less effective than Miles and Kouassi were this year. That's my glass half full approach...
If a top 5 or 6 JUCO player isn't better than Miles or Kouassi was this year those rankings are seriously f'd up.
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Offline Barton Fink

• Boar
  • Bring it!
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2016, 04:16:17 PM »
If a top 5 or 6 JUCO player isn't better than Miles or Kouassi was this year those rankings are seriously f'd up.

Bailey's a HS commit but for Cook you are correct. 
<--- I'm with him

Offline chittlins

• Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
  • King of the Hogs
  • It's a two sniff league
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2016, 10:53:46 AM »
Is Boy Wonder Gone? Appears he is headed to Georgia Tech.

Offline HughJasole

• Checking out your girl's baseline shift
  • Tush Hog
  • Activating glutes daily
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2016, 11:17:10 AM »
Is Boy Wonder Gone? Appears he is headed to Georgia Tech.

Offline Barton Fink

• Boar
  • Bring it!
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2016, 11:24:07 AM »
Hey, a clipboard!
<--- I'm with him

Offline chittlins

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2016, 06:54:45 PM »
Tiggers hire Tubby Smith.

Woof.

Offline Barton Fink

• Boar
  • Bring it!
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2016, 07:36:51 PM »
Not a bad hire.
<--- I'm with him

Offline Too Big Pig

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2016, 07:58:48 PM »
Not that we were pulling in golden years Memphis talent anyway, but this sure didn't help our cause in that area.
"If life gives you lemons, fuck life."  - Sir John Michael of Oklahoma

Offline abypfcs

• King of the Hogs
  • Both my favorite teams are underdogs.
    • YPFCS
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2016, 04:44:14 PM »
Not a bad hire.
A very good hire, in my opinion.  This will be his 6th team that he will take to the NCAA tourney.

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • Boar
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2016, 05:04:13 PM »
He is 65 years old. He won't be there that long. Also, Memhpis talent has been down lately.
The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline billy_ocean_fan

• Every Ladies Dream...
  • Wild Hog
  • ...a soft pecker and a hard head.
« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2016, 08:57:05 PM »
He is 65 years old. He won't be there that long.

No worries.  There will be two Tubby's on that plane from Lubbock to Memphis.

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2016, 07:26:58 AM »
He is 65 years old. He won't be there that long. Also, Memhpis talent has been down lately.

You couldn't be more wrong. The talent was not fully developed. Pastner graduated kids but couldn't coach them up. Truth be told, he demotivated his players because he was too rigid.
AYFSM?

Offline GuinnessHog

• ( . ) ( . )
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2016, 08:21:16 PM »
You couldn't be more wrong. The talent was not fully developed. Pastner graduated kids but couldn't coach them up. Truth be told, he demotivated his players because he was too rigid.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25555676/new-ga-tech-coach-josh-pastner-refuses-to-hire-assistants-who-play-golf

And now we know, via the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, that Pastner will not consider any assistants for his new staff at Georgia Tech if indeed they hit the links.

“My first question to anyone I (might) hire is, ‘Do you golf?'” Pastner said this week. “If they say, ‘Yes,' you can't work for me, because that means five hours on a Sunday or on a Saturday. Can't. Don't want it. That's for my assistant coaches. Any of my assistant coaches, if they're golfers, not working for me.”

And, to be clear, Pastner wasn't saying that an assistant coach can never be seen on a golf course ever again. Regardless, those who play regularly will have to find work elsewhere.

“I know there are going to be some fund-raising (golf events) you've got to drive around, but I couldn't handle five hours,” he said. “I couldn't handle it and I wouldn't want my staff to do it, either.”

Offline Lurk

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2016, 08:26:29 PM »
Tubby is liable to turn them into a monster. The man can coach.
Here's to growing up in an Empire during the decadent years!

Official motto of Woopig P&R board "Wear a cup tl;dr"

Offline Dr. HawgLove

• That's Dr. Merkwerdichliebe to you
  • Boar
  • Just look at the big board.
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2016, 09:46:01 AM »
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25555676/new-ga-tech-coach-josh-pastner-refuses-to-hire-assistants-who-play-golf

And now we know, via the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, that Pastner will not consider any assistants for his new staff at Georgia Tech if indeed they hit the links.

“My first question to anyone I (might) hire is, ‘Do you golf?'” Pastner said this week. “If they say, ‘Yes,' you can't work for me, because that means five hours on a Sunday or on a Saturday. Can't. Don't want it. That's for my assistant coaches. Any of my assistant coaches, if they're golfers, not working for me.”

And, to be clear, Pastner wasn't saying that an assistant coach can never be seen on a golf course ever again. Regardless, those who play regularly will have to find work elsewhere.

“I know there are going to be some fund-raising (golf events) you've got to drive around, but I couldn't handle five hours,” he said. “I couldn't handle it and I wouldn't want my staff to do it, either.”
"God willing, we will prevail, in peace and freedom from fear, and in true health, through the purity and essence of our natural fluids."

Offline Barton Fink

• Boar
  • Bring it!
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2016, 09:49:20 AM »

I know a couple...
<--- I'm with him

Offline SuperHog32

• Tush Hog
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2016, 10:22:23 AM »
Tubby is liable to turn them into a monster. The man can coach.

I'd take tubby over the crap show we have now.

Offline Judas

• A Shoat
  • Been doing this thing for years, now.
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2016, 03:54:24 PM »
Josh Pastner may as well roll up to Johns Creek to the AAC and tell all of his rich boosters that they're lazy.

Online Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • What Kate Does...to me.
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2016, 02:04:12 PM »

You think he's going recruiting in Gaston Park?

Offline chittlins

• King of the Hogs

Offline chittlins

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2016, 09:32:35 AM »

On Feb. 24, Memphis president David Rudd penned a letter to Gee and copied Oklahoma president David Boren and Baylor president Ken Starr, the other two members of the composition committee, as well as former Big 12 board chairman and Kansas State president Kirk Schulz. In the letter, Rudd pledged that Memphis will make a $500 million investment in academic and athletic infrastructure over the next five years. Rudd also enclosed a letter from FedEx chairman Fred Smith, who stated that the delivery services giant headquartered in Memphis will be behind the school's Big 12 campaign.

"We strongly support the university's efforts to become a member of an expanded Big 12 athletic conference," Smith wrote to Rudd in a letter dated Feb. 23. "In support of [Memphis'] Big 12 aspirations, we have researched college conference sponsorships and are prepared to become a major Big 12 sponsor of football and basketball."

Smith also wrote that FedEx would be prepared to sponsor a Big 12 championship game.

"We believe the University of Memphis and the Big 12 are a great fit and hope our support will contribute to the University of Memphis becoming a member of this storied athletic conference in the near future," Smith wrote

I'll say this. They want a 900 million reno of Cook Convention Center. Liberty Bowl has nothing but a handful of suites and age. I can not grasp that other than a new stadium, where Tigger High would spend 500 million on athletics.  Additional improvements to the baseball field, a new basketball practice facility and other small stuff only adds up maybe 50 million, they are already getting the indoor football facility but add that in and you got 100 million tops. They have the FedEx Forum for basketball.  I would pitch a new convention center stadium combo on Beale. Let's add it up. 900 million shift to a new CC instead of renovating the old one, have U of M pony up around 200 million which would be doable with a P5 payday and sell the naming rights for 100 million. That alone gets to 1.2 billion. Memphis should be able to get something rather nice for that. The new Music City Center in Nashville cost under 700 million in today's money.

Offline Barton Fink

• Boar
  • Bring it!
« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2016, 10:37:10 AM »
You think he's going recruiting in Gaston Park?

Sunday afternoons at Mt. Moriah.
<--- I'm with him

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Ya mo be there?
« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2016, 11:14:48 AM »
Sunday afternoons at Mt. Moriah.

sunday evenings were better
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline Barton Fink

• Boar
  • Bring it!
« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2016, 11:33:01 AM »
sunday evenings were better

I played down there a few Sundays. Damn good talent. Would get a little rough from time to time (as expected). There would be a wait on every court.
<--- I'm with him

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
« Reply #99 on: May 12, 2016, 10:05:26 AM »
I played down there a few Sundays. Damn good talent. Would get a little rough from time to time (as expected). There would be a wait on every court.

pretty sure he's talking about a former establishment on mt moriah road commonly known as platinum
Bring on White Chocolate

Page created in 1.77 seconds with 38 queries.