Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: WTF, Baylor?  (Read 108266 times)

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Boar
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
Re: WTF, Baylor?
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2015, 09:36:57 AM »
This story of Taeff is true.

I have an uncle that sent all his kids to Baylor.  He hasn't spoken to me in years, even at my fathers funeral, because years ago I proclaimed at a family gathering that Grant Taeff was a spawn of Satan and a representative of the demon horde on this earth, and that the collapse of the SWC and at the time Texas, Arkansas, and A&M going to the SEC was a sign that God really hated Baylor and dirty playin Grant Taeff and soon all would be right in the world.

Shouldn't have sugar coated it. Teaff had a personal grudge against Arkansas after some idiot reporter for the (then) Democrat ran an article quoting his QB Neal Jeffrey. Jeffrey had a ver bad stutter and this reporter quoted every stutter verbatim.

Jeffrey went on to lead Baylor to their first ever SWC championship in 1974. Teaff never forgot or forgave the entire state of Arkansas after that, though. He was/is that petulant.

Offline DaveIsNotMyName

• A Shoat
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2015, 01:27:03 PM »
Another good Baptist covering for a rapist. Must be a coincidence.

Online Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2015, 02:41:21 PM »
I've read the first article on page 1, but is there another that more clearly states what briles knowingly did wrong?  I must have missed something, unless this is just Baylor hatred coming out.
"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2015, 02:46:44 PM »
I've read the first article on page 1, but is there another that more clearly states what briles knowingly did wrong?  I must have missed something, unless this is just Baylor hatred coming out.
are you serious
it's pretty simple to be honest, apart from my support of ISIS,

took in a player with a known violent past who was kicked off of boise st
player allegedly sexually assaults a now-former soccer player during his first year on campus
briles and baylor keep the whole thing under wraps for a couple seasons, making it sound like simple eligibility concerns
there were even allusions to him playing this season
briles lies about knowing of player's violent past

basically, they took a chance on a guy with a shaky background, at best
then when it went wrong, they covered it up and lied about what they knew

you know... opposed to actually doing what would've obviously been the right thing to do

in fact, the details are hard to pick up on, because they've been covered up and hidden from the public...  it's a load of shit and it's embarrassing that their fans are defending it
I really hope Hillary can run in 2016 and wins

Offline TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2015, 02:50:13 PM »
are you serious

player allegedly sexually assaults a now-former soccer player during his first year on campus
briles and baylor keep the whole thing under wraps for a couple seasons, making it sound like simple eligibility concerns

you know... opposed to actually doing what would've obviously been the right thing to do

in fact, the details are hard to pick up on, because they've been covered up and hidden from the public...  it's a load of shit and it's embarrassing that their fans are defending it
The fact you had to actually tell him is all you need to know.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline Trigger7672

• Boar
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2015, 03:04:56 PM »
The fact you had to actually tell him is all you need to know.

Sometimes I feel like AP is trolling.

Offline Ty Webb

• I don't play golf, for money, against people
  • King of the Hogs
  • The Best in Sight and Sound
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2015, 04:43:25 PM »
Sometimes I feel like AP is trolling.
Sometimes I just feel she's stupid.

One of us is correct.
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Offline Hogustus

• Tush Hog
  • ex-commissary clerk
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2015, 05:26:24 PM »
Sometimes I just feel she's stupid.

One of us is correct.
Usually, I think you're both right.

Offline Animal

• Custom Title
  • King of the Hogs
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2015, 06:19:38 PM »
Are butt sex jokes now off limits with Baylor? Just checking

Offline hogsrunwild

• King of the Hogs
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2015, 07:02:48 PM »
Is it sexual ASSault if it was anal, since everyone knows anal isn't 'real' sex, in a biblical way. 
Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.

Offline acater

• The Muchacho with the Couponas
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2015, 02:40:34 PM »
Didnt Baylor also take that highly recruited RB that went to Oregon then was found to have been recruited through that guy that was getting paid?
"I hate you Acater!"- Otis Kirk

Look, I know exactly what I typed and the next 3 people couldn't piece it together.

Offline Ty Webb

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2015, 02:59:20 PM »
Didnt Baylor also take that highly recruited RB that went to Oregon then was found to have been recruited through that guy that was getting paid?
Yes they did. Lache Seastrunk. He left after his junior year to go pro. He's since been cut from Redskins, Titans, Panthers and just a couple days ago the Cowboys. Smart move going pro.

Online Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2015, 03:17:33 PM »
are you serious

in fact, the details are hard to pick up on, because they've been covered up and hidden from the public...  it's a load of aMm and it's embarrassing that their fans are defending it

All you did was summarize the article.  I read the article.  From what I read,

he never played a down for Baylor
Briles is the head coach, but I don't think he was in charge of the investigation
Briles says he didn't know of the guy's violent past, Peterson never said he told Briles anything specific about the player's violent past
Briles says he checked with the guy's high school coach and there were no red flags.  The coach would have known the player within six months of the incident at Boise

Seems to me the part about taking a chance on the guy wasn't any worse than what happens at most programs across the country (thankfully, not ours right now)
If Briles was involved in the coverup, he knowingly did something wrong.  But the original article didn't show that.  That's why I asked.

The simple route is to believe everything you read in an article as true.  It may be that Briles covered things up, it just wasn't clear in the first article - that's why I asked.
"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline Trigger7672

• Boar
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2015, 03:25:59 PM »

Briles is the head coach, but I don't think he was in charge of the investigation
Briles says he didn't know of the guy's violent past, Peterson never said he told Briles anything specific about the player's violent past
Briles says he checked with the guy's high school coach and there were no red flags.  The coach would have known the player within six months of the incident at Boise

Seems to me the part about taking a chance on the guy wasn't any worse than what happens at most programs across the country (thankfully, not ours right now)
If Briles was involved in the coverup, he knowingly did something wrong.  But the original article didn't show that.  That's why I asked.

The simple route is to believe everything you read in an article as true.  It may be that Briles covered things up, it just wasn't clear in the first article - that's why I asked.

What about the part where the DC for Baylor said the guy would be ready to play this season knowing there was a rape charge pending? That doesn't seem fucked up to you?

Offline The Cowboy Tiger

• I AM THE FIRE
  • King of the Hogs
  • BURN IT DOWN
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2015, 03:51:10 PM »
The fact that Chris Petersen came right out and basically said to a reporter:  "yeah.  we knew that guy is a fucking rapist, which is why he got told to hit the bricks.  We even told Baylor he is a rapist" indicates to me that CP doesn't think much of those fuckaroos down there in David Koresh land.  That's pretty much CP publicly talking shit on another coach.
I'm just a dark guy from a den of iniquity.

Don't go away mad.  Just go away.

Offline Lurk

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2015, 04:04:26 PM »

Well read this one then, stupid. Then still come back and defend them.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/article/silence-at-baylor/
Here's to growing up in an Empire during the decadent years!

Official motto of Woopig P&R board "Wear a cup tl;dr"

Offline The Cowboy Tiger

• I AM THE FIRE
  • King of the Hogs
  • BURN IT DOWN
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2015, 04:43:09 PM »

Here's some things from the new article.  Believe what you want:

Doe testified that he pulled her dress up, pulled her underwear to the side, and forced her legs open with his toes, her head pressed between his bed and his desk, then forced himself inside of her. Doe was a virgin at the time.
Baylor officials either knew, or should have known, that Ukwuachu had a history of violent incidents at Boise State. The football program knew that even though he was a rising star and a defensive starter for the Broncos, he had been kicked off that team following a 4.5-sack, 7 tackle-for-loss season. And in August 2013, Chad Jackson, a senior associate athletic director at Baylor, was informed by John Cunningham, an associate athletic director at Boise State, that Ukwuachu’s previous school did not support any waivers to get the player back on the field. When Briles’ program brought Ukwuachu to Baylor, they did so amid media reports that the player had a disciplinary history that his previous program took seriously enough to kick him off the team.

Don't believe everything you read in the press, though.  Best to let the courts take care of this and let Briles investigate before we make any snap judgments.

Offline The Cowboy Tiger

• I AM THE FIRE
  • King of the Hogs
  • BURN IT DOWN
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2015, 04:51:45 PM »
And another indicator that he might be a little rapey before he raped someone in Texas:

And in August 2013, Chad Jackson, a senior associate athletic director at Baylor, was informed by John Cunningham, an associate athletic director at Boise State, that Ukwuachu’s previous school did not support any waivers to get the player back on the field. When Briles’ program brought Ukwuachu to Baylor, they did so amid media reports that the player had a disciplinary history that his previous program took seriously enough to kick him off the team.

Did Baylor at least know earlier this year that he was rapey?:

The reason that Ukwuachu missed the 2014 season is because of the indictment on two counts of felony sexual assault, a fact that Ukwuachu’s attorney, Jonathan Sibley, confirmed in the press more than a year after the indictment was issued.
Baylor’s treatment of the charges against Ukwuachu aren’t consistent with a program that takes those charges seriously. Coach Briles and Bennett declined comment to Texas Monthly regarding Ukwuachu’s case, but Phil Bennett, the team’s defensive coordinator, did comment in June, and his comment was that he expected to see Ukwuachu on the field in the fall.

But it's cool.  It's good that Baylor is good at football.

Offline Jostlyn McCocksack

• Wise guy extraordinare. Faded weekly
  • King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2015, 05:34:33 PM »

YouR right; coaches investigate the insides and outs of all recruits but there was no questions asked about some stud who just so happened wanted to come back to school in Texas??? Bullshit you know better. ....and if he doesn't that's early warning signs of a lack of institutional control
"Coaches who listen to fans often end up sitting with them."
Bobby Knight

Offline Hog Sauce

• Boar
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2015, 05:45:55 PM »
let Briles investigate before we make any snap judgments.

Offline Trigger7672

• Boar
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2015, 06:00:34 PM »
Have we mentioned this guy was convicted and only got 180 days in prison. That sentence seems extremely light.

Offline Ty Webb

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2015, 06:22:02 PM »
Have we mentioned this guy was convicted and only got 180 days in prison. That sentence seems extremely light.
County jail not prison. Yes, way too light a sentence.

Offline Trigger7672

• Boar
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2015, 06:34:43 PM »
County jail not prison. Yes, way too light a sentence.

That sentence isn't even long enough to send him to prison I guess.

Offline TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2015, 07:01:06 PM »
< 1/2 a year for rape?!?! That's one of the things wrong with our judicial system. At least he'll be back for a longer stay soon, unfortunately it'll be at the expense of his next victim.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2015, 07:42:52 PM »
That girl must not still have a father because this sack of shit still breathes.

Page created in 1.41 seconds with 38 queries.