Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Former UA Trustees against stadium expansion  (Read 65579 times)

Offline Stephen Colboar

• Emperor of Woopig
  • savage
Re: Former UA Trustees against stadium expansion
« Reply #200 on: September 09, 2016, 01:06:15 PM »
I'm holding out for The Village.

"I was right, but things change."

Offline Splurge

• Resident Wooooo-pigger
  • King of the Hogs
  • My shoes cost more than your house
« Reply #201 on: September 09, 2016, 01:14:11 PM »
Naming things after directions is sooooo yesterday and dated.  Take a page from the real estate developers like Lindsey and jazz it up with some bullshit "homage to history".  For example, instead of Victory Village South, it should named The Village at Carlson Terrace.

Offline Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Formerly known as Boar Bidet or Board Witch
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #202 on: September 09, 2016, 01:25:04 PM »
I'm holding out for The Village.
why not Hurt Village

Once in Yamsylvania, we had the potato famine. Which did not upset us because, hey, we eat only yams! Then we realized it is better to starve on potatoes than eat yams. We became so poor we had to raise monkeys for their fur. OK, we raised them for their pleasant smell and many tasty parasites. The kids today, tell them about parasite stew, and they look at you like you're some kind of nutty man, crazed from yam poisoning.

Offline Law_Hawg

• Have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #203 on: September 09, 2016, 01:38:23 PM »
I know you're trying to be a smartass but read for yourself. I didn't make this shit up. GFY.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/victory-village/

While I see that my reputation precedes me, your hostility is misplaced in this instance, good sir.

I did not know that there was a Victory Village for every compass point.  In fact, I wasn't aware there was something called "Victory Village" until today. 

I see that you have made three spelling mistakes.   -Thomas de Mahy, Marquis de Favras, upon reading his death warrant.

Offline Law_Hawg

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #204 on: September 09, 2016, 01:39:33 PM »

I see that you have made three spelling mistakes.   -Thomas de Mahy, Marquis de Favras, upon reading his death warrant.

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #205 on: September 09, 2016, 01:40:24 PM »

While I see that my reputation precedes me, your hostility is misplaced in this instance, good sir.

I did not know that there was a Victory Village for every compass point.  In fact, I wasn't aware there was something called "Victory Village" until today.

Calmer than you are.

Offline Law_Hawg

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #206 on: September 09, 2016, 01:44:18 PM »
Naming things after directions is sooooo yesterday and dated.  Take a page from the real estate developers like Lindsey and jazz it up with some bullshit "homage to history".  For example, instead of Victory Village South, it should named The Village at Carlson Terrace.

The Little Rock at Argenta?

Offline Stephen Colboar

• Emperor of Woopig
  • savage
« Reply #207 on: September 09, 2016, 01:50:19 PM »

FUCK that god damn police department.

Offline Law_Hawg

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #208 on: September 09, 2016, 01:52:21 PM »
FUCK that god damn police department.

I thought it was fitting that the only car in sight was a police car. 

Offline Stephen Colboar

• Emperor of Woopig
  • savage
« Reply #209 on: September 09, 2016, 01:55:58 PM »

The Village at Latourette Tavern

Offline kingofdequeen

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #210 on: September 09, 2016, 02:30:43 PM »

Offline TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #211 on: September 09, 2016, 02:54:42 PM »

When I was a kid in the 60's there was a public swimming pool in Cammack Village that was pretty nice.  As I recall the lifeguards were cops who would hassle you, but I think their real purpose was to make sure there was no integrating going on.  I think after they gave my mother her third ticket she started driving us out to Lake Nixon.

Offline kingofdequeen

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #212 on: September 09, 2016, 02:55:24 PM »

I love that police department.  don't even lock my doors.

Offline Splurge

• Resident Wooooo-pigger
  • King of the Hogs
  • My shoes cost more than your house
« Reply #213 on: September 09, 2016, 03:25:14 PM »
When I was a kid in the 60's there was a public swimming pool in Cammack Village that was pretty nice.  As I recall the lifeguards were cops who would hassle you, but I think their real purpose was to make sure there was no integrating going on.  I think after they gave my mother her third ticket she started driving us out to Lake Nixon.

Never knew you were a black dude.  Could certainly never tell from your posts and none of my black friends eat jello molds with veg-all.

Offline IH8LSU

• Boar
  • Puts Carts Where They Go
« Reply #214 on: September 09, 2016, 03:44:17 PM »

If only that village were surrounded by scary animals, that might be a good plot for a movie...

Offline Law_Hawg

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #215 on: September 09, 2016, 03:46:33 PM »

They do have a sense of humor about their reputation, at least. 

Offline Show-Me Hog

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yep
« Reply #216 on: September 09, 2016, 03:55:17 PM »
I know you're trying to be a smartass but read for yourself. I didn't make this shit up. GFY.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/victory-village/

Based on its popularity and in response to fan requests for more reserved tailgating spots, Victory Village was expanded before the 2015 University of Arkansas football season.

In addition to the previously available reserved tailgating spots in Victory Village North (located above Lot 44 by the John W. Tyson Poultry Science building) and Victory Village East (located across Stadium Drive from Lot 44 on the Administration Hill), a new location, Victory Village South, has been established south of Bud Walton Arena near the Gardens.  Victory Village South will be located on an open grass lot directly west of the new Basketball Performance Center.

Spots in Victory Village can be reserved on a single-game or season-long basis. Tailgating in Victory Village will only be permitted with a reservation.

For more information or to reserve a spot in Victory Village, contact Intents Party Rentals at 479-251-8368.
In addition, Razorback Athletics will continue to provide the popular AT&T Fan Zone at the Gardens for free. The AT&T Fan Zone at the Gardens includes inflatable games for kids, live music, televisions and food and drink vendors.

If you rent a spot on a day we lose, do you get a refund?

Offline HRC

• Boar
  • WPS
« Reply #217 on: September 09, 2016, 07:14:44 PM »

My bad. I thought you were giving me shit. It's hard to tell when people are actually serious around here.

A lost chicken?  A chicken?  In the woods? - ElvisHog - 2/4/2004
---------------

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Ya mo be there?
« Reply #218 on: October 18, 2016, 09:03:12 PM »
a letter went out this afternoon about the expansion.  has a link with updated information/renderings

http://arkansasrazorbacks.com/dwrrs/?hq_e=el&hq_m=1198560&hq_l=1&hq_v=5df2861ec3

Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline hit_that_line

• Woopig Joe Biden
  • King of the Hogs
  • woopig.net
« Reply #219 on: October 18, 2016, 09:11:25 PM »
I guess no more erector set seats. They need to bowl it in completely. Looks odd as hell and reduces noise.

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• Surgeon General of Woopig
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #220 on: October 18, 2016, 10:51:37 PM »
Looks awesome, but do the tower renovations on the west side corners mean they are putting a facade there?  I'm guessing since you can't see it that it will still be the same erector set on that side but 100% awesome everywhere else?

Offline Joe Swine

• Boar
« Reply #221 on: October 18, 2016, 11:21:42 PM »
When the Vols were taking it up all three and filing out last Saturday, I noticed their stands were all the piss, shit and aluminium of ours.  They're stuck with all 102K of that.  We're not.   We better think this through.

Offline hit_that_line

• Woopig Joe Biden
  • King of the Hogs
  • woopig.net
« Reply #222 on: October 19, 2016, 07:43:50 AM »
When the Vols were taking it up all three and filing out last Saturday, I noticed their stands were all the piss, shit and aluminium of ours.  They're stuck with all 102K of that.  We're not.   We better think this through.
Wouldn't surprise me if in the future we actually reduce seating to increase comfort. This is what TCU did putting in tons of chair backs and giving more room. It was awesome.

Offline hit_that_line

• Woopig Joe Biden
  • King of the Hogs
  • woopig.net
« Reply #223 on: October 19, 2016, 07:44:33 AM »
Looks awesome, but do the tower renovations on the west side corners mean they are putting a facade there?  I'm guessing since you can't see it that it will still be the same erector set on that side but 100% awesome everywhere else?
I thought Long said that wasn't happening this round.

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
« Reply #224 on: October 19, 2016, 08:18:02 AM »
I guess no more erector set seats. They need to bowl it in completely. Looks odd as hell and reduces noise.
Everybody will think we ran out if money.