Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Former UA Trustees against stadium expansion  (Read 65837 times)

Offline BASS

• the philosophical woopigga
  • Emperor of Woopig
Re: Former UA Trustees against stadium expansion
« Reply #225 on: October 19, 2016, 09:37:37 AM »
Wouldn't surprise me if in the future we actually reduce seating to increase comfort. This is what TCU did putting in tons of chair backs and giving more room. It was awesome.

would be cool if they could cascade down the west side of the stadium over razorback road and have a tunnel through the stadium for the road and traffic. 

i'm sure that would only cost another $100mm or so

fuck your feelings

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #226 on: October 19, 2016, 09:47:05 AM »
I guess no more erector set seats. They need to bowl it in completely. Looks odd as hell and reduces noise.

I hope they leave that north east corner open for eternity.  Makes the stadium unique.

BUT, what all you fuckers are totally missing is that they will start razing the current Broyles Athletic Complex. 

THAT MEANS THAT AFTER THE LSU GAME, WE WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO GRIPE ABOUT THE YELLOW BRICKS!!!

I'm gonna get in touch with some of the people I know at the U of A and see if we can get a few of those bricks to save as a Woopig souvenir.  We'll have it to rotate around to our individual tailgates so that we will NEVER forget.

Offline HRC

• Boar
  • WPS
« Reply #227 on: October 19, 2016, 09:47:34 AM »
would be cool if they could cascade down the west side of the stadium over razorback road and have a tunnel through the stadium for the road and traffic. 

i'm sure that would only cost another $100mm or so

I wish they would do this but in things I've read in the past a big barrier is that Razorback Rd is a state highway, so doing something like this requires getting the state involved and you know that isn't easy. Lot 72 would be a great spot for a hotel.

A lost chicken?  A chicken?  In the woods? - ElvisHog - 2/4/2004
---------------

Offline DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #228 on: October 19, 2016, 09:50:40 AM »
I hope they leave that north east corner open for eternity.  Makes the stadium unique.

BUT, what all you fuckers are totally missing is that they will start razing the current Broyles Athletic Complex. 

THAT MEANS THAT AFTER THE LSU GAME, WE WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO GRIPE ABOUT THE YELLOW BRICKS!!!

I'm gonna get in touch with some of the people I know at the U of A and see if we can get a few of those bricks to save as a Woopig souvenir.  We'll have it to rotate around to our individual tailgates so that we will NEVER forget.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ3Bb4UsXhU

?s=20

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #229 on: October 19, 2016, 09:52:27 AM »
I wish they would do this but in things I've read in the past a big barrier is that Razorback Rd is a state highway, so doing something like this requires getting the state involved and you know that isn't easy. Lot 72 would be a great spot for a hotel.

BTW, leave room up near the street in your front yard for a statue honoring the BAC yellow bricks.  When woopiggers head to the game (the non-losers who actually buy tickets and attend), they can walk by and touch the BAC Yellow Bricks Woopig Statue.  We'll put a picture of Leo on one side.

Offline HRC

• Boar
  • WPS
« Reply #230 on: October 19, 2016, 09:56:26 AM »
BTW, leave room up near the street in your front yard for a statue honoring the BAC yellow bricks.  When woopiggers head to the game (the non-losers who actually buy tickets and attend), they can walk by and touch the BAC Yellow Bricks Woopig Statue.  We'll put a picture of Leo on one side.

I like it. Maybe we can get some of the actual bricks from the demolition. A pic of Leo and the reigning Ms Woopig and our fat coach.

A lost chicken?  A chicken?  In the woods? - ElvisHog - 2/4/2004
---------------

Offline DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #231 on: October 19, 2016, 09:57:39 AM »
I like it. Maybe we can get some of the actual bricks from the demolition. A pic of Leo and the reigning Ms Woopig and our fat coach.

If you guys really want to honor the spirit of Woopig you'll use the bricks to build a small shelter for Leo in your front yard. 

?s=20

Offline BASS

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #232 on: October 19, 2016, 10:10:53 AM »
If you guys really want to honor the spirit of Woopig you'll use the bricks to build a small shelter for Leo in your front yard.

can we make it a jail that FPD drop Leo off at when he gets popped for PI?  We can give him his own key like Floyd.

fuck your feelings

Offline Cerdo

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #233 on: October 19, 2016, 10:25:08 AM »
That would be big time. 

Hello Darkness My Old Friend

Offline GolfingHog

• Tush Hog
  • Calmer than you are.
« Reply #234 on: October 19, 2016, 10:31:09 AM »

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2016/oct/12/fayetteville-transportation-committee-m/

The Transportation Committee on Tuesday reviewed a proposal in which the city would own and maintain about 4 miles of Arkansas 112 from 15th Street to Interstate 49. In exchange, the state would widen or improve four sections of the highway at little to no cost to the city.

The city also would take responsibility for about 3 miles of Arkansas 156 from South School Avenue to Pump Station Road, north of Drake Field. The highways would become a city streets and the state would remove both segments from its system.

:borat:

Offline IH8LSU

• Boar
  • Puts Carts Where They Go
« Reply #235 on: October 19, 2016, 10:32:52 AM »
can we make it a jail that FPD drop Leo off at when he gets popped for PI?  We can give him his own key like Floyd.
Otis.

Offline BASS

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #236 on: October 19, 2016, 04:27:45 PM »
Otis.

well fuck me.  i never watched that show.  floyd was the barber wasn't he?

fuck your feelings

Offline Austin Nichols

• Tush Hog
« Reply #237 on: October 19, 2016, 04:34:51 PM »
a letter went out this afternoon about the expansion.  has a link with updated information/renderings

http://arkansasrazorbacks.com/dwrrs/?hq_e=el&hq_m=1198560&hq_l=1&hq_v=5df2861ec3

Endzone font still not updated.

Offline chittlins

• Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
  • King of the Hogs
  • It's a two sniff league
« Reply #238 on: October 19, 2016, 04:58:03 PM »
http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2016/oct/12/fayetteville-transportation-committee-m/

The Transportation Committee on Tuesday reviewed a proposal in which the city would own and maintain about 4 miles of Arkansas 112 from 15th Street to Interstate 49. In exchange, the state would widen or improve four sections of the highway at little to no cost to the city.

:borat:

Improve means getting rid of the center turn lane and adding tree lined medians so it will look like the section from Baum to 6th (MLK). So, when you get off the exit it will be Boulevard all the way. I give this a great  :thumbup:

The state gets rid of maintaining it at a small cost considereding the cost of decades more of upkeep.

This state has WAAAAAAY too much state highway miles that when added up takes a great deal of funding away from important roads.

“I would rather be governed by the first two thousand people in the Boston telephone directory than by the two thousand people on the faculty of Harvard University.”
— William Buckley on “Meet the Press”, 17 October 1965.

HogHead McCormick

« Reply #239 on: October 19, 2016, 05:06:38 PM »

That view from maple? towards the southwest through the opening  is worth the odd look of the stadium itself.

Offline IH8LSU

• Boar
  • Puts Carts Where They Go
« Reply #240 on: October 19, 2016, 09:51:37 PM »
well fuck me.  i never watched that show.  floyd was the barber wasn't he?
Yes. And Otis was the town woopigger.

Offline Tanny Bogus

• Haunting Wickes since the mid-50's
  • Boar
  • Longtime Fan of Phil Hartman
« Reply #241 on: October 20, 2016, 07:57:45 AM »

Improve means getting rid of the center turn lane and adding tree lined medians so it will look like the section from Baum to 6th (MLK). So, when you get off the exit it will be Boulevard all the way. I give this a great  :thumbup:

The state gets rid of maintaining it at a small cost considereding the cost of decades more of upkeep.

This state has WAAAAAAY too much state highway miles that when added up takes a great deal of funding away from important roads.
More importantly the University doesn't have to deal with the highway dept when trying to do things on campus. 

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Ya mo be there?
« Reply #242 on: October 20, 2016, 08:22:16 AM »
More importantly the University doesn't have to deal with the highway dept when trying to do things on campus.

yes, but dealing with this city can be an even bigger pain in the ass

Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Online Sus-Scrofa

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #243 on: October 20, 2016, 08:28:35 AM »

AS long as you don't walk through the middle of campus.

Offline razorwire

• King of the Hogs
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #244 on: October 20, 2016, 08:42:38 AM »
I remember when they installed the brick plaza between the library and the student union.  Physical plant set up a masonry saw and sliced all of the brick pavers in half (length wise) to save money.  However, the half width thickness of the pavers did not hold up well to freeze thaw and a good number had to be replaced each spring with new pavers for as long as I remained at the University.  Don't underestimate the physical plant's management ability to come up with an adaptive re-use of the yellow bricks.  Perhaps a brick inlay spelling out "Frank Broyles" in a sidewalk associated with the athletic dorm.

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #245 on: October 09, 2017, 01:10:38 PM »
So maybe Pryor had a valid point after all?

Arkansas: The Buyout State

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Likes doing hoodrat stuff with his friends.
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #246 on: November 09, 2017, 12:21:01 AM »
So maybe Pryor had a valid point after all?

Some entertaining reading in this thread.

"Lemme guess.. when you shake hands you offer a FIRM grip don't you.. or you think dick size matters? LMMFAO! nobody can do nothing about what your born with, and God gives everyone exactly what they need, your heart is the only thing that matters...Plus, my dicks little, but ask anybody that's kicked it in the sack with me and they'll tell you whats up.."

Offline arkansawyer

• Wild Hog
« Reply #247 on: November 10, 2017, 02:30:20 PM »
This was discussed in the other thread, but here's some more detail on the bond payments (you have to register, but it's free):

https://www.bondbuyer.com/news/u-of-arkansas-plays-stadium-game-with-bond-deal

Basically, we are paying back nearly 50% of the $115 MM bond over the next 10 years with the rest spread out beyond that. That's $57.5 MM in just principal payments over the next ten years. Adding in interest and at minimum you're looking at $8 MM in increased yearly debt obligations starting in 2018.

I'd love to see their math, my guesses on what they projected:

1) Sell every suite for $1 MM for 6 years which seems to be the going rate, that's $6.3 MM / year.
2) Sell 64 loge boxes at an average of $20,000 / year is another $1.3 MM.
3) Sell 3,000 club seats x $125 / ticket is $2.6 MM
4) Assume minimal to no-issues selling suits and seats that opened up from people moving into new endzone

That totals about $10 MM increase in yearly revenue, which in theory would more than cover the $8 MM in yearly bond payments. It all comes down to how well the club seats are selling as well as how well they are back-filling the people that moved to the new end zone from the rest of the stadium. It sounds as if they are having a hell of a time backfilling, based on anecdotes.

Offline Razor B

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #248 on: November 10, 2017, 02:50:34 PM »
The Coastal Carolina game changed the minds of people willing to upgrade.  The UA admin put all their biscuits in Bret's basket.

Offline big_pig

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #249 on: November 10, 2017, 02:57:12 PM »
Maybe I'm naive but here's what I think:

If we had done this expansion in 2009 and opened it with the 2010 season does anyone think we wouldn't have had sellouts in 10 and 11?

The problem filling the stadium is tied to the coach. Hire the right coach and I'm not worried about the expansion.

I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.