Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 2016 High School Football  (Read 76274 times)

Offline Sweet River Baines

• Boar
Re: 2016 High School Football
« Reply #575 on: April 03, 2017, 12:33:06 PM »
And before anyone mentions player safety, refs already have the authority to cancel, postpone, shorten, or delay games due to weather.  And whether it is explicitly in the rules or not, they sometimes stop play early in the season for additional water breaks without charging the teams a time out.

An officials timeout for a water break? I'm at a game every Friday night in the fall and I've NEVER seen this. 
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 4:11 Posi-trac out back, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• A Shoat
« Reply #576 on: April 03, 2017, 12:47:03 PM »
An officials timeout for a water break? I'm at a game every Friday night in the fall and I've NEVER seen this.

They usually only do it for  the first couple of games.  I've seen it many times.  You actually may have thought it was one of the teams calling timeout.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #577 on: April 03, 2017, 12:56:27 PM »
I first saw it at soccer games and have since seen it at August and early Sept football games. I think I even saw a college game on TV a year or two ago early in the season and the temp was over 100 and they built in an extra break in the middle of  each quarter.
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline Law_Hawg

• They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #578 on: April 03, 2017, 01:00:17 PM »
They usually only do it for  the first couple of games.  I've seen it many times.  You actually may have thought it was one of the teams calling timeout.

He did say he only goes to games in the fall.  Since it's still summer until the third week of September, he may have missed it.

;D

• Boar
« Reply #579 on: April 03, 2017, 01:02:00 PM »

That's interesting. I keep stats while broadcasting on the radio and I've never noticed it. I'll have to specifically look for it this fall.
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 4:11 Posi-trac out back, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle.

Offline kingofdequeen

• King of the Hogs
  • all extremists should be shot.
« Reply #580 on: April 03, 2017, 01:03:41 PM »
That's interesting. I keep stats while broadcasting on the radio and I've never noticed it. I'll have to specifically look for it this fall.

then who'll insure the accuracy of the Mena Bearcats' statistics?
When did you stop beating your gay lover?

Offline Love Handle

• A Shoat
« Reply #581 on: April 03, 2017, 01:12:08 PM »
If you have a good white hat he'll do it after a change of possession but not one that would interfere with the flow of the game.  After a punt usually.  If it is an interception or fumble he'll generally wait so as not to affect momentum. 

• Boar
« Reply #582 on: April 03, 2017, 01:12:32 PM »
then who'll insure the accuracy of the Mena Bearcats' statistics?

Thankfully, I've never been to Mena in my life. Try again.

Offline kingofdequeen

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #583 on: April 03, 2017, 01:14:52 PM »
Thankfully, I've never been to Mena in my life. Try again.

you'll get no judgement from me, sir.  i wouldn't admit that shit either.

• Boar
« Reply #584 on: April 03, 2017, 01:16:05 PM »
you'll get no judgement from me, sir.  i wouldn't admit that shit either.

I wouldn't admit to being from DeQueen either.   :stache:

Offline kingofdequeen

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #585 on: April 03, 2017, 01:21:53 PM »
if this were the futbol thread you'd claim it.

• Boar
« Reply #586 on: April 03, 2017, 01:28:05 PM »
if this were the futbol thread you'd claim it.

If this was a soccer thread I wouldn't be reading or posting on it.  :D

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
« Reply #587 on: April 03, 2017, 05:13:57 PM »
Isn't the entire turf at WMS artificial?   Boy, some fire heater gets kicked over and you'd have pandemonium a meltdown.
Bring on White Chocolate

Online PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
« Reply #588 on: May 31, 2017, 06:23:56 PM »
It kills me to say this but PA looks incredible at the team camp. QB runs the offense to perfection and Hudson Henry looks like a 5 star TE.  They've torched everyone I've seen.
I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. Fucking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the shit men fanta

Offline SpiderHam

• Boar
  • Jump Back, Kiss Myself!
« Reply #589 on: June 01, 2017, 08:53:15 AM »
It kills me to say this but PA looks incredible at the team camp. QB runs the offense to perfection and Hudson Henry looks like a 5 star TE.  They've torched everyone I've seen.
Thought that camp would be a good test for them.  PA taking on Fayetteville, Greenwood, Russellville, Broken Arrow, and Fort Smith Northside at the Greenwood camp.  They will not play anybody of that caliber on their schedule this year. 

Hudson Henry will just be a Jr this year.  He just might be better than his brother.  He is certainly faster.  They split him out at WR and nobody can cover him in the slot. 

Online PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
« Reply #590 on: June 01, 2017, 09:26:08 AM »
Thought that camp would be a good test for them.  PA taking on Fayetteville, Greenwood, Russellville, Broken Arrow, and Fort Smith Northside at the Greenwood camp.  They will not play anybody of that caliber on their schedule this year. 

Hudson Henry will just be a Jr this year.  He just might be better than his brother.  He is certainly faster.  They split him out at WR and nobody can cover him in the slot.

In a game scenario I could see them struggling with a team like BA who will line up and pound it with big bruisers all game. 
I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. Fucking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the shit men fanta

Offline SpiderHam

• Boar
« Reply #591 on: June 01, 2017, 02:04:22 PM »
In a game scenario I could see them struggling with a team like BA who will line up and pound it with big bruisers all game.
No doubt that is how you beat them.  That is what Salt Lake East did last year.  Beat them up on the line on both sides of the ball.  If they can turn it into a 7 on 7 game with a few tired linemen on the field, they will rip you up.  Especially when you factor the onside kicks and going for it on every 4th down.  Salt Lake East had clearly better talent especially linemen.  Wynne last year tried that game and couldn't.  Cabot beat them by 1 point several years ago with that style and then got run out the next year when PA got 4 straight onside kicks and led 28-0 before Cabot got the ball.  (Cabot did kickoff with an onside kick they did not recover). 

They lost their D coordinator Todd Wood to Russellville and that was a team strength the past two years.  It will be interesting to see what they do differently on D this year. 

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #592 on: June 01, 2017, 02:50:34 PM »
I think Hope beat them one year in the slop in similar fashion.
I really hope Hillary can run in 2016 and wins

Offline SpiderHam

• Boar
« Reply #593 on: June 17, 2017, 11:54:19 AM »
Shootout of the South 7 on 7 tourney going on in LR today at Bluebird Field off Pinnacle Mtn Dr..  They finished pool play and are headed to elimination play today.
Crazy good field for this one.

Offline SpiderHam

• Boar
« Reply #594 on: June 17, 2017, 05:16:01 PM »
Har-Ber vs Allen, Tx for the championship.

Offline SpiderHam

• Boar
« Reply #595 on: June 17, 2017, 09:52:32 PM »
Allen, Tx beats Har-Ber 39-28 to win Shootout of the South 7 on 7 tourney.  Maumelle won the consolation bracket.

Page created in 3.222 seconds with 37 queries.