Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Austin Allen's tool is bigger than yours  (Read 86327 times)

Offline Animal

• Totally not an administrator
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
Re: Austin Allen's tool is bigger than yours
« Reply #175 on: September 18, 2016, 02:40:18 PM »
This is the throw that Stoerner thought was unwise and people are saying could've been picked.

I don't think so, I think he knew exactly what he was doing there.  The defender he threw it over had no shot.

I thought #24 had a chance to break on it. But I also believe AA has enough understanding to know what throws he can and can't make. I think the ball could come out a little quicker and we wouldn't be talking about a few passes that look close to being iffy. That anticipation comes with more live game reps and looking off safeties and what not.

He's going to have film on him now, I would expect defenses to throw some new stuff at him.

It's better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war

Bruce Lee

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• Surgeon General of Woopig
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #176 on: September 18, 2016, 02:41:53 PM »
That is not the one I noticed. The one I was talking about was also to the flat but really slow to get there. If the defender had turned, he would have easily picked it. I still think AA is a very good QB and will only get better. If we can just keep the defense out of his face.....

I remember the one in the flat, could've easily been picked.

Offline Animal

• Totally not an administrator
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #177 on: September 18, 2016, 02:43:15 PM »
Ball location needs to improve as well, that TD should be on the outside shoulder in the back corner.

At least he's not one hopping passes

It's better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war

Bruce Lee

Offline Tonic

• Local Sunshine Pumper
  • Boar
« Reply #178 on: September 18, 2016, 02:45:41 PM »
#6 didn't have a shot but #24, the guy that ended up tackling him, could have stepped in front instead of behind.

#24 appears to try to do just that but Keon put his big body in the way.

Don't waste your time with the mouth breathers.

Offline cotte

• Retired Woopig Softballah
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #179 on: September 18, 2016, 02:51:00 PM »

No, he never turned around until he had overcommitted.

Having said that, I've been defending Austin all year off the board (even during the off season due to Allen haters in general). And I think hes going to be great here.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 02:54:59 PM by cotte »
We're going to pick em up when they come off the damn bus. We gonna guard people.
Mike Anderson - March 26th, 2011

Offline wvhawgfan

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #180 on: September 18, 2016, 02:51:37 PM »
That's what I see as well. Hatcher comes back for the ball, correctly, and keeps the defender from making a play on the ball.

Offline Tonic

• Local Sunshine Pumper
  • Boar
« Reply #181 on: September 18, 2016, 03:19:45 PM »
No, he never turned around until he had overcommitted.

Having said that, I've been defending Austin all year off the board (even during the off season due to Allen haters in general). And I think hes going to be great here.

Yes or No, to me that looks like what happened. Saying No is incorrect because it's not definitive, just an opinion.

Don't waste your time with the mouth breathers.

Offline cotte

• Retired Woopig Softballah
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #182 on: September 18, 2016, 03:31:18 PM »
Yes or No, to me that looks like what happened. Saying No is incorrect because it's not definitive, just an opinion.
It's ok, buddy. I'll buy you a beer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A | PM me for my OnlyFans!

We're going to pick em up when they come off the damn bus. We gonna guard people.
Mike Anderson - March 26th, 2011

Offline The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #183 on: September 18, 2016, 03:45:34 PM »
Like I said, he had a great game but he did just enough wrong to give the coaches some room for some good coaching.  I think he will continue to improve by leaps and bounds.  He seems to be very coachable and has the tools.

Offline big_pig

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #184 on: September 18, 2016, 04:04:28 PM »
ultimately I don't think Allen is going to be a problem in any game. He's clearly got "it" and has great coaching.

All I worry about is giving him time in the pocket. A&M's DL is beastly and their safeties are great too.  A busted protection leads to a desperation heave and that's an INT recipe.

I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• Surgeon General of Woopig
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #185 on: September 18, 2016, 04:31:24 PM »
ultimately I don't think Allen is going to be a problem in any game. He's clearly got "it" and has great coaching.

All I worry about is giving him time in the pocket. A&M's DL is beastly and their safeties are great too.  A busted protection leads to a desperation heave and that's an INT recipe.

This is the thing that worries me about the aTm game.  With good protection I think we win easily, but with Aggies in our backfield we lose easily.  I'm hoping the extra week we had this week gave our coaches time to come up with a good game plan for pass protection.

Offline wvhawgfan

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #186 on: September 18, 2016, 04:58:56 PM »
This is the thing that worries me about the aTm game.  With good protection I think we win easily, but with Aggies in our backfield we lose easily.  I'm hoping the extra week we had this week gave our coaches time to come up with a good right tackle.

Offline Mike Slive

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #187 on: September 18, 2016, 05:06:24 PM »
This is the thing that worries me about the aTm game.  With good protection I think we win easily, but with Aggies in our backfield we lose easily.  I'm hoping the extra week we had this week gave our coaches time to come up with a good game plan for pass protection.

We break out the shuttle pass this week to Reed.  :stache:

Offline Mike Slive

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #188 on: September 18, 2016, 05:22:48 PM »
Just had a though, has AA thrown the ball away this year? I know BA specialized in this under Chaney.

Offline The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #189 on: September 18, 2016, 05:27:40 PM »
Just had a though, has AA thrown the ball away this year? I know BA specialized in this under Chaney.

It's the difference in coaching.  Enos is more like Petrino was.  He coaches QBs to make plays not to avoid mistakes.  Enos puts a lot of responsibility on QBs and expects them to do well.  If you coach a QB to be a bus driver, you get a bus driver.  Enos wants a QB.

Offline allswell

• Wild Hog
« Reply #190 on: September 18, 2016, 06:56:44 PM »
This is the throw that Stoerner thought was unwise and people are saying could've been picked.

I don't think so, I think he knew exactly what he was doing there.  The defender he threw it over had no shot.

color analyst clearly stated that on this particular play that enos is a fundamentals guy and his qbs practice making this throw everyday - over corner&under safety.

besides, clint stoerner doesn't know shit about wisdom.

maybe i got the russian feed this week?

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hammer Down
« Reply #191 on: September 18, 2016, 08:02:39 PM »
I disagree. The defender had plenty of time to step in front of that pass. He just isn't as good of a defender as the sec will have.
I cringed when he threw this pass.

I'm with you.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

"I can understand your disdain for Arkansas people when all you've had exposure to is the NW Ark people. The natives are idiots and the imports are Yankees." - Lurk, May 2016

Offline Mike Slive

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #192 on: September 18, 2016, 08:27:56 PM »
I'm with you.

I wasn't going to respond until I saw you agree. I watched that play live and thought, damn that should have been a pick. When I watched it in replays, looked like AA and Hatcher were on the same page. The page I'm suggesting they were on is, I'm wide open in the endzone so throw it to me and I will catch it before the defender who is way out of the picture can close on the ball. If anything, Hatcher made that catch more exciting than it needed to be.

Offline JoeBobHog

• Boar
  • your wife's pussy tastes like sweet butter.
« Reply #193 on: September 18, 2016, 08:56:34 PM »
the OT touchdown to Sprinkle against TCU should have been picked had the DB turned around to see it

...if he was 7 foot tall.

:notexas:

Irvin: BWAAHAHAHA! (yelling) Aw mane!  Deion, scrin scranton!  BWAAHAHAHA!  Got to grisna!  Like T.O.!  BWAAHAHAHA!
Sanders: BWAAHAHAHA!
Marino: OK, well like we were saying before, McNair will display the toughness and show the kind of heart that…
Irvin: BWAAAHAHAHA! (yelling) You know I scrilleous crate!  Grab a pen in traven!  BWAAAHAHAHA!  Sh*t!  Now I’m say!  Aw mane!
Sanders: HA HA!  Crenious shanta!  BWAAAHAHAHA!   Marino: What?
Irvin: BWAAAHAHAHA! (pushes Sanders in shoulder, falls backward out of chair)
Sanders:  Aw mane!  Irvin: (from ground)  BWAAAHAHAHA!

Offline jonbo

• A Shoat
« Reply #194 on: September 18, 2016, 09:01:23 PM »
What I want to know is how did the camera/operator manage to pull back just perfectly like that so that it caught Allen throwing, the flight of the ball, and then Hatcher catching it? Was that the operator's skill? If so, that was incredible. Or was that all done post-shot somehow?

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hammer Down
« Reply #195 on: September 18, 2016, 09:12:13 PM »
I wasn't going to respond until I saw you agree. I watched that play live and thought, damn that should have been a pick. When I watched it in replays, looked like AA and Hatcher were on the same page. The page I'm suggesting they were on is, I'm wide open in the endzone so throw it to me and I will catch it before the defender who is way out of the picture can close on the ball. If anything, Hatcher made that catch more exciting than it needed to be.

It was, though shorter,than the ball Gaines took 100 against OM in 2014.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

"I can understand your disdain for Arkansas people when all you've had exposure to is the NW Ark people. The natives are idiots and the imports are Yankees." - Lurk, May 2016

Offline Mike Slive

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #196 on: September 18, 2016, 09:13:35 PM »
It was, though shorter,than the ball Gaines took 100 against OM in 2014.

No, Gaines wasn't running over 15 yards to cover a wide open WR but whatevs.

Offline Hogtired

• Tush Hog
« Reply #197 on: September 19, 2016, 07:51:10 AM »
He's going to have growing pains considering g he has 3 start. It took BA several seasons. Just keep an eye on where he parks his ride.

AYFSM?

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Tush Hog
« Reply #198 on: September 19, 2016, 09:06:57 AM »

This is for all our qb experts, but especially the guy sitting 2 rows behind me on Saturday who like to use their "quarterback expertise" to declare whatever qb they are watching as weaker than they would be. 

On this play, Texas State chose to run Cover 2, which to most people means the cornerback is responsible for the flat area (which is the area on the field just outside the 1st inside receiver, many times the tight end or a slot/rb lined up just outside the tackle all the way to the sideline and about 7-10 yds deep.  The safety will be responsible for the entire half of the field he is lined up on from about 10yds off the ball's original alignment to the goal line.  By the way, cover 2 this close to the goal line against a play action team almost always spells disaster.

On this particular play, Hatcher has two options--run 10 yards and stop or run 10 yards then work the inside of the field on a straight line (called a dig route by most folks) exploring the areas not occupied by defenders.  For those of you experts saying AA was staring down the receiver, take another look.  His first read is to see if the CB "bails" (or drops back, basically running whatever route the widest man runs, which would mean it is not Cover 2, but Cover 4, which is sometimes disguised with the original alignment, or some sort of combination including man coverage).  If the CB sticks in cover 2, the qb will throw to the receiver who is looking for the same thing to adjust his route.  You can literally see AA looking at the CB in this video.  The CB freezes, and both Hatcher and AA react appropriately.  You can see the safety sprinting his butt off to get to the area, but he doesn't make it.  Had the CB occupied Hatcher's route, AA would have checked to his next read.

By the way, AA first checks the safety and then the corner.  No receiver staring down.

Although I recognize that I am much smarter than most people, it infuriates me to have people who just like to repeat what they heard Vern repeat years ago doing our qb's a disservice, by wrongfully describing the action to their almost drunk girlfriend in hopes she will succumb to her teenage fascination with the coach at her school, and treat her boyfriend like she wanted to treat that coach since he's now sounding like one.

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Strict No Tolerance Palsy
« Reply #199 on: September 19, 2016, 09:11:42 AM »
This is for all our qb experts, but especially the guy sitting 2 rows behind me on Saturday who like to use their "quarterback expertise" to declare whatever qb they are watching as weaker than they would be. 

On this play, Texas State chose to run Cover 2, which to most people means the cornerback is responsible for the flat area (which is the area on the field just outside the 1st inside receiver, many times the tight end or a slot/rb lined up just outside the tackle all the way to the sideline and about 7-10 yds deep.  The safety will be responsible for the entire half of the field he is lined up on from about 10yds off the ball's original alignment to the goal line.  By the way, cover 2 this close to the goal line against a play action team almost always spells disaster.

On this particular play, Hatcher has two options--run 10 yards and stop or run 10 yards then work the inside of the field on a straight line (called a dig route by most folks) exploring the areas not occupied by defenders.  For those of you experts saying AA was staring down the receiver, take another look.  His first read is to see if the CB "bails" (or drops back, basically running whatever route the widest man runs, which would mean it is not Cover 2, but Cover 4, which is sometimes disguised with the original alignment, or some sort of combination including man coverage).  If the CB sticks in cover 2, the qb will throw to the receiver who is looking for the same thing to adjust his route.  You can literally see AA looking at the CB in this video.  The CB freezes, and both Hatcher and AA react appropriately.  You can see the safety sprinting his butt off to get to the area, but he doesn't make it.  Had the CB occupied Hatcher's route, AA would have checked to his next read.

By the way, AA first checks the safety and then the corner.  No receiver staring down.

Although I recognize that I am much smarter than most people, it infuriates me to have people who just like to repeat what they heard Vern repeat years ago doing our qb's a disservice, by wrongfully describing the action to their almost drunk girlfriend in hopes she will succumb to her teenage fascination with the coach at her school, and treat her boyfriend like she wanted to treat that coach since he's now sounding like one.

Yeah, but if those had been SEC defensive backs Allen would have thrown an interception to both of them on the same play.