Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Austin Allen's tool is bigger than yours  (Read 90191 times)

Offline Humphrey BOARgart

• Boar
Re: Austin Allen's tool
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2016, 10:12:55 AM »
You do realize that at this point in their tenures at Arkansas both Hootie and Petrino were 2-1 against LSU don't you?  You do realize that right?

And who were the head coach for LSU in HDN's first 3 years?

Offline The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2016, 10:29:30 AM »
And who were the head coach for LSU in HDN's first 3 years?

You realize that his second LSU win was against Nick Saban don't you?

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Tush Hog
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2016, 10:33:50 AM »
Wow. Finally started reading this as I was watching the replay. The "expert" color guy says that Skip Holtz staff said he stares down receivers, so you experts take this and run with it. AA had thrown 3 passes at the college level before Saturday. Think about another coach saying that based on 3 meaningless mop up time passes.

First interception, he's staring down the freaking corner trying to throw into the hole between the safety and the corner in cover 2. He underthrows, interception. Fixable with experience.

I haven't got to the 2nd int on the replay. I can tell you what happened there. As AA was reading the defense, not staring the receiver down, he throws to where Sprinkle was supposed to be. Sorinkle ran the wrong route. Sheesh. Show some patience. The line was absolutely confused. They'll get better. AA is far above our best qb. I promise.

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Strict No Tolerance Palsy
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2016, 10:36:52 AM »
↑↑↑↑↑↑↑
Bobby Allen

Offline The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2016, 10:38:56 AM »
I don't get the criticism of AA.  He looked better in his debut than any Arkansas QB not named Ryan Mallett or Tyler Wilson than I can ever remember.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2016, 10:52:42 AM »
It doesn't matter to me, I just pointed out that the last three coaches have done better against LSU than talent would indicate we should.  He counters that Bielema is 2-1, and I remind him that the last two were as well.

And Nutt's -1 was a 35-10 loss that wasn't even as close as the score.

And as noted, one of Petrion's two was a Miracle.  If we get ransacked by LSU this year, I'd concede that Bielema's results against them are closer to equal.  But neither of the former's wins were nearly as dominant. 

But keep fucking that chicken. 

Fast guy, but can't see a hole if Moses or Jenna Jameson opened it for him.

Offline The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2016, 11:00:25 AM »
And Nutt's -1 was a 35-10 loss that wasn't even as close as the score.

And as noted, one of Petrion's two was a Miracle.  If we get ransacked by LSU this year, I'd concede that Bielema's results against them are closer to equal.  But neither of the former's wins were nearly as dominant. 

But keep fucking that chicken.

You're the one fucking a chicken trying to draw some sort of great statistical analysis after a few football games.   Arkansas should beat LSU regularly.  We are supposed to.  It is expected.  Take away Nick Saban and LSU is not an appreciably better program than Arkansas based on historical results. 

Online Aporkalypse_Now

• Surgeon General of Woopig
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2016, 11:10:58 AM »
You're the one fucking a chicken trying to draw some sort of great statistical analysis after a few football games.   Arkansas should beat LSU regularly.  We are supposed to.  It is expected.  Take away Nick Saban and LSU is not an appreciably better program than Arkansas based on historical results.

You are the only person in America that thinks this.  LSU should have a top 10 team every year based on their recruiting base.  We shouldn't be top 25.  If we did better historically, it's because we were better coached and they made bad hires.

Offline Nolapigz

• Boar
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2016, 11:18:05 AM »
Holy shit.  And I thought you were delusional in the other thread.

Offline The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2016, 11:22:22 AM »
You are the only person in America that thinks this.  LSU should have a top 10 team every year based on their recruiting base.  We shouldn't be top 25.  If we did better historically, it's because we were better coached and they made bad hires.

Arkansas since Houston Nutt is 8-10 against LSU.  And that comes in the middle of what is undoubtedly LSU's best fifteen years in their history.  A series that close after 22 years tells you that we beat them often enough that it shouldn't be a huge surprise, no matter what everyone else in Anerica thinks about it.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hammer Down
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2016, 11:53:21 AM »
That really has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

But if you insist on making this a debate about the past...

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/active/a/arkansas/opponents_records.php?teamid=1793

Nutty was 4-6, with two of the wins from a Miracle and a DMac performance of a lifetime, and got skulldrug on at least a couple of occasions.

Petrion was 2-2, one of the wins thanks to another Miracle.  And one skulldrag on a huge stage.

Bielema is 2-1, with an LSU pseudo-miracle responsible for that one.

So we're 8-9 against LSU in the last 17?  That's impressive.  Especially considering we also let them go 90 yards in 2 minutes in 2013, and we barely lost in 2012 (thanks John L for kicking a FG) and got screwed in 2009. 

I like that we can play LSU so close.  Consistently, I think it was a TD or less game between 2003 and 2013 except the infamous '11 game.

We can do the same against AL over the next 17 years I think, given that Saban retires in the next 5-7 years.  I think Bert views AL as his make it or break it game.  But we don't necessarily have to beat AL to get to the SEC Championship game.  We proved that in 2002, 2010, and possibly 2011. 

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

"I can understand your disdain for Arkansas people when all you've had exposure to is the NW Ark people. The natives are idiots and the imports are Yankees." - Lurk, May 2016

Offline Hogwildpigcrazy

• Tush Hog
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2016, 06:24:53 PM »

Noticeably absent is the SEC referee.

Our founding fathers would have been shooting by now.

Offline big_pig

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2016, 06:42:14 PM »
Noticeably absent is the SEC referee.

If it was Curles he would have thrown the flag on Liston..

I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Online Show-Me Hog

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yep
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2016, 09:56:11 PM »
Watching this FSU quarterback come alive in the second half, and watching what Chad Kelley does in general, I think having a QB who can get out of the pocket and get first downs with his legs is such an important part of current college football.  Statues with arms are a thing of the past.

Offline Animal Chin

• Tush Hog
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2016, 09:59:17 PM »
Watching this FSU quarterback come alive in the second half, and watching what Chad Kelley does in general, I think having a QB who can get out of the pocket and get first downs with his legs is such an important part of current college football.  Statues with arms are a thing of the past.

It really depends on the statue.

Kelley runs quite a bit.  So, he's not a statue with arms.

Online Show-Me Hog

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yep
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2016, 10:01:36 PM »
It really depends on the statue.

Kelley runs quite a bit.  So, he's not a statue with arms.

I know about Kelley, that's my exact point.  A defense can account for everybody and do everything right, then still lose the series because the QB keeps getting unscripted first downs.  I want our QB to do that.

Offline Animal Chin

• Tush Hog
« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2016, 10:03:44 PM »
Depends on the statue.

Online Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
  • An image of excellence.
« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2016, 10:13:18 PM »
I know about Kelley, that's my exact point.  A defense can account for everybody and do everything right, then still lose the series because the QB keeps getting unscripted first downs.  I want our QB to do that.

So if Bryan Mallett and the Family Arm showed up and wanted to play qb, you'd politely decline?

An té nach leigheasann im nó uisce beatha, ní aon leigheas ar.

Tiocfaidh ár lá! Éireann go brách!

Offline Animal Chin

• Tush Hog
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2016, 10:15:45 PM »

So if Bryan Mallett and the Family Arm showed up and wanted to play qb, you'd politely decline?

I'd hate to have Mallett right now.  Statue.

Offline wvhawgfan

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2016, 10:16:04 PM »

Of course not, but being a "willing runner" when you have the chance to make a first down or minimize a loss is always a good thing.

Online Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2016, 10:19:30 PM »
I'd hate to have Mallett right now.  Statue.

I tell you a qb that could bounce around out there... Peanut Adams. He had dem wheels, son.

Offline Animal Chin

• Tush Hog
« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2016, 10:19:56 PM »

Offline Animal Chin

• Tush Hog
« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2016, 10:21:36 PM »

I tell you a qb that could bounce around out there... Peanut Adams. He had dem wheels, son.

Before his time.  He'd be all-American these days.

Online Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2016, 10:24:37 PM »
Before his time.  He'd be all-American these days.

Starting for LSU. Les is really ahead of the curve in putting dual threat qb's into a pro style offense.

Offline Animal Chin

• Tush Hog
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2016, 10:27:18 PM »

Starting for LSU. Les is really ahead of the curve in putting dual threat qb's into a pro style offense.

I haven't been paying attention.  How's that Harris kid doing?  Probably put up 400+ and 5 touchdowns against Wisconsin.